It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you find this funny again??

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

...ah, cj, i must be crabbier than usual today cuz those were hard to watch... i'll give onion points for satire but those they're making fun of will never stop ruining the world and that makes me sad...

...i feel SO much better now...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I didn't really find it funny, but probably because there wasn't any sound. Maybe if it was a higher quality video with sound I would have laughed.

Although, when it is a video of guys getting whacked in the balls, I don't find it incredibly funny, although some people do. Those types of videos I can barely watch because it looks so painful and I can barely even think about it without wincing.

This might be very mean, but I even find myself laughing when the Grape Lady falls. It isn't so much the fact that she falls, but her cry sounds very odd.

and then there's this one

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Oh golly, we used to sit around the old tube and watch The Mary Tyler Moore show - my mom thought she was "to die for"...Tim Conway and Harvey Korman always kept me in stiches...missus a whiggins...lol.
Here is some more possible angering humor.

CJ
edit on 7-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

lol...I posted that vid just a few pages back...nice to see Family Guy picked up on it..

CJ

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

...human giant?... okay, you finally got me to admit that i'm a very traditional old fart and i'm so glad i dont watch tv anymore cuz thats just WAY too eeee-uuu...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Yes, Aziz Anasari is now on a show called "Parks and Recreation" on NBC. I think the video is funny because it it makes the guy who cut his shlong off realize he could have been more famous if he just made funny faces - I am a fan of sketch humor...

CJ

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Speaking of violent slapstick,
I don't know if anyone posted about this yet. When I see going-on 10-to-15 pages, well......(my eyes cross!):

Even though I --otherwise-- hate....violence, (and by the way, I HATE 'Americas Funniest Videos')

I absolutely LOVE The Three Stooges. This vid here, is one that just has me laughing out loud! Go figure!

edit on 7-9-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arbelisk

You think that its wrong yet you say hope he got some payback.... Hypocritical horse crap. Typical. Your only holier than the rest of us til it's time for revenge right....

edit on 10-9-2011 by constantwonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
reply to post by arbelisk

You think that its wrong yet you say hope he got some payback.... Hypocritical horse crap. Typical. Your only holier than the rest of us til it's time for revenge right....

edit on 10-9-2011 by constantwonder because: (no reason given)

Constantwonder,
I think its a normal reaction to hope that someone who does harm to someone else..and thinks its funny..gets the same treatment in return..

To call him hypocritical..is petty.... when in fact he is feeling the same way you would..had you been picked on and bullied.. without provocation... like he said he did.

.here is Arbelisk's post in quote ...seems like a normal human response to me..nothing hypocritical about it...

Its not funny. I've had cruel stuff done to me like that before. I never horsed around, cause I thought it was stupid. But I had other people do things to me when I was minding my own business. Hope he got the girl back for doing that to him.

So are you saying that... if you had cruel things been done to you..and did nothing to make it happen..you wouldn't feel the same? You would just walk away..and wish well to your bullies? I find find it hard to believe ..if you said yes..considering you jumped down this guys throat.. for merely having feelings of righteous revenge.
edit on 10-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've been dealing with Sciatica since April 2011, the first 3 months were the worst, couldn't sleep or enjoy life in general. I did everything I could think of to get better, after a bit I went for acupuncture, 10 sessions later and I no longer had to pass out from the pain when I couldn't take it anymore. During the days where I was already used to the pain but couldn't do anything I'd start laughing, my mother asked me why am I laughing, I said it's because I can't cry anymore.

I also remember when I took aikido when I was younger, getting my arm nearly broken by the instructor during a demonstration at full speed, tears came out from the pain but I also chuckled.

I don't know but pain is funny sometimes, unless the person is REALLY hurt. I think stuff like the OP posted is hilarious, all in good fun.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Agreed. People need to learn to laugh a little. Be it a failed jump, or a sneezing panda, everyone must find something funny.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by twi5ted

Agreed. People need to learn to laugh a little. Be it a failed jump, or a sneezing panda, everyone must find something funny.

Difference between a failed jump..and somebody making sure it fails....
...just make sure you remember to laugh when you're at the end of someone's attempt at humor..when they coerce to make sure you splat full body into the ground.

And I do laugh at many things... I just found this video to be a bit on the cruel side..but then again some people get off on that kind of stuff...(shrugs)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

If I can correct myself,

I think most people will assume that that kid is ok, and find it humorous that his attempt was sabotaged "Kids being kids." With America's funniest Videos, and the amount of humour exactly like this on youtube, I think this generation takes this to be what humour is, and not what It used to be.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by twi5ted
reply to post by gabby2011

If I can correct myself,

I think most people will assume that that kid is ok, and find it humorous that his attempt was sabotaged "Kids being kids." With America's funniest Videos, and the amount of humour exactly like this on youtube, I think this generation takes this to be what humour is, and not what It used to be.

yep..I guess this generation has raised the bar on humor...

Like I said..when sabatoge happens to your kid..or yourself..just make sure you have a good laugh..

The humor on youtube, and AFV that is in this vein of thought..is humorless to me..

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by twi5ted

Huzzah! Agreed. Do as many crazy pranks as humanly possible. When a prank is pulled on you, make sure to harbor ill will towards everyone for the rest of your life...DO NOT laugh at yourself. This is weak and cruel. Only go for non-vadvillian type stuff. Don't laugh when something is funny to you - it will show the world how cruel and mean spirited you are...amazing how people attack you for laughing at an AFV video...wow -what a serious issue - and lastly, run and hide from those with no sense of humor - they will just vampire drain your life force.

CJ

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by twi5ted

Huzzah! Agreed. Do as many crazy pranks as humanly possible. When a prank is pulled on you, make sure to harbor ill will towards everyone for the rest of your life...DO NOT laugh at yourself. This is weak and cruel. Only go for non-vadvillian type stuff. Don't laugh when something is funny to you - it will show the world how cruel and mean spirited you are...amazing how people attack you for laughing at an AFV video...wow -what a serious issue - and lastly, run and hide from those with no sense of humor - they will just vampire drain your life force.

CJ

I guess everyone has different view of whats funny...

laughing at ones self is good.. ... and I've done it plenty of times.

but to what extent some will go to for a laugh, is questionable.

All I can say in the end..is that I'm grateful for those who share my sense of humor.

(sounds like you need to lighten up if you have to run and hide.. how could you possibly let what you consider to be humorless people drain your life force?)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Many of these folks got payback...all good in fun! I think some poster mentioned he never fouled someone playing D1 soccer - keeper ok, but yeah.

CJ
edit on 18-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join