It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Key Events that are Just Ahead

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Research for yourself means I dont have a clue .

Thanks for the input, Mr. PhD in Theology (
)

You know what. You are right. I do not have a clue . . . I do not have a clue as to how he can claim that the book is oh so full of contradictions, but can't even produce one.

They must be hidden inside that server-full of your "diplomas."

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

www.infidels.org...

www.infidels.org...

www.philvaz.com...

www.philvaz.com...

Check some of these out for yourself... I would love to hear how you explain them....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I will produce one contradiction out of the millions that are in the bible.A god full of love who looks after all his children would never ask a man to kill his own son as an act of faith.Yet,this is what god told abraham to do in the bible.Take your beloved son ,yes Isaac,out and kill him.Once Abraham gets his son out to the field,God says stop,it was just a test of your faith.This is sick charlie manson type stuff.God would never ask a man to commit a heinous crime to impress him.The bible is a sick twisted novel.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

...I'm not about to waste my time actually typing these contradictions and inconsistencies out myself... I'm just going to direct them to sites where it has already been done... But I can almost guarantee you that they will not read them...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

No, actually he never intended for Issac to die.

And furthermore, it is a picture of God's ultimate sacrifice he would provide to cover our utter filth and depravity.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

No again, it is this human race that is sick and twisted beyond measure.

No completing circles, no multiple reincarnation, no enlightened consciousness, no spirit conjuring, and most of all, none of man's best intentions can fix this cancer and the condition of the human heart.... But one.

If you feel differently, good luck to ya!....And let me know how that goes for you in the very end.

Peace
edit on 13-10-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It is depravity to make stories up about god,like what he said to abraham,and put them in a book,like the bible..God never tries to entice people to kill.God would never say to a man,sacrifice your child.That is evil to say that.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Exodus 22:29 "For thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits, and of thy liquors; the firstborn of thy sons shalt thou give unto me."

Judges 11:30-39 "And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the Lord, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hand, Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the Lord's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering. So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon . . . and the Lord delivered them into his hands. . . . And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: . . . And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed."

II Samuel 21:8-14 "But the king [David] took the two sons of Rizpah . . . and the five sons of Michal . . . and he delivered them into the hands of the Gibeonites, and they hanged them in the hill before the Lord: and they fell all seven together, and were put to death in the days of harvest . . . And after that God was intreated for the land."

Hebrews 10:10-12 " . . . we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ . . . But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God."

I Corinthians 5:7 " . . . For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us."

Some examples of GODS acceptance of Human sacrifice...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I agree with you, for the most part. I know it is hard to get our little monkey brains around the pure motives of an infinite God.

But remember, HE DID NOT KILL HIM...... and it was never God's intention to do so.
edit on 13-10-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

...Soooo this infinite GOD has nothing better to do then mess around with this monkeyed brained insignificant being...? "Sacrifice your only son to prove your worthiness... Naaaa, I'm only messing with ya..." What was GOD bored on this particular day? Is GOD so self conscious that he needs to "shake things up a bit" to satisfy his ego?

As for GOD never enticing man to kill....Exodus 32:27 "Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, . . . and slay every man his brother, . . . companion, . . . neighbor."

I Samuel 6:19 " . . . and the people lamented because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter."

I Samuel 15:2,3,7,8 "Thus saith the Lord . . . Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. . . . And Saul smote the Amalekites . . . and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword."

Numbers 15:36 "And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses."

Hosea 13:16 "they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with children shall be ripped up."

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 001ggg100
reply to post by radpetey

...Soooo this infinite GOD has nothing better to do then mess around with this monkeyed brained insignificant being...? "Sacrifice your only son to prove your worthiness... Naaaa, I'm only messing with ya..." What was GOD bored on this particular day? Is GOD so self conscious that he needs to "shake things up a bit" to satisfy his ego?

As for GOD never enticing man to kill....Exodus 32:27 "Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, . . . and slay every man his brother, . . . companion, . . . neighbor."

I Samuel 6:19 " . . . and the people lamented because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter."

I Samuel 15:2,3,7,8 "Thus saith the Lord . . . Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. . . . And Saul smote the Amalekites . . . and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword."

Numbers 15:36 "And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses."

Hosea 13:16 "they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with children shall be ripped up."

It is so hard to read these quotes.Any person with have a brain has to realize that the bible is all pure nonsense.I believe in the existence of god.The real god is all about love , not the god in the bible making nonstop threats and trying to get people to mame and kill.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6

Gen 1:31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
Gen 6:6 The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

All I had to read from EvilBible.com was the first supposed contradiction. What comes between Gen 1:31 and Gen 6:6? Has to be something.

And you are quite correct about "Christians" picking and choosing what they want. Can't argue with you there.
The idea of the universe being larger than we can imagine and has its beginning from a bang the size of a basketball is quite difficult to imagine also.

But I'll give you one that I have always wondered about. When it comes to most of us taking the wide road as compared to the narrow and winding up in hell, one would think that Christians would support abortion. A soul saved; it did not have to take the gamble here on earth.

That and the fact that there are many religions that claim to be the only way. Which one to believe?

Yet I still find myself drawn to Christianity.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Colbe, there is no good fruit as you know. What, Roswell? No proof whatsoever. Area 51, most likely a test site for new technology.

Thanks for the link. I see that you are Catholic. What do you think of the pope saying its ok to believe in aliens?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

"You folks insist on giving GOD a human personality" Really the book says that we were made in His image. And, indeed I do have a problem understanding this idea of eternal damnation and although I am not a "true Christian", have no affiliation with any church, and drink too much, I have felt experiences in my life that I cannot deny. So, if you have all the answers I would love for you to let me in on them.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

"Understand the bible was written by many hands over many centuries." Yet I hear the 2000 year old Dead Sea Scrolls jive with much of the Old Testament.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Sick Charlie Manson type stuff? It's more likely symbolic for what will be done with the Son.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Number 1:......God is holy.

Number 2:......What He created was very good. Just take a look around sometime.

Number3:.......Man started out holy.

Number4:.......God did not want a puppet show, so to speak, therefore giving us a free will.

And most of us know the rest of the story.

What He made was awesome(Just look at Hubble sometime) what we chose with our free will was the death of holiness. And here we find ourselves going back and forth on this thread. One can understand why God would be disgusted with the outcome. I think this quite simply explains the contradiction.

Quite a journey eh!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Brian2384

It is true the Dead Sea Scrolls are 2000 years old and do "jive" with the current Old Testament... But it took many centuries to write and compile those books... The Dead Sea Scrolls were written by the Essen's... They did not write the old Testament...They were collected and copied and then stored.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Brian2384

Are you saying that you cannot have these experiences without the GOD of the bible....? You don't believe that GOD just picks and chooses who it is going to help.... Do you?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Though I do believe in the Lord thy God! I also believe that most of the bible was hijacked to placate the meek of the earth into being subdued by TPTB. I believe while there will come a time where Christ will come back to bring peace to the earth. I also believe that we can't sit here waiting for that day! It's up to us all to make a world where we can thrive and it needs to start with truth, justice and determination for equality not with fairy tales from hack sites! There is a time to worship like when we are thankful for the necessities to live or a time to wait for Christs return like when we have no hope for our survival but when we have the ability to stand up for ourselves to a small group of evil individuals is not one of them! Stop being victims, we can take back our lives and you too can make God the father proud of his childrens ability to bring peace, equality and liberation from the oppressive elitist!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join