It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Update: falling satellite could impact eastern U.S.

page: 6
22
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Central Florida here...just inland a tad from Kennedy, so between yourself and getreadyalready, we have Fl covered.




posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


You should see it shortly.

Go to Heavens Above and put in your location and you should have a pass heading near Florida shortly.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It hurts my heart to see so many insulting jokes,it looks like this falling enemy may take out someone or something,hardly a laughing matter.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
How long for one entire orbit of the planet?
or basically in dumb speak, how long does it take to get from one line on the map to the next?



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker
 


It completes an orbit every 89 minutes.

It's now over northern Mexico, entering southern Texas.
Altitude: 156 km (97 mi)

See that? It moves quite a distance in the time it takes to post. Now, it's heading for the Great Lakes.
edit on 23-9-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
It hurts my heart to see so many insulting jokes,it looks like this falling enemy may take out someone or something,hardly a laughing matter.


Insulting jokes? It's all in good fun besides, the ones (mostly me) who are doing the joking live right under this babys' path. So please. I think there's enough anxiety and it's been expressed on many other threads.

You're welcome to share your feelings but please devoid the judgment.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by yourmaker
 


It completes an orbit every 89 minutes.

It's now over northern Mexico, entering southern Texas.
Altitude: 156 km (97 mi)

See that? It moves quite a distance in the time it takes to post. Now, it's heading for the Great Lakes.
edit on 23-9-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)



Is it the same course all the time? I haven't really been paying attention to detail.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Your alpha male agression will not wash with me my dear.

If this skyscrapper sized object kills a village of people it will be a nightmare.Anyway you all have your fun I'm leaving this thread.....



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime
 

82 minutes.
Very low orbit = very fast orbit.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


It's moving to the west with each orbit. The last pass was off the East Coast. This one was up through the middle of the States.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime
 

No.
The Earth is moving to the East.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So when is it going to hit? Any minute now?


Why do I read Phage's posts in the voice of Jon Lithgow?



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


It was 89 minutes the last time I checked.
Things change too fast.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0
 

A few hours yet.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
How long for one entire orbit of the planet?
or basically in dumb speak, how long does it take to get from one line on the map to the next?




I love when I have company in English diction!!!


One line? Which one. The one that goes Latitude or....hmmm this will be difficult. Ah hell, I give up....or the other way?



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


Yes, yes it is. But, motion is relative. Looking at a stationary map, the orbit moves to the west.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

V = sqrt ( g0 * Re^2 / (Re + h) )

where V is the velocity for a circular orbit, g0 is the surface gravitational constant of the Earth (32.2 ft/sec^2), Re is the mean Earth radius (3963 miles), and h is the height of the orbit in miles. If the rocket was launched from the Moon or Mars, the rocket would require a different orbital velocity because of the different planetary radius and gravitational constant. For a 100 mile high orbit around the Earth, the orbital velocity is 17,478 mph.
microgravity.grc.nasa.gov...


"g0 is the surface gravitational constant"

hey guess what else aint Constant,,,,lol

Take that,,

Albert Einstien.

lol


edit on 23/9/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags and link to external content



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Phage
 


It was 89 minutes the last time I checked.
Things change too fast.


They're doing something over at CERN. Probably messed with time.

It could've sworn it was just Monday yesterday.
We are living in real-time Twilight Zone times for sure!



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

V = sqrt ( g0 * Re^2 / (Re + h) )

where V is the velocity for a circular orbit, g0 is the surface gravitational constant of the Earth (32.2 ft/sec^2), Re is the mean Earth radius (3963 miles), and h is the height of the orbit in miles. If the rocket was launched from the Moon or Mars, the rocket would require a different orbital velocity because of the different planetary radius and gravitational constant. For a 100 mile high orbit around the Earth, the orbital velocity is 17,478 mph.

microgravity.grc.nasa.gov...


"g0 is the surface gravitational constant"

hey guess what else aint Constant,,,,lol

Take that,,

Albert Einstien.

lol




I KNEW this had a lot of g-force. Phage.....you owe me an apology (from my other thread) big time!!!
edit on 23/9/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags and a link to external content



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0



Why do I read Phage's posts in the voice of Jon Lithgow?




you too huh?




top topics



 
22
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join