It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UARS is now officially off track! T-minus impact on earth. Make a guess where it will land!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I put an X on my in-law's house and called Nasa to ask them to to their best to hit it !!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Knowing my luck, it will probably land on my car in sunny California.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
I will guess that it will be hitting a pineapple under the sea
squishing sponge bob to to a nasty pulp.....and causing massive brain damage to patrick!
You know you're wrong, starfish have no brains

I actually think it will hit mainland US, especially since NASA say that it won't.

When does it pass the UK? i can't check the tracker site atm.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In the last few hours there have been posts from people concerned that the tracking sites are failing due to user overload.
This is only going to get worse 24 hours from now when the thing is really due for reentry.

Solution: Calculate the orbital position using software on your own computer, because thats all those "tracking" sites do. They dont have a bunch of radar antennas looking up into the sky. They just run some calculations based on the orbital numbers.
You can do that at home.

I've been using a program called Orbitron, but there are quite a lot of different ones.
The numbers describing the orbit of the satellites are Two Line Elements (TLE's). If your software cant update them automatically, they are available from celestrak

UARS
1 21701U 91063B 11265.34013018 .02956678 11365-4 56620-3 0 6201
2 21701 56.9403 270.9626 0008692 17.4575 342.7829 16.31143830108897

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Maybe it will hit Microsoft headquarters in Seattle and make it go boom. There that will solve the world of bad operating systems, computer problems and bad software hehehe.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Headband7
Hopefully the Jersey Shore haha

Snooky's gravitational pull is mighty indeed.

This is a second line.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
My money is on it hitting the White House!

Well that would explain the whole "Govt happens to be in Colorado" thing.

That would also explain the massive so-called "drill" that is to take place there as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think its going to hit the 9/11 memorial and be blamed on terrorists

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
'They' are tracking UARs for aviation, shipping and commercial interests. Flyingdales in Yorkshire is one such place already keeping a very close eye on the satellite with every pass. Its due 3 more times over the UK throughout the night before orbit takes it outside of Europe until tomorrow afternoon again. Stations in Baikonur and defense systems around the world will also be tracking it, for their own interests.

If this thing lands somewhere like in Iran, Pakistan or India you can bet there'll be some 4x4 jeeps out in those deserts soon after.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hmmm my guess it will hit in Detroit, Michigan as there is nothing there it could actually hurt....The city is trashed already and heck within minutes people would try to move into the wreckage...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sort of hope it's Florida. Florida is so the colon of America. Sort of lower colon upper anus.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The web site for the tracking is not working. I hope as its get closer it will be back up because even if it is not 100% accurate it still may help people feel better that is not hitting them.
edit on 22-9-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'll say somewere in Europe maybe Russia. If it lands in Russia, Russian Feds will take in the satelite into a secret instalation base to study how the American Feds built it and send it back piece by piece to the American Feds.
edit on 22-9-2011 by FollowDMoney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
here is a thought..this is a conspiracy site

think ..'someone' could fire a 'missle' at a target and blame it on satilie debris? of course the 'missle' would have to be some type of low explosive or have an explosive that is not easily recognizable. i would only assume the impact of any possible debris would not look like a missle explosion. and ive read speculation that it will be over africa or the middle east....

..just thinkin'

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
The web site for the tracking is not working. I hope as its get closer it will be back up because even if it is not 100% accurate it still may help people feel better that is not hitting them.
edit on 22-9-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

Like I said a few posts above - you'll be a lot better off running the calculation program on your own computer than getting the predictions from a website.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Ok I will try that I will look back at that post. Is it something that is easy to figure out. I am horrible at math.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hopefully, this object will land in the oval office right in BO's lap. Problems solved.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It says somwhere a possible descent in the south pacific, north of New Guinea.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Charlie Sheen was over heard talking to the Nasa engineers and said that since he was WINNING already, he didn't want the satellite in his backyard.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
Ok I will try that I will look back at that post. Is it something that is easy to figure out. I am horrible at math.

Its ok. The tracking programs, like the websites, give you a map of the world and do the position calculations for you.
Or to put it another way, the websites ARE these tracking programs, but shown to you over a website.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join