It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i the only one who supports Israel

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yes to answer your obviously trolling question.
It only takes a moment of sense to figure it out
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The USS Liberty incident occured in international waters in a region that was mired in conflict during the Six Day War. I believe it was a tragic error in judgement, no more no less. I can understand why the victims and some US officials may have felt otherwise at the time, but based on the manner in which the situation was susbsequently resolved by both governments, I think it is entirely reasonable to conclude that it was an unintentional, unfortunate incident. Besides, Israel had absolutely no logical motivation to intentionally attack an unsuspecting research naval vessel of a strong U.S. ally.

Believe what you will, I'm done with this topic.

en.wikipedia.org...

The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a United States Navy technical research ship, USS Liberty, by Israeli Air Force jet fighter aircraft and Israeli Navy torpedo boats, on June 8, 1967, during the Six-Day War.[2] The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members (naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and one civilian), wounded 170 crew members, and severely damaged the ship.[3] At the time, the ship was in international waters north of the Sinai Peninsula, about 25.5 nmi (29.3 mi; 47.2 km) northwest from the Egyptian city of Arish.[1][4]

Both the Israeli and U.S. governments conducted inquiries and issued reports that concluded the attack was a mistake due to Israeli confusion about the identity of the USS Liberty.[5] Attack survivors contacted in 2007, by John M. Crewdson for a Chicago Tribune article about the attack, "to a man" rejected Israel's mistaken identity explanation. Also, the Tribune article said that most senior U.S. government officials, involved with the incident, did not believe that the attack was a mistake.[6] The attack remains "the only maritime incident in U.S. history where [U.S.] military forces were killed that was never investigated by the [U.S.] Congress."[7]

In May 1968, the Israeli government paid US$3,323,500 as full payment to the families of the 34 men killed in the attack. In March 1969, Israel paid a further $3,566,457 in compensation to the men who had been wounded. On 18 December 1980, it agreed to pay $6 million as settlement for the U.S. claim of $7,644,146 for material damage to the Liberty itself.[8]

edit on 21-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

Garbage and big words will not rectify that deliberate attack on the USS Liberty.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

And guess what? all those nifty neat payments came from the US government.
It must really hurt to pay off someone with the said "someones" own money.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

. Also it is against the law to acquire land by force.

edit on 20-9-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

Tell that to the Native Americans

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju

. Also it is against the law to acquire land by force.

edit on 20-9-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

Tell that to the Native Americans

Ditto here for Native Canadians
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

The Palestinians have just as much right to have their own state as Israel and to think otherwise while actively supporting the formation of a Jewish state by the (at the time) minority of the population is ridiculous. Do I support Israel? To be honest, I could care less about Israel or the Palestinians for that matter. I do care when American tax payers are forced to fund Israel while our own people sleep on the street. I do care when American politians are more concerned over Israel than their own country. And I do care when foreign policy is adopted in the name of protecting Israel instead of America. Israel wants to be seen as a state? Stop using America to fight your wars, protect yourself and stop forcing other people (Palestinians) to live under your tyranical rule.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I would initially say you and anyone who rants on like so is out of there mind but then that would be dismissive. Being dismissive and ignoring someone because they go about the silliest things with no evidence to back it is what starts wars. See where I am going with this? You Be Israel and I will be Palestine

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

So glad to read this. I agree. I have issue with USA being involved. I do believe that Palestine has a right to statehood as much as Israel. I am just fed up with the constant fighting. The Palestinian Authority and Hezbollah are just as guilty as the Israeli government. These nations need to resolve there differences and USA needs to stay out of it. Let them sort out there own issues as they have for thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Everyone has a right to a good life. The Israelis, the Palestinians, everybody. If people would just stop killing one another and accept that their "adversary" has that right, things might change. But when you start to support or favor one group, you automatically start to exclude the other. Maybe we need a global bill of rights for everyone, and then chastise those who don't support it, instead of taking sides. We need to be pro humanity instead of pro nation state.
edit on 21-9-2011 by openminded2011 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

I could make a very long list of reasons I no longer support Israel but at the top of my list is my sincere and serious belief that the Israeli Mossad planted the explosives in the Twin Towers and Building 7. Their treatment of the Palestinians, their role in the Secret Government in the USA...there is a long list and I have not even touched upon the religious list. Yes, you are becoming more alone all the time.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yes you are the only one. Sorry to say but to be honest what does Israel do for the United States?
And that whole area has so many religious conflicts there is bound to be fighting.

