It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you find this funny again??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunchBocks
Sorry but I see nothing at all wrong with this, he isn't going to seriously get hurt by doing things like that.

Whatever happend to "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"?
edit on 2-9-2011 by LunchBocks because: (no reason given)

Ummm... he was diving onto a mattress. She kicked the mattress out of the way while he was in the air. So, she can hurt him very badly when he isn't prepared for something like that to happen, and has no time to compensate for it.

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" is normally true in the mental, spiritual, emotional sense. Not in the physical sense.
edit on 3-9-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I laughed at it. Why? I dunno, it was just funny, and unexpected. Would I be laughing if that was my kid? Nope, but it's not. Does that make me a bad person? Don't know, don't care.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by confreak
OK, it's funny, I just had to laugh, but what is the deep down reason for it being funny. Some might not even find it funny, so just want to discuss the reasoning.

I wouldn't laugh if that happened to me, but would understand why others would laugh because I'm laughing at this video. So the questions remains, why do I find it funny? But maybe it can help me out if I find out why others would find it funny, if they find it funny. And why wouldn't they find it funny?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7aef492e1c41.gif[/atsimg]

Edit to Add:
And no, that's not me.
edit on 2-9-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

Laughing anf finding something humerous is often a natural defence to something that distresses the human mind. It is natural.

It doesn't distress me at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Ah, ok. I and millions of others are sociopaths for laughing at people doing stupid stuff...
CJ
american culture ? , enough said

Great to hear from the Blame America First crowd.

Japanese game shows are much more dangerous than this redneck prank.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Scary that a large portion of society doesn't give a dam
anymore and has replaced sensibility with unwitting laughter.

Getting entertainment from other pain, would fall in the category
and definition of :
Without concern for the effects on others ,
Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires.

edit on 3/9/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/132b39154632.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Ummm do you find this funny?

media.adamdodson.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I love that GIF.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Oh wow a teenager belly flopped on grass. I pray he's ok (sarc)
Seriously...

Some people act like they've never horsed around when they were young, pulled silly pranks and were only allowed out in a neck brace, blow up body suit and a crash helmet.

Hurting yourself is a part of life, some of us have ended up face first in the grass THAT'S why it's funny...

edit on 2-9-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

Is it still funny when the kid gets up and beats the girl? OH NO!!! you can't hit a girl. and if the roles were reversed would it still be so funny?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
I laughed at it. Why? I dunno, it was just funny, and unexpected. Would I be laughing if that was my kid? Nope, but it's not. Does that make me a bad person? Don't know, don't care.

Well there's the problem right there, " Don't know, don't care"

Ever been tortured and laughed at while you were in pain? ever been tormented?
What if I was to say that i think footage of your mother being raped was hilarious, would that concern you? would you 'care' about that?
How would you feel if you were the kid in the gif? you'd be pretty pissed, why would the girl do that? what if the kid had of injured his neck, should the girl be criminally prosecuted?

Be an active member of both your community and the human race and learn to care or else when bad things happen to you, maybe no one will care.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I agree that it's probably morally not right to laugh when most things like this happen, but I did have a giggle when I saw that he wasnt injured. The female who kicked the matress deserves a good slapping though.

Why is everyone saying "kid", that dude looks like a full grown adult with some facial hair and a bit of a beer gut, see how far he jumps? That aint no kid, looks like he's at least 18 from what I'm seing.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Ever been tortured and laughed at while you were in pain? ever been tormented? What if I was to say that i think footage of your mother being raped was hilarious, would that concern you? would you 'care' about that?

Whoa nellie! That's taking it too far buddy! Take it easy, and quit being so uptight! I'm sure the kid is okay, don't got to start talking about torture and mom's being raped.
This is just a prank! Sheesh
edit on (3/9/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

Whoa nellie! That's taking it too far buddy! Take it easy, and quit being so uptight! I'm sure the kid is okay, don't got to start talking about torture and mom's being raped. This is just a prank! Sheesh

The problem with saying this is just a prank..is that it condones pranks..and pranks have led to some very serious injuries..and yes.. even death.

I know of someone who pulled a chair away from someone who was leaning up ,and when they went to sit back in the chair.. poof..on to the ground they went..and this was a stool so the fall was a ways down. This person seriously hurt his back..could not work.. and it changed his life from that moment on.

Ha ha..its just a silly prank.. right? NO...its stupid !!!

Until you are on the receiving end of a silly "prank" that causes serious life long injuries..you may never really understand how serious pranks can be.

edit on 3-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Violater1

You are praying for that poor child to be ok? Do you live in a box? Good on her for kicking it away - the kid probably deserved it.

CJ

He probably deserved it? Where did that come from? how could you possibly know that?

hmmmm

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

*cough cough - uptight- cough -sensitive- cough*

Sorry must be coming down with a cold! But seriously, I don't see how comparing this video, with being tortured, or someone's mom being raped really adds up! If you are so worried about this kid in the video, maybe you should look him up, do some research and find out who he is, and go coddle him and embrace him, and tell him 'Everything is gonna be alright'! Chances are, he has appeared on Tosh.0 already, got his 15 minutes of fame, and is now happy that the video was released. Worst case scenario, he hurt his ego and maybe his collarbone, but now he can impress girls with a clicking collarbone!

Either way, I think you are making too much out of this.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAPurMAMA

*cough cough - uptight- cough*

Sorry must be coming down with a cold! But seriously, I don't see how comparing this video, with being tortured, or someone's mom being raped really adds up! If you are so worried about this kid in the video, maybe you should look him up, do some research and find out who he is, and go coddle him and embrace him, and tell him 'Everything is gonna be alright'! Chances are, he has appeared on Tosh.0 already, got his 15 minutes of fame, and is now happy that the video was released. Worst case scenario, he hurt his ego and maybe his collarbone, but now he can impress girls with a clicking collarbone!

Either way, I think you are making too much out of this.

Why do you insist on taking what I say out of context..

What I'm worried about is that people think that mean spirited pranks are ok.. and refuse to see that many serious injuries could be prevented if people had a different outlook on what is considered "funny".

I have no desire to go coddle the boy who got pranked on.. but I sure have a desire to go give the girl who did it a taste of her own medicine.

The cavalier approach you take to this..may indeed come back to haunt you..when you or someone close to you becomes a victim of a childish "prank" . Hopefully you will still feel the same when someone says.."hey geez..now you can impress with your clicking collarbone, and a limp"

By the way..thanks for ..*cough* ....revealing your character ..karma right back at ya.

edit on 3-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Because I am onniscient.

CJ

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I sure have a desire to go give the girl who did it a taste of her own medicine.

...ah, so its okay for you to think about being a violent judge and penalty executor but its bad to laugh at stupid stuff... alrighty... glad that we got that cleared up...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f5494dd0c7d.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by gabby2011
I sure have a desire to go give the girl who did it a taste of her own medicine.

...ah, so its okay for you to think about being a violent judge and penalty executor but its bad to laugh at stupid stuff... alrighty... glad that we got that cleared up...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f5494dd0c7d.gif[/atsimg]

I think some people don't learn until they become victims of what they execute..simple as that...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You just hit the proverbial nail on the head...a while back I posted I did something similar as a five year old - and I LEARNED FROM MY MISTAKE...by doing something dumb (which ALL children do)...I believe, without knowing what this really means, but that incident, made me think twice about doing it again. And I felt bad -AND I started to defend the "picked on" kids...maybe I felt so bad I LEARNED something.

CJ

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join