It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allegedly don't pay child support? No trial for you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I still say there's something fishy about the system...
money disappears,
"deadbeat" dads just might not be deadbeat!!
and when the money disappears, and the person has the paystubs to prove that he's paid, well, css seems to be just as likely to not even want to hear about it!!
where does this money go??
is it funding black ops??
is it being diverted into a buddy of some css or payroll processing employees account??

I don't know if this still goes on, but it was about a decade or so ago. before they start throwing people in jail, they best be making danged sure the money wasn't paid, and then "misappropiated"!!!

And, they need to make sure that the people have the means to pay the tab......who knows, maybe the child support was shipped off to china along with the person's job!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I believe child support should be treated as an income tax, taking some percentage of a parents income instead of a fixed sum. This would come a long way to prevent child support payments that are inadequate relative to a parents income, which could change a lot.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dondrews
I let the female judge know it was a contract(temporary) job. High pay...twice my normal pay, ten years later I'm still paying that amount they used the temp. pay number to calculate.

That's common here in Australia too. Instead of the payments being based on how much you currently earn, it's based on how much you earned in the past. I think it's designed that way to try and manipulate the payer into working harder.

A few years ago, I fell for the idea that I could work harder and earn more money to meet my child support payments. I earned $70k in that financial year, and my payments went up to around $1200 a month. Problem was, I was driving a 45 tonne cement tanker at an average hourly rate. The overtime was why I earned so much.

When I started getting burned out and falling asleep at the wheel, I had to keep going to meet my payments based on the huge effort I put in the previous year. After witnessing a truck in front of me collide with a car and kill the two occupants, I knew I had to slow down or it was going to happen to me.

I was told that in order for my payments to be reduced, I had to provide income information for the previous three months that showed I was earning less. In the end, I saved $3600 and used it to make my payments while I quit my job and took another with less hours and pay.

The fact they send people to jail over there because someone is unable to pay proves the child support system is not about the kids at all. They're just manipulative tools being used by the Government to make people work harder than they should have to.
edit on 14/9/11 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Any father who is physically fit (in my books) is employable in some kind of a job. In the USA, they expect non-custodial parents to pay child support so their ex spouses don't suck off the system (the tax payers) that pay for someone else's kids.

This is how I see it....don't pay child support or in arrears once it reaches a certain amount, you loose all rights to the children and have no say in how they are brought up. Prison is a great option for dead beat parents.....perhaps the Govt will find them jobs so they can get day release and work off the debt. This is an option that should be investigated.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The system is extremely flawed, I used to work in Child Support Enforcement and it is appalling.

But, it is hard to have a lot of sympathy when the country has such a problem with broken families, single parents, and half-siblings.

Women: You all have control over whether or not you get pregnant. Do not get pregnant by random men, it is ridiculous! I talked to a woman once that knew the father of her child had 3 previous cases he was not paying on, and she just couldn't believe he wasn't paying on her case.

Men: You all have control over whether or not you get a woman pregnant. Do not get random women pregnant! It is ridiculous! I have talked to men many times that claim they never knew about the baby, and they shouldn't be liable. Well, they knew they left something behind in there, and they knew it was a good possibility, they just never thought we would catch up with them.

When adults start acting responsibly, then I will begin to have some sympathy for the situations. In the meantime, regardless of how unfair it is, at least it serves as somewhat of a deterrent for all of the irresponsible behavior. It seems people are more worried about being hit with a child support case, than they are concerned with the well-being of their own incarnation of flesh and blood.

Ridiculous.

This topic gets me angry very quickly, everyone involved is guilty, and it is a shame that the children are lost in the whole blame game.
edit on 14-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Vitchilo

Those who hide cash and not declare all their earnings to avoid paying proper child support is in fact rorting the tax system and child support agencies. That's a criminal act last time I looked. Rorting the tax system alone equates to jail time and/or a large fine. In my opinion if an ex husband is paying both alimony and child support should receive a tax break on a second part time job not exceeding 20 hours on the condition they already work a fulltime job.

Fathers who avoid paying any child support and those who are in arrears of $5k or more should do jail time. By saying that, these prisoners should receive day work release on the condition they are employed....once the child support is paid up and a month in advance, they should be released on condition they don't default again.

