It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you sick of the stupid predictions that waste valuable space on ATS? Here is the solution.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

...i read your entire post... read the entire thread as well... i replied very nicely, considering what i really wanted to tell you about your whine and your idea to change ats because you are such a busy and important person that you dont have time to waste on filtering thru inaccurate self-serving junk (your whine thread excluded, of course)...

....happy now?... good... that makes two of us...

I see a lot of this on ATS recently.

CAN YOU OR CAN YOU NOT SEE HOW THIS MIGHT BE BENEFICIAL? Yes or No?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Isnt there an unflag option already?
Yeah let me re-state that: There should be an anti-flag option, where if a thread is so clearly just fear-mongering nonsense, you can give it negative one flag rather than just unflagging it four days later when it's already been on the front page.

Maybe that's a little harsh, but those failed predictions are a waste of everyones time.

This isnt about unflagging i dont care about the post per say im saying we need to track the poster that's making the claim. credibility is what it all boils down to. why should one poster be more credible than another? Well for one if someone make a prediction and they have been right in the past i will take it into consideration if another poster makes a prediction and they have been wrong on numerous times in the past well chances are they will be wrong again. How is that a bad thing? I still haven't seen one argument for why its a bad thing?
I don't really see one specific person posting fear-mongering prediction threads, it's really quite a large number of people IMO. People see something that looks concerning, so they post it here, and this being a conspiracy site lots of people take it seriously and before you know it another failed prediction is as you said "wasting valuable space on ATS".
edit on 10-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Isnt there an unflag option already?
Yeah let me re-state that: There should be an anti-flag option, where if a thread is so clearly just fear-mongering nonsense, you can give it negative one flag rather than just unflagging it four days later when it's already been on the front page.

This isnt about unflagging i dont care about the post per say im saying we need to track the poster that's making the claim. credibility is what it all boils down to. why should one poster be more credible than another? Well for one if someone make a prediction and they have been right in the past i will take it into consideration if another poster makes a prediction and they have been wrong on numerous times in the past well chances are they will be wrong again. How is that a bad thing? I still haven't seen one argument for why its a bad thing?
I don't really see one specific person posting fear-mongering prediction threads, it's really quite a large number of people IMO. People see something that looks concerning, so they post it here, and this being a conspiracy site lots of people take it seriously and before you know it another failed prediction is as you said "wasting valuable space on ATS".

That is a brilliant idea. a negative flag option has this been discussed with mods? it would certainly help balance things out a bit.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

That is a brilliant idea. a negative flag option has this been discussed with mods? it would certainly help balance things out a bit.
I think people were discussing something like this earlier and that's why the Unflag option was added...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Mate....I don't care either way. Perhaps you might like to correspond with the ATS management and ask them!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Mate....I don't care either way. Perhaps you might like to correspond with the ATS management and ask them!

i actually might do that

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

im saying we need to track the poster that's making the claim. I still haven't seen one argument for why its a bad thing?

gee how shall i put this?

back in nazi germany, they made the jews wear these armbands, so jews could be identified with ease, before that in some parts they made them wear these pointy hats, san benitos they were called...

getting the picture?

or do i need to provide pics?

prescience is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay complicated thing.

does the prophet predict a future?
or does the prophet create a future?

does the prophet need a certain amount of believers?

some crazy snakes might start squirming around in somebody's head, probably as a result of some chemical imbalance, said somebody posts it here, glp, or where ever,

it goes viral

winds up here, you click on the link to check it out....

and that tips the scales.

that crazy prediction which started out as 100% BS suddenly quantizes into consensus reality,as the probability of it occurring becomes 100% as a result of your being seamlessly hooked-up into the collective hive-mind that powers what i call:

The Fear Machine

i saw a thread like that here once, not gonna link or anything but if my suspicions revolving that thread are true it was a thread that went totally out of control and was nearly magically hijacked in order to create some serious

DOOM

i'm no snitch, but on that occasion i was seriously considering and composing a request to moderators to close that thread down NOW, with a detailed explanation of the Occultic/Magickal significance of what might happen if enough people watched a video that was posted therein, after having been exposed to that thread.

the posters posts were all deleted all of a sudden, so i can still say that i'm no snitch

in ancient times they had a way to filter false prophets, if their predictions failed they were killed.

here's your 3rd red flag [joke]

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

im saying we need to track the poster that's making the claim. I still haven't seen one argument for why its a bad thing?

gee how shall i put this?

back in nazi germany, they made the jews wear these armbands, so jews could be identified with ease, before that in some parts they made them wear these pointy hats, san benitos they were called...

getting the picture?

or do i need to provide pics?

prescience is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay complicated thing.

does the prophet predict a future?
or does the prophet create a future?

does the prophet need a certain amount of believers?

