It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UARS is now officially off track! T-minus impact on earth. Make a guess where it will land!

page: 52
<< 49  50  51   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Now we all may disagree on the source of information, but that's what makes this site so great.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I believe the majority happened in Oregon which was Wednesday night, and Friday night which happened in Northern California which is basically the same NW coordinates...I will take RSOE credibility over anything else, since it isn't sanctioned by the U.S. Government...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Greece, maybe turkey.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
According to Space.com Canada was a no go (or possible hoax) and it likely splashed down in the Pacific.

Most of the time we do rely heavily on people on the ground," Nick Johnson, chief orbital debris scientist at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, told reporters in a news briefing Saturday (Sept. 24). "UARS, whether it came in during the local day or local night, would have clearly been visible."

Johnson said there were some people along the western coast of North America that were hoping to capture views of the dying satellite. Since the agency did not receive any plausible reports, this would further suggest that UARS did, in fact, splash down in the ocean without ever reaching North America.

"If we continue to have a lack of reports of seeing something that looks like a re-entering UARS, that would give further credence to the fact that its probably over water," Johnson said. "We're going to continue to keep our eyes and ears open and if we receive reports like that we'll try to go verify."

Source: www.space.com...

I was kinda hoping to see some awesome footage of a 300lb chunk of this thing going through someone's roof. While they weren't in the house of course

edit on 25-9-2011 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Have they released more precise splashdown coordinates yet?

I'm a very curious!

st.
edit on 25-9-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

The First Reported-Debris Lands From Satellite UARS In Calgary,Canada YOU TUBE -www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GulfCrusade

The youtube video from Okotoks is not of the satellite. There have been no confirmed reports of satellite debris from anywhere.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by USXpat

Too early yet - but, is there any kind of prize?

heh -

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
www.n2yo.com...
Why is there a red dot right over my house? I mean that dot is "RIGHT OVER MY HOUSE"
What is that red dot. Can someone please, for the love of god, tell me what that red dot is, it is right over my area.

Should I stop doing my 4 ft jigsaw?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
UARS Re-entry Updates

By Justin Ray

Welcome to Spaceflight Now's live coverage page for the Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite. Text updates will appear automatically; there is no need to reload the page. Follow us on Twitter.SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011
NASA's decommissioned 6.3-ton Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite, out of gas and out of control after two decades in space, plunged back into the atmosphere early Saturday, heating up, breaking apart and presumably showering chunks of debris along a 500-mile-long Pacific Ocean impact zone.

Maybe.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So it landed in the sea, guess we got lucky this time... oh but wait there is a german one coming down in october, timing is a little coincidental dont you think

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Check the Breaking News forum. Kind of odd that a) they aren't releasing more details of where the debris came down, and b) that a town near Buenos Aires reported the deaths of a few people after a flaming ball from the sky exploded.....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
My mother in law called....said I had to go over and remove that big X I had put on their house !! Guess my plan failed !! Damn Acme products never work !

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMonk

it'll land in the ocean based on the earth being 2 thirds covered in water and storm systems based over water.peace

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Interesting did you realize or know now that all the data that was given for tracking it was hoax. The LAT LN ALT were just algorithms. At the time I like a lot of people believed that the ALTITUDE was in real-time. Hence so many debates about why it seemed to go up then down. I'm not entirely sure how they calculated its altitude at all as their is no system to know it. Its merely placed in an orbit and that data is then modeled.
I can only use one word for the tracking data of so called "live real time tracking sites " as HOAX. namely the biggest one who's servers were overloaded.
The data maybe real-time - it is not LIVE or real in terms of UARS in free fall.

Im sure NASA knew its ALTITUDE and its where about - But their live tracking site is "in development and closed for business" is that any surprise?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

But their live tracking site is "in development and closed for business" is that any surprise?
reply to post by amazspi

It's like when the expensive cameras that were filming 'The Bombing of The Moon' suddenly FAILED as I and many others watched live! It's so predictable....these wabbit twicks!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I heard from a man today that he heard that they lost radar contact with it while it was still in orbit and in one piece. Now if that is true then how do you lose radar contact with something the size of a Grey Hound Bus? I am starting to wonder is maybe it is still up there. Or maybe no one really does know where it is at. I do not know which one I find more disturbing.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Another satelite is due to reenter earth atmosphere in 1 month, more or less. ROSAT is his name, is a German satelite with 2 tons of weight. the news source is a Portuguese newspaper. the chances of hitting someone is 1 to 2000.

the link is this: www.cmjornal.xl.pt...

Sorry if the link is like this. i´m a new member and i don´t know certain things around here!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Have you seen the YT video of the Columbian man that claims he was abducted and brought onboard with sixteen other passengers from the surrounding area? The entity goes on to tell the "abductee's" that an asteroid will be hitting the earth in the near future somewhere around the Bahama's and Cuba. Have you or anyones else seen this?

top topics

<< 49  50  51   >>

join