It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The problem is gay people want the religious to sanctify their "marriage".

Is there a problem with wanting something? I want to be a millionaire. Do you have a problem with that?

IF

(and that's a big if) gay people want religion to sanctify their marriage, religion can just say 'no'.
Problem solved.

They're not content to be gay and stay out of church. A sin is a sin, and the bible declares homosexual actions are sins.

So, the churches are filled with people who never sin? Sinners aren't welcome in church? Only the perfectly sin-free like yourself?

Are you unable to grasp that churches should not promote sin or sanctify what's clearly wrong to their scriptures? Churches which do this are whores.

May I ask somthing?

Yes? Good.

How can a church be a whore O.o

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Most gay people will not try to repent.

How do you know the intricacies of "most gay people's" relationship with God? How do you know their prayer conversations?

Who are you to JUDGE???

The Christian religion preaches not just forgiveness but repentance too.

Luke 5:30-32

And the Pharisees and their scribes grumbled at his disciples, saying, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?” 31 And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.

If you think being gay is a sin AND you follow the religious dogma you spew, then you would OPEN up the church to gay people in hopes that JESUS will call them for repentance. That's what a real Christian would do. After reading your posts, I have the opinion that you do not follow Christ at all, but USE religion as a weapon to exercise your bigotry. Your grandiose claims that you know the mind of God and are prepared to do his judging for him flies in the face of the religion you wield like a mighty sword, with which to slay people YOU have judged to be "sinners"... :shk: I'd like to be a fly on the wall when your God asks you who you think you are to try to do his job...

Excuse me but you seem to have no clue. Scripture speaks against homosexuality, and the churches are warned to stick with tradition and not mingle with fashions of the time. Jesus said we must be even more righteous than pharisees, and John wrote if we keep sinning we must repent and keep God's commandments. Tell me, do most gays repent, or do they insist that committing homosexual actions are not sins? I said most, not all. If you do not repent and lead a life of restraining your passions how can you claim to be born-again? I think you will be surprised at the multitude who go to hell for committing mortal sins without repentance. Even boasters and drunkards and fornicators will not inherit the kingdom.
edit on 27-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

reply to post by ELEVATOR7

The problem is gay people want the religious to sanctify their "marriage". They're not content to be gay and stay out of church. A sin is a sin, and the bible declares homosexual actions are sins. Why can't they leave religion out of it if they refuse to repent? Rather they try to twist scripture to have freedom from the calls to repentance.

I know many heterosexuals who have been wed even though they are not virgins. According to the Bible, this "sin inside the sanctity of marriage" is addressed in full as a stoneable offense and an unforgivable sin. However, it never mentions gay people being married.... at all... ever.

You bring up the same flawed arguments at any time you want to regurgitate your anti-homosexual tripe on any thread you please, and quite frankly, you fail every single time only to show up on the next thread saying the exact same thing.

Your "arguments" are far from intelligent, I think it's time you gave up on the ignorant tirades that you seem to think are even remotely logical or based on any real biblical knowledge -- they are not.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
LMFAO DO YOU GUYS SEE THIS???

Yes, I saw it, but it's so ridiculous I don't know how to respond to it.

As a woman, I have had some of my reproductive organs removed to PREVENT pregnancy because it would endanger my life. So I AM in a heterosexual marriage with absolutely NO chance of reproduction... Yet some think their God might give me a child...
How can one respond to that? It's insanity. That's the only explanation.

By the poster's logic, the only reason to be married is to breed... Some people's minds are narrower than the road to heaven, I tell ya!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I don't see you repenting for your sins publicly on this forum. I guess you're going to hell too.

Mind you, you don't even begin to realize the sins that you commit so proudly.

Blissfully ignorant blasphemy; funny you should bring up pharisees....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

reply to post by ELEVATOR7

The problem is gay people want the religious to sanctify their "marriage". They're not content to be gay and stay out of church. A sin is a sin, and the bible declares homosexual actions are sins. Why can't they leave religion out of it if they refuse to repent? Rather they try to twist scripture to have freedom from the calls to repentance.