What you call a "criminal act" I would argue that at times it is done out of self preservation.

I have payed child support from Day One. I began paying without a paternity test. It has taken me 13 years of fighting and tracking "Mom" from one State to another to get Paternity Testing. All the while I was paying.

When I get a job, I immediately fill out all relevant paperwork so that my Child Support is removed from my paycheck before it reaches my hand. It makes my life easier, all I have to do is keep working. I was unaware of my oldest child until she was over a year old. So not only did I immediately start out owing the State for back child support, but the Mother also used the system for all her prenatal care and I now owe all that money back she received for assistance. That debt is 100% mine. Last time I checked it took 2 people to make a child, so why does only one parent carry the debt?

In addition to child support, which my children do not see much of, they call me for school clothes, school supplies, cell phones, skateboards, and anything else they feel they need. I hide money from the State, I can assure you my daughter approves of it. After all, she now has an interest in music and that hidden money just bought her a guitar so she can explore that interest. Yet you would have me tossed in jail?

Now let us talk about "arrears". Just what are "arrears"? Wiki defines it as

Arrears (also sometimes known as rearage) is a legal term for the part of a debt that is overdue after missing one or more required payments. The amount of the arrears is the amount accrued from the date on which the first missed payment was due. The term is usually used in relation with periodically recurring payments such as rent, bills, royalties (or other contractual payments), and child support.

Source

So from Day One I already had over a year in back child support plus the debt from assistance the Mother received. At one point I had gotten the "arrears" down to $1000. Then something interesting happened. One Day I noticed that my paycheck was smaller and the difference was going to Child Support. After contacting my corporate office to find out what was going on, I was told that extra money was going to "arrears" but that turned out not to be the case at all. I had now become a victim of a company known as "Support Kids".

So what is Support Kids?
Support Kids is a private company which collect child support if you have a Court Order. Sounds harmless enough right? I thought so as well. Now in my case I was already paying child support and the Mother was not receiving what she considered a fair amount of it from the State. Support Kids then contacted my employer, found out I was already paying and threatened my employer with legal action if the payments were not sent directly to their company instead. So naturally my employer paid them... after all why would they pay legal fees on my behalf? The "arrears" I was suddenly paying on my child support were not "arrears" at all, instead it was a charge from Support Kids for their services. To make matters worse, Support Kids was also taking part of the collected money from the Mother for their services. So they basically get paid by both parties for their services.

Now while this is going on, Support Kids fails to report your child support payments to the State. So the State is actually keeping a tab and all the payments Support Kids receives which go unreported now according to the State equates to "arrears". After Support Kids got through with me, I went from owing $1000 in "arrears" to over $10,000 in "arrears" to the State. Yet you claim I should be tossed in jail now because I owe over 5k? Also remember... I have paid from the moment I found out about my child. I have never stopped paying, and yet I continue to get deeper and deeper in the hole.

The system is broke. Stop the Madness.
edit on 14-9-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
[continued]

Now what makes matters even worse, the whole time you are paying Support Kids, they are not reporting your payments. So in the eyes of the State you are failing to pay Child Support which is a crime and you can be arrested for it. I can not begin to count how many times I have had various States threaten to throw me in jail for failure to pay on behalf of the State which my original Child Support Order was issued. Even though I was paying. I usually just have the Corporate Office fax over my payment history and the State making threats usually just gets out of it and does nothing to enforce, yet the Original State will continue to pursue.

When I worked in South Carolina I had the Sheriffs show up at my job, arrest me, put me in handcuffs in front of my coworkers. The ONLY reason I did not go to jail that day was because it was payday and my boss, after figuring out what was going on, went and got my paycheck and showed the Officers that my Child Support was taken directly from my check and they could look at the Year To Date column and see that I had in fact been paying as directed. They let me go, and every month or so they would come by my job to inform me that they had another arrest warrant and that I needed to get things situated.

Do not be so quick to assume that tossing people in jail for what looks black and white is a good idea. Sometimes things are not as black and white as they seem. So tossing out a blanket statement like, "If you owe over 5k in arrears you should be jailed" although sounds reasonable, may not be. Child Support issues can get very complicated.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Fathers who avoid paying any child support and those who are in arrears of $5k or more should do jail time.