I don't want everyone to blame the Palestinians or any other Arab state for the conflicts that happen in that country.
The Israelis are just as guilty for causing problems and attacks in that area.
Israeli troops shoot at Palestinian citizens for almost no reason. The only reason why they shoot at them is because those citizens are of Palestinian blood.

So before we all start crying and feeling sorry for Israel understand that the Israelis aren't saints either.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by Immune
May 1948 Israel was formed to provide a "safe" place for Jewish people to call home within the boundaries of Ancient Israel.. Since being reformed in 1948 it was attacked in 1963 in which it destroyed Egypt, Jordan and Syria in 6 days. Then in 1973 they fought off both Egypt and Syria again and since 1978 they have been under constant terrorist attacks killing many of their men women and children.Every time they strike back at the ones attacking them they are called criminals and promptly judged the bad guys The Israeli people live in constant fear of attacks they are surrounded by countries who refuse to even acknowledge their existence as a state. The Palestinians have blatantly said when they achieve statehood they will throw every Jew out of their borders. Wouldn't everyone love to have a neighbor who openly is disgusted with your existence. As for the West bank and Gaza strip if i was Israel i wouldn't give them to the Palestinians the land was won in the 6 day war which they did not start to the victor goes the spoils if not the turkey needs to give back the land in Cyprus that they won in 1974. Israel is in a real bad place they attack the terrorist attacking them and they are the bad guys,they get attacked and they are still the bad guys keep up the fight Israel and stand firm don't negotiate with the terrorist.

With respect you sound like someone who doesn't know much about the true position of the Israeli's.
Your view is naive and one sided.

Israel could make peace if she desired it. Instead they expand EVERY day.
Benjamin Netanyahu is nothing more than a Nazi, as are his followers.
They have become the beast they were being persecuted by. (Nazi Germany).

The abused becomes the abuser. So true Israel, so true.

It's so obvious to see as well, either Israel makes peace or sooner or later she dies.

edit on 20-9-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

....as could the arabs.

Palestinians have been used as a "stick" to beat israel since there were "palestinians".

Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt? No one would allow their "arab brothers" to come in.

Egypt was so adamant they secured a border to keep the likes of them out.

Cant blame everything on the jews.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
The USS Liberty incident occured in international waters in a region that was mired in conflict during the Six Day War. I believe it was a tragic error in judgement, no more no less. I can understand why the victims and some US officials may have felt otherwise at the time, but based on the manner in which the situation was susbsequently resolved by both governments, I think it is entirely reasonable to conclude that it was an unintentional, unfortunate incident. Besides, Israel had absolutely no logical motivation to intentionally attack an unsuspecting research naval vessel of a strong U.S. ally.

Believe what you will, I'm done with this topic.

en.wikipedia.org...

The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a United States Navy technical research ship, USS Liberty, by Israeli Air Force jet fighter aircraft and Israeli Navy torpedo boats, on June 8, 1967, during the Six-Day War.[2] The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members (naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and one civilian), wounded 170 crew members, and severely damaged the ship.[3] At the time, the ship was in international waters north of the Sinai Peninsula, about 25.5 nmi (29.3 mi; 47.2 km) northwest from the Egyptian city of Arish.[1][4]

Both the Israeli and U.S. governments conducted inquiries and issued reports that concluded the attack was a mistake due to Israeli confusion about the identity of the USS Liberty.[5] Attack survivors contacted in 2007, by John M. Crewdson for a Chicago Tribune article about the attack, "to a man" rejected Israel's mistaken identity explanation. Also, the Tribune article said that most senior U.S. government officials, involved with the incident, did not believe that the attack was a mistake.[6] The attack remains "the only maritime incident in U.S. history where [U.S.] military forces were killed that was never investigated by the [U.S.] Congress."[7]

In May 1968, the Israeli government paid US$3,323,500 as full payment to the families of the 34 men killed in the attack. In March 1969, Israel paid a further $3,566,457 in compensation to the men who had been wounded. On 18 December 1980, it agreed to pay $6 million as settlement for the U.S. claim of $7,644,146 for material damage to the Liberty itself.[8]

edit on 21-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

The attack on the Liberty went on for some 90 minutes, if memory serves..last time I flew a plane(student pilot here, when funds permit) you did need good vision. The liberty was flying an american flag. It was not an error in judgement, it was a deliberate attack on US Forces..

