It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I'm 50 next year and I think back to 25 years ago when I was getting married and how those years have raced by.
Two children, one 18 the other 21 and how I've watched them grow.

Considering that male life expectancy is around 75 years or so, I often wonder if these next 25 years will go as fast as the last 25!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Nothing really to add except, like all people, I have noticed the years getting shorter as I get older. However, this last year, it seems to have 'jumped' up a gear. Even the individual days are noticably shorter- I get to work then it seems its almost immeadiatley dinnertime- before I know it, its 3 oclock, then Im home, eating my tea then what seems like 20minutes later Im in bed again. The weeks are flying by. I work in a University and it seems like the students broke for summer 2 weeks ago, now they are back again.

I have also noticed many people- young and old- commenting on how quickly time is passing.

Its quite scary to be honest. As the previous poster said, will the next 25-30 years pass as quick or quicker than the last ones? Life is short.........

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Do not worry my brother. It is normal as we are approcahing the end of the cycle. The end of the spiral (CrystalLink)

Time will look like it will go faster and faster without you noticing it. LIke last week, In my reality, I have no memories whatsoever of what occured. Time went so fast. It's not like I was busy all week long or anything, just regular 40 hours of work, plus family etc... Nothing exceptional occured. But it went so fast.

We are not suppose to use a calendar that uses physical things (earth going around the sun) to make our daily lives. We are not living naturally like we are suppose too. Example. Your mind is not tired but you have to go to bed anyway because you work in the morning at 6AM. Example 2: You are so tired you cannot believe, but you cannot go to bed because you have to work.

I believe we are going toward self awakening and because of that we will be able to live naturally again without using a calendar that is based on the physical. The mayan had a calendar not base on physical facts (the tzolkin calendar), a calendar that evaluates the spiritual consciousness of people. this calendar was the most and believed calendar in the mayan culture. We should live naturally with nature and the universe, not against it like we've been all along.

Namaste

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Terence Mckenna talks about this

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

that's fascinating and quite disturbing stuff at that link..I've also had a "visitation", if you will, in that half-awake state you mention..in my case my guides were telling me(us, humanity) to make amends..to me, it's like a nexus of conscious and sub-conscious that opens to the door for beings trying to impart information to us..and I'm realizing that practices like meditation and other things are all about opening that door and keeping it open longer. It may be that the 2012 event is not the end of days, as so many have erroneously stated, but the quickening of time itself leading to a crescendo of ascension. In any case, it's clear to me now the OP is on to something..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blinded
Do not worry my brother. It is normal as we are approcahing the end of the cycle. The end of the spiral (CrystalLink)

Any idea why that website makes my anti-virus software AND Google Chrome go nuts telling me to not view the site? Might wanna avoid that site, bad things going on there.

Anyway, on topic: I am a HUGE college football fan. 5-10 years ago, it seemed like the offseason took FOREVER. It was 7.5 months that felt like 2 years. Now, it absolutely FLIES by. We're already done with week 1, and it feels like late July to me.

There's no doubt about it, as you get older, time seems to move faster.

I haven't read the entire thread, just skimmed a bit, and someone might have already pointed this out, but when you're young, time landmarks are Fridays, paydays, 3-day weekends and holidays. When you're settled down with a family, time landmarks are birthdays, anniversaries, vacations, retirement, etc. I think because as folks who are older, the things we look forward to are so far off in the distance, they kind of creep up on us, while when we're young, we're paying attention to every single day.

Just my $0.02

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I agree. Time is going insanely quick lately. Even friends have mentioned it. It could be something to do with the as you get older time flys thing, but seems to be going way to quick even for that.

Apparently large objects with alot of mass can distort time as we know it... Niburu, ELENIN...?! Prehaps its the mass of this approaching...?

Edit: I also read somewhere that as 2012 gets closer and we are getting closer to higher awareness, time will seem like its speeding up too. Everything is happening as predicted so far

edit on 6-9-2011 by JDARK11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think technology has a large role to play, we have so many more entertaining things to do now than ever before, smartphones for example.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride

Mrs. Doctor,

Have you been having too much fun lately? Because, as they say and which does seem to ring true, time flies when you're having fun. lol Just thought I should put that in.

lol, I wish!!! No my life just lovely, just me, my girls, dogs and cats, no trauma, no changes, just a time anomoly (spelling sorry) in the last three years.
Ive decided to just accept it, im no clearer really to the cause of it, i still dont thinks it me getting older, however if time was literally speeding up then id have thought it would have been noticed by far more people.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I remember when I was little many many moons ago, a day took forever, seconds were seconds, minutes were minutes and hours were hours ! Now, 50 plus years later minutes are like seconds and days are like hours, I think time has switch the order on me !?! Time is like a fabric just like space according to Einstein laws, and like most fabric it can be stretch, pulled, twisted and in our case shrunk !