Even if DNA test prove that the father isnt the father? I wouldnt pay for ANY child that isnt mine! So All a women needs is to sign some guys name on a birth certificate and poof!,hes the father,and should pay? Thats what the ops story is about ! What a BS statement.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
The system is extremely flawed, I used to work in Child Support Enforcement and it is appalling.

But, it is hard to have a lot of sympathy when the country has such a problem with broken families, single parents, and half-siblings.

Women: You all have control over whether or not you get pregnant. Do not get pregnant by random men, it is ridiculous! I talked to a woman once that knew the father of her child had 3 previous cases he was not paying on, and she just couldn't believe he wasn't paying on her case.

Men: You all have control over whether or not you get a woman pregnant. Do not get random women pregnant! It is ridiculous! I have talked to men many times that claim they never knew about the baby, and they shouldn't be liable. Well, they knew they left something behind in there, and they knew it was a good possibility, they just never thought we would catch up with them.

When adults start acting responsibly, then I will begin to have some sympathy for the situations. In the meantime, regardless of how unfair it is, at least it serves as somewhat of a deterrent for all of the irresponsible behavior. It seems people are more worried about being hit with a child support case, than they are concerned with the well-being of their own incarnation of flesh and blood.

Ridiculous.

This topic gets me angry very quickly, everyone involved is guilty, and it is a shame that the children are lost in the whole blame game.
edit on 14-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Slavery is still slavery no matter how you try to justify it. And slavery is treason against humanity as it slows our technological, spiritual and social development. If Child Support was really about the Child then the monies would be put into a special account for the child/children and used(tracked) by the Custodial parent on behalf of the Child/Children.

At current it is nothing more then forced Chivalry(enslavement of men) at the point of a gun for the benefit of White Women and to allow the continuation of the oppresment of African Americans. This fits in nicely with what both the KKK and the WKKK wanted.

The KKK wanted access to white women and black women. While the WKKK wanted superiority over average men and the right to force average men into bondage(slavery) for their benefit. Through Child Support black men are thrown in jail(allowing KKK white men easy access to black women) and WKKK white women can use child support as the sword of sword of Damascus in-order to rule over their husbands and children.

P.S
Tell the "Men have reproductive control" to all the little boy's raped by older women and to the guy who was raped when he was passed out. Tell it to the guy that was a quadriplegic and was raped by his nurse, had to pay mommy support, lost his home and ended up in a state hospital(died shortly afterwards from an infection).

Child support is more dangerous then giving birth. More men die as a result of child support and the court order impoverishment that it inflict upon men so women can get fat, then do women who die from giving birth!
edit on 15-9-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Make absolutely no mistake, this is debtors prison and the same can be said of Alimony. The state has absolutely no business telling you what is a debt and what is an obligation. There only concern is that the custodial parent stays off of state funded programs and to that extent you can follow the money.

Jailing a father because he can not only pay his own bills let alone some very flawed court outline of payments is asinine at best and flat out tyranny at worst.

The government doesn't have laws for safe sex, sexual sabotage, or anything else that can result in involuntary pregnancy's and until they do, they have no business declaring blanket laws that apply to every case.

Look at it this way, if Michael Jordan got a chicked knocked up due to whatever means, he would be indebted to her for 20% of his yearly take home pay. Why exactly is that? He makes about 200 million a year, so by knocking a random girl up he has to pay 40 million a year to "raise the kid"? Cause ya, it cost 40 million a year to raise a kid.

The state has no business running kangaroo courts about personal matters. If you wish to keep kids off of state programs, stop offering them and guess what, maybe those women will actually take birth control when they say they do. Either way, blanket law doesn't work.

Guy doesn't pay..... State jail's him. Taxpayers pay for the jail stay, mother gets no money, father loses job. Mother still on government programs.... Umm, retarded.......

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Did you not read my first post? No man (or woman) should pay a cent towards child support that is not biologically his or hers....except those children who are adopted or was concieved through IVF.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I'm 100% for debt prisons; they should exist especially for dead beat fathers and debtors. Such prisons should be set up where Govt gives them day work release so that they CAN pay back the debt or arrears in child support. Such prisons work remarkably well in Northern Europe.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I'm not going to get embroiled in personal stories this time around.

