It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i the only one who supports Israel

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but threads like this make me want a lot of people to experience the shoe on the other foot. To be thrown out of their family home, live in a refugee camp, see their families murdered in air strikes, be banned from walking down particular streets, be searched and degraded at every checkpoint, maybe then they'll understand.

How can ANY of you Christians use the word of God to justify supporting a nation that steals and murders. You are so two faced.

You use bible quotes saying God gave them the land - then let God come down and give it to them! What about the other quotes from the bible saying you should love and respect your neighbour? That stealing and murder is wrong? That being a good Christian is about spreading love and hope regardless what religion or race your neighbour is?

Yeah, you forget that quickly don't you. Hypocrits.

This is the birthplace and the land of Jesus. I'm sure he'd be pretty pissed off at you lot using his and his fathers name to support stealing, murder and denying these people as much right to live there as everyone else.

You make a mockery of your own religion. He died for your sins and you continue to support sinning.

I hope he returns and kicks all of your asses.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazrmau5

Again, I am asking: how is it possible for an all-loving God to dicriminate between His creations?

Can somebody that says God's chosen people are the Jews answer that?

or is it that you cannot answer it?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Looking back through history, Jews have to be one of the most persecuted peoples ever. And somehow they have survived all these millennia.

It's no wonder they cling so desperately to their land. The must have a very powerful survival instinct. I personally applaud their tenacity and w drive.

And no, I'm not religious.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
From a religious point of view do you know how many people are going to be saved?
Do you know that from and Islamic point of view they claim Israel as theirs when it is not and how many people have been killed in the name of Islam.

To be honest man's own dictatorships and rules have killed more people in history that all religions put together and in today’s climate you are asking for the anti-Christ to come because that is what you want, mans own rule to rule the world and devil is waiting to take that place until there is level field of play and you guys are falling for it and will let it happen. the Bible is there are a warning, it says how people and nations will gather against Israel, you guys have been predicted long ago. No way should we give up the land of the birth of Christ, no way we should forget the tombs of the prophets that are there today in Israel is a blaspheming against mankind.

It is like science giving up search for life in space, or to stop exploring the stars their hope won't stop either, for them it’s like searching for God even if they don't believe in him but the human soul ask the same questions in different ways.

Why should the Arabs have Jerusalem, it is not their birth right from a Jewish point of view, it is not just a Jewish problem, I am sure I can find videos of Christians, women and gays being hanged and killed in the name of Islam and Islamic law, is that what people want to bring as a law back to the only democracy in the Middle East of Israel? Even if the Middle East levels out to be a Democracy one day I am sure once the decieving forces are at work they will gather as one people for war against Israel again because that is what has been foretold.

If I am delusional so are the rest of 3 billion people fighting over God, this is just propaganda to get the science minded atheists to side with the devil while banning and cursing Biblical scripture in front of God, a shameful act to the heavens themselves, nothing to be proud about.

Psalm 83[a]
A song. A psalm of Asaph.

2 See how your enemies growl,
how your foes rear their heads.
3 With cunning they conspire against your people;
they plot against those you cherish.
4 “Come,” they say, “let us destroy them as a nation,
so that Israel’s name is remembered no more.”

5 With one mind they plot together;
they form an alliance against you—
6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
of Moab and the Hagrites,
7 Byblos, Ammon and Amalek,
Philistia, with the people of Tyre.
8 Even Assyria has joined them
to reinforce Lot’s descendants.

Ezekiel 38
The LORD’s Great Victory Over the Nations

1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of[a] Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him 3 and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5 Persia, Cush[c] and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.
7 “‘Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. 8 After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. 9 You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.

10 “‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. 11 You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. 12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.[d]” 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages[e] will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’
14 “Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it? 15 You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you, all of them riding on horses, a great horde, a mighty army. 16 You will advance against my people.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Here are the predictions of the Bible of the Jewish return to Israel.
www.therefinersfire.org...

Sign #1: The Diaspora

The Bible prophesied the Jewish diaspora. The Nation of Israel would dwell for many years outside of their country and promised land. After this time had elapsed they would return to their ancient possession. The predictions were exact and complete making the nation's return a supernatural happening of our age. A modern miracle. They were dispersed for over 1,900 years. They are there again today.

Hosea 3:4-5 - "For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or idol. Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the LORD and to his blessings in the last days."

Hosea 6:1 - "Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds."

To see the rest of the passage fulfilled, Israel needs only to turn to God. For David to become their king once again, there will be a resurrection from the dead.

