It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is exploding!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
What i find funny... Most of you are the same people complaining about Obama, our credit downgrade and our current situation..

Ron Paul wanted us to full default, that means downgrades by all creditors.. So you hate Obama for getting us downgraded by 1, love Ron Paul because he would get us downgraded by them all, and pretend this is logic? Most of you are all antinuke, RP wants to let Iran have nuclear production.. And this is logic?
Another day in the twilight zone if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Nice video, glad you posted, and you did get S+F from me.

Tonight, I was at work and my good friend Michael came in. Michael is not his real name. No cloak and dagger here, Michael is Serbian and says his name is too difficult, "Call me Michael.' Michael is nearly 7 feet tall, and very smart. He was a construction contractor in Chicago and married a lawyer from Lake Forest IL;

www.cityoflakeforest.com...

One of the richer areas of surrounding Chicago, for those who do not know Chicago.

Michael came in and we were talking as we always did, when he asked if I had been following the Presidential campaign. Well, when Jesse Ventura announced that he would be willing to run as VP with Ron Paul, I nearly... Well, T&C forbid me from elaborating so I will let your imaginations take over from here. Anyway I got carried away before I considered the difficulties of having Jesse on the ticket, and started mentioning it at work, to certain people.

Seems I was overheard and one day the owner called me into the office and gave me an official warning although he covered his political focus by sighting an anonymous letter saying I had been rude. The word Politics was only mentioned once and softly, as if to lose it in the talk of rudeness. The message was clear.

Michael, however, had brought it up, it was late, and no one else was around. Ron Paul, I said and gave the thumbs up sign. Michael smiled that big honest Serbian grin of his and went into a tirade about "One guy! One guy on whole platform say we broke, we cannot afford to have war!" I smiled. He went on; "How can be broke when they have money to shoot missiles in my backyard, literally?" Of course he was speaking of Serbia. I love this guy, I always respected him but never had him pegged for someone who would even be aware of Ron Paul. "He is my friend on Facebook" he says. "Facebook" I said and rolled my eyes.

I ran out some receipt paper and wrote down The Creature From Jekyl Island pdf and G. Edward Griffin and told him to Google it and read it. Michael is about to be shocked and educated as I do not believe he understands the Fed, but he soon will.

My point? Ron Paul is catching on. At least with seven foot tall Serbs who are now US citizens.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ron Paul has no chance.

Campaign is exploding (for the worse as we speak)

Never had more than 7-8% support, and much of his support is unable to vote for him in closed primaries.

Guy is toast.

Are you Ron Paul supporters happy that he is using campaign money to buy straw polls that mean absolutely nothing? He raises a lot of money and wastes it. Did the same thing in the 2008 elections.

Guy is a shoe-in for congressional races, but is in way over his head when it comes to running a Presidential campaign.

Question for you :

Ok, ok......., now tell us which candidate do you think is better that Ron Paul??

I will be back in about 12 hours (after work) and will look for your answer. If you do not respond, it will be because you are one of the last Obama supporters, that will justify your comments.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

We have a choice: to vote for another corporate ho or to vote for the man who wants to end the fed, which is the source of all our pain. Could he do it? Well now that's a horse of a different color because so many people are still comfortable with their feudal slave status.

Amen brother, testify! Doesn't matter if he does it or not. It will send a clear message to Washington that this is what we want done. Ending the Fed is the minimum that we need, to get through this little spiderweb that we find ourselves in, therefore we have to try. I don't really want to live in the woods, do you? Whether we get the Fed ended or not, do we have a choice when it comes this decision? What else can we do? Knuckle under and go back to sleep? That is what got us into trouble, sleeping like babies as the plans were laid.

Did you know what the Glass-Steigel act was before last year? Do you know now? Better yet did you know when it was repealed back in the Clinton administration? Did you even hear it was repealed? See, we were asleep, even though Thomas Jefferson specifically warned us about this.

For those of you who don't know;

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

So then, this is what allowed the banks to play fast and loose with our home mortgages, to use them as a commodity to be speculated on. And since the groups of mortgages had no real intrinsic value to them, they could be inflated at whim. Everybody makes money, except the former homeowners who now live in their apartments, tents or RVs. They paid and they have nothing to show for it. And yet, who did the media blame? Those greedy homeowners who took mortgages they couldn't afford, as if they snuck in during the night and burglarized the bank for it.

See? We were asleep, but we're awake now. The way I see it the only other choice to Ron Paul is going back to sleep, and trusting the same bunch yet again.

So I ask the "OSers" - you know who you are - of this topic, why not put your vote where your mouth is? If Ron Paul has no chance, why don't you guys vote for him and prove us wrong? Want to? I mean if he has no chance, you guys could even vote for him and he would still lose, right? That would put egg on our faces pretty good, huh? Yeah, that would show us!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

There is no source to all our pain. To think that we have one thing ruining our lives is making a scapegoat and nothing more.. I hate to break it to ya, life was not intended to be easy. If you want a source to our pain, life is you're answer.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

I love Ron Paul, but it seems like all one has to do these days is post a thread with RP in the title, a video, and automatically get like 100 stars and flags.