I'm suggesting an opportunity where child support arrears can be paid off without having to be thrown in among moderate to maximum security prisoners.

Child support is to assist in paying for their children's every day needs, they are: rent, utilties, food, basic clothing, medical/dental, transport and education. Anything after that is a luxury.

If anyone wants to turn their backs on their responsibilties as a parent and don't like paying child support......don't pay it! But there is a price to pay. What....you think you should get away with it? The problem is every man thinks the burden should lay soley upon the women simply because the baby grows inside HER body.

My advice I gave my sons along time ago.....if she's good enough to sleep with, she's damn well good enough to marry. If you don't want to accept the responsibility of a child, don't sleep around! If your marriage falls in to the pits.....you will share in the responsibility as a father and as man, do right by the child and the child's mother.

Strange how many ex husbands loved their wives once and for many years shared a home with her. But once the marriage fails, the ex wives become a moot. Remember, these women gave birth to YOUR child; they cooked your meals, cleaned your house & shlep, washed your clothes, nursed you when you were sick, shared your bed and had intimate relations with you. Not a chance in hell are you men going to find as good as what you married and gave birth to your children.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I"m all for fathers (and mothers) doing their part in supporting the kids!!
but the system we have is flawed!!!
before you can start taking people's driver's liscense (most people need transportation to get to work, heck some need that liscense just to work!!)...or throwing them in jail...ya, that does alot of good, doesn't it!!

well, is it too much to ask to make sure that the record keeping is accurate? that the money involved is indeed being credited to the proper account?? and well appearently, now, there's people setting up shop as middle men in the process skimming their share???

wtf!!! who is caring about the kids?? if the gov't did, well, it seems that it would make sure that the money wasn't "lost"!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Your post is way off the mark. When we are talking about Child Support, we are not talking about rape of men by women. We are talking about consensual, yet irresponsible sex between pseudo-adults. I worked in child support for a few years, and I don't believe there was ever a case of a raped male paying child support for the resulting child.

As for this

At current it is nothing more then forced Chivalry(enslavement of men) at the point of a gun for the benefit of White Women and to allow the continuation of the oppresment of African Americans. This fits in nicely with what both the KKK and the WKKK wanted.

I admitted there are plenty of problems with child support, but race isn't one of them. There are a large number of "white women" paying child support in as non-custodial parents. The custodial parents receiving payments are largely black women. There is no racial oppression in child support, although there is a large cultural difference and the black community seems to be more heavily hit by single-parent households, and multiple children from multiple father households. I won't dare to speculate as to why that happens, but it certainly is not some design of the child support system.

Forced chivalry, I can buy into that. I suppose that argument goes along the same lines as the National Healthcare argument. If we don't force the absent parent to pay, then the welfare system and tax payers wind up paying the bills instead. I am against the mandatory health insurance, and I am against the draconian collection efforts of child support enforcement, and I am also against extended public assistance benefits. For me, it all goes back to personal responsibility. As long as people think someone else will pick up the slack, then they will continue to act irresponsibly. As soon as we yank the rug out from under the whole thing, some people will suffer, and some people will step up and improve their decision making.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Is it really that hard to "man/woman up" to take care of your kids? NO! All i see is people feel they are entitled to something for getting knocked up. Its stupid. If a woman can get and abortion or give a child up for adoption without even consulting the father, then a father should be able to not have to take care of a child in any way if he so pleases. Just because you have a vagina doesn't make you any more a parent of a kid than if you have a penis. Child support laws are rediculus and should be voided all together. I have a 6 year old daughter that lives with me. Im solely responsable for her. I wouldnt trade her for anything. Im not collecting child support form her mother even though I could if i wanted. She doesnt want to be part of her daughters life and thats her decision. Good riddance to bad rubbish is what i say. You will never see me playing a victim though. To me it makes people look pathetic. You dont really have to put forth too much effort to make something of yourself.

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

First of all I don't think anybody that is on the government dole should EVER recieve child support...why?
Well common sense these people already pay into the system that is Supposedly covering those on the government dole so WTH should they be forced to pay to that government system TWICE? Talk about TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join