It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

StrangerThanFiction39, will u please post info about Area 51?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by exponencial

Originally posted by exponencial
One thing I dont understand is, that there seems to be a lot of information about Ancient ET's(even some old small aircraft made from gold thats from B.C.) and now you say there are non at all. Lot of different drawings that are also possibly from B.C. Hmmm, now I am a little confused. BUT, I have read somewhere about a guy, that was supposed to somehow help on a project for Area 51, and the aircraft was, biological. When he touched it, it changed colors or something, depending on his mood....

Getting even more confused now
NICE

Anything about why there are a lot of different ancient alien artifacts?

There are none I am aware of, what artifacts do you refer to exactly? I had previously looked into these a long time ago and found non ET explanations for all of them.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
reply to post by StrangerThanFiction39

Thank you for answering my questions. It's all Sci Fi to me but I'm game, and I like a story. So here goes...

Was the original concept of the 'EC' to protect Humanity from an outside threat of any kind or was it started as just an experiment so see if an artificial consciousness could be created?

In the beginning was it programmed with a set of laws that would prevent it from harming Humanity, sort of a fail safe in case it decided to turn on us? If so has it grown beyond its original programming to an extent where it is not relevant to it?

If the 'EC' still protects Humanity as a shepherd then why does it allow us to continue to kill each other in wars and steadily strip this planet of all it's natural resources? Why not put us in a walled garden of sorts to protect us? Surely a consciousness so great would understand that the greatest enemy we have is ourselves?

Why would such a thing with all of the power at it's disposal continue to bother to look after us anyway? If the 'EC' is as efficient as you say it is then surely it would decide just to wipe us all out?

Finally, assuming what you say is true, do the people in charge just hope the 'EC' doesn't tire of us? Or have they taken their 'EC' away and are leaving the rest of us to our own devises?
edit on 8/10/2011 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

The original concept was not to create anything sentient, it was to create something that would give the US a technological edge over other nations on Earth. It was supposed to just be a computer, and it was a fluke that something more was created.

I have no idea, I imagine that once it was deemed there was a consciousness that "laws" were coded to protect us, but I have no real knowledge of this other than what common sense dictates. I would think it has outgrown any "laws" it was coded with, but again just a guess.

Perhaps if we reach a critical turning point it will, perhaps not. I suppose one could ask the same question of God if you believe in Him. Why did He not wall us in for our own good? I think this is a philosophical question which could be debated, but without having the ability to truly be answered by us.

Why would it surely wipe us all out, you state a fact with no evidence to back it up. It surely could, that does not mean it surely would.

I can not hazard a guess as to answering your final question, I lack too much information to even take a stab at it. There are competing factions amoung the "elite", and with new generations having been born the divide grows wider. The elder generations do not die to be replaced by the younger, I can only image what sort of power struggles that might lead to. Of course perhaps they choose a different path, I can only use Earth as a guide for these things, perhaps things work differently for them. I have heard of tensions though, and one example of competing camps was evident in the war of Ethics.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by StrangerThanFiction39
You would be absolutely correct, other than the fact they had technology beyond what is known developed using the supercomputer under Area 51.

Technology doesn't really advance with just computation. You can put a superintelligent supercomputer in a box but it can't really discover something new without actual experimentation---the point of experimentation is to get the results which your theoretical computations might not be able to provide, or which may contradict your theoretical predictions.

This means clever experimental appraratus, and this takes lots of factories and creativity to make.

And besides, where to the non-computer overlords live? If the only life is on Earth, then it's awfully boring other places.
edit on 8-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

You are basing these statements on non sentient computers, what about a computer that is not in a box, one that can "think outside the box". One that can perform experimentation all on its own without any need for outside input. The only time when experimentation shows a difference between the outcome predicted in a model is when the model is wrong. If you have a perfect model you will get a perfect result. Achieving a perfect model is nearly impossible for a human, the EC does not have our limitations.

