It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Key Events that are Just Ahead

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by morf991
"Wake up and smell the logic, stop hating people because "its what god wants" and start loving people because WE ARE ALL HUMANS."

Funny you say that because Jesus presented the ethical concepts of humility, charity, and BROTHERLY LOVE, which is the basis for the christian religion.

Hence, "followers" of Jesus are really not fulfilling their vow/covenant to him.

If am wrong with the those concepts please feel free to correct me people.

I've very aware of how christianity is SUPPOSED to work, and I'm equally aware of how HYPOCRITICAL those nut jobs are.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory
too bad the bible isnt real

If the bible isnt real I guess I've never read one then, must of been a dream
edit on 12-10-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Here you see how religions are all copies of one another

In here you see the late George Carlin expressing my personal beliefs on religion.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vortiki

Here you see how religions are all copies of one another

In here you see the late George Carlin expressing my personal beliefs on religion.

My sentiments exactly.. Fear mongering seems to be a common occurrence among religions.

Fear of death has robbed humankind of it's sanity...

-M

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Muslickz

It isnt just the fear mongering. It's the total lack of any critical thinking, logical thinking, RATIONAL thinking, or compassion for your other human beings occupying this planet. If there were a hell I'm sure about 99% of all christians would end up there for their misguided judgement so quickly laid upon everyone else. I hope in their next life they are all reincarnated to a rice field then cultivated to print bibles.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by colbe

YO! Colbe, where you be at?

Hi radpetey,

Just saw your post. I sure wish you would listen to the Irish mystic.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by deadeyedick

It's Rorschach, nothing more, nothing less. Inkblot test. People see and hear what they want to. People use "god" as a scapegoat. I do this because its what "god" wants. I believe this, because "god's will" demands it. These people are freaking insane.

Little do they know their precious religion is a mere replica of several religions before them.

Yes indeed it has likeness but i don't see it as a replica.
I have all these same thoughts.
I have come to realize that what god wants and what my soul is drawn to is the same.
It has nothing to do with what people think or are told what god wants.
We all have a connection with god inside us and you will never get to feel his presence unless you truly open your heart and accept jesus to light up your life and only then if you have patients will you have your questions answered.

I do not wish to offend anyone with my beliefs only to show that we all have goodness inside.
You are also right about the inkblot test.Remember perception is a tool.

Their is another test you can do without opening a bible or going to church.It's simple just ask god to show you the way and repent.After you do that get ready cause your world will turn to # and you will have every reason not to believe.Just use that as a sign post and keep the faith and like joe dirt said keep on keepin on.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Gotta love George Carlin!

edit on 12-10-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2011 by deadeyedick because: vid

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by colbe

Not saying I'm a disbeliever but I don't believe in the fear mongering side, and as for a lady that saw Jesus I'm not saying it's not possible but there has been people that have seen him in toast and oil stains, how do we know what he looks like and if it's him?

I appreciate your question. Yeah, there are false prophets. Pray for discernment before
you read a message, you'll recognize it isn't from God. Realize too, there aren't that
many prophets hearing from Heaven. Decide to "listen" to the few receiving the messages. And on the physical, yes, people go overboard. The fact is though, God does use physical objects as a sign sometimes to bring people to faith. There is a verse in Scripture that says..."when the stones cry out."

I just suggested to radpetey, miles, listen to Maria the Irish visionary. It's an opportunity
to hear it from the horse's mouth. She sounds like the most normal and worldly, regular
person I have every heard. She said it herself, she was almost agnostic, how could
Our Lord have come to her to share what He wishes the whole world to know about what's
coming. The interviewer asks the best questions, it flows, much is answered. Come
back after you listen to it. Turn the volume to the MAX to hear it. This is the Net, you
can view something else why you are listening to the interview.

Here's the link again, scroll down to yesterday, the 11th. You'll see "A special interview"..
and the click on the interview just below. It's very interesting and gives everyone hope.

www.blessedmotherschildren.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Here's something those who deny God, deny Jesus.

You are stopped, you can give no reason how a mental prayer offered to God, that
no one hears is answered. And especially, the miraculous ones. A person healed
and medicine nor science after examination can explain.

And you cannot prove to me that ANY prayer has ever been answered in which there is no reasonable explination other than "it was god"

Vortiki,

I guess the testimony of people for 2000 years, they are all liars according to you.
Seee...how you are stuck. I wish I could change your heart. Let me try.

Sharing a direct link, read witness to prayers answered by a powerful saint all according
to God's Will. Through God, Padre Pio answered these personal prayers.

