It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
God is messing with time. Research Time of Sorrows and Great Tribulation, and correlate it with current world events. It will scare you. The reason why time feels like it is speeding up is because time for man is about to come to a screetching halt. It's kinda ironic that the Maya, and the IIcheng would have this grand apocalpyse at the same time the bible says were going to have the last apocalypse. It's either happening now or between 2012 and 2019.

While youre researching the first 2 things i told you, do a little more research about the prophecy of Israel that came to pass in 1948. Keep in mind that one generation is about 70 years, and it has been 63 years.

thankyou, im gonna have a little google of times of sorrows now. And i know everyone has a right to free speech, but please people who keep saying its my age, it SO isnt, this is something else.

Isn't "little google" an oxymoron?

lol, yes, unless you know youve got to get up in a few hours to get the kids off to school, and then you have to use restraint. Goodnight.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So i dont want to go too off topic here, and i dont actually have any link but im sure if you look around for it (especially on here) you can find some more info... But i've been reading a lot of things lately (here and otherwise) about a lot of different "ideas" of "something" that is going to happen in the near future. 2012,2011,Mayan prophecies, Hopi Prohecies, Renegade comets, alien invasions... the comming of a "new age"..etc... and while i admit i really dont buy too much into most of it, some of it does stick. To the point: One thing i did pick up on from a few different articles was the theory that, as we approach whatever it is (if there is something) that is coming it will seem that time is speeding up, but its not actually time itself, its our perception of time? Some liken it to a collective "awakening"" of some sort...others that the closer we get to this "event" the more aware we are of everything, some theories suggest that its even a shift from linear time to non-linear time... it's hard to see through all of the BS sometimes... and when you look at these "fringe" sights (as i like to call them lol) you tend to get more BS than anything... but i remember reading it and thinking "time does seem to be speeding up, but maybe it's just because i'm getting older?...or maybe I havent really thought about it untill i read these articles?".. But i noticed it in quite a few different "Stories", and i've heard quite a few people in my life talk about it ( just time feeling quicker than usual/something being off with it), and I've also seen other posts on here about it...

I dont know if anyone else has mentioned anything similar ( i didnt read all 14 pages of comments) but maybe it's just something to think about?

"

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Mrs. Doctor,

Have you been having too much fun lately? Because, as they say and which does seem to ring true, time flies when you're having fun. lol Just thought I should put that in.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If you want to feel better read this thread about time slips:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feeling like time is speeding up is at least less strange than losing it.

In my opinion, there is something going on - some of us are just more in tune to it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Consider how you perceive time. Perception is a big part of time and life in general. I experience the same thing, but it's because I'm working harder than I ever have to keep my job. I have less "free" time than I did before the economy hit the event horizon. I guess we'll find out what's on the other side of this black hole soon!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
think of this scenario as an example...if you walk down a street you've never been down before, everything is new to you,you'll spend more "time" looking at all the things you have'nt seen before as you walk along, time will seem to go by slower for you...but...if you've walked down that same street five hundred times, nothing is new, you've seen it all before and you wont spend any "time" looking at everything and time will seem to go by faster...its that same way with everything you do,everything you see and everywhere you go...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I had an experience just last week while running an antivirus scan on my laptop.

I normally hit scan and leave the room for a few minutes so the AV can do its thing..... but this time I hit the button and took a drink of water from a cup while still seated. As I was putting the cup back on the desk I looked and the scan had already been running for 11 minutes. Longest drink of water in my life.....

I remained seated through the whole scan (full system scan) in amazement as the 1 hour, 20 minute scan seemed to go by in 10 minutes. I usually can't sit still for more than five minutes and I drink coffee all day, but I sat through this.

I was discussing 9/11 with some buddies and we agreed that it seems like it happened 20 years ago, not 10.

Several times recently I've reacted to seeing any 2011 date in print and feeling like I'm looking at a past year, even future dates. So when I see 9/26/11 written out, I feel like that's a date that's already happened and that we're actually in the year 2012 already.