In other words, it was an act of war.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
The most freightening thing in this thread is how many people believe in the Bible's fantasies.

An all-loving God would not have chosen people. If His love was so big, he would not separate his creations into wanted and unwanted people.

So God is once more a fantasy and believing in the Bible is totally illogical. And therefore believing that Israel is God's chosen nation is stupid.

Nah. Remember, God does not love the "flesh".

"For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: -- 1 Peter 1:24 KJV

What do we do with grass?

Have you ever mowed the lawn?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well this thread has been very shall we say heated First off I am not a troll nor a shill,l am not uneducated nor am i a genius the whole reason i started this thread was because i was continually attacked on every forum i posted in in regards to the middle east. I have never nor ever will i bring religion into my backing of Israel (in fear of more hate mongering i will reveal i am actually a follower of Sitchen's) Nor do i support the billions of tax dollars they have received as we have to take care of America first and foremost. I have never imposed my beliefs on anyone all i did was start a thread and presented the truth and i for one will never regret that and quite frankly i have been pleasantly surprise at the backing i had received and not so surprised at the hate i knew when i started this thread i was in for a ride but i wanted to state my side and have done so. oh and also i am not a member of the IDF as has been accused of my backing of Israel is by MY conclusion of the facts your conclusion may be different and i respect that

as for Israel blowing up the twin towers really? have we come to petty made up stories now cause i heard Israel also killed Heath Ledger, what no proof pfffttt its gotta be true oops here is the Heath Ledger proof hahahaha

vodpod.com...
Israel is the Illuminati
we all know
edit on 9/21/2011 by Immune because: forgot link

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyNailer
I still support Israel. We don't abandon our friends and we certainly don't abandon them when it gets hard.

Wait, why are we friends with Israel? They do nothing for the USA, cost us billions in support of their military, billions more in wars we fight because of them, and for what? What have we gained from it?

Israel is a parasitical country. They literally FILL Washington with their lobby groups, and the ADL is practically a terrorist organization in their practice of "defending" Jews.

We need not "friends" like Israel. If they want to forcefully maintain their presence in the middle-east, then it should be at their own cost, not ours. We have our own problems to worry about, such as homelessness and joblessness.

There is not a single damn thing Israel does to support the US in. Nothing. Zero. They cling to us and our government like leeches, siphoning off money to pay the cost of maintaining their country, and giving kickbacks of that very same money to the American politicians who support Israel.
edit on 21-9-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Quote:
I can't help but wonder if you had ever noticed this one.

On another of your statements.

I have an I Q of 165, but I don't see how that makes me better than anyone else.

Rev. 3:9
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

I am not trying to make any judgements. Just asking a question.

Text

They are called imposters, look at temple Mount where a Synagogue is meant to be but is in fact a counterfeit of what God of the Bible stands for, in fact all Mosques when compared to what the Bible teachers is a synagogue of Satan than add the fact how much hate is preached against the west and the Jews in them and how people die in Mosque explosions across the world, very satanic if you had to compare the tone of the religions because the Arabs claim the Jewish and Christian prophets including Jesus as being Muslim. Maybe one day
Then again it is also a prophecy and it concerns some future corruption but God does not judge them he turns them round and keeps them from the hour of testing on the world.

Out of a very small population of Jewish people this is what they have achieved an even Albert Einstein was from a Jewish background maybe not practiced. It is said their IQ go from 170 to 180 and are still some of the best inventors in science, film making, dealing with money and other talents for a group that is so little compared to other majorities.
• Chemistry (31 prize winners, 20% of world total, 27% of US total)
• Economics (28 prize winners, 42% of world total, 55% of US total)
• Literature (13 prize winners, 12% of world total, 27% of US total)
• Peace (9 prize winners, 9% of world total, 10% of US total)4
• Physics (47 prize winners, 25% of world total, 36% of US total)
• Physiology or Medicine (53 prize winners, 27% of world total, 40% of US total)
See also data on "other Nobels":
• Jewish Recipients of the Kyoto Prize (25% of recipients)
• Jewish Recipients of the Wolf Foundation Prize (33% of recipients)
• Jewish Recipients of the US National Medal of Science (38% of recipients)

post by SirMike
You know..I am so inclusive of others' beliefs..unless those beliefs are used to kill innocent human beings. THIS is why I'm not religious..BECAUSE IT'S BULL#. none of the things you cite will ever happen. this is nonsense, which is fine in of itself, but no one should be killed over it. I am sick and tired of religious looneys blocking human progress, and killing people over a #ing fairy tale..not just christianity. ANY religion.

