It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials confirm 'credible but unconfirmed' 9/11 threat

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Not if 2 of them are American.

I come from an extremely small town in the Midwest, and 2 Americans and 1 Pakistani could drive a U-haul truck into the middle of town without raising an eyebrow, especially in this age of political correctness. Even the police are afraid to "profile" anyone, and the police in a small town are more hesitant, because they are the most oft accused.

Plus, in my opinion, a blow in the heart of America is much more devastating to our pride and security than a blow to NYC. For those of us in small-town America, we halfway expect things to happen in NY and LA, but we don't think it could ever come home to us.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I don't disagree but the threat we are talking about involves 3 men who came to the states recently. They'd blend right into a city like NY but they'd stick out in a smaller town.

Maybe they will go back home to their small town and wait this one out for a while longer?

It isn't these rogue terrorists we should be worried about here, that is my ultimate point here I guess... This alleged credible threat is the result of intelligence most likely gathered in Pakistan, and perhaps from the trustworthy
ISI... Latest word is that these alleged terrorists may actually still be in Europe.

The only reason this is creating a fuss is because our massive US intelligence community can't be sure, and thought it was a good idea to alert the public, just in case.

These 3 are ones that raised red flags, what about the potential thousands that are already here and have not?

Our government is overreacting, and paranoid... They should be, because they don't have a clue... Apparently.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
For some reason, I cannot believe that there is any real 'terror plot' at all.

I think that this is too keep it fresh in our memories (keep us on edge) and mostly to create new opportunities to re-open the conversation about the Official Story.

New opportunities to 'fix' the lies.....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...[/ url]

Jude Kenan Mohammad born in Flordia and lived in North Carolina and was charged with terror charges but left the country and moved to Pakistan with his father but was arrested there in a tribal area for having a dagger. And his plot was for a 10 year anniversary attack.

[url]http://www.globaljihad.net/view_page.asp?id=1648

en.wikipedia.org...

www.investigativeproject.org...
edit on 10-9-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
www.dailymail.co.uk...

That is a good read... Exposes some of the ineptness of the FBI and others in the intelligence community.. While attempting to cover it up, and their collective ass.

All of this focus on One of three... and maybe one particular "cell" ..

It isn't what the feds know that should worry you... It is what they don't.

edit on 10-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Heres a quote of a post I made in another thread. And it shows how our government many times are our own worst enemies when it comes to security. And how many of these guys want revenge now?

Originally posted by JBA2848
And how about all those people from Iraq that were brought here to the US because they helped our military in some way during the war in Iraq. What have they been up to.

Federal officials said Thursday they've busted a drug trafficking ring involving Mexico's most powerful cartel and members of an Iraqi immigrant community in the U.S. who were caught selling illegal drugs, assault rifles, grenades and homemade explosives.

About 60 people from the Iraqi community were arrested after a six-month investigation carried out by the Drug Enforcement Administration and police in the city of El Cajon, a working-class city east of San Diego.

Many of the suspects are Iraqi Chaldeans - Christians who fled their homeland amid threats from al-Qaida and other extremists. Police say at least some of those arrested are suspected of being affiliated with the Chaldean Organized Crime Syndicate, an Iraqi gang based in Detroit.

Authorities say the suspects were working out of an Iraqi social club in El Cajon and shipping drugs supplied by Mexico's powerful Sinaloa cartel to Detroit, home to the largest Chaldean population in the United States, according to the federal indictment unsealed Thursday. El Cajon has the second largest Chaldean population.

Seems they are doing the same thing they did in Iraq. Just remeber when the CIA looks for a way to sneek into a country they go through the drug trades. They already have a underground system for smuggling. The CIA just changes what the package is to deliver. And when they are brought back to the US because they helped what do you think they will do besides what they did all thier lives?

www.borderlandbeat.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If they bombed Homeland Security offices would anybody care? Sometimes I think terrorism is what you use against your own people ala v for vendetta and 1984. Otherwise you would want governments to fear, not the people. You would bomb their embassy or something.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi
If they bombed Homeland Security offices would anybody care? Sometimes I think terrorism is what you use against your own people ala v for vendetta and 1984. Otherwise you would want governments to fear, not the people. You would bomb their embassy or something.

yup, the Enemy of the Police State (USA) is the People.

remember 9/11, nearly 3,000 people died at the Towers,

but conveniently no one at all died from the plane that allegedly pierced through the Pentagon.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

what killed the 125 people who died at the Penagon that morning?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by ignant

what killed the 125 people who died at the Penagon that morning?

Doesn't count, that was a self-inflicted wound... Dude, you're on ATS .... remember?

The only truth here, can only be accepted if it is fully endorsed by the 'Movement'

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ahh just homeland , gov "family" ( HA) making the sandman "Think" they "Might" know "If" he is up to no good.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
so nothing at all happend then?

Im jacks lack of surprise.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

there's still one white budget van that was stolen and has, as of today, not been accounted for. they already said they'll be cutting back on the security, starting tomorrow. That sounds like a foolish move.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

One thing for sure, if it were terrorists behind this, and they passed up the shot at a Giants/Redskins game, then they are the dumbest terrorists I've ever heard of.

I'm like you, I don't think we should let our guard down, just because the date passed, but then again, I don't think we were ever under any foreign threat to begin with.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

based on the security measures I've seen, I firmly believe that the threat is real in the eyes of the Mayor and the police. They'd never tie this city up like they have as a means of scaring the rest of the nation. It cost a fortune in overtime and it kept tons of people out of the city the last couple of days.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Dont get me wrong im very glad theres been no dirty bomb attacks, the rumours getting everyone scared perhaps needlessly is not cool.

I hope they find that van empty and abandoned.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

well, it seems as if the security measures are gone. Last night, on my walk home through Times Square, the traffic checkpoints were gone but there was one Hercules Team there, machine guns in hand but that was it.

This morning, the bridge traffic (I live near one of the city's many bridges) was back to normal.

So, if they're really here, and they were playing cautious, they now will see that the risk of detection has diminished and they can get back to the jihad at hand

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I have to agree.
I think the whole threat was bs and I found it extremely ironic that the alert came in right after Obama's speech.
What better way to reach the masses when millions of people are all tuned in at the same time.
One must admit that it was brilliant...but it's getting old .

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

They are not there, never were... In my opinion.

They will disappear now, likely somewhere in Europe, as their identities are compromised, they can't join existing cells now and go into hiding... Consider them the ones that got away.

If there is war in the Middle East, If Israel and/or the USA launch strikes on Iran, or use a war with Turkey as a back door to war with Iran, the existing cells in the USA will launch the attacks the Iranian leaders have long warned of... Not just in the USA..

Yeah, sounds completely crazy, doesn't it?

Hope that it is!

China would love to see the USA involved in another war, and of course come to our rescue in the aftermath of the attacks... Israel just wants Iran destroyed, one way or the other.

Not if but... when?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join