"The Quickening" was an interesting watch.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Its not just you. You may want to take a look at the Timewave Zero thread in the 2012 forum

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I just listened to a podcast with whitley Strieber and i believe it was with Howard Hughes(not him,this ones from Liverpool) And they were saying how fast time is going by and they even mentioned that random normal people were saying the same thing.
I have felt the same thing for a long time but i noticed a difference when i changed my surroundings for example - i moved to Florida a few years back and noticed that the first three months felt like an age,they felt more like two years.
If you are stuck in the same place and regime then time just whizzes by but when you travel around and do different things it seems to slow right down as if you are not stuck on over drive.And what i discovered in this thought process was variety is the spice of life,the more enriched challenging lifestyle you live the longer time seems to span out but that's just my perception brother and i agree with your post mostly,i feel in someway that time is flying by,faster than it should and i've felt this mostly in the last five years or so.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Does anyone want to actually quantify what time means to them? Because from all my observations, I can't say that time is moving any differently than 'normal'.

Consider the following:
  • A drive 100 miles will take the same time at the same speed it did 20 years ago. Your car can go the same amount of miles in an hour as it always has. If time was passing by faster, the car wouldn't be able travel as far in the same amount of time at the same speed.
  • I can get the same amount of things done in a day as I've always been able to. If time was passing by faster, I should be getting less done.
  • Any way we have to measure time by (mechanical watches, quartz) all reflect time as passing consistently. If time was passing faster, these measurements should decrease.
  • I can count each second out consistently, same as always. Each day is still made up the same amount of seconds. If time was passing by faster relatively to me, my count of seconds would be off (I have not counted every second in the day, but I have extrapolated short samples and they are consistent with the number of minutes and hours in a day).

Time is completely relative to the observer. Without an independent frame of reference to compare with, you cannot measure changes in 'the speed of time' (whatever that means, anyways). Even with relativity time will never speed up or slow down in relation to the observer. It would always be the other reference frame that appears change. For example, to someone caught in a black hole you would appear to speed up, while they would appear to slow down; neither person perceives that they are moving any differently.

So either time is not passing by faster, or we are experiencing time differently as compared to other frame of reference. But even if we've 'sped up' in relation to some base time (if there is any way to measure it) it would be the base time that appeared to slow down.

I would argue its not even your perception of time that has changed. Right here, in the 'now', do you perceive any changes? Can you read a newspaper article faster/slower? Are the clouds overhead moving any faster/slower? Does the next second feel longer or shorter than it should?

What's actually changed is your memory of time. When your mind commits less 'frames' to memory it will appear in hindsight (and this is important, as it only happens after the fact) as if less time has passed. This is the same reason why people say it was like 'time slowed down' when they get in an accident. Their brain commits everything to memory in a life threatening situation, so when they are reviewing it later it appears as if that moment took longer than usual, simply due to all the memories and increased detail available.

So I think a much more accurate explanation of these changes in perception is not that time is passing faster, but that your brain is committing less details to memory.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
Just thought I would post the obligatory bible verse.

Matthew 24.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Based on the fig tree prophecy it would appear the generation is 63-65 years old. Perhaps it's getting noticeable as the predicted events of Matthew 24 get closer?

It's funny how the bible has something to say for just about everything, and yet it's funny (not!) how ppl for the most part do not benefit from this rich resource.

The OP is very observant and brave to share this phenomenon.

Yes... time has been quickened, or stricly speaking: the days are shortened. IMHO, the days will speed up even more in the future. This just shows you that nothing is solid in this world, not even time, except for the promises of God, which are unchangable and unending. But hey dude, this is not alarming and is no problem If you know for sure where you are going... to eternal life: where there is no more time, as we know it.

