It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is exploding!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul, but it seems like all one has to do these days is post a thread with RP in the title, a video, and automatically get like 100 stars and flags.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

When it comes to immigration, I accept the research of NumbersUSA , which is an org soley dedicated to immigration issues. They rate Ron Paul at a letter grade of F, just above Barack Obama at F-. Instead of cut/paste all of it, I refer you to the link.

E-Verify, for example, is key in weeding out illegals working in the US. Paul, however, says that he doesn't think employers should "be in the business of law enforcement". In other words, they should not be required to report illegals. That's just insane.

Your entire premise here has to necessarily be rooted in the assumption that there is nothing that can be done in protecting our borders and keeping illegal immigration down to a sustainable minimum. Your argument implicitly demands that we accept total failure in protecting our borders as a given, while you expressly insist that people who have not been duly sworn or deputized act as law enforcement personnel in a hopeless attempt to clean up the mess that failure to protect the borders created. The federal government has been Constitutionally mandated to protect our nations borders and they consistently fail to do so, but here you are calling Ron Paul insane because he disagrees with government expanding their power in spite of their demonstrable inability to handle that power and attempting to legislatively criminalize business owners just because they can't do their job to begin with.

Further, NumbersUSA is a political action committee and the link provided demonstrates that they are unabashedly so. While they claim non-partisan politics, their ideas on immigration policies are clear, and very much the same as what I just described above. NumbersUSA has no seeming regard or concern for the federal government's failure to secure our borders, and instead seems intent on lobbying for legislation that would only further intrude into the privacy of individuals.

If you think this unseemly push to destroy privacy is sane, then it is understandable why you would see someone who remains consistent in their assertion that individual rights is really the only reason government should exist by criticizing "e-verify" legislation as being insane.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by infrared

Who would you suggest we support in place of Ron Paul?

How about an independent candidate? One that isn't a Democrat or a Republican? Is it so hard to imagine a country that is free from the two party system?

I'm not suggesting that there's a perfect presidential candidate out there that will appeal to everyone, that's just being silly. I'm just saying that the two parties have completely failed the American people and it's high time that the American public rejects them completely.

Instead of trying to poke holes in his campaign or find flaws in his character, why don't you just support him instead.

And be a mindless cult member? I don't think so. One of the primary reasons that I don't like Ron Paul is his supporters. Sorry, I'm not drinking the cool aid, and I don't need a new track suit and tennis shoes, thank you very much.

reply to post by PauLisD3AD

No, neither are any better, Perry is just a more radical George W. Bush. (one that wanted as governor of Texas to secede from the union.) Which in my mind makes it really inappropriate for him to be running at all.

And Mitt Romney is simply a white Obama. So, neither candidate is a good choice for me.

edit on 19-9-2011 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

What I love most about this post, is that, given the negative intention (considering your strict anti-Paul position) people are seeing it in a positive light.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

And Ron Paul is simply a white Obama. So, neither candidate is a good choice for me.

edit on 18-9-2011 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

In what ways are they similar?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
This video makes the best case for media bias I have ever seen.

RON PAUL! RON PAUL! RON PAUL!

edit on 18-9-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

This video makes the best case for media bias I have ever seen.

RON PAUL! RON PAUL! RON PAUL!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

That's just prescious! Thank you for sharing!

Love it!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PauLisD3AD

Sorry about that, I meant Mitt Romney is just a white Obama. They have the same idea on government, Romney has Romneycare which is nearly identical to Obamacare. So, if you want rid of Obama from office, electing Romney is not the way to go,

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Ha ok, now that i can agree with.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing him as I think he's just fine personally. My concern is as he gains popularity/media attention that the majority of sheeple/people won't take him as serious as they should. Why? Because the majority of people don't think, they're emotional. So they're not paying as much attention as to what he's saying and then correlating that to how life would be better for them and future generations if he were elected, they're looking at him and judging their feelings and thinking how would they feel with him as president of our country. Could they see that happening?