Text

What if human progress is the next spiritual level in which mankind reaches and peoples lack of belief hinders this very next level in which our spirits and soul reaches, our connection with God or the universe?

Originally posted by masterp
reply to post by The time lord

How can you call yourself a logical human being when you admit that the all-loving God loves Jews more than the other people?

Typical Jewish outlook

Text

It’s a typical outlook because people do not realise what is at stake here, it is about bloodlines, and the Jews hold the purest bloodline since Adam, this only part of it. The New Testament does say now through Christ believers are all spiritually related to Abraham. But future Israel and the new Jeruselem is that comes out

Even so the religious outlook is this, Israel is God’s promise to the Jews, it is has been made an example of mankind treatment of the Jews, the scriptures are constant in that and today the situation is the same and each empire or change in history learns from it even if it is every thousand years apart because it is evidence onto itself.

Two the Jews will look after the land and make fields grow and find technological ways unlike before to restore water to the land; I don’t think the so called Palestine’s did much work in land to keep it fertile. Apparently they don’t have the methods or the blessing to turn the land into green, have you seen a Satellite image of Israel and the middle east, all the green is on their side, some call it a blessing from God. The Bible even foretells of it that it would be restored after many years. No one cared for it like the Jews do today, they make it prosper.
It is not just about love it is a promise and birth right, did God love Joseph and Mary more than any other person in Israel at the time same thing but they have their own importance to hold before God's return?

God loves man and because certain people hold the key for man’s salvation and promise he will keep his promise, and like I said if people want to go against these things it’s your decision but you will be backing the wrong side along with the all the ancient empires and rulers who went against God. I am sure Jews do things wrong along the way and God will deal with that his way.

Man caused Israel to happen because man is not worthy of the Jews, today man is not worthy of Israel as a nation and will reject them on an international scale and because of this you will prove Bible prophecy right, it is all predicted.

edit on 21-9-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Timelord, I actually appreciate your posts..you reinforce my absolute opposition to religious dogma. Also, you need a fair amount of help, because if you really believe this stuff, you're quite literally delusional.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
How can you call yourself a logical human being when you admit that the all-loving God loves Jews more than the other people?

Typical Jewish outlook

Text

It’s a typical outlook because people do not realise what is at stake here, it is about bloodlines, and the Jews hold the purest bloodline since Adam, this only part of it. The New Testament does say now through Christ believers are all spiritually related to Abraham. But future Israel and the new Jeruselem is that comes out

Even so the religious outlook is this, Israel is God’s promise to the Jews, it is has been made an example of mankind treatment of the Jews, the scriptures are constant in that and today the situation is the same and each empire or change in history learns from it even if it is every thousand years apart because it is evidence onto itself. Two the Jews will look after the land and make fields grow and find technological ways unlike before to restore water to the land; I don’t think the so called Palestine’s did much work in land to keep it fertile. Apparently they don’t have the methods or the blessing to turn the land into green, have you seen a Satellite image of Israel and the middle east, all the green is on their side, some call it a blessing from God. The Bible even foretells of it that it would be restored after many years. No one cared for it like the Jews do today, they make it prosper.
It is not just about love it is a promise and birth right, did God love Joseph and Mary more than any other person in Israel at the time?
God love man and because certain people hold the key for man’s salvation and promise he will keep his promise, and like I said if people want to go against these things it’s your decision but you will be backing the wrong side along with the all the ancient empires and rulers who went against God. I am sure Jews do things wrong along the way and God will deal with that his way.

Look friend Im sorry to break it too you but nobody has some "special blood" okay?
You sound like a loony over here talking about pure bloodlines. Not all Jews marry other Jews.
And frankly there is no such thing as the chosen ones.
So stop thinking their something special. Every human being regardless of WHAT religion they believe in (And trust me there are over 1000 religions out there) are all the same okay?
I don't care what some book says because there are over thousands of books that say their religion is right and they their religion and their people are the chosen ones blah blah blah!
So please knock that bs off.

edit on 9/21/2011 by Lazrmau5 because: fixed issue

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join