It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you find this funny again??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Another example of hyper sensitivity of the masses. Of course the boy is ok he landed on grass. What is wrong with you people. It's a prank, haven't you ever played a prank on someone!!

If they would have kicked the mattress away and the boy fell into a Tank of sharks, I would be appalled but he landed on grass people.

I play soccer and fall on the grass all the time. I guess I'm now playing one of the most dangerous sports in America because once in while I hit the turf.

And people wonder what's wrong with America. I'll tell you. We've all become over sensitive pansy Asses that's what!!!

You should be happy that their outside doing what kids are supposed to do than. Inside stuck on a video game or zombied out watching tv.

edit on 3-9-2011 by bftroop because: another thought

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Many "pranks" may not be life threatening..but they can indeed affect the quality of life...later on down the road. My example of the man with life long back injury..because of a prank is an example.

Are we supposed to say these pranks are ok..as long as nobody dies?

I understand your position, for what its worth I was never into slap stick humour as a child/teen, nor did I put salt in sugar bowls, or shove friends off walls whilst they attempted to show off their prowess.
That type of physical humour was never something my group of friends were into - I was more inclined to dip into verbal humour to give someone a ribbing.

Are you a) female ?
b) a mother ?
I can sense a really strong momma bear vibe from you

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

It's funny you mention soccer. Perhaps it's because so many people play it, but it has the most child injuries of any sport - even more than football! Stop running around and kicking a ball! Also, don't do what I used to do occasionally - as a rather large and fast Sweeper, I got good at timing throughballs to forwards coming at me where I could take them and the ball out at the same time. Punish them a few times coming through and they will think about it the next time. We also used to stand at midfield when the ball was out of play or something and purposefully rake your cleats on the back of the forwards calf, just while standing there. Also, you non-stop talked about how you were going to take them out on the next play. It is called sports.

CJ
edit on 3-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Axial Leader

In all cases, the laughter immediately cancels out or precludes the otherwise strong and unpleasant emotion.

Amazing point, like first a gasp then the laugh of relief.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Yes..I am a female..and yes..I am a mother..and maybe I can be referred to as a momma bear.

I'm fairly certain though..that there are those who don't find the video funny who are not mothers..perhaps such as yourself?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Probably already covered, but I didn't read all the comments.

It's funny because we DIDN'T see any pain. Had she kicked it away and we saw his neck break or arms break, or something equally painful, it wouldn't be funny. If we saw his reaction and it was pain and not anger, it wouldn't be funny.

Humor is always in the editing.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

We also used to stand at midfield when the ball was out of play or something and purposefully rake your cleats on the back of the forwards calf, just while standing there. Also, you non-stop talked about how you were going to take them out on the next play. It is called sports.

Injuries obtained through sports are a different story all together coloradojens. They are called accidents.

Now rubbing your cleats against an opponents calves..is NOT an accident..and should warrant being kicked out of a game..pronto!!

That is not sports..that is poor sportsmanship... and any good coach would not tolerate it.

I'm assuming you would think its all part of sports..if your child got his calves scraped up by some opponents cleats...on purpose? What are we telling our children if we say.."heck I did that as a kid..all part of sports"?

geeez..get the difference straight..between an accident..and a deliberate attempt at hurting someone...!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think its funny, as a youth my friends and I played pranks on each other...sometimes we got hurt, sometimes just a good laugh. Nothing wrong with this...

Good for the girl, I bet if she were black you would not call her a femanazi...I wager all that think its not funny now would like it was funny if a black girl kicked away the mattress...just my opinion...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

First off it's not cruel treatment, that dude was an idiot to be doing something like that to begin with and second, rather they kicked the mattress out of the way or not, he was still probably going to get the wind knocked out of him and if I did that to a friend, I would laugh same if it happened to me my friends would laugh, the worst that happens is you eat some grass and get the wind knocked out of you!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
I think its funny, as a youth my friends and I played pranks on each other...sometimes we got hurt, sometimes just a good laugh. Nothing wrong with this...

Good for the girl, I bet if she were black you would not call her a femanazi...I wager all that think its not funny now would like it was funny if a black girl kicked away the mattress...just my opinion...

???hunh?? If it was a black girl who did it..I'd still think its a mean spirited prank.

Its obvious we have different viewpoints on this..which is expected....but please don't bring the race card into this..it makes no difference if she was black, Chinese....or from India... my viewpoint is the same.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As much as I like Tosh.O and Americas Funniest Home videos during the Bob Saget era, I have to say that this clip sums up one side of human nature perfectly.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
OK, it's funny, I just had to laugh, but what is the deep down reason for it being funny. Some might not even find it funny, so just want to discuss the reasoning.

I wouldn't laugh if that happened to me, but would understand why others would laugh because I'm laughing at this video. So the questions remains, why do I find it funny? But maybe it can help me out if I find out why others would find it funny, if they find it funny. And why wouldn't they find it funny?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7aef492e1c41.gif[/atsimg]

Edit to Add:
And no, that's not me.
edit on 2-9-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

Ok Im sorry I do find this funny. You can easily analyze whats going on and can make a right guess that this guy did not get hurt badly. From what I see the ground is moist (which is why the mattress slid so easily). So yes it probably did hurt a little bit but he is fine so I laughed. Now If I would to find out the kid got hurt badly, I wouldn't laugh.

