It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

Originally posted by 547000

So you leave no room for repentance of past sins and make no distinction between that and actually planning out future sins?

By fornicators marrying, they are planning to have sex with non-virgins in a non-marriage. They are planning out sins just as well. I understand now that you are intellectually incapable of understanding this for some reason, though. I look forward to your next post that continues to say the exact same things that you were just defeated on, you seem to think you can use ignorance as a crutch, but you're really just embarrassing yourself as well as your religion.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

Repentance means turning away from sin. If repentance is possible, even though you are not a virgin, you can be forgiven for that. But homosexual marriage means you are planning on sinning in the future. Please try to understand the distinction before calling me stupid.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I said if they won't repent, and be born-again putting their desires on hold, and if they keep trying to justify, rather than accept and change, religion is useless for them, at least Christianity

Religion is useless for them? Another sweeping judgment. You make so many assumptions about things you know nothing of, and you judge according to your flawed assumptions... You do it so much that you don't even realize it.

You think gay people don't repent and can't be saved: Check out Gay Christian 101

We are a joyful global fellowship of born again gay and straight Christians on the path of life together.

We are authentic Bible-believers, swimming against the tide of Bible rejecting theological liberalism, upholding the truth of God's inerrant, infallible word.

Matthew 19:12-14

12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

You seem to be trying to prove that you're a better Christian (even though you sin and repent again and again) than a gay person because you're just SURE (somehow - with no proof or evidence) that they don't repent. And the truth is that YOU DON'T KNOW whether they repent or not. Because they don't repent TO YOU. You are trying to do God's business.

Are you saying people should not try to believe it's possible for the churches to turn away from apostasy? That they should just shut up and not even hold their politically incorrect views?

I'm saying that you have no right or place in keeping gay people out of church if they want to go.
I'm saying that if you really had faith, you would know that everything is going to work according to God's plan.
I'm saying that you make assumptions and judgments about people's relationship with God, about which you know NOTHING.

I don't really care what you believe or what views you hold, but if you profess to be a Christian, then act like one. You're acting like a pious, self-righteous, self-important, 21st century buffoon, preaching about what God wants, what God thinks and what God is going to do, as if you know the mind of God... It's just not very 'Christian-like', IMO.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

Originally posted by spw184

reply to post by spw184

It happened during the nights I experienced invisible stigmata. I experienced a spiritual fire burning me and I cried desperately to God and experienced a light and the wounds.

Invisible stigmata....
Well seeing that all reporters of stigmata say that the cuts to not hurt, but bleed and are Im going to say that your full of
:wo but Iw:

So than when you cry to god you experience the wounds, but thats already after you've had the stigmata... This doesn't add up...

Sort of like the metaphysics thread.... You should check it out somtime.

Yes, I've had it once before. The first time I experienced the wounds from the crown of thorns, the second time holes in my hand and a wound on my side and maybe even my feet, but I don't remember much sensation in my feet. I could feel a light radiating from there, then afterwards invisible blood. I didn't know what it was then, but later found out invisible stigmata exists, and that's why I want to be catholic.

I can understand this.. sort of, but I still don't see why god would want you to make an estimated 33.3% of gay teens to have severe depression or commit suicide. Also, gays get paid $.25 less per hour on average
edit on 27-9-2011 by spw184 because: (no reason given)

We might not know the whys, but the scripture is clear, homosexual actions are wrong. Gays should be paid evenly, but they should not be married in church. Remember, being gay isn't a sin in itself, but acting on that desire is by church teachings.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

So you leave no room for repentance of past sins and make no distinction between that and actually planning out future sins?

By fornicators marrying, they are planning to have sex with non-virgins in a non-marriage. They are planning out sins just as well. I understand now that you are intellectually incapable of understanding this for some reason, though. I look forward to your next post that continues to say the exact same things that you were just defeated on, you seem to think you can use ignorance as a crutch, but you're really just embarrassing yourself as well as your religion.

Repentance means turning away from sin. If repentance is possible, even though you are not a virgin, you can be forgiven for that. But homosexual marriage means you are planning on sinning in the future. Please try to understand the distinction before calling me stupid.

Well I'm sorry for "calling you stupid", which I didn't, I said you are ignoring the blatant fact that fornicators, be them former or current, will never have a legitimate marriage because they are not virgins based on the exact same section of scripture that you use against homosexuality. You then ignore that and only condemn homosexuality. Therefore, you're either stupid, or warping the scripture to suit the conclusion that "you" came to before you started investigating. A = B, B = C, so A= C. What don't you get?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
As i have said so many times on this thread:

Even the devil can cite scripture to fit his needs.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Then you might as well say people should believe nothing is a sin, for to say something is a sin is judgmental.

