It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Key Events that are Just Ahead

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 001ggg100
reply to post by Brian2384

It is true the Dead Sea Scrolls are 2000 years old and do "jive" with the current Old Testament... But it took many centuries to write and compile those books... The Dead Sea Scrolls were written by the Essen's... They did not write the old Testament...They were collected and copied and then stored.

Right, and wouldn't they have been re-written during the middle ages? During the "Enlightenment"? Or anytime between these 2000 years? I mean, everybody says it is changed for the times.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

To be honest, I really don't know what to believe. I can sympathize with the downtrodden Muslims and gain support here on ATS or I can go with evolution, which really is just a faith in itself. But no matter what. You and most of the people here will hate Christianity. Why is that? It is not the only religion. Why don't you hate Muslims as well? Or Hindu's? Take a look at this weirdness and tell us what you think www.abovetopsecret.com...
Its about chakras and the kundalini.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

...I'm not about to waste my time actually typing these contradictions and inconsistencies out myself... I'm just going to direct them to sites where it has already been done... But I can almost guarantee you that they will not read them...

Well then I will not take the time to answer them, seeing as how you will not do y our due diligence.

I will do in like kind . . .

reply to post by 001ggg100

Link

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
I will produce one contradiction out of the millions that are in the bible.A god full of love who looks after all his children would never ask a man to kill his own son as an act of faith.Yet,this is what god told abraham to do in the bible.Take your beloved son ,yes Isaac,out and kill him.Once Abraham gets his son out to the field,God says stop,it was just a test of your faith.This is sick charlie manson type stuff.God would never ask a man to commit a heinous crime to impress him.The bible is a sick twisted novel.

Millions huh.

lol

Alright.

As to the one you so graciously provided.

It is called metaphor.

And you call it sick Manson stuff, when that is exactly what He did with His own son . . . hence, metaphor.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yes the Old and New Testaments have been heavily edited during the Middle Ages... I don't believe they re-wrote any of though... Just dropped and cropped stuff that didn't gel with their view on things...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I figured you would answer like that. I have provided some quotes from the bible. If you had taken the time to look at them.... But then you would have to answer to them. So I am not going to bother with you anymore as you clearly do not want to engage in a debate. I would appear you don't trust in your faith to take on that challenge...

Good day to you Sir.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I figured you would answer like that. I have provided some quotes from the bible. If you had taken the time to look at them.... But then you would have to answer to them. So I am not going to bother with you anymore as you clearly do not want to engage in a debate. I would appear you don't trust in your faith to take on that challenge...

Good day to you Sir.
Agreed.Imagine every time you are proven wrong in life,you could say,oh that was only a metaphor.These stories in the bible were not metaphors.They were supposed to be stories that actually happened .Mr. stockbroker I didnt say I want 1000 shares of enron stock, it was only a metaphor,I want my money back.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1

I respect your opinion, and I request that, and others do the same for me. But as for any doubter, all I can say is "hide and watch" what happens. Then you will see the Truth, but hopefully it won't be too late for you to open your eyes.

No disrespect Veritas but almost everything above is pretty vague and non specific.
Financial/economic crisis, natural disasters, wars with no victor........have ALL happened before and will happen time and again......I fail to see what's new or revealing here.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I open my eyes to the fact that the bishop used to come to my house yearly in a brand new lincoln town car for donations.Excuse me mr. bishop,what happened to the vow of poverty.Thats a top of the line lincoln your driving.Do you really need a moonroof on that thing.Where are you taking it to vegas,to hang out on the strip with the ladies?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yes the Old and New Testaments have been heavily edited during the Middle Ages... I don't believe they re-wrote any of though... Just dropped and cropped stuff that didn't gel with their view on things...

The King James has thousands of changes. And modern translations of Scripture especially since the late 60s have been edited.

Read the English translation if you can't read Latin of the first Bible. St. Jerome's
Latin Vulgate. The English translation of the Latin Vulgate is the Douay-Rheims Bible.

I want to read the words closest to Our Lord's words.

Here is a link to the Douay-Rheims: www.drbo.org... The footnotes will help on
the tough verses.

God doesn't leave the world wondering, He gave us an authority, we can know His
plan. We need an authority, personal opinion means nothing. The Church who gave
the world the Bible was given the authority by God to interpret the Bible.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
The Church who gave
the world the Bible was given the authority by God to interpret the Bible.

As the Lord giveth, he also taketh away.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

God doesn't leave the world wondering,

I guess that's why there are numerous different sects of Christianity, 1.5 billion Muslims and millions of others of different faiths ,and not to mention millions of atheists and agnostics!

Yeah I guess God doesn't leave the world wondering!
edit on 14-10-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

I agree, that there is really nothing new here to see. I suppose the most important thing to remember, (if you don't want to look at from a biblical perspective), is that history repeats itself, and we are, in fact about to repeat some things and will most likely make some dire mistakes. By the way, as an avid martial artist, I like your avatar. Bruce Lee was one in million.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by Logical one

I agree, that there is really nothing new here to see. I suppose the most important thing to remember, (if you don't want to look at from a biblical perspective), is that history repeats itself, and we are, in fact about to repeat some things and will most likely make some dire mistakes. By the way, as an avid martial artist, I like your avatar. Bruce Lee was one in million.

Yeah Bruce Lee was special.

I can't take any religion whether Christian, Muslim or other too seriously......especially any religious prophecies...........the "rapture" /"end times" are always just around the corner!

History does indeed repeat just as there will always be wars, murders, disease and internet scammers....... in an ideal world all these things would be eradicated........ but the human condition is such that they never will be sadly!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Yeah Bruce Lee was special.

Indeed he was. I always loved this one. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I understand your reasoning, but the fact is that if people actually lived by the example Christ set forth in the Bible there would be no need to make the world a better place. . . it would already be that place

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2
reply to post by NorwegianTruthHunter

Who created the Ancient Aliens? I have no doubt there are plenty of other races of people much smarter and advanced than us. Something had to create them.

Peace to all

Who was first, the hen or the egg? The Ancient Astronouts are our creator. We were just planted here, so they could see how a less intellegent civilazation would turn out. Sorry if my belief offends anyone!

But point taken Buford2!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join