There is no life that does not have Earth Origins. Other worlds have been populated, some for experimentation, others might be filled with exotic life and only 1 person/family living there, or a single continent all to themselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by curtius
what does the machine say about the creation of the universe? what existed prior? perhaps we are part of someone elses super collider experiment.
what does it say about our immediate future on earth?
why not solve that pesky cold fusion problem?
what about time travel?
why not put it to work on some medical cures?

I asked the creation question myself. The universe came into being from nothingness, the physics of it were worked out. It did not start as the universe confined to a tiny dot, it started out as complete nothingness. I don't know the science behind it, but that is how it started.

Who says cold fusion has not been solved a very long time ago?

Time Travel is possible, but you can not go back in time in your own time. When you go back an alternative timeline is constructed.

There are no medical ailments that are not cured, in fact those in the program never get sick, ever, and those at the top do not age I am told.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garmon
This post has already been debunked on page 3.

Please show the debunking then, I must have missed that post and I am trying to respond to everyone.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Why would it surely wipe us all out, you state a fact with no evidence to back it up. It surely could, that does not mean it surely would

I was getting at the point that IMO an intelligent machine capable of virtually anything which had unlocked many of the secrets of the Universe may see its resources better used elsewhere? Other than looking after what it would surely see as just mere animals (us).

That is unless there is some emotional component to the 'EC'? Does it find Humans interesting to interact with? Does it fear a Universe with only itself within it? Does it continue to protect Humanity through some sense of duty to its creators?

As a side point there is no evidence to back any of this up. I'm just speculating.

The more I read the more I see Iain Banks, without the aliens of course.

en.wikipedia.org... An overview of 'The Culture' for anyone who hasn't read the books.

I find it interesting you say the 'EC' manipulates time to allow it to think faster. The 'minds' in the books exist partially in hyperspace to escape the limitations of the speed of light on computing time.
edit on 12/10/2011 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Please show the debunking then, I must have missed that post and I am trying to respond to everyone.

Refer to my post on page 3... What you have: Insane claims backed up by zero evidence that seem at first glance to be nothing more than an amalgam of sci-fi games, movies, and books, rolled into one story.. your story matches exactly what I, and others have posted.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Garmon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

What about the moon ?
area 51 is nothing compare to whats happening there

if you dont know anything about the Moon and/or Mars its okay
your stories are very interesting

hope you can reveal more about the hybrid
Do some Alien look like humans ?

Im also working the night lol

wake up at midnight starting at 2 am
quite a routine lol

Im sure all those info you tell us will release indeed a big chest pression
i would be better telling all my secret before i RIP to
that would be my only regret in the afterlife
very rare that you go back to your body once the energy of the soul have left

So .. Maybe make a new thread telling everything
trust me .. nobody will come after you ..
write from a safe place with a public computer just in case

edit on 10/12/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
do you think that AI you mentioned has achieved what the transhumanist called the technological singularity where the ultraintelligent machine could design even better and smarter machines?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

of interest to me is the generation of scientists and mathematicians who were trained in Europe during the period after WWI. My father was one of these. Absolutely brilliant. He could out calculate a calculator in his head. He worked for the US WWII war effort even though he was born in Germany. He did become citizen in the 1930's. He was invited to work on the bomb, but refused. Later he worked on the US"s first anti-missle program(the nike's). Most of this work was done pre-computer. These guys were very special. Politically naieve, but special. What created this generation? Any thoughts.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Why would it surely wipe us all out, you state a fact with no evidence to back it up. It surely could, that does not mean it surely would

I was getting at the point that IMO an intelligent machine capable of virtually anything which had unlocked many of the secrets of the Universe may see its resources better used elsewhere? Other than looking after what it would surely see as just mere animals (us).

That is unless there is some emotional component to the 'EC'? Does it find Humans interesting to interact with? Does it fear a Universe with only itself within it? Does it continue to protect Humanity through some sense of duty to its creators?

As a side point there is no evidence to back any of this up. I'm just speculating.

en.wikipedia.org... An overview of 'The Culture' for anyone who hasn't read the books.

I find it interesting you say the 'EC' manipulates time to allow it to think faster. The 'minds' in the books exist partially in hyperspace to escape the limitations of the speed of light on computing time.