It's not that saying it's a sin is judgmental. Saying that one sinner shouldn't be allowed in church, but that other sinners (like yourself) SHOULD be allowed in church is hypocritical and judgmental to the max. Making judgments about gay people's repentance or lack thereof, AND their relationship with God, comes from a place of ignorance, insecurity and bigotry. Let God do the judging. You just do your part.

But the churches do teach that there are sins, so do the scriptures, and we are to turn away from sin.

Then turn away from sin. YOU turn away from sin. You are not your brother's keeper. God will deal with other people. Your job is to make SURE that you're right with God, not to supervise everyone's interactions with God.

You have yet to address the fact that you're so focused on the speck in your brother's eye that you don't see the plank in your own.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm done with you. You clearly have strong convictions by what you read in some scriptures, but you ignore others completely. You have to put all the scriptures together. I don't take a liberal slant but I believe in orthodoxy. By what the scriptures say, the churches will have to become apostate as it is already becoming. But repentance is always possible until God decides it's too late.

If I'm a buffoon let it be believed. I believe the churches should not wed gays because it's against scriptures.
edit on 27-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Well I'm sorry for "calling you stupid", which I didn't, I said you are ignoring the blatant fact that fornicators, be them former or current, will never have a legitimate marriage because they are not virgins based on the exact same section of scripture that you use against homosexuality. You then ignore that and only condemn homosexuality. Therefore, you're either stupid, or warping the scripture to suit the conclusion that "you" came to before you started investigating. A = B, B = C, so A= C. What don't you get?

Old Testament or New Testament?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'm done with you.

Well, you're not the first to exit a discussion because you can't address the subject or answer the questions asked of you...

You clearly have strong convictions by what you read in some scriptures, but you ignore others completely.

Remind you of anyone? Look in the mirror, my friend. Better yet, talk with your God about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I'm done with you.

Well, you're not the first to exit a discussion because you can't address the subject or answer the questions asked of you...

You clearly have strong convictions by what you read in some scriptures, but you ignore others completely.

Remind you of anyone? Look in the mirror, my friend. Better yet, talk with your God about it.

Enough with your trash talk. I'm only following what is said according to scripture. It's not politically correct, but it is written.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm done with you.

I'm shocked that you're giving up after being intellectually defeated several times. Really. Shocked
... yet here you come posting again shortly, regurgitating the same nonsense that any 8-year-old with half a brain could debunk in half of a second.

You don't have to give up, though, logical reality clearly gave up on YOU a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I'm done with you.

Enough with your trash talk. I'm only following what is said according to scripture. It's not politically correct, but it is written.

It also says other things. That you blatantly ignore because they affect you negatively.... and then you continue preaching. Because you, sir, are a Pharisee.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread749674/pg42#pid12430642]post by Benevolentt easily b

I'm done with you.

I'm shocked that you're giving up after being intellectually defeated several times. Really. Shocked
... yet here you come posting again shortly, regurgitating the same nonsense that any 8-year-old with half a brain could debunk in half of a second.

You don't have to give up, though, logical reality clearly gave up on YOU a long time ago.

Trash talk. Anyone can intellectually defeat me because faith is is not something intellectual. Anyone can intellectually trash the bible and what it teaches. But faith is supported by miracles and other things which are not easily believed by others. Those who have not had such things happen will not be able to fully believe that it was inspired by God, so when the teachings don't suit them they throw them away. Homosexuality is clearly wrong in the New Testament too, but since we live in a society that believes in other philosophies, people reinterpret it to be acceptable and think repentance is foolishness. Those who will follow what it says and believe in it will be called evil, bigots, etc, but it doesn't change what it says.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I'm only following what is said according to scripture. It's not politically correct, but it is written.

Where is it written that gay people shouldn't be allowed in church? Chapter and verse, please.
edit on 9/27/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I'm only following what is said according to scripture. It's not politically correct, but it is written.

Where is it written that gay people shouldn't be allowed in church? Chapter and verse, please.
edit on 9/27/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

That's not what I mean and you know it. Boasters, revilers, among other things, will also not inherit the kingdom unless they too repent. Also the part about the evils of Sodom by Paul make it quite clear it's something wrong.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Double post.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Then answer my question:
How do you know gay people don't repent their sins?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

Then answer my question:
How do you know gay people don't repent their sins?

Most don't. By declaring it's not a sin you are not repenting of it. If not most, then many. See how the churches are attacked on all ends if they don't support gay marriage and how anyone who holds such views are called bigots. How can you repent of something if you keep pushing the idea that it's not against the scriptural teachings. Some even go on to say that the scriptures are wrong and outdated and the church should adapt to the times.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Homosexual actions are sin according to the bible.

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you and understand why you would propose and support banning of same sex marriage. As you say "in the eyes of God marriage is based between a man a woman." I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to properly follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev.21:20 states that I may ! not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is perfect, eternal and unchanging.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

You quoted the Old Testament. Christians follow the New Testament. Cannot help you there.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join