Which is why I won't post one. Artificial and unhealthy boost to the ego.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
What i find funny... Most of you are the same people complaining about Obama, our credit downgrade and our current situation..

Ron Paul wanted us to full default, that means downgrades by all creditors.. So you hate Obama for getting us downgraded by 1, love Ron Paul because he would get us downgraded by them all, and pretend this is logic?

I wouldn't really care what the US credit rating was if I knew I didn't have to pay any of it through a complete and full default and write-off that you would get under a Ron Paul plan. But under an Obama plan, I'm not really interested in paying an never-ending ever-higher interest rate under an extremely slow and painful economic death spiral plan. Ron Paul has been saying that you have to liquidate the debt. That is correct. That is logic. That is reason.

Most of you are all antinuke, RP wants to let Iran have nuclear production.. And this is logic?
The US has lost all credibility to decide whether or not Iran is actually getting nukes or not. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'll admit I actually figured Saddam did have WMDs. However, I won't be such a sucker as to think Iran is building WMDs. Get it?

Iran is on the other side of the world, and therefore them getting a nuke simply does not affect us much. Let Israel and the other Iran enemies deal with it. Its their problem, not yours.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

much of his support is unable to vote for him in closed primaries.

Those people could just switch parties in order to vote for him in the primary. It is that simple.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I'm happy to see Ron Paul doing well...but let's face it...he's not going to win the Presidency...never will.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Ron paul is not abdicating that Iran "should" have a nuclear weapons programme , what he is saying is that its none of the US governments business , they are a sovreign nation and should be allowed to make that decision by themselves without outside interference which america is currently doing at the cost of the tax payer.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seachange

I know you wouldnt have much thought towards repaying debt under obamas presidency and his downgrading of the credit rating . However under Ron Pauls plan , your kids or their kids or their kids , wouldnt need to repay this as the responsibility lies with this generation , to remove the damage thats been done to America over the last 50 years by the same political madness thats destroyed the very hear and soul of america.

Thats a plan that can work and save every american in the process. whats not good about that ?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Your entire premise here has to necessarily be rooted in the assumption that there is nothing that can be done in protecting our borders and keeping illegal immigration down to a sustainable minimum. Your argument implicitly demands that we accept total failure in protecting our borders as a given, while you expressly insist that people who have not been duly sworn or deputized act as law enforcement personnel in a hopeless attempt to clean up the mess that failure to protect the borders created. The federal government has been Constitutionally mandated to protect our nations borders and they consistently fail to do so, but here you are calling Ron Paul insane because he disagrees with government expanding their power in spite of their demonstrable inability to handle that power and attempting to legislatively criminalize business owners just because they can't do their job to begin with.

Further, NumbersUSA is a political action committee and the link provided demonstrates that they are unabashedly so. While they claim non-partisan politics, their ideas on immigration policies are clear, and very much the same as what I just described above. NumbersUSA has no seeming regard or concern for the federal government's failure to secure our borders, and instead seems intent on lobbying for legislation that would only further intrude into the privacy of individuals.

If you think this unseemly push to destroy privacy is sane, then it is understandable why you would see someone who remains consistent in their assertion that individual rights is really the only reason government should exist by criticizing "e-verify" legislation as being insane.

You don't even know what E-Verify is, do you? Nor do you understand that RP's objection is not the bill itself, but that he thinks we should increase the size of govt to check workers instead of the employer doing so.

There's your 'limited govt' candidate.

edit on 19-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by infrared

But what difference does it really make what affiliation someone has if they stand for what's right?

Because party politics is part of the problem in this country.

When was the last time an independent candidate made it to the white house anyway? To think we'll get one there in 2012 is simply wishful thinking and a waste of time.

No vote is a waste, and part of the stranglehold the two party system has on this country, is that they have convinced people like yourself that any vote for a 3rd party candidate is a waste of time. What this country desperately needs in my opinion is a truly independent president free from party line politics and free to do the will of the American people instead of the will of their party.

Are you suggesting that I am a "mindless cult member"?

Did I say that? Did I say that ALL Ron Paul supporters without exception act like cult members? I don't think so, so please, if it offends you, perhaps it's a sign that you recognize those behaviors in yourself.

So the truth comes out. You're really just here to antagonize the people you don't like.

Not at all, just simply showing my disdain for Ron Paul, and those that choose to follow this 30+ year Republican blindly because he says things they like to hear. We have a President now that got elected cause he said things that people like to hear and ended up lying about many of those promises.

Just curious, are you a good example of a common "supporter" of the independent presidential candidate you are rooting for? If so I guess I might not be too fond of that candidate either.

