It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allegedly don't pay child support? No trial for you

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Now the banks can get a cut of the CS money along with the state.

The State doesn't take a single cent from any child support money. There are some private companies out there that offer to help collect child support, and they charge a fee. They are mostly scams, and I don't recommend them.

The State doesn't take a single cent. In fact, the enforcement process is handled entirely separately from the money. Two different units, and they only communicate via email and database systems. Furthermore, the county clerk is the official record holder for all money received and disbursed. That is where you go to check on what you have paid, and what went to the other parent.

There is one exception. Cash Assistance paid out by the state is repaid from child support when it is collected. If you get cash assistance for the children, the state wants it back once the child support money is collected.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

You are wrong there. The reason for the roll out of the cards is to catch anyone recieving benefits (ie single parents, disability, unemployed etc) spending tax payer's money on alcohol, gambling, cigs and luxury items. They won't catch everybody but they will catch many and those who have'nt been caught will eventually. Thats the whole idea. I agree with these cards. It solves alot of problems.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

It wasn't out of line. She said she couldn't feed her kids. I was under an obligation to look out for the safety of the children. If she got $50k 4 or 5 weeks ago, and she claims she can't feed her kids, then it rings several alarm bells. Are the kids going hungry? Is there a crime or impairment issue? I had the right to ask, I just didn't have the right to pass judgement, or make assumptions, which I didn't.

No parent is obligated to pay above and beyond the day to day living costs; Xmas pressies and any extras really is just a treat.

Wrong. The state makes no consideration of what it actually takes to raise a child. They just look at both parent's income, and use a formula to decide what percent of that income should go to child care expenses.

If a father makes $10k a month, he pays a lot more than one making $1k a month. I've seen cases where the child support alone was $13k per month. There was also spousal support added on top of that!
edit on 18-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by photobug

I can't comment on ATS members and their child support. It's word of mouth here and more often than not there's no proof to back up their claims.

As for the soldier, that's bloody shocking even if I say so myself. Six months he was held captive? Never heard about that in the papers. Do you have a source?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No, you are employed by the child support agency and it's not your business to ask her what she did with the $50K. For all we know she may have paid off her credit card she used to pay bills like rent,utilities, clothing & food; purchased a little car to drive the kids around in. Who knows. Fact is, she paid using her own money to pay her ex husband's share while child support was'nt coming in. Did you think about that?

If you suspected child abuse then you should had got on the phone to child welfare and laid a complaint. Did you? Whats the bet you did'nt!
edit on 18-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I think I know my obligations as a state employee a little better than you.

No, I didn't call child welfare, because she said she bought rims. If I suspected she bought drugs, or if I really believed she couldn't feed her kids, then I would have called law enforcement or child welfare. I made just such a call 3 or 4 times every week. We are disbursing large sums of money to people, it is perfectly appropriate to ask what they are doing with it, and gauge their response to see if local authorities need to be made aware of it. Try deposting $5k or $10k in your bank and look at all the forms you will have to fill out.

There was one occurence where I didn't call authorities in another state, because I didn't think a threat was credible, the guy calmed down and was thanking me at the end of the call, I thought it was all handled. Turned out, he hung up, drove to the local office and held it hostage at gunpoint! I kind of missed the call on that one.

There were dozens of times where people in my unit saved lives, by keeping someone on the phone while authorities were in route due to abuse, health problems, or overdose. One unfortunate call, I had to listen to a mother getting badly beat up by her teenage son for calling us. Then, when cops finally arrived, he was arrested, and she was mad at us.

You are welcome to your opinions, but keep in mind, they might be entirely wrong.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I can't comment on ATS members and their child support. It's word of mouth here and more often than not there's no proof to back up their claims.

As for the soldier, that's bloody shocking even if I say so myself. Six months he was held captive? Never heard about that in the papers. Do you have a source?

True, a lot of what is said on here is word of mouth. I have all the documentation to prove what I am saying in my case and will be pursuing a federal case against the judge.

I will look for the source of the jailed POW. If I rememebr correctly he was one of the cases cited in the supreme courts "turner vs. Price"

For all those men out there... Get involved!!!!! when you have beeen wronged file your appeals, judges lose judicial immunity when they don't follow the law.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Its kinda funny, I hear all these horror stories about CS, I pay CS on my son with the pittance I get for my pension, and as long as I communicated with CS, they have been VERY accommodating...
I have a daughter, and was paying CS on her as well, then mom married some dude and for some reason, CS couldnt find mom to pay her and closed the case and sent BACK the money I was paying..
When my money went up, I'd tell them and they'd increase the CS, when my money went down, they LOWERED the amount I was paying, never had a problem

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Women ALWAYS win...

