It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you sick of the stupid predictions that waste valuable space on ATS? Here is the solution.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
As we get closer to 2012 and as the US economy is starting to wind down and the normally well medicated mental patients are running low on meds, It would seem these is an influx of all sorts in wild and fantastic prediction. From alien disclosure to comets and planets and all other manner of insanity.

Well i for one am sick of it and sometimes there are the usual suspects to keep rehashing the same strategy.

First of all i dont have anything against people making prediction, by all means put your balls out there and your money where your mouth is. If your that confident something will happen then you better risk your repuation on it because at the end of the day thats all you have online.

Everybody is sick of the boy who keeps crying wolf on here.

So whats my proposition? i suggest all memberships should have a reputation count one that goes up and down based on content and quality of post. If there is a repeat offender of false prophecies we as users of this forum should be able to red flag a user as a deranged lunatic or a bored prankster.

If on the other hand someone who makes predictions come true they should be rewarded with a green flag for predictions. And we should be able to see who has red flagged and green flagged a persons predictions. transparency for all.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Amen, this is madness. I've heard so many predictions that haven't came true, I can make a list. Especially when you go back and forth with conspiracy websites and the predictions never get any saner.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Maybe just a one-stop-general topic location/forum for ALL the predicitions. That way we we dont have to be troubled seeing the topics in the headlines if we dont want to.? Our interest gets peaked with the subject lines and then we are disappointed.

Im sure many here agree with you that its more than just "well...dont read the thread if you dont want to".

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

On the other hand you would have someone red flag you just because they didn't agree with you.
Who is to determine the quality of a post?
Doesn't seem like it would work.

You have been red flagged.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
At least they are more interesting than hearing about Obama or U.S politics.
talk about wasting valuable space ,

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
AMEN!!

Those post titles that claim some major happening in a day, or a month, or specific date...Psht...I don't even open any longer...

What is the point? NON!! There is no person, group, or religion, that can tell you a day, time, or event, ahead of schedule. They have all proved themselves "False profits" (so to speak).

I watch the weather, quakes, storms, flooding, world events, economy, UFO claims, news across the globe...I don't need a person, or organization to tell me a date, event or time (that wont come true).

Done, sick of it, had enough....I opt out of those threads.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think i like the prophecy and prediction threads so i have to disagree. Some of them have come true, and they make for a entertaining read. I have a open mind to these things. Its not impossible to predict events. Through dreams or scientific evidence, it has been done. japan earthquake being one. don't be hating
edit on 9-9-2011 by nyancat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

On the other hand you would have someone red flag you just because they didn't agree with you.
Who is to determine the quality of a post?
Doesn't seem like it would work.

You have been red flagged.

The red flag and green flag only applies to predictions and prophecies and will only be active when you post in the predictions and prophecies forums. people replying to posts cant be red or green flagged only the OP. And since i dont make predictions as i dont believe anybody can predict the future your flags dont apply to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
to be honest the stupid predictions are the only thing interesting at this point.

everything else is propaganda and arguing.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've heard the Rapture mentioned for every day of the year. This stuff just makes you crazier, gets you stressed and the next thing you know you're insane.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Nothing you say can remove that red flag.
Now you have 2 Red Flags.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyancat
I think i like the prophecy and prediction threads so i have to disagree. Some of them have come true, and they make for a entertaining read. I have a open mind to these things. Its not impossible to predict events. Through dreams or scientific evidence, it has been done. japan earthquake being one. don't be hating

As stated in my OP IF and IF the prediction comes through the member should be rewarded with a green flag so people will take his/her predictions more seriously. Its just that there is so much garbage posts in regards to predictions the forums are sturated and we might be missing out on people who might have insider info.

All im saying is reward the good and punish the bad.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
prediction threads are fine with me, but only if they have solid connections to whats going on and have a scientific basis of possibility, if everthing ties in then it is just a case of wait and see.

it's the ones that have no basis or explaintion on how it could even happen other than someones say so or a mediums gut feeling that annoy me more, but they may be interesting to others so i don't complain.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

How dare you! I have taken my medications. All the pets are fed and resting.

I had a chance and a few minutes to reflect on my life today. Always wanted to be a part of something important. I remember when I flunked out of high school and went to juvenile detention. Tried to get my GED and failed. Then I was framed my the police and after a short while was released on probation. I have been in and out of rehab ever since. The Elenin/Nibiru story caught my attention. Take care--------------------------

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
True true maybe ATS needs a intuition meter.
Have it go +/- on whether people post things to come true or not and then the people can rate other peoples intuition

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Nothing you say can remove that red flag.
Now you have 2 Red Flags.

cool thanks, you now have a brown flag for being a troll and thread derailer.

Back on topic ATS should be entertainment as a side effect. Its sad we have such a massive membership with so much knowledge and its wasted on some of the most stupidest threads on here. We shouldnt have to sift through garbage to get to the nuggets of gold the quality posts should be the standard.

ATS is becoming like the mainstream news with all sorts of useless crap being put on the front page and all the really important stuff being pushed to the backwoods. When we start talking about celebrities and sports on here i know we are finished. thank god that hasnt happened yet.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
ATS needs intuition meter
that will sort out those false prophets

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

This thread was never on the tracks.
Also, You never answered my question.

I do think we need some type of system to weed the crazies out.
All I said was, what you suggested wouldn't work.
I disagree with you and that makes me a "troll" and "thread derailer".

edit on 9-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

And since i dont make predictions as i dont believe anybody can predict the future

Seeing that you don't believe, why visit the predictions threads in the first place?

I personally enjoy this section. Some of these predictions are very entertaining even if they never come true.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

This thread was never on the tracks.
Also, You never answered my question.

Are you referring to who will judge the quality of the posts?

Well if you make a thread saying the world will end next week and it doesnt then you red flagged. you can only flag once and you can change your vote at anytime but only registered members can vote and only for predictions. the star and flag is in place for quality of sourced articles and personal articles but there is nothing specific for serial predictors.

Im just trying to help clean up some of the mess on here. If you like rolling around in filth thats your business,

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join