Get right with Jesus, and the clock speeding up phenomenon will be a non-issue for the most part.
edit on 5/9/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
think of this scenario as an example...if you walk down a street you've never been down before, everything is new to you,you'll spend more "time" looking at all the things you have'nt seen before as you walk along, time will seem to go by slower for you...but...if you've walked down that same street five hundred times, nothing is new, you've seen it all before and you wont spend any "time" looking at everything and time will seem to go by faster...its that same way with everything you do,everything you see and everywhere you go...

In the short-term, time seems to speed up for me when my mind is occupied, rather than bored. I can think of a million examples in my life. Time is very slow if I'm watching the clock, you know?

A watched pot never boils?

Long-term memories as opposed to short-term are different.

It's interesting when thinking about the past. If your memories are all mostly the same because you've been doing the same thing for a long time then it will seem like one big blur.

If there're no defining memories then how can you sense the passage of time?

I think it's easier to remember the past if we do different things rather than the same things.

And if we do different things we will have defining memories.

So that would mean we could sense the passage of time better.

But that says nothing about whether it's fast or slow.

Those are my thoughts.
edit on 5-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't think anyone is alone when it comes to this phenomena. In fact, I think I've heard the very same thing from everyone I know. I, myself, say something about the time at least every other day if not more than that. Whatever it is, I just want it to finally SLOW DOWN because my mind doesn't seem to have the energy to keep up with this runaway freight train that is life
. Seriously, though, time really is going by fast as heck. Everyday, I fear the moment I look in the mirror an old man and wonder where the hell all those days and months and years in-between went. It's probably the most frightening thing besides death.

But because that's so depressing, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the whole time phenomena has something to do with 2012 and after that, hopefully time will begin to slow down again. Call it wishful thinking or whatever you want. Just know you're not alone and since we may never actually discover the real reason behind it, you have free reign to imagine it as anything you want

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
P.S. While I'm not endorsing illegal drug use nor am I suggesting you try them yourself, psilocybe mushrooms and '___' are known to have an effect on people's perception of the passage of time I.E. they slow it down in a way. Psychedelic bullet time

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
You should take a look at the time warp card in the illuminati new world order game. Some of the cards that have come true so far...twin tower attacks, pentagon attack, bp oil spill, japan earthquake and nuclear accident, tsunami...there have been more but I can't bring them to mind right now. This game was made before 1995 by Steve Jackson. All pictures of the cards are online.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The weather in the UK doesn't help.
I can recall warm summers... (oh, here we go - I hear!) where time would
tarry with you as one ran through cornfields of sun-burnt cereal.
The leaves of trees practically ached with green and their tall trunks held no fear
for a young Boy In A Dress.

The sea's temperature never bothered you, it was wet and wide... it holds a power
that only a child can feel. When October came around, the smell of smoky wax and
burnt turnip... (it's pumpkins these days!)...filled one's nostrils as you ran from house
-to-house in the darkness.

In the UK, Guy Fawkes Night is celebrated on 5th November and again, time would stand
aside as the skies were filled with crackling rainbows and smells of Dragon breath.
The next morning always saddened me, the remains of the fireworks looked so forlorn as
they hung flaccidly from telephone wires and guttering.

Christmas enters stage-left and again, smells of Mother busy in the kitchen and Father
grunting as he struggled with the decorations about the house.
Bright lights and roaring fires, tinsel and shiny paper... whether the event was God-related
was up to oneself and the TV sat morosely in the corner of the room, a box of entertainment
and not the focus of attention.

For Boy In A Dress, New Year's Eve was a quiet time and though merry voices could be heard
outside the house from time-to-time, the hermaphrodite enjoyed the feeling of sadness followed
by optimism -as the old year slipped away and the new one rushed in.

Time was a friend then, it waited with a smile with you and the future held no fears.
Now it wants to run ahead, it's found new friends to 'hang' with and wishes to be away.