This is untrue. When I left my abusive husband, the courts refused to make him pay any child support at all initially. It had to be brought back to court repeatedly before he was even ordered to pay, and then he still refused to pay it. He was only ordered to pay $32/week and was making thousands of dollars a month from his wages. He was over $16k in arrears at one point after not paying for several years. He never served a day in jail for refusing to pay support.

I paid more money in travel and court expenses trying to enforce the court orders than he ever paid in child support. I hardly would say that I won.

For the first three years of my daughter's life, I was basically imprisoned within my abuser/rapist's environment, forbidden to move away from where he lived. I was forced to live in an area where there were few, if any, jobs and most people I knew had to travel an hour or more one way for employment. I had a job offer out of town, but the travel expenses would have required that I live closer to the job, and the court refused to allow me to move closer to the job, unless of course I gave my rapist custody/possession of my baby.

I was forced onto welfare for survival as a result of the courts refusal to allow me to live away from my rapist with my child. I was further victimized by the courts each time my rapist would stalk or assault me, and the courts let him continue to get away with it.

He had beaten me so bad that I had trouble even doing basic things. I was left with severe neurological damage. I am in physical pain every day because of the beatings. He never served a day in jail for it. His cop buddies helped him get away with it! I have not even been able to sit in a bathtub without severe pain since that one beating on Aug 31, 1995 and have to take showers to clean myself because baths are too painful.

It wasn't until he insulted the judge and made him angry that the judge finally relented and allowed me the freedom to move away from my rapist. Nobody gave a damn about what he was doing to me and my child. He would inflict injuries on her and tell me it was my fault for leaving him! And the people at the courthouses were all like, 'I know Kenny. He's a nice guy. He wouldn't have done this to you unless you caused him to get angry.'

And, according to churches and the Bible, God places ALL authorities over us for our own good. Well, the authorities God placed over me said it was okay for this man to rape, beat, and torture me. A nice, loving God that is. And I sinned by leaving him in the first place. I was supposed to stay and take my bible and court sanctioned rapes and beatings until death, according to the bible and churches. I was supposed to be more 'submissive' as commanded by scripture! What did I ever 'win'? I have to live my life in solitude with pain and nightmares for the rest of my life because God wanted me beaten for my own good! I hate God and His Bible.

I didn't want him to pay child support for the most part. I just wanted my rapist out of my life for good, and I could only get his parental rights terminated if it was demonstrated repeatedly that he was not part of her life. Since the judge kept letting him get away with it though, it was never enough documentation to satisfy lawyers to pursue termination. Then, they started intercepting his tax returns few years ago, so even though it was involuntary, it counted towards involvement. I had come close to making the grounds before they had intercepted the tax return. He had not paid in years and had no contact with her.

Most people are not aware that rapists have parental rights to any children they father, even when it was via rape. There have even been convicted rapists that have managed to get it court ordered to force their victims to bring the child to the prison for visitation before. How is a rape victim supposed to recover when she is forced to face her rapist on a continuous basis? All it does is revictimize her all over again. And the courts punish her when she does not want to be around her abuser/rapist. She had no rights when she was raped, and the courts make sure the rapist maintains power over her.

Therefore, that statement that 'women always win' is a lie. Unless, of course, you are saying that I am not a woman.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

The purpose of child support is to offer the child or children the same financial oppurtunities had the parents relationship not dissolved.

The court has no business assuming to know what opportunities a child would have or would not have had inside of a household. If the courts are involved at all, which I don't think they should be then there needs to be some serious research done into the average of what it takes to raise a child and that is what should be paid.

Your forgetting that often times, there was no relationship to begin with and in this case, say in the case of a professional athlete who makes 20 million dollars a year, he would have to fork over 4 million a year in child support. Umm, thats ridiculous and sick. The only thing that does is provide incentive for shady women to do everything in the power to get knocked up underhandedly by the first guy with money they sleep with.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

well then, by your theory, he didnt know any better when he knocked up said shady gal, remember it takes TWO to make a child

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I found something concerning said POW:

Source

Bobby Sherrill, a divorced father of two from Parkton, N.C., was a casualty of that war. Mr. Sherrill, who worked for Lockheed in Kuwait before being captured and held hostage by Iraq for nearly five harrowing months, was arrested the night he returned from the Persian Gulf War. Why? For failing to pay $1,425 in child support while he was a captive.