Sign #2: The Return

Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Bible passages predict the return of Israel to the land of Palestine. Here are only two.

Ezekiel 20:34 - "I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered -- with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath."

Isaiah 11:11-12 NIV - "In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth."

Sign #3: Buying back the land

The prophet Jeremiah prophesied about 600 years B.C. just as the nation of Judah was being destroyed and the people taken captive into the land of Babylon. He spoke of a day when Jews would once again purchase land within the ancient territory. That is precisely what returning Jews did, starting nearly a century ago - they bought back the land.

Jeremiah 32:44 NIV - "Fields will be bought for silver, and deeds will be signed, sealed and witnessed in the territory of Benjamin, in the villages around Jerusalem, in the towns of Judah and in the towns of the hill country, of the western foothills and of the Negev, because I will restore their fortunes, declares the LORD."

Sign #4: Israel - Reborn in a day

Israel, a nation that had not really existed as a separate nation for nearly 2,500 years, was declared a new sovereign state by an act of the United Nations on May 14, 1948. The nation was born in a day.

Isaiah 66:8 NIV - "Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labour than she gives birth to her children."

Sign #5: The order of the return

The first returning Jews to Palestine came primarily from eastern Arab countries. The next major movement came from the western countries of Europe, especially Germany. Then they came in great numbers from Russia (north) during the end of the 1980's. The last great migrations of Jews returning to Israel came from Ethiopia in the south. This precise order of return was predicted by Isaiah the prophet.

Isaiah 43:5-6,21 - "Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, `Give them up!' and to the south, `Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth..."

"... the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

Psalm 107:2-3 NIV - "Let the redeemed of the LORD say this -- those he redeemed from the hand of the foe, those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south.

Sign #6: A pure language

With the return of the nation, the ancient Hebrew language has been revived and become the official language of the state. Prior to this happening, the Jews spoke an impure form of the language called Yiddish. The return to a pure common language was again predicted by the prophets.

Zephaniah 3:8-10 KJV - "For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent. From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, [even] the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering".

Sign #7: The shekel

After nearly 2,000 years the shekel has been reinstated as the common monetary unit in Israel, again, just as predicted.

Ezekiel 45:12-16 NIV - "The shekel is to consist of twenty gerahs. Twenty shekels plus twenty-five shekels plus fifteen she

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
do people on here not understand that there were 12 tribes of israel!!!! only one was of the judaic persuasion and that was the line of judah that are the chosen ones.....THE REST WERE NOT JEWISH.......the bible says that there will only be 12000 of EACH of the tribes of israel that will go to heaven, which equals out to only 144000 israelites, not just jewish.......YOU ARE DESCENDED FROM ONE OF THE TRIBES OF ISRAEL TOO........i don't know how i can be more clear about this.....YOU ARE JUST AS MUCH ONE OF THE CHOSEN PEOPLE AS THE LINE OF JUDAH!!
edit on 22-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is God's covenant land of the Bible, it is so sacred that outsiders are cursed by it, God made man realise from Europe, Russia and the Middle East in which the Jews were being killed off as a people to extinction that man was wrong and the whole world was rocked by war by this mode of evil thought.

Israel is where Jesus Christ will turn up, he is not turning up for the Arabs and the communist nations he is coming for his sheep his flock who will once again be at the centre of another extinction where this time 2/3rds of the Jews will die which is more than 1/3 of the amount of WW2.

I have given you the quotes from the prophecies but no one listens to them and the ignorant world will be part of Bible prophecy.

The Jews have to defend that land, everyday history is being discoved and proved that they were there before, they will do wrong things along the way but the long term message is for the redemption of mankind.

Why is Zion important:

Psalm 102:16
For the LORD will rebuild Zion and appear in his glory.

Psalm 102:21
So the name of the LORD will be declared in Zion and his praise in Jerusalem

Psalm 110:2
The LORD will extend your mighty scepter from Zion, saying, “Rule in the midst of your enemies!”

Psalm 125:1
A song of ascents. Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.

Psalm 129:5
May all who hate Zion be turned back in shame.

Isaiah 31:4
This is what the LORD says to me: “As a lion growls, a great lion over its prey— and though a whole band of shepherds is called together against it, it is not frightened by their shouts or disturbed by their clamor— so the LORD Almighty will come down to do battle on Mount Zion and on its heights.

Psalm 14:7
Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When the LORD restores his people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

Psalm 50:2
From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth.