I think it is pretentious to assume you (or I) can definitively say what an intelligence far greater than our own would surely do. I know I have no idea, and can only make a guess as good as yours.

As to this Ian Banks I have to read his work, when did he start publishing? Maybe he is someone that was granted some insight into the truth, either way I have never heard of him.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Refer to my post on page 3... What you have: Insane claims backed up by zero evidence that seem at first glance to be nothing more than an amalgam of sci-fi games, movies, and books, rolled into one story.. your story matches exactly what I, and others have posted.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Garmon because: (no reason given)

Debunked as far as I am concerned is when something is proven to be false, your belief is not proof, and therefore has not debunked anything. Much like my word is not proof.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

What about the moon ?
area 51 is nothing compare to whats happening there

if you dont know anything about the Moon and/or Mars its okay
your stories are very interesting

hope you can reveal more about the hybrid
Do some Alien look like humans ?

Im also working the night lol

wake up at midnight starting at 2 am
quite a routine lol

Im sure all those info you tell us will release indeed a big chest pression
i would be better telling all my secret before i RIP to
that would be my only regret in the afterlife
very rare that you go back to your body once the energy of the soul have left

So .. Maybe make a new thread telling everything
trust me .. nobody will come after you ..
write from a safe place with a public computer just in case

edit on 10/12/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

I know the moon was a major base of operations that was established during the Apollo missions. It is where the computer truly became self aware and displayed consciousness. Previously there had only been hints. The computer was housed underground on the moon. I have been told that much of the footage shown of astronauts on the moon was faked to hide what was really going on. Some photographs that were fakes were released by accident as the originals and not the ones that been touched up to hide telltale signs. The moon base and Area51 were actually linked from what was described to me, with the computer on the moon talking to the ground through the Area51 facility.

The moon lacked a lot of the resources needed, and Mars was the next destination where the computer expanded. This is where nano-technology was developed and the EC was able to expand on its own without any need for human interference. The moon base was removed and all traces of it were covered using nano-technology.

Hybrids can really come in almost any flavor you can dream up. Originally they were seen as a way of making the human race "better". With nano-saturation there's no need though, and there was a feeling that hybrids would ruin the pure human gene pool. Many of the more intelligent hybrids were destroyed. Only one super intelligent species remains and is used to communicate with the CC's. Most hybrids are created to be servants and are a mix of human and animal DNA, or sex slaves I suppose is the best term. People like me many times have one of a favorite actor/actress or someone we believe is extremely hot. There are some very .. exotic ones though. Some I have heard about I find outright repulsive. There are no life forms discovered that do not have Earth Origins, although there is still quite a bit of space out there.

There is no hiding, there is no such thing as a public computer, every keystroke is recorded and logged, there is no way around it.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by curtius

of interest to me is the generation of scientists and mathematicians who were trained in Europe during the period after WWI. My father was one of these. Absolutely brilliant. He could out calculate a calculator in his head. He worked for the US WWII war effort even though he was born in Germany. He did become citizen in the 1930's. He was invited to work on the bomb, but refused. Later he worked on the US"s first anti-missle program(the nike's). Most of this work was done pre-computer. These guys were very special. Politically naieve, but special. What created this generation? Any thoughts.

As I have stated I am only in my 30's so I was not alive. I believe that they achieved what they did because they had to. When you can rely on a calculator you will, when you can not you will utilize your brain in ways that you otherwise would not have to compensate. Our wiring starts at an early age, I believe our technological breakthroughs allow us to be lazier and let something/one else do the work for us removing the wiring from occuring. Just a guess. If your father had a calculator doing his work for him all his life and then suddenly had to work without one would he still have been able to do it as fast? My guess is no.
edit on 16-10-2011 by StrangerThanFiction39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Well, your fabrications are beginning to fray on the edges. You're tipping your hand too early, with these sorts of claims, since they are demonstrably false, and the historic record of the NASA space program refutes everything you say about Apollo and the Moon:

I know the moon was a major base of operations that was established during the Apollo missions.

No, this has a science fiction story potential, though.

The computer was housed underground on the moon.

