It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have super sperm and better genes
then every man in your cowpound.
I can fertilize all the women with the best genetic code/dna
for you.
The next generation from me will be super compounders
For sure a keeper..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Why would I want inside your sitting duck compound? I think I'll just avoid your little compound, maybe interrogate the folks that venture outside to try and learn what may have happened, and then I'll move on to my pre-arranged safe zones.

I have no desire to be locked behind the walls of a compound when the enemy troops, or aliens, or viruses start coming around in force.

Who says we're a sitting duck community? We have some serious weaponry in here and we're in a strategically protected location. Good luck with the zombies, and I hope you make it to one of your safe zones.

Kidding aside, it's good to see people like you who planned ahead. Too many people would fall into the category of dazed and confused wanderers, instead.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely
I'm an American patriot

I'm an American patriot

I'm an American patriot

If that isn't enough for your community, then I will keep walking.

That's not enough for any community.

+37 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm an idiot.

Every village compound needs an idiot.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Although the comforts you are enticing me with sound divine, I think I will pass on comunal living for a while longer yet.

Certainly your choice but -- Oh NO! What's that behind you??? [Sound of smacking reptilian jaws]

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
yeah im not a big fan of survival communities

why the hell would you give other people power over you in a shtf?

yeah there may be saftey and security there but that can go either way.

in my humnbe opinion a true survivalist doesnt need to prop themselves up with others granted that wont work all the time but the majority of the time its preferrable.
edit on 7-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Society caused this mess, I don't think I would want to join a new one. In your scenario, I see the elitism already starting. I would probably try to get a few guys to come 1%er hunting with me.

I have some 1% biker friends, I'm gonna ask the president of the local Vagos club what he thinks about all this 1% stuff...He will smile and say, "wannabes"... I will point out that the financial 1% has caused more death and destruction than every bike club combined...That'll make him think...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Why would someone want into your compound anyway?
There is plenty of food and water outside its walls that remains unregulated.

What kind of SHTF scenario is this?

If you have some medication aspirin whatever, Ill take some........That's all.

If you want something in return, then maybe we can work something out.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
I'm an idiot.

Every village compound needs an idiot.

Who can argue with THAT?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Maybe after you ask me why you should let me in, I should ask you what you need.

What do you need? Lets narrow it down so I can get what I need and move along.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Do you give credence to infrastructure? There would be many disparate people that would need cohesiveness. See this TNG episode for what I mean:

en.wikipedia.org...

Not a cobbler, mechanic, iron worker, warrior, etc but someone that would be needed to enable all to work together?

Interesting episode, indeed. You sound like a sort of project manager, and that's a very necessary skill! Come on in, but I'll warn you that we banned all paperwork.

link   
yeah, you won't let me in. your community is looking to survive at a minimum. looking for basic survival skills to live. not to raise children or create a society. its cool. in the end we all look to what the basic conditions we would want to live in a post apocalyptic society. wish you luck.

link   

I offer my services as leader extraordinaire.
I can make sure no one wants to fight each other, and everyone works happily together.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
for you.
For sure a keeper..

I started to ask you, "What makes your sperm so special?" but then I was afraid you'd answer the question.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Come on GUP, tell me more about your compound. How many people are in there, who's in charge?

At least give me enough information so I don't feel like I'm walking into a trap.

After all there is no doubt in my mind you will expect me to relinquish my fire arms upon entering.
edit on 7-10-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Why should you let me through the checkpoint? You shouldn't for any reason, you already said that you're self sustaining.

If I wanted in, I would say I'm a horse and dog trainer with veterinary skills who dabbles in dentistry and gardening. Once inside I would get a hot meal and bed down for the night. Two hours before sunrise I would start a few house/tent fires, steal some supplies and be on my way while everyone is trying to put out the fires. I would then tell every traveler that I meet that you guys are hoarding food in there.

Yeah, you'd be better off tagging me in the head from about 50 yards when you first see me, and anyone else who happens upon your little oasis. The 'have nots' will out number you pretty quickly otherwise.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yeah im not a big fan of survival communities

why the hell would you give other people power over you in a shtf?

yeah there may be saftey and security there but that can go either way.

in my humnbe opinion a true survivalist doesnt need to prop themselves up with others granted that wont work all the time but the majority of the time its preferrable.
edit on 7-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I actually agree with you. But sometimes, it's necessary to band together to survive. Humans have done this since our race began. There's also the aspect that we need the interaction with other humans, especially in a scary, uncertain SHTF scenario. There's comfort in sitting around the campfire.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
for you.
For sure a keeper..

Him, we SHOOT!

link   
once one enters is he she free to leave? or is there a catch, you must work for supply's even though you shared your BOB, gave your skills freely teaching others your craft, small eng repair, electrical wiring, carpentry cooking, leather craft, how to make black powder, this will be handy for clearing ground to plant seeds.
edit on 7-10-2011 by bekod because: editting

link   
reply to post by snowen20

No can do. Two reasons.

1) In a real scenario like this one, you wouldn't have that information. Why would we tell you how many people are inside or other information that might compromise our group?

2) For the sake of making this thread interesting, I left the scenario deliberately vague. And, I have not been dissapointed with the results. People approach this situation from so many different angles and with such diverse ways of thinking. ATS always comes through in this way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join