It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: falling satellite could impact eastern U.S.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Contact Emmanuel Grolleau

Real time satellite ground tracks : ENVISAT

alt. 137.66km

aprox~ 15 hours ago,
altitude was

172 km.

so ya it's still in Orbit,,

(see hoax picture from , ATS thread. was a superman movie picture,and video from Okatoka, now declared ahoax, as well.)

Contact Emmanuel Grolleau so that he can remove his SIM, OR AT LEAST,,verify
thats it's still tracking,,go too the source,,right?

Contact Emmanuel Grolleau,,please.,,paging,,Emmanuel Grolleau,,is there a

Emmanuel Grolleau,,or is he a hoax ,,as well.

Grolleau or Grolleau Noir is a red French wine grape.
Immanuel or Emmanuel or Imanu'el (Hebrew עִמָּנוּאֵל "God [is] with us"

seriously?????

ok,,

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So this satellite didn't come down yet?

Kinda surprised, it's been over 24 hours now since I first heard about it..

Dead satellite likely fell into Pacific Ocean--maybe

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

It came down late last night over the north Pacific, off the US West Coast.
NASA - UARS

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

OK.. so why are there conflicting stories then? The link I just put up on my previous post was from a google search and the information was said to be posted no later than 30 minutes ago... ???

Edit:

Your link from Nasa is talking about re-entry.. I'm asking if it actually hit Earth or fell into an ocean yet (came down).

edit on 24-9-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

And another Edit:

Strange now google is showing this:

NASA Says Satellite Debris Fell in Pacific

Kinda interesting watching how the media responds to this sort of thing

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The "Maybe" in that article is referring to the location of the debris field, not to whether or not UARS has re-entered. It did, and it's most likely location was over the Pacific, according to JSpOC, the agency that's actually been tracking the satellite for 20 years.

ETA: any debris would have made it to the surface not long after the satellite re-entered... probably within minutes.
There have been reports on YouTube and whatnot of debris, but these, so far, are all hoaxes. It's quite possible that all of it fell in the ocean.
edit on 24-9-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
visual confirmation

Satelite Fragments

Posted by: jen ball // September 23, 2011

Nepean, Ontario // Shot: September 23, 2011

Satelite fragments falling from the sky.

yea " jen ball " of " Nepean, Ontario "

"Shot: September 23, 2011"

yea sept. 23,,

im excited,,
project shortbus
is back in business.

opps
www.theweathernetwork.com...

nice shot,,

edit on 24-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think everyone already realizes it re-entered Earth's atmosphere, people are now wondering where, and / or if it actually hit. Obviously the debris can be spread out over hundreds of miles.. it's just funny how there are conflicting reports going on, and things like "It landed in the pacific - maybe".. Hopefully NASA knows where it hit(s). All I, or anyone else, can go by is what we're told.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

are you being sarcastic with the "short bus" reference..?

that photo was taken in the daytime...

Fail

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I'm pretty sure he WAS being sarcastic, that photo - taken in the daytime - could be anything, hell it could even be HAARP - there's enough posts on these forums about that on here :: cough ::

Why is it that every time anyone THINKS about anything on here, all that happens is people "trolling" each other on and on and on. Wasn't the point of ATS to "defy ignorance"? At least that's what I thought it was back when I signed up. But I'm done ranting, if you guys wanna continue on and on for 100 more pages, more power to ya.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So where did it crash then?

Jay

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
NOOOOOHOOOOO (non-event)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
So tired of the excessive fear mongering on ATS. Every little thing is amped way up... This site is hypocritical to ever bash MSM for fear mongering... ATS beats them all combined.

You know what? It's super easy for people like you to play arm-chair psychologists now that the 'event' is over but let me tell you....when there's the potential of 6 tons of metal landing on YOU.....and experts not knowing where it would 'crash'.....people will start threads......banter back and forth.....look for reassurance (because god knows NASA wasn't doing so last night)...... toss about one or two jokes and get through it.

You don't like it? What are you even doing on here now? You think because you sounded off the world will adapt to your standards?

I just don't get why people who can't join a thread (with a common interest) feel the need to attack it.
(yeah sure, unity is right around the corner in 2012?)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
HEADS-UP!
California,,,

i think it's still tracking,,

so next 5 too 20 minutes,,
if sky is clear,,
u will see it.

present alt.

131 km

and dropping.

now
133 km

and climbing,,

eta California,/New Mexico,,
now,,,,,,,,

Tucson,,Hermisilo,,,,??

134 km (~100 miles)
and climbing

HEADS-UP!
California,,,/Kansas

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

It already happened....RSOE reported a Event into space in Sacramento last night....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
How Could NASA Lose A 6.5-Ton Satellite?

And cuz everyone "loves" Fox News on here...

It started off on the eastern coast of Africa before going over the Indian Ocean, up the Pacific over Canada, over the northern Atlantic and then down western Africa before ending in the Indian Ocean again, Johnson said.

The final resting place of the 20-year-old satellite's remains could stay shrouded in mystery.

"We may never know," Johnson said, noting that Nasa relies on the public as well as aviation and naval personnel to report evidence of satellite debris.

The satellite was expected to break into 26 pieces as it plummeted toward Earth, with surviving parts including titanium fuel tanks, beryllium housing and stainless steel batteries and wheel rims.

Source:
Satellite Hits Pacific

Oh, and it did NOT crash in Alberta, Canada:

Salazar was the source of the social-media hoax on Friday night that claimed a NASA satellite that had been falling to earth had crashed into a farmer’s field near Okotoks, Alta., about 40 kilometres south of Calgary.

Less than subtle hints that Salazar was pulling a fast one could have been noted by his Twitter account — @imnotgonnalie2u and profile picture of a winking face.

“I didn’t say it was a spoof but I made it pretty obvious,” he said.

However, many didn’t clue in to the joke.

Source:
Meet The Man Behind The Alberta Falling-Satellite Hoax

So.. it came down somewhere, but nobody really knows for sure - probably in the Pacific -- or Indian Ocean -- somewhere. Either that or they do know and just don't want someone else getting their hands on it - makes sense.

Also, I have not quoted anything from Fox News above, but have made some references to it here now that I've read the entire article for myself. Personally to me it's very interesting how they went into some details into the actual "Space Surveillance Network", talking about ground based radars and optical sensors at 25 sites worldwide; "sometimes the spacecraft may not be passing over any of them" -- makes a lot more sense.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The official story is that it crashed in the Pacific around midnight, Friday night. However, I'm really wondering if instead, it didn't come down near Buenos Aires, as there is a town near there, that apparently had a few people killed from what was described as a ball of fire falling from the sky.

So far, the story mainly seems to be with Spanish-language media outlets. There's a thread or two on it in the Breaking News forum. The timing certainly seems to be more than just a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yea.. I guess the real problem with saying where it came down at is the fact that it breaks apart into smaller pieces; debris from it could be all over the Earth.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Time2Think because: typos.. yawn

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Holy smokes - I was deferred to this post from another on similar blinking lights and sightings in the sky. I have noticed red and green strobe flashes in the eastern sky since late September. They were odd because there was no predictable or identifiable flight path generally consistent with an airliner. I thought these flashes were strange and noticed them at the same point in the sky for several nights but gave no further thought to the flashes until I came across the thread on the blnking lights and now this description.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

See the thing is when the satellite reaches thick enough atmosphere to break it apart that thicker air also slows its progression and eventually the fragments left fall virtually straight down none bigger than maybe a couple hundred pounds and moving at terminal velocity, mostly about 100 mph. So no the debris field wouldn't scatter around the world at most a few hundred miles apart.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I think this is all a false flag.

I like this one better.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join