I know many heterosexuals who have been wed even though they are not virgins. According to the Bible, this "sin inside the sanctity of marriage" is addressed in full as a stoneable offense and an unforgivable sin. However, it never mentions gay people being married.... at all... ever.

You bring up the same flawed arguments at any time you want to regurgitate your anti-homosexual tripe on any thread you please, and quite frankly, you fail every single time only to show up on the next thread saying the exact same thing.

Your "arguments" are far from intelligent, I think it's time you gave up on the ignorant tirades that you seem to think are even remotely logical or based on any real biblical knowledge -- they are not.

Yes, I'm on an anti-homosexual charade because I insist Christians should not betray their scriptures for what is politically correct.

Wedding non-virgins will allow them to repent of fornication, but wedding homosexuals will not allow them to repent.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

It is a big stretch to let gays in, because we're saying we definitely no longer care about the kids, we only care about sex.

Are those the gays that adopted the children that heterosexuals so frequently abandon or the ones from whose arms you zealously ripped them away from with such "holy" expeditions as Prop 8?

It's a trend on this site how often the people clinging to the "save the children" nonsense are so consistently screwing children over as if it's their duty.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

I don't see you repenting for your sins publicly on this forum. I guess you're going to hell too.

Mind you, you don't even begin to realize the sins that you commit so proudly.

Blissfully ignorant blasphemy; funny you should bring up pharisees....

Repentance means doing penance and discontinuing your sinful actions. I do repent. How is standing up and agreeing with the churches not to let them become apostate wrong? I have the right to me opinion, and it doesn't suit the progressives. I believe in orthodoxy.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Wedding non-virgins will allow them to repent of fornication, but wedding homosexuals will not allow them to repent.

That's beyond idiotic, I now know why I remembered your screen name so vividly. Good luck with your "life"
. I'm sorry, but that "argument" is just so pathetic that you're not even worth a fraction of the time that I've already given you.

During the exchanging of vows between heterosexual fornicators, does God's publicly-funded representative turn and say at the end of the ceremony, "NOW, REPENT, HARLEQUIN! YOUR SINS ARE STILL QUITE APPARENT IN THE EYES OF GOD, YOU WILL NOT MAKE FOOLS OF US!"

Get real please. You clearly make things up to support the conclusions that "you" have already come to.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Jesus said we must be even more righteous than pharisees, and John wrote if we keep sinning we must repent and keep God's commandments.

Jesus said that YOU must be righteous in YOUR life. Not judge everyone else as righteous or not. That's what you're doing when you try to keep gay people out of church.

Tell me, do most gays repent, or do they insist that committing homosexual actions are not sins?

I don't claim to know the prayers or the relationship that people have with God. That's THEIR business, not mine. (and NOT yours.)

I said most, not all. If you do not repent and lead a life of restraining your passions how can you claim to be born-again?

It's really none of your business what I do about my passions and what I claim to be. Take the plank of bigotry, hatred and judgment OUT of your eye before trying to remove the speck from someone else's.

I think you will be surprised at the multitude who go to hell for committing mortal sins without repentance.

Whatever. But I bet you'll be surprised at how many go to hell for JUDGING their fellow man as unrighteous and unworthy of entry into the Kingdom. I think you should have a good long talk with your God and make sure YOU are on the right path before judging everyone else's paths. Because I fear you are heading down a dark path with blinders on...
edit on 9/27/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Yes, I'm on an anti-homosexual charade because I insist Christians should not betray their scriptures for what is politically correct.

Were not telling christians to betray their scriptures... I love how you guys LOVE to twist our words.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with gays getting married ect. It means that there are more ladys for the real gentlemen. I mean come on now. Whats wrong with 2 sick men/women trying to help each other. Its not like they are going to breed. I know 2 gays and one awoke in bed to find that his lover had chit the bed so he rushed off to get the cleaning kit. The other was heart broken when he flushed it down the toilet. As he thought he had a child. But thats all you are going to get when you are gay. No kids, just a chity bed and a sore ass.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

That's beyond idiotic, I now know why I remembered your screen name so vividly. Good luck with your "life"
. I'm sorry, but that "argument" is just so pathetic that you're not even worth a fraction of the time that I've already given you.

