It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Please read the New Testament.

I have. Several times.

It will be clear that homosexuality is not what the churches should promote.

The church does not promote homosexuality nor do I think it should. But they SHOULD welcome sinners. And that means YOU, too. For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. You are somehow claiming that you're WORTHY of going to church (as a sinner) and gay people are unworthy. Let me tell you, buddy, your GOD disagrees.

And God will punish the apostate who follow their own passions rather than be saved and following God's commandments.

So, let him punish them. He doesn't need you to help. You are not God.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

If you repent you will be saved. If you won't repent...

Why is this so hard to understand? You can repent. But if you still plan on sinning are you repenting?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I just want to ask, are you CHRISTAN or CATHOLIC. And if you are CHRISTAN than please tell me what denomonation.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

If you believe in the bible, why is homosexuality okay?

Whether or not homosexuality is OK is a JUDGMENT. Don't you see that? Whether or not a gay person goes to church or acts on his passions is between him and God. NOT you. I refrain from making the judgment. That's not my job.

Whether or not someone repents their sins is between them and GOD. Not you!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Please read the New Testament.

I have. Several times.

It will be clear that homosexuality is not what the churches should promote.

The church does not promote homosexuality nor do I think it should. But they SHOULD welcome sinners. And that means YOU, too. For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. You are somehow claiming that you're WORTHY of going to church (as a sinner) and gay people are unworthy. Let me tell you, buddy, your GOD disagrees.

And God will punish the apostate who follow their own passions rather than be saved and following God's commandments.

So, let him punish them. He doesn't need you to help. You are not God.

I did not say gays are unworthy of church. I said if they won't repent, and be born-again putting their desires on hold, and if they keep trying to justify, rather than accept and change, religion is useless for them, at least Christianity

I am not God, but I believe in orthodoxy and the scriptures. I won't punish the world, but God will. Are you saying people should not try to believe it's possible for the churches to turn away from apostasy? That they should just shut up and not even hold their politically incorrect views?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
I just want to ask, are you CHRISTAN or CATHOLIC. And if you are CHRISTAN than please tell me what denomonation.

Catholic.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If you believe in the bible, why is homosexuality okay?

Whether or not homosexuality is OK is a JUDGMENT. Don't you see that? Whether or not a gay person goes to church or acts on his passions is between him and God. NOT you. I refrain from making the judgment. That's not my job.

Whether or not someone repents their sins is between them and GOD. Not you!

Then you might as well say people should believe nothing is a sin, for to say something is a sin is judgmental. But the churches do teach that there are sins, so do the scriptures, and we are to turn away from sin. How can we be called to turn away from sin if we don't believe in sin?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Catholic.

Ok... that was unexpected..

I think you should become a baptist because in all my years of being a catholic, I have never heard another catholic say this kind of things, and in fact I have even heard several preists and our bishop say that homosexuality, although it is a sin, will not land you straight in hell and many homosexuals lead a more rightious life than many hetrosexuals. Ive also never heard a catholic spew out the words "REPENT!! REPPPPEEENT!! as much as you have...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Catholic.

I think you should become a baptist because in all my years of being a catholic, I have never heard another catholic say this kind of things, and in fact I have even heard several preists and our bishop say that homosexuality, although it is a sin, will not land you straight in hell and many homosexuals lead a more rightious life than many hetrosexuals. Ive also never heard a catholic spew out the words "REPENT!! REPPPPEEENT!! as much as you have...

Because I know there is a hell. I've experienced the flames for myself.
edit on 27-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You should be friends with the other people on this site who experience extra-terrestrial anal probing and various seers of the future.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Catholic.

Im going to regret this but...

How so?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

It happened during the nights I experienced invisible stigmata. I experienced a spiritual fire burning me and I cried desperately to God and experienced a light and the wounds.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Why is this so hard to understand? You can repent. But if you still plan on sinning are you repenting?

It's not me who is misunderstanding anything. You said that if fornicators are wed, they are assumed to be done with their sins.... an assumption that you, and apparently the church, make for absolutely no reason, and are very, very wrong according to the literal definition of marriage that "christians" use to condemn homosexuality so frequently.

Yet homosexual unions are treated oppositely.... because you said so.

Like I said:
Warped scripture. Blasphemy. Pharisee.