I was pointing out on another thread how people have always elected presidents with a strong, confident presence; someone who could manipulate their mannerisms and voice inflection to just make people feel safe, secure and good about the future... regardless of the words coming out of their mouth. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bilderberg group chose who they wanted as president, and then trained them extensively on how to manipulate peoples emotions from behind the podium if they didn't already posses that skill.

But Ron Paul is the real deal, he's not trying to hypnotize people into following him, he just speaks the truth and provides solutions to our nations problems, and it makes sense when trying to tackle problems as big as he is head on that your delivery wouldn't and shouldn't need to be pretty. But, if we need the majority of average non-thinking people in this country to support him, and they're not able to relate to him as well because he doesn't make them feel as warm and fuzzy as his phony competitors, whether it's because he stuttered once or twice or answered a question a certain way or just tried to give too much information in too short of a time frame, then he could have an issue winning. That's why I think a little attention in that area could seal the deal on his win.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Originally posted by anumohi
Ron Paul has the worlds vote
because everyone else is a RETARD

This and double this. I think every country wants a Ron Paul!
And to those who think his supporters are kooks, well I wouldn't be too sure about that.
They are just highly involved in the campaign because they're finally inspired by a politician
with a clean voting record and integral character.
edit on 19/9/11 by TeroK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

After carefully reviewing the polling over the last three to four years, its clear that Ron Paul is on the rise. However, Ron Paul is not "exploding" at all, though is rising faster than he did in the 2008 season. If there is one thing notable about his polling its the media its that they attacked him hard after he announced his presidential run in May. And that worked like a charm to hurt his numbers. Meanwhile, they shower praise on the competition and it works like a charm to give them a boost.

What I see is while the MSM influence is certainly on it way out, it has not died yet. Therefore, I don't expect Ron Paul to win. The MSM does not want him to win and their influence is still very strong. However, its laughable to say he has no chance like some people on this thread have said. His biggest obstacle is with the 65+ crowd, who seem to have no interest in him whatsoever, which goes back to comment about the MSM dying. When people who are 65 today (who seem to love their MSM) are dead something like 10 years from now, the MSM will no longer call the shots and the "internet candidates" will be the winners. But until then we'll have to put up with more tyranny year after year, month after month, and day after day

A path to Ron Paul winning is this: the young do a lot of footwork and speak to older people about Ron Paul. If that happens, Ron Paul will win. Personally I doubt that will happen, but how people put it outside the realm of possible is beyond me.

Another path would be if Ron Paul coaxed a whole bunch of people into signing up as Republicans for the specific purpose of voting for him in the primaries. It would have to be an extremely large number to make a difference.

If Ron Paul does not win I'd advise people to take a look at what is actually proving to be working to restore freedoms. Although the New Hamphsire governor is a hardcore tyrant, the NH government is shrinking at the moment due to efforts of the Free State Project and also Republican party. Its very exciting... much more so than even the prospect of Ron Paul making a difference. I'll be mentioning the Free State Project about 500 times over the next year because it really works, unlike anything else I know.
edit on 19-9-2011 by seachange because: I edited a bunch of paragraphs to say things better since it came across as bad to me.

edit on 19-9-2011 by seachange because: edited in 2nd path to a Ron Paul win

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
White hats.... you could have so much more on the dark side... like a seat in the bunker...... why vote RP?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by infrared

Who would you suggest we support in place of Ron Paul?

How about an independent candidate? One that isn't a Democrat or a Republican? Is it so hard to imagine a country that is free from the two party system?

Nothing wrong with that. But what difference does it really make what affiliation someone has if they stand for what's right? Like I said before, start your own thread telling why whoever you support is so great and we'll come check them out. And make sure to include links to all their speeches, videos, articles and anything else that demonstrates their worthiness as a candidate. Instead of all the negative talk and putting down someone else's cause, step up and contribute to your own.