Psalm 69:35
for God will save Zion and rebuild the cities of Judah. Then people will settle there and possess it;

Psalm 87:4
“I will record Rahab and Babylon among those who acknowledge me— Philistia too, and Tyre, along with Cush — and will say, ‘This one was born in Zion.’”

Psalm 99:2
Great is the LORD in Zion; he is exalted over all the nations.

Isaiah 59:20
“The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the LORD.

Isaiah 60:14
The children of your oppressors will come bowing before you; all who despise you will bow down at your feet and will call you the City of the LORD, Zion of the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 66:8
Who has ever heard of such things? Who has ever seen things like this? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children.

Joel 2:32
And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, even among the survivors whom the LORD calls.

Joel 3:17
[ Blessings for God’s People ] “Then you will know that I, the LORD your God, dwell in Zion, my holy hill. Jerusalem will be holy; never again will foreigners invade her.

Zechariah 1:17
“Proclaim further: This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘My towns will again overflow with prosperity, and the LORD will again comfort Zion and choose Jerusalem.’”

Zechariah 8:3
This is what the LORD says: “I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the Faithful City, and the mountain of the LORD Almighty will be called the Holy Mountain.”

Zechariah 9:9
[ The Coming of Zion’s King ] Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
(Speaking of Jesus here)

Matthew 21:5
“Say to Daughter Zion, ‘See, your king comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, and on a colt, the foal of a donkey.’”

John 12:15
“Do not be afraid, Daughter Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey’s colt.”

Romans 9:33
As it is written: “See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who believes in him will never be put to shame.”

Romans 11:26
and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

Hebrews 12:22
But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

Revelation 14:1
[ The Lamb and the 144,000 ] Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.

How can Zion or Israel not be important, it just as important for man looking to the stars for signs of life but this is for salvation.
edit on 22-9-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

wow how do i put this....NOOOOOOOOOO......i don know where you got you information from but that is sorely flawed their were 12 tribes of israel...they were all jewish tribes...then they were exiled by assyria and became the lost tribes but it doesnt make them any less jewish...my goshhh

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuancesRkey

wow how do i put this....NOOOOOOOOOO......i don know where you got you information from but that is sorely flawed their were 12 tribes of israel...they were all jewish tribes...then they were exiled by assyria and became the lost tribes but it doesnt make them any less jewish...my goshhh

prove it....

source

The term "Jew" (Heb. Yehudi) can be used differently in different contexts. In its narrowest interpretation it would mean someone from the tribe of Judah (Heb. Yehudah).1 In a broader sense it refers to anyone from the kingdom of Judah,2 which included within it people from the tribe of Benjamin, Levites and Priests as well. A biblical example of this is Moredechai who is called a Jew even though he was from the tribe of Benjamin.3 In an even broader sense, especially in contemporary times, the word Jew has come to mean anyone who is part of the "Children of Israel", also known as Israelites, descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, or "people of the book", as well as converts to Judaism. This probably has to do with the fact that the northern kingdom of Israel with its Ten Tribes were exiled and lost. The remaining Israelites were all from the kingdom of Judah.

The words Jew (Yehudi in Hebrew) and Judaism (Yahadut) come from the name Judah.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

im not sure your point here...you proved what you aked me to prove with your definition of jew..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

ZIONISM kills Christians

American Christians must face the fact that Zionism kills Christians with equal glee as it kills Muslims.

To you, Christians - you see Zionism as an ideology.

Zionism sees you as a target.

Wake up!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Timelord:
"If I am delusional so are the rest of 3 billion people fighting over God". your post was too big to quote..and, out of that post, this was the most important bit. YES, you and every other person on this earth fighting over god is completely delusional. There maybe a higher power, but it certainly doesn't behave the way your bible says it does..why would an entity that creates universes get involved in a land dispute?
why would an entity that created life, intelligent and otherwise, throughout the multiverse, choose jewish people on earth as "chosen? it would do no such thing. honestly, you religious folk are sometimes, terrifying with your ignorance, and complete inability to think critically. not all of you..but some of you...WOW.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NuancesRkey

the point is this,

the word Jew has come to mean anyone who is part of the "Children of Israel"

it has come to mean this through jewish run media and such....of course they want you to think that the line of judah is THE ONLY chosen people......

and the other point is this,

it would mean someone from the tribe of Judah (Heb. Yehudah).1 In a broader sense it refers to anyone from the kingdom of Judah

they are only from the line of JUDAH, none of the other israelites are from the line of JUDAH...do you understand that? therefore, the rest of the israelites are not JUDAIC.... not hard to understand really....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
"Chosen People"

Anyone who honestly believes this is a major part of the problem.

