It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you sick of the stupid predictions that waste valuable space on ATS? Here is the solution.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
CAN YOU OR CAN YOU NOT SEE HOW THIS MIGHT BE BENEFICIAL?

...you yelling (typing in caps) and being rude to those who dont agree with you makes you look lots worse than the people you're complaining about...

...re: your rudely asked question - my previous posts have already addressed that...

...whats really behind your idea?... you couldve posted your idea in the board business & questions forum - but - we dont get stars on that forum... could that have anything to do with your rant?... maybe...

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
All im saying is reward the good and punish the bad.

...imo, your responses to those who dont care for your idea clearly indicate that you couldnt handle your idea if it negatively affected your own posts...

...i'll go away now and leave you to your "whatever" but heres one last attempt at making you a bit less miserable...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I haven't read past page 1 - but the key here to stop these threads appearing on the 1st page for any more than 5 minutes is to NOT REPLY TO THEM - AT ALL.
Don't claim the OP is off topic
Don't claim the OP has no proof
A thread with only the OP on it will disappear quicker than you can say boo....
So there you go - if you don't like these threads - which seems to be most people - then don't encourage them through participation.
Eventually people who post these threads will stop doing so knowing they don't even get 1 person asking for proof, etc etc. There is no other way of dealing with this really.
However - it requires everyone who feels this way to do this...no matter how tempting it is to get on there and call the OP out for his/her claims.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
something like that could be used to destroy people saying something a lot of people mighten like. truth hurts and all that jazz.

dont like the idea. just dont read it if you dont like or go and take the p1ss out of it.

as crazier as some are it gives great insight into how some people think.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Now you are going to think that this is crazy but I think I figured something out..stay with me here.. what if I only change the rules in my life, make the rules so they only apply to myself. .. instead of trying to make rules for the world so that they may submit to my will...I know, crazy idea. But what if I just let them be, can it work? Crazy I know.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I find it quite pathetic that *you* start a post concerning people's predictions and how it irritates you. Your idea to stop it...ridiculous.

**KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID**

If you don't like the prediction post... stay away from the forum. Keep it on BLOCK. You do know how to ignore someone right? You do know how to click on that little X right?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!~ someone started a post I don't like... waa waa waa..what should I do?

geeshhhh rme RIDICULOUS!!! hahah~

And here we have another brilliant example of someone with the attention span of a gold fish.

I dont visit the dam prediction forums genius, my contention is that people that start these stupid prediction threads every time someone farts about the end of the world and a pointless debate ensues that carries to the front page of ATS live feed. Since the live feed is based on activity and not actual quality of content it drowns out legitimate threads, Thats right threads I feel are legitimate not fairytale nonsense. You want to make a prediction fine back it up with logical facts and hard science. Im sick of the dam sky falling every week on here.

Stop wasting time with comets we cant stop and all other things out of our control and focus on things we can.

If you choose to believe me or not the reality is that there are professional pranksters working at ATS. Take it from someone who has been here long enough to spot the trends.
edit on 13-9-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
Now you are going to think that this is crazy but I think I figured something out..stay with me here.. what if I only change the rules in my life, make the rules so they only apply to myself. .. instead of trying to make rules for the world so that they may submit to my will...I know, crazy idea. But what if I just let them be, can it work? Crazy I know.

Peace

Its called psychosis you should see a doctor about it. We are constantly polluted by other peoples ideas an opinions and i for one am sick of people claiming the world is going to end ever fortnight. You can make all the rules you want for yourself but reality is based on consensus so unless you're on a planet with a population of YOU, your rules dont mean a dam thing to anybody. including yourself.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reality is based on consensus

Tells me everything I need to know about you and anything you may EVER wish to contribute to anything or anyone on this Earth.

I will not waste my time with further response.

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5

reality is based on consensus

Tells me everything I need to know about you and anything you may EVER wish to contribute to anything or anyone on this Earth.

I will not waste my time with further response.

Peace

Amazing! I find it astounding in your inability to observe even the basic tenets of the world you live in. Is your ego that inflated you think you can not be influenced by other people and their ideas? You are constantly bombarded with information since you were born. And unless you were born with the exact same personality you have now you have evolved to this personality based on years of experience. You are the sum of your experiences. Its a feed back loop system of information in and out that cycles through the ages some times harmoniously and sometimes dis harmoniously. The how and why of the changing dynamic is a metaphysical question that would require a descriptive language i still have not grasped yet. but suffice to say i can visualize it and do understand it. For you to assume that the collective consciousness of the human race has no bearing on your view of reality shows to me just how far behind the eight ball YOU are.

As i said the only time YOU are the maker of rules is when you are dreaming and even then it takes a lot of practice to fully have complete dream control. When awake your bubble of influence is only as big or small as your charisma. Which is why people with power are called INFLUENTIAL!!!! The goal of the elite is to control your mind so they can focus all aspects of creativity and bring into reality whatever they wish and make you think thats what you wanted all along. Its called marketing, i should know i work for a marketing company. I have seen first hand how people are manipulated there are techniques. Your perception of reality is yours to choose my friend but remember this. We manifest what we desire, so be weary of your thoughts they have more power than you can imagine (pun intended)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You want the board to run your way, but son, things just do not work that way, your not that special.

I, for example am tired of people posting rants about things they cannot change and know they can't.

If people hated predictions as much as you say they do, it would die out but it seems quite the opposite.

Stop crying about it, stop slamming people who tell you to move on and go and make your own board so you can run it as you like too.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju

You want the board to run your way, but son, things just do not work that way, your not that special.

I, for example am tired of people posting rants about things they cannot change and know they can't.

If people hated predictions as much as you say they do, it would die out but it seems quite the opposite.

Stop crying about it, stop slamming people who tell you to move on and go and make your own board so you can run it as you like too.

So your quite happy to come here day in and day out and see pages upon pages of the same old nonsense that has been PROVEN to be false clogging up this site? I though this site was called above top secret not the world is going to end..again.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

When it gets redundant I just ignore the post, there is much on here to keep me busy.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

When it gets redundant I just ignore the post, there is much on here to keep me busy.

Its hard to ignore when its plastered on the front page day in and day out. I have no problem in people believing in something that might destroy the world. But you would think they would learn after the first 10000 times it didnt happen.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Again some of the post monkeys here amuse me, and you never know, one day someone might be right, I do feel that this world will end, I just do not believe that a human know exactly when, thats up to God/Yahweh/Supreme Being yadda yadda yadda

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Again some of the post monkeys here amuse me, and you never know, one day someone might be right, I do feel that this world will end, I just do not believe that a human know exactly when, thats up to God/Yahweh/Supreme Being yadda yadda yadda

Well obviously the world is going to end. It ends a thousand times a day every time someone dies. Lets be honest when you die so does your world. This planet will keep tuning till the sun expires. The human race...meh who knows. Im just over hearing about it. If its going to happen on the scale these clowns are predicting there is nothing we can do about it anyway so who cares. Why not focus on what we can effect. Like not killing the planet with toxic pollution and all the other thousand ways we are killing ourselves.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join