Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by Manhater
Well, one major thing is how much more committed he is. He has already declared he won't be running for reelection of his Congressional position. He said he wants to prove to people that he is in this to win and is focusing entirely on his Presidential candidacy.
Vote for him knowing he is without a doubt the best chance we have and that your vote will definitely not be wasted.
Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by EagleTalonZ
I get exhausted by hearing the same arguments against him over... and over... and over again.
"Ron Paul is TOO old!"
"Ron Paul is TOO crazy!"
"Ron Paul buys his votes!"
"Ron Paul wears a tinfoil hat!"
The only one I'll address is the cost one. In the Iowa straw poll he had the most expensive booth available. Why, in a meaningless poll?
The arguments are lame. How about researching how many Presidents were elected on their 3rd try? Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan.
Now that's a lame argument..meaningless.
As far as the age argument, how come no other candidates felt up to accepting his recent challenge? 20 mile bike ride in the 107 degree heat. Not one person accepted.
He's crazy? Why? Cuz he actually defends and supports the Constitution? Cuz he doesn't want to send young men and women to fight wars for the bankers? I think the crazy people are those who support more war mongering candidates.
Because of his open borders policy. Because of his dangerous foreign policy. Because of his crazy drug policy.
Answer this: How many important pieces of legislation has he proposed? How many made it to law?
If you had to name his closest philosophical partner in congress, who would it be? Kucinich, who is a certified loon?
He's crazy? Why? Cuz he actually defends and supports the Constitution?
With your last post you clearly identified the problem. You haven't researched Ron Paul.
Instead of dissecting your entire post though, I'm going to jump to your statement about his "open border policy" and his "dangerous foreign policy."
#1. He doesn't support open border.
1. Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
2. Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
3. No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
4. No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
5. End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
6. Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.
And the last thing that truly irks me about Ron Paul, is the people that he attracts. You can tell a lot about a person by the company that they keep, and Ron Paul attracts the truly insane and delusional. These people that follow Ron Paul like he's some sort of god or messiah truly are a cult. If Ron Paul told his followers to douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves on fire, many of his die hard supporters would. They would think it was the greatest thing in the world. I simply can't support a candidate that appeals to the nut wing like Ron Paul does.
Do you also tend to think that someone who Swears to Defend, and Uphold the Constitution of the United States is insane and delusional?
truly insane and delusional???
I'm sorry, this is a Republic, not a theocracy, and I don't want a religious cult leader in charge of the country.
Why? Because Ron Paul is a religious zealot and would govern via Christian Cannon Law. He even points this out in his "statement of faith" tab on his campaign website. I'm sorry, this is a Republic, not a theocracy, and I don't want a religious cult leader in charge of the country.
Resign yourself to this fact: a democrat is not going to see the next Presidency - Obama has made sure of that.
Never was America a Christian Cult, even though many would have it that way, if they actually could. I am beginning to think your information sources are flawed, friend.