I wouldn't want you to be a supporter of any candidate I choose because of things I say about them. I would prefer if you did your own independent critical thinking and decided for yourself based on your own research what person to vote for. In the end, if you choose to vote for Ron Paul, that's entirely your business, and I won't begrudge you for your choice.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Why is it a surprise that Ron Paul is ahead in online poles? He is the only candidate that the people can relate to, the only one that makes any sense and isn't being used as a puppet for shady interests.

You know what really scares big biz? Ron Paul is actually getting through to people and he doesn't have to play any gimmicks, he just has to tell it as it is.
Sure, not everyone is going to go for, not everyone likes to be told that our system is on the brink of failure, but I think many people are already realizing that for themselves.
edit on 19-9-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
I get exhausted by hearing the same arguments against him over... and over... and over again.

"Ron Paul is TOO old!"

Well, he is..no way around that, but he seems young for his old age..very active and sharp still, probably has 20+ good years left if I was a gambling man.
But ya, if he gets put up front, it will be another young obama next to someones grandfather like McCain that will turn off young mainstream voters...in saying that, McCain and Paul are worlds different in mental agility and..well, regular agility, so it has yet to be determined how much of a factor that plays
Especially when he comes forward with just "oh just legalize all of it and let the states figure it out" attitude.

"Ron Paul is TOO crazy!"

Well, again, he is...but if forced to choose, I prefer Paul's crazy to Perry or Bachman's crazy.

"Ron Paul buys his votes!"

In the primarys, they all do. its part of the game. That is in fact what they get their money for..to pad and pay and ultimately get your name up front. Its a corrupt system that isn't going to change anytime soon..so you play the game and get noticed verses refuse to play and be lost into oblivion

"Ron Paul wears a tinfoil hat!"

In some areas, no doubt...in other areas, we could have used his tin foil hat discussions. At this point, I am not sure..maybe we do need someone whom is seeing the jaws of hell open and take measures verses the "smooth it all over" type potus...not sure..might make everything worse if we have a panicky president..but we have joe cool at the moment and things aren't really spiking up...but this may be a simplistic view of a complex situation.

Now, to hammer Paul for a minute...

As for the not getting his brilliant ideas passed - it is very hard to do when he's the ONLY person in Congress who is actually for the people. Does that mean we shouldn't support him? No. On the contrary, we should do it just for the purpose of sending Washington D.C. a message that we're sick of them.

You need to consider that a bit more
If Paul becomes president, he will be a lame duck no matter who has power. Neither side will work with him to pass anything beyond establishment positions...hell, he would have far more luck getting liberals to pass social things than conservatives to abolish the fed or whatnot.
You know this is a fact...electing a president does not mean changing the country into the president's vision...it means you elected a symbol only.

If it was as simple as elect a president and all things we have fall into his vision, Gitmo would be closed, we would be enjoying single payer universal healthcare, prisons would be mostly empty, etc etc etc
Still gotta deal with that pesky congress and senate thing...and Paul has no real friends in either because he is too anti-establishment.
Unwavering idealism and a couple bucks will get you a cup of coffee in legislation

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins

Ron Paul wanted us to full default, that means downgrades by all creditors.. So you hate Obama for getting us downgraded by 1, love Ron Paul because he would get us downgraded by them all, and pretend this is logic? Most of you are all antinuke, RP wants to let Iran have nuclear production.. And this is logic?

So the fear mongering was that we were going to be downgraded if we didnt raise the debt ceiling so we raised it and still got downgraded? Right, thats some nice logic in itself isnt it? The sad fact is if we would have listened to Ron Paul and not raised the debt ceiling we probably wouldnt have been downgraded at all because it would have shown that we have responsible people in this country that know WHEN TO STOP SPENDING!

Iran? Let Iran have a nuke. Iran has abslutely no way of ever launching a nucular weapon to the US. They dont even have an airforce. Let it also be noted that Iran has stated multiple times that they have no desire to have a nuke and that they would even open their doors so they could be watched. But thats not good enough because the US wants WAR! We have to invent a boogeyman to go to WAR!

We as Americans shouldnt have to play world police. Ron Paul understands this.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Ron Paul is far from perfect but he is the best option we have in my opinion, just hoping hes not a shill for TPTB.

Problem is, would they even let him bring his ideas to fruition? Presidents really arent THAT powerful in terms of trying to make laws, and if he doesnt play ball with them enough he may end up having a "heart attack" or "die or natural causes" conveniently for them.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
Ron Paul has the worlds vote
because everyone else is a RETARD

you win the internets

2nd line.
edit on 19-9-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Not sure if this one has been posted yet, but Ron Paul won another political poll in the Central Florida region:
here

You have to scroll down a little and its on the middle right.
He won with 44%!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Awesome video! I am worried about one thing with Ron Paul though...I live in Florida which is mainly conservative *^*&^% heads...If he was to win and the power was given to states, Florida would be TERRIBLE to live in! We would be forced to go to church or something
edit on 19-9-2011 by daniel5383 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join