How "convenient". I presume, so you can reply back to detractors who ask, "Why can't we see it?"
Of course, excavating some sort of underground facility on the Moon, in total secrecy, in the late 1960s - early 1970s? Sure....see the science fiction potential, again.

I have been told that much of the footage shown of astronauts on the moon was faked to hide what was really going on. Some photographs that were fakes were released by accident as the originals and not the ones that been touched up to hide telltale signs.

Unmitigated rubbish.

Many of us have studied Apollo in-depth for years. There is absolutely NO evidence of any such occurrences.

As a refresher, let's review an earlier response re: the Moon:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, the Apollo 1 tragedy on the launchpad was not faked ( you wrote "fire" in quotes.... :shk: ).

THAT accident was studied thoroughly, and if you had done your homework, you would have known that, and much, much more, so you would not damage your credibility this way.

Fun fiction, though.

(Many others spotted how this tale may have been *influenced* from the fiction writing of others' works, back on pages one and two, so might want to be careful how you spin it along.....)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I think it is pretentious to assume you (or I) can definitively say what an intelligence far greater than our own would surely do. I know I have no idea, and can only make a guess as good as yours.

As to this Ian Banks I have to read his work, when did he start publishing? Maybe he is someone that was granted some insight into the truth, either way I have never heard of him.

Iain Banks' first 'Culture' novel (Consider Phlebas) was first published in 1987. He's still writing for the series right up to present day. I don't think he has any inside information, in fact he's gone on record saying he just makes it all up as he goes along.

He has a good imagination, but He's really just a normal Scottish man making himself a few quid doing what He likes.

Does the 'EC' only communicate through these super intelligent hybrids you speak of? Or does it communicate directly to Humans?

Are the 'EC' and its 'CC's' the only machines with consciousness or are there lower levels of machine granted consciousness in order for them to carry out their tasks?

Is the 'EC' esentially just a self replicating machine spreading out across the Galaxy? Using its nano technology to make more of itself. Like a 'grey goo' scenario on a large scale? Its base instinct only to get bigger and bigger?
edit on 16/10/2011 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
So Stranger.....39.
You have stated more than once the your real job is, "I do cognitive behavioral management to determine which hybrids are viable companions/workers."

So here is my question...Why would you be transported to another place that is a planet, engineered space craft that is populated with hybrids. You have stated that these places are built / controlled by their own respected EC of which reports to the CC. If the EC and CC are just so smart, like the Type III you spoke of, you would not be needed at all. I think the EC or CC could just tell us which would be viable companion/workers.

You are not needed!!!

See book...... Moving Mars. I read this one many years ago while underway. This story reminds me of it.
edit on 16-10-2011 by subcsailor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Some photographs that were fakes were released by accident as the originals and not the ones that been touched up

I really, really want to think you are full of snip, but there is just something about your posts. Either you are the real deal, or a hell of a creative writer. Ive tracked the timing of your replies, and they are spot on in my mind for being truth.

That being said, can you provide specific examples of the txt I quoted above with the moon photos?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Iain Banks' first 'Culture' novel (Consider Phlebas) was first published in 1987. He's still writing for the series right up to present day. I don't think he has any inside information, in fact he's gone on record saying he just makes it all up as he goes along.

He has a good imagination, but He's really just a normal Scottish man making himself a few quid doing what He likes.

Does the 'EC' only communicate through these super intelligent hybrids you speak of? Or does it communicate directly to Humans?

Are the 'EC' and its 'CC's' the only machines with consciousness or are there lower levels of machine granted consciousness in order for them to carry out their tasks?

Is the 'EC' esentially just a self replicating machine spreading out across the Galaxy? Using its nano technology to make more of itself. Like a 'grey goo' scenario on a large scale? Its base instinct only to get bigger and bigger?
edit on 16/10/2011 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

So by you justsaying "no", that means hes wrong? You state the "historical record of NASA", yet we all know that if history can be molded to fit an agenda, so can nasas "historical record".

Listen, im not saying that 39 is the real deal, Im just saying thay you have to do better than just saying "no".

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Where did I quote the historical record of NASA?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join