It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**fail proof** zombie apocalypse "fortress"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
sounds more like a parasite style zombie. they would suck, no way to kill them.
well maybe chop them up and burn them.

go all shaun of the dead or bill murray and just blend in. thats how i'd survive movie zombies.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

In one of the movies they did exactly that, chopped him up and burnt him.

It rained then the ashes sunk into a cemetery and raised even more zombies!

Some of the old Romero Movies display it. Like return of the living dead.

i think thats it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The biggest threat to your safety in any apocalyptic scenario, whether it's viral, zombies, or anything else, is OTHER PEOPLE.

Other people will steal your boat, your supplies, and kill you for what they think you might have if they think you have something they want or need.

In regards to house boats, having lots of experience in boating, typical house boats are not sea worthy for real ocean travel. House boats are good for river and lakes, but ocean travel is pretty much out. Further, any sailing vessel that requires an engine for travel is flawed due to a need for regular resupply of fuel in an environment where fuel is no longer being manufactured.
There are other options like a large sailing yacht that would be more efficient.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriendlyGopher
* Zombies although they do not swim WILL be floating around and can climb on board.
One thing that we used to do is wax the sides with grease so they can't climb up.

LOL WHAT?

One thing you used to do??
edit on 11-10-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by FriendlyGopher
* Zombies although they do not swim WILL be floating around and can climb on board.
One thing that we used to do is wax the sides with grease so they can't climb up.

LOL WHAT?

One thing you used to do??

WTF.... public school education? Dont know your history????!!! Thats back during the zombie wars of 1980... we used to grease everything.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think you all need to get some help! sighs.

um! you would be best with a big cargo ship.
you have a graet deal of space.
put solar panles all over the top. and have space to grow crops.
ships have get thire fresh water from sea water.
you would have to use a cable as an anker. not a chaine.
and have some thing on the cable to stop them climing it.
some kined crane to lower a boat to go ashore.
and make it so no one can get on to the ship.
living or dead.

ok! I need help as much as you...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

What if Castles were really built for the Zombie Appocolypse ?

Ever think of that?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This!

*Just have to figure out how to get up there...

edit on 11-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
We have a houseboat. On Harry S Truman Lake and Reservoir
Fresh water, 100 gallons
Gas 80 gallons
Black water holding tank 55 gallons
Generator
Fridge
One bedroom, livingroom, kitchen, bathroom with shower, front porch(covered), back porch(covered), open sun deck
two v-8 engines with 20inch diam. brass props.
Solid steel body and hull.
44 ft end to end with half basement (for storage and utilities)
The generator will run for 5 days on the gas tank, unless using the motors. I only burn about 1 gallon an hour on the motors at cruising speed.
The ladder is between the props on the back so easy to chop zombies

Truman Lake has 55,600 surface acres of fresh water.
The best part.... Very close the Whiteman Airforce Base
incase I run out of amo.

wiki-Truman Lake

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
We have a houseboat. On Harry S Truman Lake and Reservoir
Fresh water, 100 gallons
Gas 80 gallons
Black water holding tank 55 gallons
Generator
Fridge
One bedroom, livingroom, kitchen, bathroom with shower, front porch(covered), back porch(covered), open sun deck
two v-8 engines with 20inch diam. brass props.
Solid steel body and hull.
44 ft end to end with half basement (for storage and utilities)
The generator will run for 5 days on the gas tank, unless using the motors. I only burn about 1 gallon an hour on the motors at cruising speed.
The ladder is between the props on the back so easy to chop zombies

Truman Lake has 55,600 surface acres of fresh water.
The best part.... Very close the Whiteman Airforce Base
incase I run out of amo.

wiki-Truman Lake

Id rather be eaten by zombies/redneck apocalyptos than be stuck for the rest of my life on a boat with 3 kids and a husband.... and a bunch of assorted critters...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Kids are grown and gone...to far away to be company...just the one grandkid.
But I get your point!!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
ideally, one would need several safe places.
several safe places keeps you from losing everything if one place should be overrun or fall to zombies, or other people.
several places allows for fall back points of retreat and distributed supply so there's always some place to go, and there's always supplies instead of having to start all over again if one place is no longer safe. distribution allows for cut and run.
several places disguises movement so a well worn path to any one single place of safety for opportunists or zombies to follow.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Alaskan Off shore oil rig.
Weather stable/zombie proof.
Even if they could walk underwater and climb the supports, they would freeze like icesicles.
plenty of fuel, and melt ice for freshwater.

If it has a helicopter, you could make quick trips the the snowy mainland and shred some powder on skis or snowboards until it's over.
shred the apocolypse!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Nobody said you had to put it in salt water. Besides, a house boat is not made to withstand the rough sea's you could experience 2 miles of shore.

Better would be to stay in an inland lake (fresh water) somewhere in the south where it wouldn't freeze and just anchor 100 yards off shore.

Careful they can't climb up your anchor line.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I live in MN, so I know I would be just fine as far as water is concerned
2nd

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
My zombie fortress will be Madeline Island in Lake Superior off the Northern coast of Wisconsin.

Since zombies aren't warm blooded they will freeze solid in winter, much easier to avoid when they are a solid block of frozen zombie.

Unless there are sailing schools that cater to zombies I'll be in the clear in the summer too.

I'm from Duluth MN, and know exactly the spot you are talking about. Nice idea, Ive thought about a few islands up here in the north, then again, pretty much anywhere in northern MN would be just about ideal to get away.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

i dont see any flaws in this plan, however you are more than welcome to point some out or even suggest a way to make the house boat fortress even better

What aboutSharks with frickin laser beams on their heads?????????

Sorry;couldn't resist
but seriously a house boat
or sailboat has all kinds of teotwaki possibilities.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
See i have always thought a ocean cruise liner or similar.. i mean they are huge.. i know a few people i would like to keep close when Z-day hits.. but then there the issue of fuel.. best plan would be a proper sailboat.. one of the huge ones that are designed for a decent sized crew.. maybe 20 folk or so.. much like "back in the day" you would use smaller row boats as landing craft... set up some folks as snipers on the main boat....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
ok im sure you've heard them all... of course im talking about the "perfect" zombie apocalypse survival home, or fortress,...but has anyone ever thought of this one?.

a house boat.

forget about taking over a walmart, or baracading yourself inside your home, or even living in an RV.

how about a house boat? think about it... a decent sized house boat ia about the size of an average apartment, some can even be compared to a regular house!

when things get ugly, you could simply sail off a couple of miles away from shore, you have all your needs taken care of already. you have a place to sleep, you have a bathroom(if it becomes useless you can always do your business into the ocean).most house boats have a deck, or even a second floor, where you could grow some essential plants, or vegetables.

a great beneffit of the house boat fortress is that the sea is your supermarket, all you need is some basic fishing gear and you would never go hungry!

Sounds like a good plan, a barricaded houseboat with armor plates. Romero would approve! If you get that going with the proper rigging and everything count me in, I would like to join you.

I am seeing some really black things going on everyday; it's like the world keeps getting blacker and blacker. Read the book of Romans how Paul talks about society falling apart and worshipping reptiles and birds and other creatures.

For some reason that all seems to be true about the zombie apocalypse happening. Just look how people out there in society are becoming. A note to all puritan descendants of Cotton Mather and John Winthrop, ready to start lock and loading. So we don't become like that poor russian soldier who was torn apart and eaten alive. That video on youtube. You would think one soldier could take on three or four of them freak monsters, but apparently not. People have lost traditional beauty and the high quality of yamato damashi. So next they become zombies.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

desalination

Zombie mosquitoes, game over

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join