Read some them. When Padre Pio was on the earth and now that he is in Heaven. Doctors, Scientists have examined these miracles of Padre Pio. A man gained sight
who had no pupils! Pio is a powerful intercessor, pray to him.

www.padrepiodevotions.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Repent, repent repent! The end is near!

*goes back to curb with cardboard sign*

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

One thing is true: God gave his only son, Jesus, to die for our sins that we may be saved from this wretched world and all depravity centered within it. I am not trying to " win over " anyone, but one must understand and accept, without doubt that the Bible is the written word of God. Why are men, who are so quick to pass judgement on the writer of this topic? I'll tell you in a quick manner: Judgement is left of God. He gave us the Bible to serve as a " Real life guide " on how to live our lives trying to help our fellow man and to do right with all we encounter. He built it, he can destroy it in any fashion he pleases. I have a question for those who think there is no God.

Who made the color of a yellow rose yellow? Who made that decision?
Who made the sky blue?
Who makes the gravity of our earth just so that we are in the perfect order from the sun to enjoy life as we know it?
Many, many, more questions for those who doubt. I'd be satisfied with the answer to the first question. God is real.

My mom told me many years ago that she brought me into this world, and she can take me out. She is right. God has the final say-so though. Peace. Out.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

This movie can answer questions for some.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Gods are real.No doubt.There are plenty of gods overseeing the planets in this universe.Billions of gods.People become gods after understanding what existence is all about.It is like getting a job promotion.It is the gradual progression of life.After multiple reincarnations,you grow .Its ashame that different cults like jesus ,hale-bopp cult,jonestown in guyana have flourished throughout the years.Gods are real,thank gods.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
This was pretty dreary.

I had a lot more fun reading this after I replaced "God" with "Space-Chicken," "Heaven" with "Akron, Ohio" and "Jesus Christ" with "The Easter Bunny."

Oh oh oh, also replace "repent" with "party like it's 1999."

edit on 11-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

YES!
It WAS a lot more fun reading it that way!
I might even want to re-read the Buy-Bull from THIS perspective...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by inven104u2

One thing is true: God gave his only son, Jesus, to die for our sins that we may be saved from this wretched world and all depravity centered within it. I am not trying to " win over " anyone, but one must understand and accept, without doubt that the Bible is the written word of God. Why are men, who are so quick to pass judgement on the writer of this topic? I'll tell you in a quick manner: Judgement is left of God. He gave us the Bible to serve as a " Real life guide " on how to live our lives trying to help our fellow man and to do right with all we encounter. He built it, he can destroy it in any fashion he pleases. I have a question for those who think there is no God.

Who made the sky blue?
Who makes the gravity of our earth just so that we are in the perfect order from the sun to enjoy life as we know it?
Many, many, more questions for those who doubt. I'd be satisfied with the answer to the first question. God is real.

My mom told me many years ago that she brought me into this world, and she can take me out. She is right. God has the final say-so though. Peace. Out.

Beautiful reply. And yes, it's God choice, our next breath.

I would like to comment on the words underlined. Actually, He gave us a
Church, one Church as a "Real Life Guide" which includes the written Word. Far
more powerful is the "grace" given in the Sacraments of that Church.

That Church, the RCC gave the world the Bible. She alone canonized Scripture by
her God given authority. No where in the Bible does the Bible say the Bible is our authority rather it says the Church is our authority, the foundation of Truth.

After you experience the Great Warning, you'll say, yes, why did I not see.

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Whom are you referring too?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

16? More like 12 LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by colbe

Whom are you referring too?

I was replying to inven140u2's words.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by inven104u2

Who made the sky blue?

Who made the color of a yellow rose yellow?
a. Who made that decision?

Two parter
Part 1 - How humans see color - this will assist you in the baseline of how color works according to human vision.

Part 2 - History of the yellow rose
For technical information on "who" decided the color of said rose, please see this article, and of course the article about how humans see color.

Now i would also like to throw this out there, members of my family are color blind, so according to them the colors based with Blue on the spectrum do not exist, so then what color are they really?

Who made the sky blue?

- please review this article (howstuffworks) which discusses refraction of light. Also please take into account of my family and the fact they cannot see the color blue, i can tell you what color they see the sky

- Please review this article (universetoday) as it discusses the fundamentals of gravity in relation to planet earth.
For information on the suns gravity well please review this article (northwestern) which discusses both planatary gravity as well as the suns gravity well.

I hope these answers assist you in your quest for knowledge!
edit on 12-10-2011 by Spruk because: forgot a quote tag

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join