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I fully agree time has been speeding up for me too. It seems like when i was young a day lasted for a very long time and now it feels like a day goes by in have the time it use to take and i never want to go to sleep because it feels like i just woke up a few hours ago. I for one don't like it

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
You are absolutely right OP, I have experienced the same thing. My childhood seemed to last a very very long time, but my teens went by much faster and my twenties even more so!! These past few years have just flew by now that I am in my thirties. I have often wondered if there is an actual reason for why time might be speeding up universally or if it is just a matter of personal perception.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDARK11
I agree. Time is going insanely quick lately. Even friends have mentioned it. It could be something to do with the as you get older time flys thing, but seems to be going way to quick even for that.

Apparently large objects with alot of mass can distort time as we know it... Niburu, ELENIN...?! Prehaps its the mass of this approaching...?

Edit: I also read somewhere that as 2012 gets closer and we are getting closer to higher awareness, time will seem like its speeding up too. Everything is happening as predicted so far

edit on 6-9-2011 by JDARK11 because: (no reason given)

yes horribly worrying in a sense, even though im still skeptical about niburu and ascension etc,i truly believe something is rotten in the state of denmark, maybe not rotten, but a huge change is afoot. Im one of those people whose a tiny bit psychic, in other words a rubbish psychic
in the sense that i can predict whose on the phone, i sometimes see future events, i finish people sentences that sort of thing, but nothing of any use or gain, but 100% believe and always have done since i was a little girl, that in my lifetime i would be part of a huge event that would change planet earth (thats an understatement, i mean monumental), and i still believe it. I feel that the window of between the beginning of this year and well into 2013 is going to be where the change will occur. Dont pin me down to what it will be, but im telling ya its on the way.
This generation, or maybe certain people in this generation (like us looneys on ats) were put on this planet at this time for a reason, and thats why we're so different to the rest of the planet, and have been wandering around feeling like lost sheep, and feeling like we "dont belong". Perhaps the reason for this will soon become apparant, although it doesnt make us special, i dont subscribe to the "im better than you because bla bla bla" school of thought, its just a role.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
think of this scenario as an example...if you walk down a street you've never been down before, everything is new to you,you'll spend more "time" looking at all the things you have'nt seen before as you walk along, time will seem to go by slower for you...but...if you've walked down that same street five hundred times, nothing is new, you've seen it all before and you wont spend any "time" looking at everything and time will seem to go by faster...its that same way with everything you do,everything you see and everywhere you go...
i remember when i was 10yrs old and i was talking to my grandmother who was 75yrs old...i asked her "why does the day go by so fast"? and she said "if you think it goes by fast now, just wait till your as old as me,one day will seems about 3 or 4 hours long"...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'd like to point out, if anyone is experiencing this, age has nothing to do with it, I'm 18 and have felt time has been speeding up for the past few years!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I just want to lay something to rest then, to those of you, for the sake of arguement, are say roughly, 35 ish and above, who feel the phenomena, would you agree, that even though time does speed up the older you get, that you never expected it to increase at this rate, at this time, specifically the last few years.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
if you "think" time is speeding up, then it will speed up, for you,...it only seems to go by fast when you look back on things..."oh the children grew up so fast" but from day to day it goes by ssslllooowwww,especially stuck at work 5 days a week...a work day drags by because you look at the clock every 15 minutes,but when your doing something that you really want to do,something enjoyable you hardly ever look at the clock at all, and time seems to go by faster...and you cant say its not age when your only 18,when your 70, then you can accurately compare the two..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I just want to lay something to rest then, to those of you, for the sake of arguement, are say roughly, 35 ish and above, who feel the phenomena, would you agree, that even though time does speed up the older you get, that you never expected it to increase at this rate, at this time, specifically the last few years.

i'm 36 years old and yes, i do agree with you... but, as the 18 year old kid (the post right above yours) points out that age has nothing to do with this!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
how can the 18 year old say age has nothing to do with this?...their only 18...they have'nt lived long enough to accurately compare it to anything. most childrens lives are protected and sheltered from reality, they dont perceive whats really going on around them in the real world. after he/she lives the adult life that "most people" have to live, meaning working your life away for next to nothing, watching the world go by through a factory or office window. unless your lucky enough to marry into a free ride. then we'll see how he/she perceives the passage of time. my grandmother was 75 when she told me that it goes by faster the older you get. and she, having reached that age, would know far more than those who are much younger...
edit on 6-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by brettrix

i think it's the theory of relativity at work - the first day of your life, that first 24 hours, was your entire life up to that point.... the next 24 hours was half of your known existence so that day seemed shorter to you.... you don't realize these things until you get old and a day is just a very small fraction of your entire life's history.

I'd say you have it summed up in a nice little nutshell right there. It is all relative to how much time you have experienced thus far. When you are 80 a year is but a tiny piece of the whole and thus seems small. When you are 1 its been your whole life and so seems like a long time; and it is, to the one year old.

Every age in between is part of the continuum. The older one gets, the shorter years get, the faster time flies by; until one day your whole life was but a moment in eternity, and you are OK with that.

As a normally non-religious person, I am getting new and sudden glimpses of the possibility that there just might indeed be something incredibly fantastic after this life, or after 2012, or somewhere in the immediate future that bears a wonderful new kind of existence full of peace and harmony and exquisite wonder at the beauty of everything. As one who pretty much didn't worry about such things, to imagine that there could actually be something great around the corner is, well, refreshing.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join