Also, if you do believe in that, get some help for your mental condition.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dutton

The elements came from the furnace of the earth. If there is no creator then how is it that there is no water or air on the other planets . You are shooting from the hip and have no gun .Again answer the question and don't come at me with another lame theory of abiogenesis . If you are talking about the main ingredient of sugar or carbon , I would imagine carbon is everywhere .

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
reply to post by Lazrmau5

Again, I am asking: how is it possible for an all-loving God to dicriminate between His creations?

Can somebody that says God's chosen people are the Jews answer that?

or is it that you cannot answer it?

Yes for sure the Jews are CHOSEN PEOPLE . That might make you a little jealous to start with , but when you think that JUDAS was chosen to fulfill the plan of God things may start to come into focus . Now with Jews that are mostly called Ashkenazi Jews controlling the whole worlds banking system and more quickly than ever bringing us into a One World Government and money system and bringing us to the Great Tribulation , the Jews will suffer the worlds condemnation and wrath . Maybe you would like some of that .That very thing will probably make the world turn against helping Israel during the Gog Magog war that is soon to happen .Still jealous ?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

May 1948 Israel was formed to provide a "safe" place for Jewish people to call home within the boundaries of Ancient Israel...

...which belonged to Egypt before that. So if your argument is that Israelites once lived there, then Egypt should technically get it. If you don't want to distribute the land based on who had it first (after all, Egypt was first, and we don't want that, right?), then the Israelites would still have to compete with the Babylonians, the Romans, Byzantines, and a ton of other cultures.

Anyway...

When Israel was formed with support of the international community, and the UN recognised Israel as a full member, that land was basically taken from a non-Jewish majority population. Those very same people now ask for the same right Israel got back in the day...I'd call that only fair. It's the ethical thing to do, and quite frankly, the US vetoing this just goes to show how incredibly strong the Israeli lobby really is. Most US politicians (including Obama) are pretty much Israeli sock puppets when it comes to their stance on Palestine.

Just for the record, I'm talking about politics here...not the people.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

the point is this,

the word Jew has come to mean anyone who is part of the "Children of Israel"

it has come to mean this through jewish run media and such....of course they want you to think that the line of judah is THE ONLY chosen people......

and the other point is this,

it would mean someone from the tribe of Judah (Heb. Yehudah).1 In a broader sense it refers to anyone from the kingdom of Judah

they are only from the line of JUDAH, none of the other israelites are from the line of JUDAH...do you understand that? therefore, the rest of the israelites are not JUDAIC.... not hard to understand really....

im not saying it is impossible to have an argument against israel..there are many perfectly sane and logical ones here....howver your is not one of them....you are literally spewing spoonfed hate...your saying only those from the line of judah are actually...jews...but um no...those from judah happened to have jewish kings...but all the rest of the 12 tribes are jews as well ...im not so sure why your bent on making this your argument...you can manipulate alot of things but you cant ignore facts and you cant ignore history....and to say that because judaism means jewish people therefore only jewish people are from the line of judah is just ridiculous

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss
"Chosen People"

Anyone who honestly believes this is a major part of the problem.

Also, if you do believe in that, get some help for your mental condition.

"chosen people" do you know what this is like...its like when you call someone annoying....it seems so harsh and huge and all encompassing, but when you break it down, really it means they need to tone down their personality and would be great in lower doses...similarly..people freak out because the jews are referred to as the chosen people...they are chosen...TO HAVE SO MUCH RESPONSIBILITY there are over 613 deeds they must do....everything from going to the bathroom, too eating, to seeing lightning, to even sleeping, has either a ritual or a blessing..they dont get to eat cheeseburgers or watch saturday morning cartoons....all the while they get to be hated by alot of people....and dont think this is wah wah wah everyone hates us argument...this is FACT you cannot ignore fact....so the jewish people are chosen to have this huge responsibility and this difficult yet meaningful life....non jews are only obligated to do the seven noahide laws...so non jews can fulfil their role in this world which much less hardship...they are not "chosen" for this life...but do they even want to be?
edit on 22-9-2011 by NuancesRkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

They are chosen because they WANT to be, because they believe in scripture. It's not as if a god is forcing them, it's THEIR CHOICE. You make it sound as if we should pity them for their belief.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join