During the exchanging of vows between heterosexual fornicators, does God's publicly-funded representative turn and say at the end of the ceremony, "NOW, REPENT, HARLEQUIN! YOUR SINS ARE STILL QUITE APPARENT IN THE EYES OF GOD, YOU WILL NOT MAKE FOOLS OF US!"

Get real please.

Homosexual actions are sin according to the bible. Are you telling me that homosexuals will marry but not have sex? I think this is hard to grasp for people who don't believe in the bible: homosexual actions are sins. You're basically saying to the churches, the bible says X, but you are to promote not X and pretend God is blessing it even though you know it's made clear that it's wrong.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You won't understand because you believe the bible is about only judging not, not rebuke evil. The apostles founded the churches with rules on what is moral and what is not moral. You find it so easy to talk about how gays should marry in church because you do not believe the scriptures.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Are you telling me that homosexuals will marry but not have sex?

Welcome to the real world! Not everyone is having sex. Some people marry for companionship alone. Some for finances, some for love and some for sex. It's none of your business WHY people marry and whether or not they have sex. And this illustrates just how much it is NOT your business who has sex with whom. You're so caught up in your judgements, you can't see straight.

I think this is hard to grasp for people who don't believe in the bible: homosexual actions are sins.

And you go to church and repent your sins every week and then go forth and sin AGAIN (and then go to church and repent) and then go forth and sin AGAIN... This cycle repeats throughout your life and yet, you would keep others who might be doing the VERY same thing, from attending church for the chance of repentance and redemption... Give me a moment to ask God about your behavior...

OK, He says to get your life in order and stop worrying about the sins of others. Read the Plank in your Eye verse again and again until you know what it means... That's your penance.
edit on 9/27/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Get real please.

Homosexual actions are sin according to the bible. Are you telling me that homosexuals will marry but not have sex? I think this is hard to grasp for people who don't believe in the bible: homosexual actions are sins. You're basically saying to the churches, the bible says X, but you are to promote not X and pretend God is blessing it even though you know it's made clear that it's wrong.

No,, no, no, I'm sorry but...just.... no. You're a blasphemer to the most disgusting end.

Fornication is also a sin, and a marriage without pre-virginity is illegitimate in the eyes of God, therefore every sex act in this fake-marriage is fornication, as the marriage was never valid to begin with....

...Or does the Bible's sexual immorality laws simply not affect heterosexuals?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You won't understand because you believe the bible is about only judging not, not rebuke evil.

You don't know what I believe about the bible! You are not in my head. Stop judging ME! God! You've got it bad! Does judging everyone else make it easier to ignore your own sins? You need to have a serious talk with your Lord, man. And find out if what you're thinking and doing is according to his plan...

You find it so easy to talk about how gays should marry in church because you do not believe the scriptures.

I never ONCE said gays should marry in church. It's up to the church. You have judged me wrongly. But it's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Please read the New Testament. It will be clear that homosexuality is not what the churches should promote. And God will punish the apostate who follow their own passions rather than be saved and following God's commandments. Maybe give Jude a go, or the writings of Paul.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Then sorry.

If you believe in the bible, why is homosexuality okay?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
I see nothing wrong with gays getting married ect. It means that there are more ladys for the real gentlemen. I mean come on now. Whats wrong with 2 sick men/women trying to help each other. Its not like they are going to breed. I know 2 gays and one awoke in bed to find that his lover had chit the bed so he rushed off to get the cleaning kit. The other was heart broken when he flushed it down the toilet. As he thought he had a child. But thats all you are going to get when you are gay. No kids, just a chity bed and a sore ass.

Sick men/woman? Thats what we are now? I guess your one of those people who are all like "Haha, your gay because you can't get a chick!!" Thank you very much, but when I was in the closet in highschool, I got asked out a TON. If the uploader was working I might post a pic just to show people that you dont have to be butt ugly to be gay.

Next, your lying.

Nobody would EVER tell you about an embarrassing experience like that and Im pretty sure I actually saw that on an episode of family guy....

And we are not stupid!!! We KNOW we can't have kids unless we adopt!!! This post is wrong in so many ways....

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join