It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UARS is now officially off track! T-minus impact on earth. Make a guess where it will land!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I "HOPE" it lands on my car or house when nobody is in it. The way I see it the government will owe me a ton of money for all sorts of neglagence and damages if it does, and would be like winning the lottery.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

The way I see it finders keepers. Sharp edges? are they serious? For that statement alone i'de touch the whole damn thing, have a picnic on the sucker maybe grill a brat on the thing, take pictures and post all over the internet of me pissing on the thing. Ok I wouldn't piss on it but i'de definitely have a picnic on it and take pictures of that. It's the Governments property, ya last time I checked I am the governmenI help pay for it, and if your piece of junk crashes on my property i'm going to touch it and demand compensation.

So There!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
KAMCHATKA

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
by official NASA accounts, to be taken with a grain of salt; it will not be over North America www.nasa.gov... from the link

As of 7 a.m. EDT Sept. 22, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 115 mi by 120 mi (185 km by 195 km). Re-entry is expected sometime during the afternoon of Sept. 23, Eastern Daylight Time. The satellite will not be passing over North America during that time period. It is still too early to predict the time and location of re-entry with any more certainty, but predictions will become more refined in the next 24 to 36 hours.
any takers this is wrong, and it will come down in the USA. just asking

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
by official NASA accounts, to be taken with a grain of salt; it will not be over North America www.nasa.gov... from the link

As of 7 a.m. EDT Sept. 22, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 115 mi by 120 mi (185 km by 195 km). Re-entry is expected sometime during the afternoon of Sept. 23, Eastern Daylight Time. The satellite will not be passing over North America during that time period. It is still too early to predict the time and location of re-entry with any more certainty, but predictions will become more refined in the next 24 to 36 hours.
any takers this is wrong, and it will come down in the USA. just asking

They say it's coming down on the 23rd + or - a day. So, how do they know in that + or - a day it wont come down over America?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

No.
The current estimate is the afternoon of the 23rd, eastern time. The estimate is getting better and will continue to do so.

edit on 9/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and guess either the Vatican or New York. XD

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

It follows a path of yellow lines that go in a squiggly long line kinda of shape. ( If that makes sense) and about 45 minutes ago it started to go east instead of up and down.

Do you work for NASA?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
First - my guess is that it will come down in the North Atlantic about 600 miles to the west of Portugal.

Second - are any of the these 'real-time' tracking websites actually accurate? I would think they simply display the current location based on orbit characteristics and calculated to where it should be in the case of a normal orbit. I don't think these websites have any direct feed from NASA in regards to the exact location. Although it is interesting to see where the satellite is supposed to be, with the unpredictability of orbit decay I don't believe it to be a true representation of actual location.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Washington DC.... not going to say rest....

just a weird prediction....

might see a change in policy makers....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It's going to land in the Bermuda triangle - or on that latitude.

-Collapses-

...The prophet has spoken...
edit on 22-9-2011 by ThinkingCap because: DERP

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
All the drills lately + this satalite = trigger for WW3. I think it will hit the white house or kill some leader in another country

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

I've been trying to find the source of the tracking data but most likely it is using the orbital elements from USSTRATCOM. The TLE sets are updated fairly often but you're right that the applet is not showing real time data.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nyancat

I don't think it's so much a trigger for WW3 as it is for cover story to get a preemptive nuclear strike on Moscow.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hopefully the Jersey Shore haha

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The ET's are going to capture it and land it safely on the grounds at Fenway Park. No more baseball going on there this year anyway!

(spoken by a Sox fan ;-) )

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just a wild guess..

Southern france

Or it will be blown out of the sky, by a UFO

edit on 22-9-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
I hope no one is hurt by this thing.

On the other hand, I bet pieces of UARS will be worth some big bucks on eBay

YEP!!! I was just saying that and if a piece falls here...I'm going to be rich (doing the endzone dance). Woohoo!!!!
My prediction : Florida! (I hope)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Hopefully in LA on top of the kardashians house

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A 6,500 lb satellite falling onto your house could really screw up your week.......haha.......Is NASA going to take full responsibility in the event is damages or kills someone???

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join