It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ELEVATOR7

The problem is gay people want the religious to sanctify their "marriage". They're not content to be gay and stay out of church. A sin is a sin, and the bible declares homosexual actions are sins. Why can't they leave religion out of it if they refuse to repent? Rather they try to twist scripture to have freedom from the calls to repentance.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

2. There are many couples who do not sex, or reproduce, and even many that CANT reproduce, so its not that big of a stretch to let gays in.

It is a big stretch to let gays in, because we're saying we definitely no longer care about the kids, we only care about sex.

3. How can you just quote the bible so spontaniously? Do you have like the whole thing memorized???

I don't have a good memory. I just look things up. I have the bible in plain text file on my computer. If I know what I'm looking for, I do keyword search, find the verse, and quote it.

4. Your posts are too long, can you please shorten them?

Ok. This is short.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Homosexuals need to invent their own religion and stop trying to corrupt everyone else's.

That's the main reason homosexuals are despised and disliked throughout the world. They need to go back into the closet and keep their sexual fetishes to themselves.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
ATS needs Gay and Lesbian Conspiracy threads.

Why should gays and lesbians get off scot free??

Are gays and lesbians incapable of being guilty to conspire???

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
The problem is gay people want the religious to sanctify their "marriage".

Is there a problem with wanting something? I want to be a millionaire. Do you have a problem with that?

IF

(and that's a big if) gay people want religion to sanctify their marriage, religion can just say 'no'.
Problem solved.

They're not content to be gay and stay out of church. A sin is a sin, and the bible declares homosexual actions are sins.

So, the churches are filled with people who never sin? Sinners aren't welcome in church? Only the perfectly sin-free like yourself?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The problem is gay people want the religious to sanctify their "marriage". They're not content to be gay and stay out of church. A sin is a sin, and the bible declares homosexual actions are sins. Why can't they leave religion out of it if they refuse to repent? Rather they try to twist scripture to have freedom from the calls to repentance.

Hello yes I do understand what you are saying. I suppose the truth is I dont go to church or define myself in any religion as I consider that I take morals and values seriously in my life and do not need religion to define 'that'. So, I suppose the bottom line for me is that Gay People can do what they like as it just does not seem to matter to me personally and I would have no objection to them marrying in a church or having it sanctioned or whatever but I know I am probably an extremely liberated character and more nature orientated thinking that is more important then what people do or dont do because does it really matter?

I know religion and church is extremely important in some peoples lives and I definitely respect that after all it is what is important to the individual regarding beliefs and what they think is bad, or good - but you know, to me a church is just a stack of bricks and mortar, a building really so I do not see how a building or even a 'religion' should expect to embrace some people and turn others away. I really hope this is not offensive to you and I know that I might not be the right person to have spoken up in this thread because of my open views. You see, I dont even believe in 'sin' I believe in choice. We make the right choice or the wrong choice that can bring repercussions on us but only through our own undoings but I cannot see that it is a SIN because what is a Sin? Who can really say to another, you cant do that or this because it is a sin? A sin is basically just something that people might consider as immorally incorrect actions. How can it be a sin for people to go to a building and marry? Really in reality that is all it is? The bible is something I do read and quote on occasion but I select what I feel are words of wisdom. I like the wisdom in the bible, but I do not think the dictates are necessary. We were given choice so really do we need to be dictated to?

Again please dont be offended as this is just a view of my own and certainly not said to upset you as I genuinely mean nothing offensive by my viewpoints.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
you people must be misunderstanding, we dont give a ****** about religon in our marriges, we realize that this is religously wrong. By we, I mean me, and We want the benifets of marrige, for example, if a gay couple has been together for 40 years, and one of them gets hurt in a critical condition, most hospitals will only allow the spouse in, there have been cases where they will not let a gay spouse in because it is not sanctioned by marrige. Also as stated many times, the taxes and also that sense of commitment when you know that you signed a contract to be loyal and true to your partner. Again, we dont really care about religous blessings

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrassyKnoll
ATS needs Gay and Lesbian Conspiracy threads.

Why should gays and lesbians get off scot free??

Are gays and lesbians incapable of being guilty to conspire???

*facepalm* THATS A GREAT IDEA!! HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT OUR SINISTER PLOT TO OUTLAW HETROSEXUALITY!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

2. There are many couples who do not sex, or reproduce, and even many that CANT reproduce, so its not that big of a stretch to let gays in.

It is a big stretch to let gays in, because we're saying we definitely no longer care about the kids, we only care about sex.

[

How so? Do you think marriges where both parties can not have children together are wrong, because if you dont, than you are a hyporiiiiiiiiitttteeeeee

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You do mean this right

33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
?