...Typical Catholic;

"Everyone must adhere to these absurd and strict traditions... unless of course they affect me negatively"

You fornicate. Your marriage is illegitimate. I'll say it again if not only to make you flip your desk because sooner or later the truth will hit you; you are 100% WRONG.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

It's not me who is misunderstanding anything. You said that if fornicators are wed, they are assumed to be done with their sins.... an assumption that you, and apparently the church, make for absolutely no reason, and are very, very wrong according to the literal definition of marriage that "christians" use to condemn homosexuality so frequently.

Yet homosexual unions are treated oppositely.... because you said so.

Like I said:
Warped scripture. Blasphemy. Pharisee.

...Typical Catholic;

"Everyone must adhere to these absurd and strict traditions... unless of course they affect me negatively"

You fornicate. Your marriage is illegitimate.

So you leave no room for repentance of past sins and make no distinction between that and actually planning out future sins? A priest is not a mind-reader. He doesn't know if the couple will do future sins. But homosexual actions are definitely sins, even if homosexuality itself is not a sin. On one hand you have people who might repent, on the other hand you have people who are definitely going against scripture.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well the postings have gotten more into the dogma of the teaching in the bible, and more along a theological nature as to the meaning behing what God or the divine may or may not have ment.

After all the question then boils down to the following:
What is a greater sin, just spouting the scripture, picking and choosing what suits them or destroying peoples faith in God?

What would be the greater good, spouting scripture to people or actually living the word of God, doing what they believe is the correct thing and trying to be a good person in their understanding of what God may have wanted for people to be?

Those of the kinds of questions that we must answer for ourselves. One would think that living the word of God, trying to be a good person, would be a far greater glory in God's eyes than picking and choosing the scriptures to persecute people with.

After all it was the Church that was in full support of the Slave trade, and preventing segragation in the USA. And if history is correct, during the rise, and march of Hitler, the Church's did not do much to help those who were being rounded up, and killed by the Nazi's. And recently it was in the name of God, that a minster quotes that it is ok to leave a dying spouse.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

reply to post by spw184

It happened during the nights I experienced invisible stigmata. I experienced a spiritual fire burning me and I cried desperately to God and experienced a light and the wounds.

Invisible stigmata....
Well seeing that all reporters of stigmata say that the cuts to not hurt, but bleed and are visible Im going to say that your full of

So than when you cry to god you experience the wounds, but thats already after you've had the stigmata... This doesn't add up...

Sort of like the metaphysics thread.... You should check it out somtime.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

So you leave no room for repentance of past sins and make no distinction between that and actually planning out future sins?

By fornicators marrying, they are planning to have sex with non-virgins in a non-marriage. They are planning out sins just as well. I understand now that you are intellectually incapable of understanding this for some reason, though. I look forward to your next post that continues to say the exact same things that you were just defeated on, you seem to think you can use ignorance as a crutch, but you're really just embarrassing yourself as well as your religion.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

He doesn't know if the couple will do future sins. But homosexual actions are definitely sins, even if homosexuality itself is not a sin. On one hand you have people who might repent, on the other hand you have people who are definitely going against scripture.

Cute edit. Read my last 5 or 6 posts and use even a tenth of YOUR brain this time, it might even get through your skull.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

reply to post by spw184

Invisible stigmata....
Well seeing that all reporters of stigmata say that the cuts to not hurt, but bleed and are Im going to say that your full of
:wo but Iw:

So than when you cry to god you experience the wounds, but thats already after you've had the stigmata... This doesn't add up...

Yes, I've had it once before. The first time I experienced the wounds from the crown of thorns, the second time holes in my hand and a wound on my side and maybe even my feet, but I don't remember much sensation in my feet. I could feel a light radiating from there, then afterwards invisible blood. I didn't know what it was then, but later found out invisible stigmata exists, and that's why I want to be catholic.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

reply to post by spw184

Invisible stigmata....
Well seeing that all reporters of stigmata say that the cuts to not hurt, but bleed and are Im going to say that your full of
:wo but Iw:

Yes, I've had it once before. The first time I experienced the wounds from the crown of thorns, the second time holes in my hand and a wound on my side and maybe even my feet, but I don't remember much sensation in my feet. I could feel a light radiating from there, then afterwards invisible blood. I didn't know what it was then, but later found out invisible stigmata exists, and that's why I want to be catholic.

I can understand this.. sort of, but I still don't see why god would want you to make an estimated 33.3% of gay teens to have severe depression or commit suicide. Also, gays get paid $.25 less per hour on average
edit on 27-9-2011 by spw184 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join