It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Update: falling satellite could impact eastern U.S.

page: 5
22
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe
 


Thanks, you are right, I got it up on the google one.




posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Its orbit is tilted significantly, so it looks like a sinusoid on the map. It went up the East Coast (as in, followed it, from Florida to Newfoundland), then went south of Iceland, and started coming down around England. Then, it goes down toward Australia, and swings around and comes up through the Pacific, where the orbit starts again.
Every 89 minutes.
Until it hits something, that is.



Like turbulence or a house?

Good word: sinusoid. But I didn't like math either so I forgot about that too!



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Like turbulence or a house?


Or a cow. Milk and hamburger are almost never free.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime
 


Sure would be nice if they could give us some details like altitude, or rate of decent.
Don't you think NASA has this info?



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Like turbulence or a house?


Or a cow. Milk and hamburger are almost never free.



So will that be considered like road-kill only space-kill?

You shouldn't eat meat. Lowers your frequency. Although you seem pretty sharp. You came up with sinusoid after all!

Are you near Shag Harbor by any chance? Huge UFO crash sight back in the 60's or 70's.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop
 


If you take a look at the map on fox news, it has lat, long, alt, spd, but not sure what speed is expressed in.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop
reply to post by CLPrime
 


Sure would be nice if they could give us some details like altitude, or rate of decent.
Don't you think NASA has this info?



I think we should nominate CLPrime UARS announcer. He should give us a play by play up to the minute report on it's whereabouts. And although my link UARSUARS is working fine on my end, I;'m afraid I can only tell you when it's over a body of water because I am geographically challenged.

So how about it CLPrime? Tell the fine people where this baby is about to crash....okay?



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime
 


Funnily enough, a cow got hit when Skylab came down.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


picture of the cow or it didnt happen.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 

It's got at least 3 hours before it re-enters.
Then the window is 4 hours wide.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe
 





All told, 1,200 pounds (544 kilograms) of wreckage is expected to smack down -- the heaviest pieces made of titanium, stainless steel or beryllium.


I can see stainless steel or beryllium being heavy, but not the titanium portion. Titanium is used for its heat resistance. So I don't know how accurate that site may be.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Now I can tell this; UARS is moving in a north by north east direction heading towards central America.. And by the looks of it....it'll continue right over Florida. I should go outside to see if I can see this.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Are you near Shag Harbor by any chance? Huge UFO crash sight back in the 60's or 70's.


Not really. I'm on the coast, but just a bit too north of there to say I'm "near" it.



So how about it CLPrime? Tell the fine people where this baby is about to crash....okay?


I've been serving a similar purpose on Facebook.
Right now, it's in the South Pacific, at an altitude of 161 km (100 mi), and is travelling at 7.81 km/s (4.85 mi/s).

Anyone can see this on most of the trackers out there. I'm watching the one at infosatellites.com (the only one where the server wasn't busy).
edit on 23-9-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Human_Alien
 

It's got at least 3 hours before it re-enters.
Then the window is 4 hours wide.



If it's overhead, will I be able to spot it you think?



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Is it visible to the naked eye yet? I mean is it into the atmosphere far enough to be visible yet, or will that only be the last few fiery minutes? I am in N. Florida, and it looks like it is going over Texas this time around. If it crashed it might be visible, but it looks like about 5 laps from now, it will come straight overhead! That is about 6 hours, so if NASA is correct on their timing of the crash, then I will be directly in the debris zone!



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I finally got into Fox's site so now I can see the deets.
Up until now I could only get GoogleSatTrack up. Great graphics but no specs.
Thanks guys.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime
 




Much appreciated!!!

I think some people still aren't able to launch (get it?) the sites. Servers too busy.

I wonder how popcorn sales did tonight?



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 

If it's less than a couple of hours after sunset, yes.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Is it visible to the naked eye yet? I mean is it into the atmosphere far enough to be visible yet, or will that only be the last few fiery minutes? I am in N. Florida, and it looks like it is going over Texas this time around. If it crashed it might be visible, but it looks like about 5 laps from now, it will come straight overhead! That is about 6 hours, so if NASA is correct on their timing of the crash, then I will be directly in the debris zone!



Can I have your Mod job then? I mean.....hope you make it through okay!


I'm in south east Florida.
Feel very vulnerable. Sorta like hoping the hurricane will turn north at the last minute.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Human_Alien
 

If it's less than a couple of hours after sunset, yes.



It is 9:15 PM. That's a couple of hours, right?
Wait.....is this like, wait a couple of hours after eating to swim?



new topics

top topics



 
22
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join