Sometimes, when BIAD awakens and sits at the side of his bed in the wee-small hours, he's
sure he hears Time passing by outside. Places to go and people to see... and BIAD feels like
the ugly kid at the party again...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

i agree and a few ancient philosophys state as much. yoga also teaches that space also is a mental construct. as we are heading into some sort of vast change in our universe, some will be more perceptive than others.
since april i have found images on the TV to be 2 dimensional. of course they always were but lately i just notice it more and find it so strange.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
In the beginning of this March, my husband and I had similar dreams-
Mine happened in a half awake state, my eyes opened and seeing my room, but hearing a voice talking to me, so obviously not totally awake. It was being told me that at this time, there is an additional dimension being added to the experience of humans ; that the third was merging and including another. This other dimension had a different quality of time, time is « faster ».

It was also explained that many sorts of energy and radiation stimulate growth of matter (creation), and that it is only without conscious willful intent to direct it does it grow in chaotic of non-beneficial ways like cancer.

I did not totally get these concepts, I admit, and my understanding of the second part was like- if you USE a type of radition exposure with your will, you can transform your physical body in ways you desire. But why this was being said, I did not know.

That same night, my husband had a dream in which he was being shown an image of two parallel lines, and a vehicle moving along each, the one on the top line moving faster- he was told of different « timelines » in which time moves quicker.

Just a little while after, I found these articles:

io9.com...#!5619954/the-sun-is-changing-the-rate-of-radioactive-decay-and-breaking-the-rules-of-chemistry

news.stanford.edu...

Terrifying scientific discovery: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter…

For months mounting fear has driven researchers to wring their hands over the approaching solar storms. Some have predicted devastating solar tsunamis that could wipe away our advanced technology, others voiced dire warnings that violent explosions on the surface of the sun could reach out to Earth, breach our magnetic field, and expose billions to high intensity X-rays and other deadly forms of cancer-causing radiation.

Now evidence has surfaced that something potentially more dangerous is happening deep within the hidden core of our life-giving star: never-before-seen particles—or some mysterious force—is being shot out from the sun and it’s hitting Earth.

Whatever it is, the evidence suggests it’s affecting all matter.

Strange and unknown

Alarmed physicists first became aware of this threat over the past several years. Initially dismissed as an anomaly, now frantic scientists are shooting e-mails back and forth to colleagues across the world attempting to grasp exactly what is happening to the sun.

Worst of all, if the decay rates of matter are being mutated then all matter on Earth is being affected including the matter that makes up life.

The mutation may go so far as to change the underlying reality of the quantum universe—and by extrapolation-the nature of life, the principles of physics, perhaps even the uniform flow of time.

In fact, some evidence of time dilation has been gleaned from close observation of the decay rate. If particles interacting with the matter are not the cause—and matter is being affected by a new force of nature-then time itself may be speeding up and there’s no way to stop it.

www.projectworldawareness.com...

I apologize if someone else already made reference to this, I haven't read the whole thread. It is just food for thought!

edit on 6-9-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Some time ago I started a simular kind of thread because I also have the feel that something is wrong with how I perceive time the last few years.

My 'Time' thread...

Maybe you can find some usefull replies in here.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Firstly, i dont make many threads, so mods i hope ive posted this in the right forum
Ive got to get this out , just to see if anyone else is experiencing the same as me. This has been a "situation" that has pestered me for the last few years.
LIiterally, it feels as thought time is speeding up at an incredible pace in my world. I know that some say that the older you get the faster time seems to be going by. But i cant believe it goes this fast.
Im seeing a friend this week who i havent seen for six weeks, and it feels like a week, last Sunday feels like a day or two ago, my life is flying past me.
Its really bizarre and i hope i dont sound like im nuts. Has it affected anyone else? Perhaps its just my imagination, but it feels real.

The only logical reason I can find is that you seem to be involved in lot of things, happening around you. I sometimes think that if a day would have been 28 hours long, I could have done a lot more things. It's the side effect of the "modern" society we are living in. Cheers!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join