It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

StrangerThanFiction39, will u please post info about Area 51?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangerThanFiction39

Originally posted by Grifter81

Originally posted by Grifter81
The above statement is true if nothing else is! Your story is always going to be impossible to swallow without a leap of faith on behalf of the reader. People accept fiction readily because they know it's a flight of fancy. Tall stories told as fact will always have a hard time being accepted.

None of the technologies you have listed in the whole thread from the 'EC' downward are what I would call unimaginable. Is there any technology you have experienced which came from the 'EC' which would look like magic to my eyes? Something so advanced that I simply could not comprehend it? If so could you describe it and its uses?

I'm assuming you could understand such technology what with being part of the program etc.

P.S. Hardtostarboards post about pots and kettles wasn't racist. Have you never heard the phrase The Pot Calling The Kettle Black? Pots and kettles on stoves are invariably black after years of use. For the pot to call the kettle black would mean the pot was guilty of the very thing it was accusing the kettle of.

I would have thought someone of your standing as a psychiatrist, with all that training, would have come across that phrase before.

Or have you just betrayed your age/lack of training?

edit on 4/11/2011 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

First, you misread my comment. Look again. I said racism had as much to do with his post (meaning his use of the word black was clearly not racist) as my post in that other thread had to do with this one, that is to say, nothing whatsoever. Not to be talking up myself, but sometimes my intelligence makes things go over other peoples heads.

I am not actually part of the program and only have limited access to nano-technology. Everything is integrated and is able to be controlled with your mind. After a while it becomes almost reflex like, instinctual. If I am thirsy I will reach out without even thinking about it and a cup will form out of wherever I am reaching (walls, tables) filled with water. This sometimes causes problems and makes me look a bit silly when I come home from extended stays offworld. Lighting, everything is controlled with thought (even subconscious thoughts), for instance your mood might alter your surroundings unless you actively control it.

I didn't misread anything. You said: "I'm not black, are you racist? Bringing in racism has about as much to do with this thread as what you linked". You asked him if he was racist, and then implied he was bringing racism into the thread. I replied because he wasn't and you had misunderstood the phrase he used.

I don't think it went over my head, it seems pretty plain to me.

Active control of your surroundings through thought combined with nanotechnology is not out of the realms of possibility. The glass of water from the wall is interesting though. Do the nano machines build the water molecule by molecule? When you drink the water are you ingesting the nano machines as well or are you already infused with them anyway?

Tell me, has the 'EC' perfected teleportation? If so what method does it use? Does it break down a thing/individual into its constituent atoms and transport them to their destination and recombine them, therefore preserving the original. Or does it copy the structure/make up of the subject and then make a new one at the required destination and destroy the original? Kind of like a glorified fax machine.

The latter would allow for near instantaneous travel between points but may be an unsavoury method of travel for humans as they would not be the same person on arrival but a carbon copy.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HardToStarboard

To sum it up: if the OP can provide some sort of documentation or validation to reinforce his claims - then perhaps there is room for discussion. However, claims on their own cannot be taken for granted. Personally, I'm not going to pay too much attention to this story until they do.

On the other hand, you guys have challenged him - there's no need to waste bandwidth repeating the same questions and statements.

And it would also be nice if you would be more economic with your use of the quote function. It's not necessary to post hundreds of quotes and huge blocks of text.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

I'm not trying to push anything, someone asked I answered. Perhaps the fact there was nothing there was the reason they had to come up with an excuse to be in the area, which is what I stated.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I actually am a fan of SG-1, I think this was already brought up. There is a similarity, but I liken it to someone saying the story of a shark is made up because the person saw a minnow. Really not the same thing as what I have stated.

That's a good question, I don't even know what is in store for me let alone all of humanity. I suspect for the time being we will continue down the path we have been treading on. If we ever become a threat .. I don't know.

There is no communication I am aware of between the EC and Earth society. I am low man on the totem pole, but everything I know suggests this would not be the case. They no longer consider themselves one of us, or rather do not consider us one of them.

The EC can find no definitive evidence that suggests there must be a God, but also has not been able to say it is impossible. Scientifically speaking the universe was created from nothing, I don't know the science behind it, but assume it to be true.

I don't know if just anything can achieve consciousness, I suppose it's all in the way the connections are made, not my area of expertise. I do know that they fear competition, and an AI built on Earth could become that competition, like a wound allowed to fester. You have to treat it right away to prevent problems later on.

Imagine two extremely powerful AI's with resources beyond our comprehension fighting for supremacy. That would be a war we definitely do not want.
edit on 27-11-2011 by StrangerThanFiction39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

Oh, I simply want a straightforward yes or no answer and he seems to be afraid to do that for some reason. I think we all know the reason.

And I need to cater to your desires because? I answered your questions, you didn't get what you wanted, I'm sorry that is life.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

I think you believe I am privy to information I am not. I have an understanding of what goes on, not the specifics. Like you may know there are military operations underway in the middle east, but you could not give me specifics on much of those operations. Perhaps the rings were initially natural, and were converted into a specific purpose? The size you mentioned is only immense by our standards on Earth, that is actually fairly small.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Sorry for the delay as well, holidays usually means scheduling changes as people are taking time off. I am also going on vacation next week, I will try to get on a few more times before then, starting next Saturday I will be gone for a week.

Earthbound vacation. I have a newfound love of travel and sightseeing, still much Earth has to offer me.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

Oh, I simply want a straightforward yes or no answer and he seems to be afraid to do that for some reason. I think we all know the reason.

And I need to cater to your desires because? I answered your questions, you didn't get what you wanted, I'm sorry that is life.

No, you're exactly right; I didn't get what I wanted (which was a simple, reasonable yes or no answer). So, you've implied that you're a physician. Let's set up a chat session here on ATS. I'll ask you 4 or 5 very simple questions that a physician would know (but a lay-person wouldn't nor would they have time to sufficiently google or Wiki an answer). You would need to answer instantly (no 10 minute lags). Again, these questions would be simple for an actual physician (let's say 3 technical questions and 2 pragmatic ones dealing with residency process or boards minutiae).

Either you're a physician as you've implied and have no problem with that or you reply with something like, "I NEVER said I was a physician; you only read what you wanted to!" You asked for a flaw in your story. I believe I found one. I think you're not a psychiatrist (as you implied by answering the question specifically regarding "the match"). Your entire story is badly written fiction and there's nothing there worth addressing, but this flaw is easily flushed out.

If you're telling the truth then you'll gain a lot of credibility and I'll offer you a public apology. One quick chat session - PM me with a time that works for you.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Anything new?
Any technological advancements in the last few months?
What are the CHOSEN ONES, up to these days?

Just bored, and wondering

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join