some crazy snakes might start squirming around in somebody's head, probably as a result of some chemical imbalance, said somebody posts it here, glp, or where ever,

it goes viral

winds up here, you click on the link to check it out....

and that tips the scales.

that crazy prediction which started out as 100% BS suddenly quantizes into consensus reality,as the probability of it occurring becomes 100% as a result of your being seamlessly hooked-up into the collective hive-mind that powers what i call:

The Fear Machine

i saw a thread like that here once, not gonna link or anything but if my suspicions revolving that thread are true it was a thread that went totally out of control and was nearly magically hijacked in order to create some serious

DOOM

i'm no snitch, but on that occasion i was seriously considering and composing a request to moderators to close that thread down NOW, with a detailed explanation of the Occultic/Magickal significance of what might happen if enough people watched a video that was posted therein, after having been exposed to that thread.

the posters posts were all deleted all of a sudden, so i can still say that i'm no snitch

in ancient times they had a way to filter false prophets, if their predictions failed they were killed.

here's your 3rd red flag [joke]

red flags are for predictions your going to have to give me negative flags,

regardless i do agree about the influence of people and how they cam be manipulated. I dont know about magic and esoteric influences as much as i have a curious stance on all things metaphysical its a very insubstantial science. That aside im not asking people who make predictions to all be red flagged only the ones whose predictions dont come true. Spreading fear and paranoia should not be tolerated on this site. Considering the already unstable mental states of quite a few of the membership on here. They are an easy source of manipulation. What im suggesting is to empower those who are easily influenced by given them more information about the posters credibility. And lets be honest all you have online is your word.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
lol.

see what i mean?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I predict that this thread won't make it past 7 pages.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I happen to like that forum i find it interesting and i think alot of other people do also ..Some of the prophecys and predictions are a bit out there but i dont feel its fair to say these people are mental patients and running low on meds or there wasting valuable space with there predictions all i can say to you op is have a open mind ..Peace,sugarcookie1

When I read your post (I laughed)....because I totally agree. Also....if some people don't like the predictions on ATS..the solution is simple....just don't read them.

I believe any member has the right to write whatever they want...as long as they stay within the T&C's of ATS.

What they have to say...may not be important to you...but it is to them.

I say ...try and have more of an open mind, tolerance and compassion.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
...those and the relationship threads, those get old too. I like the idea of a reputation system instead of just stars.
Jeez i had one fart predict an aftershock and it cam true but i didnt have to have a thread for it

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I predict no one will listen to you and we're all going to die someday anyway

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Agreed to an extent

I think the best way to keep the fanatical post on the down low is to just ignore them. More often than not I see one of these threads pop up, quickly followed by multiple pages of bashing and arguing. What happens when a post gets all of this attention?? It goes straight to the top of our Live feed, which is one of my favorite features on this site, and I like many of you can't stand senseless clutter.

Typically the threads get shut down after a day of bashing due to the multiple ATS infractions that ensue, but the spot it retains during this time keeps threads with valuable information out of the spotlight.

With that said this is a conspiracy sight, some threads need to be taken with a grain of salt, there is no need to get worked up over something that trully requires ZERO attention. Just my .02, but I completely agree with your rant.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Isn't that just putting strict rules and censorship on members who genuinely believe something is gonna happen just because you personally don't like reading such things?

Better and easier scenario would be to just not go to any section of ATS or read any thread that mentions a prediction.

What next, a user points system for anybody who proves the existence of alien life because somebody is sick of the talk about aliens and such?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Hmm....

Now I wanna know what the thread was, what the video involved and see it for myself.

Care to link to sate my curiosity here please?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I find it quite pathetic that *you* start a post concerning people's predictions and how it irritates you. Your idea to stop it...ridiculous.

**KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID**

If you don't like the prediction post... stay away from the forum. Keep it on BLOCK. You do know how to ignore someone right? You do know how to click on that little X right?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!~ someone started a post I don't like... waa waa waa..what should I do?

geeshhhh rme RIDICULOUS!!! hahah~

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Not really because I like to study predictions... I actually like to see if some get them right and at least one did, about the Japan Earthquake...so if you're like me and like to expand your knowledge of how much of a percentage of the time a prediction is right vs when it is wrong and you're seeking to prove psychic ability, then these threads are of interest to you, if not, then why bother with them at all?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

everything is propaganda and arguing.

Sorry...couldn't help it.

I agree some posts and threads are not that great, but also, there are some really STELLAR ones as well.
Any 'system' is open to gaming/hacking/manipulating etc..

Perhaps insead of trying to flag/unflag people, we could simply have an 'ignore posts by' function.
That way, one person isn't becoming glorified while'st the other becomes ostrisized.
If the data base then shows XX percent of members ignoring a certain member, the mods could decide if action is required.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Come back with the lotto numbers if you are from the future please!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join