It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials confirm 'credible but unconfirmed' 9/11 threat

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I can assure you the only guys laughing are the White House, they get a kick out fear mongering people; fact is, it's no longer working any more.

People worldwide have wised up to false flag attacks and threats. The latest allegation is Al Qaeda....um ahhhhhh is that Islamic or middle class white American? For all we know it might be afew Mexican drug cartels running between borders, an ex veteran on disability or even an ex fireman from 9/11 stricken with cancer who can't get decent healthcare.

Homeland Security tells everyone to be more vigilant.....but have no specifics nor confirmation. Yep, that sounds about right.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
*Puts on flame hat*

I hope something happens...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
"Credible but Unconfirmed"

What is that even supposed to mean?

"Real but Fake"

"Sure but Unsure"

"Going to Scare You With Threats; Without Providing Evidence"

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Yep, thats the jest of it.....

It's now Sept 10th @4pm in Australia.......

should the Americans worry about Sept 11th 2011 ? That's in our date form 11.9.11 or even 9.11.11?

You know how some ATS members worry about that number 11 or was it 13, or 9 or 7 ?
Oh I give up! LOL

edit on 10-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Stay tuned for a false flag attack folks. This is bogus as they come from our wanna be dictators. This is just another scare tactic to take more rights away and have you sheeple beg our criminal government to protect you.
Bad thing is, they won't protect you and want you all dead.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Threats really do exist.

According to British State Security Service MI5, 4,000 British Muslims have recieved military training from the Taliban and the fear is that they have plans to launch terrorist attacks abroad.

MI5 has estimated that up to 4,000 British Muslims had travelled to Pakistan and, before the fall of the Taliban, to Afghanistan for military training.

The main concern until now has been about the parts some of them had played in terrorist plots in the UK.

Now there are signs that they are mounting missions against British and Western targets abroad.

www.independent.co.uk...

If the UK has 4,000 British Muslims trained by the Taliban, how difficult would it be for some of them to attack the US or elsewhere?

British passport holders don't even need a visa to enter the US.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have no link but CNN is now reporting that the name of one of the three suspects is now known...don't know if that has been posted here yet as I haven't read the entire thread but that is mildly interesting if one assumed as I did that this was an exaggerated response to a non existent threat...
edit on Sat, 10 Sep 2011 09:39:16 -0500 by MemoryShock because: Edit to add - I meant Eyewitness News...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Crakeur

Unless the threat is credible, and the security works, and the supposed threat is thwarted, or redirected to Detroit, or some other Midwest city.

That is the thing, these cells have been dormant and are just as likely to strike where the feds least expect it, maybe Omaha Nebraska, Phoenix Arizona, Little Rock Arkansas... If or when they carry out large scale attacks it would be more likely to happen in cities like these, not in NYC, or Washington DC where security is extremely high.

Why does everyone assume it will be NYC?

Do they really have to attack there, when the impact on the economy would be as bad, or worse by striking cities in heartland America?

No place is safe... There may be small attacks in NYC perpetrated by radicals, or unaffiliated extremists... Those who are likely planning attacks and living, working among us now you'd never suspect.

New York'ers are likely more safe than they may be willing to believe, at least from a major, devastating attack.

The most dangerous assumption, would be one that no one will attack us.

Since no one can know when, where, or how... Fear is as pointless as assumptions.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

NYC is a bigger message. Hitting Topeka, while tragic, is not going to garner international attention like another attack here.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't think anything will happen tomorrow.

It would make more sense (to a terrorist) to attack another date, when people aren't expecting anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

NYC is a bigger message. Hitting Topeka, while tragic, is not going to garner international attention like another attack here.

I agree, but the message that they can carry out attacks in any city in America would have major impact, not only that, but it would be easier for them to pull off.

We're not talking rogue terrorists here with truck bombs, but state sponsored terrorist cells planning something much more devastating. Do you believe the stock markets reactions would be any different, if a major and devastating series of attacks happened in any of the cities I named?

It's all speculation at this point... But there is some evidence that over the past few years they have been entering the country posing as illegal Mexican immigrants... which means they could be anywhere now.

They may want to attack NYC, and maybe they will, on a smaller scale... Regardless of where, when or how.. The intent and message will be no less devastating... IMO

This in a way reminds me of people who move from a city because they have experienced natural disasters, and relocated to a place where it is said to never happen... Then it does!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I would imagine it would be harder to pull off a smaller scale attack such as the one they are warning us about in a smaller town. Less people, they know each other, they spot strangers etc.

Of course, to me, the single scariest thing they can do would be suicide bombers in various locations around the city. Easy to pull off and by far more terrifying than a plane or a truck bomb.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There is a very clear and present 'reason' why the USA has not, and will not attack Iran.

The above is exactly how Iran will retaliate.... And they have a lot of help from their allies.

No profiling of immigrates will be tolerated... Move along now... Nothing to see here, nothing to fear. As long as Iran is left alone.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I would imagine it would be harder to pull off a smaller scale attack such as the one they are warning us about in a smaller town. Less people, they know each other, they spot strangers etc.

You should see the problems the cities I named are having with immigrants, especially illegals.... Strangers?

How many strip malls in Little Rock are owned by Iranians?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

but, in smaller towns, you recognize people more easily because you see less of them in a day. I can live a lifetime in NYC and never see more than 95% of the people here.

thus, a few terrorists would be hard as hell to spot whereas, in a smaller town or city, people are more likely to say "hey, that dude doesn't look familiar and there's a warning about an attack, I think I'll alert the police"

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

How many strip malls in Little Rock are owned by Iranians?

In the town I presently live the local Taco-Bell [in a very conservative predominantly white area] is owned and operated by an "Iranian" immigrant [Nicest guy you'd ever want to meet] He makes an effort to get to know his costumers and fellow local business owners and is a fine upstanding member of the community.

He makes the effort
That's all it takes
edit on 10-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Cities with populations from 500,000 to 1,000,000 or more are more diverse that you may assume... Not towns, cities, all across the country... Then you have to consider the surrounding communities of these cities... Many with military and government facilities... NYC and DC may be attractive targets.. But there are many others that can be targeted... And likely are.

These people could be living and working in any US city, and may never raise any red flags.

The war on terror has been a failure, one that will be more than apparent eventually... In my opinion of course.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'm not saying there are no immigrants in smaller cities. I'm saying there's a greater amount of familiarity with your neighbors and the inhabitants of those small town. see the post above yours. He knows the owner of a local taco bell. I don't even know the faces of the all the people that live in my building.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Familiarity, and being an upstanding member of a community could never be a result of sophisticated planning and training for foreign based, state sponsored, operatives with the goal to infiltrate and await further orders... Nah, that never happens right?

I see what you are saying, but never underestimate any enemy... ever. That will prove a very dangerous mistake.

The USA is easy to get into, opportunities for immigrants are abundant and they are everywhere, with more coming in regularly... Legally and illegally... They can fit in, within any community.. You'd likely never suspect them.

But, of course... This is all completely, impossible... Right?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I don't disagree but the threat we are talking about involves 3 men who came to the states recently. They'd blend right into a city like NY but they'd stick out in a smaller town.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join