It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Isnt homosexuality banned in the old testament too?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by 547000

Irrelevant. What matters is what the New Testament says. Among other things, you are allowed to eat pig as a Christian, so much of what had been said there may not apply to the New Covenant.
edit on 27-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Yes its an illness, they cant be feeling well. Its not normal, god made man and woman and said go forth and multiply. Replenish the earth. How can you replenish the earth by being a gay?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Most don't.

I hear your claim. My question is: HOW DO YOU KNOW???

Simple question you keep avoiding. How do you know how gay people or most gay people or SOME gay people feel about their actions and how do you know they don't repent?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

You quoted the Old Testament. Christians follow the New Testament. Cannot help you there.

Yet you still have sex with your non-virgin wife and act like it's the holiest thing ever compared to gay marriage.

...Have fun in Hell.

Humility does not reside with you, and neither does Jesus.

Blasphemer.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

Irrelevant. What matters is what the New Testament says. Among other things, you are allowed to eat pig as a Christian, so much of what had been said there may not apply to the New Covenant.

Is it possible that the New Testament/New Covenant was a usurping of God's word by clerics that just wanted to party?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

If you're going to be legitimately New Testament Christian, you can go ahead and omit every book after the gospels. That means Acts, Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Thessalonians, timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, Peter, John, Jude, and Revelation. Forgive me if I forgot any Catholic books (although as far as I remember only the Old Testament had some extra books in it), these are just the ones that I remember off of the top of my head out of my Catholic School "education".

Everyone who wrote the books after the gospels directly benefited from the final product.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Christians follow the New Testament.

What the New Testament Says about Homosexuality

Strictly speaking, the New Testament says nothing at all about homosexuality.

There is not a single Greek word or phrase in the entire New Testament that should be translated into English as “homosexual” or “homosexuality.” In fact, the very notion of “homosexuality”—like that of “heterosexuality,” “bisexuality,” and even “sexual orientation”—is essentially a modern concept that would simply have been unintelligible to the New Testament writers.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Up until about a year ago, I was firmly against gay marriage.

Noah's flood came because homosexuals were getting married back then. Jesus said the same thing is coming again but not the flood but destruction.
The Bible states that the Will of God is to abstain from fornication. Jesus mentioned several times that marriage is between a man and woman.
The Bible even states that people who were once homosexuals can be delivered.

edit on 9/27/2011 by texastig because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/27/2011 by texastig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
Noah's flood came because homosexuals were getting married back then.

I love it that today's Christians just keep making things up! This is hilarious! I suppose locusts and plagues are the fault of gay marriage, too!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I love it that today's Christians just keep making things up! This is hilarious! I suppose locusts and plagues are the fault of gay marriage, too!

BH, it is immorality.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

BH, it is immorality.

Wow and I thought this other guy was the blasphemer... but you're clearly just making stuff up on the spot....(I hope)

Let me give you a REAL example of immorality:

Socially segregating people, badgering them into suicide as youths, and disallowing them equal federal benefits as adults.

Yea, I bet you "holy folk" are allll going to heaven, there are obviously no logs in any of your eyes to be seen around here.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

BH, it is immorality.

Wow and I thought this other guy was the blasphemer... but you're clearly just making stuff up on the spot....(I hope)

Partisanity, it is a fact that immoral behavior destroys nations.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

BH, it is immorality.

Partisanity, it is a fact that immoral behavior destroys nations.

You would know, because you lack social moral fiber. Feel free to leave the "nation" and spare us all.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You would know, because you lack social moral fiber. Feel free to leave the "nation" and spare us all.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."
Charles Carroll, signer of the Declaration of Independence

Noah Webster, author of the first American Speller and the first Dictionary stated, "The moral principles and precepts contained in the scriptures ought to form the basis of all our civil constitutions and laws. . . All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible."

George Washington, General of the Revolutionary Army, president of the Constitutional Convention, First President of the United States of America, Father of our nation, " Religion and morality are the essential pillars of civil society."

Benjamin Franklin, Signer of the Declaration of Independence "[O]nly a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."

"Whereas true religion and good morals are the only solid foundations of public liberty and happiness . . . it is hereby earnestly recommended to the several States to take the most effectual measures for the encouragement thereof." Continental Congress, 1778

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by texastig

And those have to do with what in your argument that homosexuality is more immoral than social segregation?

By the way, as a Canadian, I do have to laugh out loud shamelessly at you quoting Theists to back up your biblical distortion. That's classic.

Gee... you certainly are.... from texas.. aren't you.

But I mean, I'm clearly wrong, George Washington said that religion and morality are important, therefore The Great Flood was instituted to "wipe out gay marriages".

Aren't you late for your WBC funeral picketing?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

And those have to do with what in your argument that homosexuality is more immoral than social segregation?

Homosexuality is a behavior. You can't compare to skin color.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Homosexuality is a behavior.

Homosexuality is NOT a behavior. It's a sexuality... Having sex is a behavior.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Homosexuality is NOT a behavior. It's a sexuality... Having sex is a behavior.

There is no scientific proof that people are born homosexual.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

There is no scientific proof that people are born homosexual.

Why are you changing the subject? That has nothing to do with what I said. Homosexuality is a state of being. NOT a behavior.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join