And if there's someone else campaigning who stands for freedom and and supports our constitution better than Ron Paul - AND has a better chance at actually being elected in 2012 - I'm sure they'll gain support. Right now I know of no one else. When was the last time an independent candidate made it to the white house anyway? To think we'll get one there in 2012 is simply wishful thinking and a waste of time.

And be a mindless cult member? I don't think so.

Are you suggesting that I am a "mindless cult member"? That's news to me and a borderline insult - usually what people resort to when they know they're wrong and have nothing else intelligent to say.

One of the primary reasons that I don't like Ron Paul is his supporters. Sorry, I'm not drinking the cool aid, and I don't need a new track suit and tennis shoes, thank you very much.

So the truth comes out. You're really just here to antagonize the people you don't like.

So let me see, you're you're a critic, you have nothing to contribute and you spend your time insulting people and pointing out problems instead of finding solutions. Some character you have there.

Just curious, are you a good example of a common "supporter" of the independent presidential candidate you are rooting for? If so I guess I might not be too fond of that candidate either.

Were they giving out free cool aid somewhere that I missed?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seachange

Special interest groups don't visit Ron Paul's office.

That's because he's useless when it comes to producing results.
Why would they?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Post from five seconds into video. Ron Paul, Alex Jones, and the music of the Peter Jackson film Lord Of The Rings. Which one of these does not fit into this set. Not to apply pressure here, but if you answer incorrectly we may not get a future.

S+F OP great candidate, great music for the occasion. More in a few...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Yeh the one reason he has never one is because most of the elections he ran in were rigged and some puppet stooge was put in place to maintain the status quo!

empire building

Ron Paul is against the American Empire and its rulers, he is however for the American people their liberty and their freedom. Unlike every other president who was just about self ego and cash corpratism

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Simple case, if everyone wants to see Ron Paul win, do your part on helping promote him. Show them videos etc, pop it up during convos.

Make videos of your own. if everyone one did their part you can reach much more people that way and asure him a chance against Obama at least.

To those saying he is crazy,

Let me ask you this, freedom comes at a price, which means sacrificing some of the things the gov do.

Example: Would you rather have cops, military thugs and your privacy invaded 24/7? because that is what is gonna happen, if it hasn't been already. That is part of the price of letting them take away freedom in return for "security" or "welfare paycheck"

Last time I checked, man wasn't meant to have fear. Being part of a man or adult is knowing how to do things on your own. Meaning, learning how to survive by truly educating yourself and your children. This is how high valued education is born, because we take to the books and learn to take care of ourselves and at the same time get back in touch with ourselves and nature. Do things the right way and see where the previous system lead us into.

No matter which way you put it, supporter or not, you acknowledge that something is very wrong with the world. The question is, which path if anyt will you choose in order to correct it. And I will be frank, those of you who sit all day in front of the computer should have no say against Ron Paul because you too are part of the problem by simply being lazy and not wanting to give up on welfare checks. If something isn't done soon, you wont have any in the near future.

Here are your choices

Stay the way you are and support another term of Obama
result in the end: A nation in chaos, due to governemntal alienation on its people and have all your welfare taken away and shoved into the streets in a world where noone has no rights.

OR

Take a chance/leap of faith that Ron Paul can and will save the U.S and possibly the world from a system that is eating the very life of us and this planet?

It is all about faith, and alot of skeptics are simply in Denial or they want to watch the world burn.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Ron Paul is against the American Empire and its rulers, he is however for the American people their liberty and their freedom. Unlike every other president who was just about self ego and cash corpratism

Yeah and if Ron Paul brings his free drugs around my kids he'll get a steel-toed boot in his boney ass.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by sapien82

Yeah and if Ron Paul brings his free drugs around my kids he'll get a steel-toed boot in his boney ass.

And what does the parent get when they fail to educate and raise their kids right about drugs- and they all end up being drug addicts? The point it is, let the states and locals decide, not the federal government. The power to enforce drugs, if at all- is supposed to be the state's- and has no federal constitutional mandate. It's stuff like this Ron knows. And wants to change.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join