This makes me sick, if true...and apparently it is. Like I said, I've had little problems from CSS myself, because the first 2 thing I pay is my rent and CS, because the few times I missed, she'd tell my 8 year old she didnt have money to buy this or that because I didnt pay my child support, wehen even if I DID pay it, she'd still tell him no,; it just gave her an easy out for saying no.
Honestly, I cant wait to see these 'credit cards' to come out, I'd LOVE to see the way shes spending my money.
Ironic thing is this: she has an older child that lives with his father and SHE has to pay support on him; I'm BETTING she's taking MY support money to pay support on the OTHER child...so I'm paying for 2 kids essentially, one thats mine, and one thats NOT mine...
edit on 11/18/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Being a father of 3,I was able to win the freedom of my children. I have full custody of them. Their mothers are allowed to see the children whenever they want.I ask for NO child support. Why? Because I believe the system is THAT corrupt. Why continue to participate in a system that cares NOT about the child?

Judges are also corrupt,but they live withing the Laws that bind them. Its a duel hypocrisy,when a judge HAS to give a mother,multiple chances to get off drugs,to find a job,to being forced to take parenting classes. Ive seen that in the courts,as I waited for my justice. The whole time the CHILD suffers,as the system plays the "wait and see" game,of waiting for a mother to become that model parent.

Gender Bias is the essence of the Childsupport system. Fathers(men) make more money,hence the game being played on them.The "instinct" that a mother is a better parent,is like thinking that men are only sperm donors. There is no equality for men,unless they jump through hoops,and "pay" their way out of it.

edit on 18-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The State doesn't take a single cent from any child support money.

Ah,but the state makes money buy putting the child support money into their slush fund,to make interest out of it. Imagine the amounts that are put in,and even at a week,what the interests amounts to?

Some parents have to wait weeks for a check.That is a fact,that I am all to aware of. The ridiculous "fees" that the state has for paperwork also hurts the person having to pay . The states do make money out of this. Its the "charges" that they inflict,along the way.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Ah,but the state makes money buy putting the child support money into their slush fund,to make interest out of it. Imagine the amounts that are put in,and even at a week,what the interests amounts to?

Not in Florida. I don't know about all states, but in Florida the money goes directly to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU), and it never enters the general funds. Each account is held in escrow and either disbursed as appropriate or refunded every 30 days or so. We have what is called a "future pay" account for people that overpay, but they don't allow it to grow much, it doesn't collect interest, and it is refunded to the payer if it gets too far ahead.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Not in Florida. I don't know about all states, but in Florida the money goes directly to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU), and it never enters the general funds. Each account is held in escrow and either disbursed as appropriate or refunded every 30 days or so. We have what is called a "future pay" account for people that overpay, but they don't allow it to grow much, it doesn't collect interest, and it is refunded to the payer if it gets too far ahead.

Its all about additional fees. EVERYTHING is a fee.

I couldn't see every State not taking advantage of it.

Especially how strapped the States are now a days.

When you say General funds,what does that mean?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fetidchimp

The mother of my grandchildren has paid pittance since my son got full custody of his 4 children. She tried to drown the youngest when he was 16 months old. She spent almost a week in jail. WaWa.!!! She sends cards once in awhile and tells them she loves and misses them.
She works, yes, for pittance but their father takes all the responsibility.
So it isn't just dead beat dads. They should lock her up for life.
!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

In Florida, there are no fees for the services, the courts may charge some fees, but nothing from the enforcement unit. (I think there used to be a $15 application fee, but it has gone away.) Any funds collected go specifically to a unit that handles only child support money, it doesn't go into the state's operating funds (general funds). It doesn't collect interest, there aren't any fees, penalties, etc.

It is the biggest misconception, and complaint the state gets. Everyone assumes the state is somehow profiting from the services. The majority of the operating expense for the unit comes form Federal Title IV funds. The State matches some of those funds from tax money, but absolutely zero comes from child support collected.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't even want to talk about it..

Illinois child support "services" is horrible........

It is a trapped feeling with no way out.........I do not paying, but I believe in fairness

Now that I am working and paying, I think they are off my back a little,,,,,,but still....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Nobody works for free. never forget that.
Lemmie give you some facts:

Florida generates interest on the funds collected, and they recoup any state issued assistance.
Florida will withold payments for up to 3 months before disbursing, collecting interest all the time.
( they do not attempt to collect this from any other assisted recipiants, because the money was earmarked to be disbursed without collection, fixed within the state's annual budget and never goes down regardless of the ammout collected.
The money collected is pure profit.).
States like GA add interest on any delinquent balances, thus making a profit on the back end.

If you think Child support collection was set up to assist custodial parents of children you are naive and should pay closer attention.

Child support collection is a HUGE money maker.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join