I see no mention of DNA, it seems more of a verse about the conscience than anything else. Do you not think it is fair to say you extrapolated a fair bit from this text?

The FATHER gives life, but the Father only multiplies according to the FATHER's design.

This doesn't seem relevant. The method is not the point- a child cannot be conceived without sperm from a male- therefore that male is one of the people who enables that child to exist. To simply bump responsibility up the 'power chain' doesn't seem very fair/ 'moral'. Surely this argument could be applied to murder, homosexuality, theft, eating pork etc. could simply be referred to the overall creator absolving all possible guilt.

I don't see any inconsistency here. Could you elaborate?

The Earth is not 6000-9000 years old. People do not live to 900+. Adam and Eve having 2 sons to populate the Earth. Dinosaurs.

Numbers 31

31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. (31:17) "Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him." (31:18) "But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." 31:18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

You seemed to severely dislike moral relativism earlier in the thread- if you state that things must be okay/ have a valid reason because they are done by god or for god then that is a far greater degree of it than most other advocates would go to.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

[
How so? Do you think marriges where both parties can not have children together are wrong, because if you dont, than you are a hyporiiiiiiiiitttteeeeee

No you see, there's the problem. There's no such marriage. Once there's a man and a woman, only god can say whether they can have kids or not. Men have many opinions about such things, but men have been proven wrong time and time again in the bible. Just when men have said "they are too old", god has sent them a child. But, god has never sent a gay couple a child by their copulation.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yes4141

You do mean this right

33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
?

I see no mention of DNA, it seems more of a verse about the conscience than anything else. Do you not think it is fair to say you extrapolated a fair bit from this text?

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be. -- Genesis 49:10 KJV

That's how the law is introduced to the inwards parts: "the lawgiver is between a man's feet" !

Now, if you can figure out what exists between a man's feet, that might propagate a law, you'll understand where DNA enters the picture.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So sinners should stay out of church? According to the church that would be perfect place for sinners to be.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yes4141

I don't know who you were replying to, but it wasn't me. I never wrote any of that.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yes sorry, I just noticed I had replied to the wrong person. Again, very sorry about that.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The problem is gay people want the religious to sanctify their "marriage".

Is there a problem with wanting something? I want to be a millionaire. Do you have a problem with that?

IF

(and that's a big if) gay people want religion to sanctify their marriage, religion can just say 'no'.
Problem solved.

They're not content to be gay and stay out of church. A sin is a sin, and the bible declares homosexual actions are sins.

So, the churches are filled with people who never sin? Sinners aren't welcome in church? Only the perfectly sin-free like yourself?

Are you unable to grasp that churches should not promote sin or sanctify what's clearly wrong to their scriptures? Churches which do this are whores.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

So sinners should stay out of church? According to the church that would be perfect place for sinners to be.

/TOA

If you will not repent why seek out a religion which calls your lifestyle wrong? Most sinners know they sin, and they try to repent. Most gay people will not try to repent. I don't see what is so hard to grasp about this. The Christian religion preaches not just forgiveness but repentance too.
edit on 26-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

No, no, no. Sinners should not stay out of the church. Just don't ask the church to "bless" their sin.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Most gay people will not try to repent.

How do you know the intricacies of "most gay people's" relationship with God? How do you know their prayer conversations?

Who are you to JUDGE???

The Christian religion preaches not just forgiveness but repentance too.

Luke 5:30-32

And the Pharisees and their scribes grumbled at his disciples, saying, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?” 31 And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.

If you think being gay is a sin AND you follow the religious dogma you spew, then you would OPEN up the church to gay people in hopes that JESUS will call them for repentance. That's what a real Christian would do. After reading your posts, I have the opinion that you do not follow Christ at all, but USE religion as a weapon to exercise your bigotry. Your grandiose claims that you know the mind of God and are prepared to do his judging for him flies in the face of the religion you wield like a mighty sword, with which to slay people YOU have judged to be "sinners"... :shk: I'd like to be a fly on the wall when your God asks you who you think you are to try to do his job...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

[

No you see, there's the problem. There's no such marriage. Once there's a man and a woman, only god can say whether they can have kids or not. Men have many opinions about such things, but men have been proven wrong time and time again in the bible. Just when men have said "they are too old", god has sent them a child. But, god has never sent a gay couple a child by their copulation.

LMFAO DO YOU GUYS SEE THIS???

So you say that in a couple where the guy has been nutered, they can still have a baby?
So you say when a woman has her tubes tied/ an egg extraction that she can still have a baby?
So you say that a man who is sterile because of radiation can still have a baby?
So you say that a woman who is long past menopause can still have a baby?
So you say that a couple who does not have sex can still have a baby?

You see, a baby is not made when a woman and a man love each other very much, and the delivery man is not a stork.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join