Originally posted by LargeFries
our government taps right into this and takes advantage of it by welcoming young people into the armed forces. one can boast of service to others and patriotic pride, while being allowed to indulge in the worst of human behavior without the threat of punishment or incarceration.

Define "welcoming young people into the armed forces". The age you have to be to leave for basic training is 18. How is this welcoming young people. When your 18 you are feeling the best (physically) you probably would ever feel in your life. When your 18 your now considered an adult can go to jail, buy tobacco, etc. So why would it be bad for an 18 year old to join the military?

Yes I do understand 18 is a younger age, but again your an adult. Your not a kid or teenager anymore, you have the decisions to make a difference or not.

edit on 3-9-2011 by krypt0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Have you ever fallen and laughed and cried at the situation at the same time,

just thinking.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This thread is a great resource for understanding who has and who does not have empathy.

Lack of empathy and lack of caring is what created this Hell we call Earth.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
...is this funny?...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c54c7b798698.gif[/atsimg]

...should these be banned cuz some goofy kid might see em and try it?...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5425b6083cd.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8a32c5607cf.gif[/atsimg]

...have you ever been guilty of this mindset?...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b482a9f1dce3.gif[/atsimg]

...no?... you've never nagged?... ever?... wow, do you have a tongue?...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb4038031260.gif[/atsimg]

...i've certainly beat my share of dead horses... who cares?... no one that matters...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f9cbbcd588f.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely
This thread is a great resource for understanding who has and who does not have empathy.

...imo, this thread is more insightful as to who will mount a faux humanitarian pedestal so they can either stroke their ego, attempt to control other people or both - which is far more indicative of sociopathic tendencies than someone who finds the video in the op funny...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by ColoradoJens

We also used to stand at midfield when the ball was out of play or something and purposefully rake your cleats on the back of the forwards calf, just while standing there. Also, you non-stop talked about how you were going to take them out on the next play. It is called sports.

Injuries obtained through sports are a different story all together coloradojens. They are called accidents.

Now rubbing your cleats against an opponents calves..is NOT an accident..and should warrant being kicked out of a game..pronto!!

That is not sports..that is poor sportsmanship... and any good coach would not tolerate it.

I'm assuming you would think its all part of sports..if your child got his calves scraped up by some opponents cleats...on purpose? What are we telling our children if we say.."heck I did that as a kid..all part of sports"?

geeez..get the difference straight..between an accident..and a deliberate attempt at hurting someone...!!!

As a matter of fact I have some pretty good dents, yes, dents in my shin bones. And yes, it is part of sports. I'm sorry if you don't understand. I had my acl torn up on a god-awful takle from behind - totally a cheap shot -I had my ankle broken from a cheap shot - I broke my big toe twice, both times when I was "stomped on" on purpose. I was punched in the back of the head and knocked cold resulting in a full field brawl (at the "Friendship" tournament)..and I loved every second of it. I guess I'm more of a masochist than I realize. My point is, walking out the door can hurt you. Kids being kids - just that - sometimes they are mean, nasty, unjustified, whatever - that is why the are kids.

Also, now that I am revealing my "criminal" past in sports, I'll let you in on some more tactics. Standing behind the forwards you could actually grab their shorts and give em a "wedgie" when they stared to run for the ball. Step on their achilles when they start to run and you can really get a good chuck of flesh - also, elbows are an excellent way to clear some space for headballs. If someone tries to cheapshot you and you see them coming, leave your feet and land with everything you have on their face - full body if possible. In a scrum, pinch, kick and crush toes. Dear lord that was a great time.

CJ

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

You need to reasses. Move to Africa or South America and think about those who have empathy and those who dont.

CJ

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I didn't read all the way through, but this is why....

*THERE IS LANGUAGE IN THIS. From AVENUE Q, Broadway Musical.*

Schadenfreude: German for 'happiness at the misfortune of others'.

Enjoy!

(To the Mods: If this video is 'too' inappropriate please remove. It's from a musical, but the musical IS rated 'R' I believe. I looked for a highschool version, which I found, but you can't understand the lyrics. Decided NOT to just post the lyrics- cause of the naughty words
Oi! I just don't know what to do!? ) Please be gentle.

edit on 3/9/11 by ElizaAshdene because: Haven't yet figured out all the features, i.e. youtube...

Edit to add: Did some reading... and decided that too many people have a tendency to get their panties in a twist just for the sake of twistin'. So... I've removed the video. It. Is. Hilarious. Just saying.

edit on 3/9/11 by ElizaAshdene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It is the surprise or the unexpected about the situation thats funny. The initial funny would immediately be replaced by concern in 99% of people at the first sight of pain or blood. People are not evil by nature, I'll never believe that. Of course there are some bad apples but most people are born good hearted and only through their enviroment or upbringing are turned evil.

However, laughing at this goofy clip, doesn't make anyone evil.

just my two cents worth.

Strict...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join