It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you find this funny again??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
OK, it's funny, I just had to laugh, but what is the deep down reason for it being funny. Some might not even find it funny, so just want to discuss the reasoning.

I wouldn't laugh if that happened to me, but would understand why others would laugh because I'm laughing at this video. So the questions remains, why do I find it funny? But maybe it can help me out if I find out why others would find it funny, if they find it funny. And why wouldn't they find it funny?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7aef492e1c41.gif[/atsimg]

Edit to Add:
And no, that's not me.
edit on 2-9-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Nothing funny here, just cruel treatment to some poor child. I pray that he is OK.
By the way, that's a girl that kicks the mattress away!
Typical
femanazi!

edit on 2-9-2011 by Violater1 because: Femanazi's are evil!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm glad you posted this. I too still do not understand what possess people to do this... My sister came to mind when I read this because when anybody hurts themselves she always laughs and to tell you the truth it pisses me off very quickly.

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Oh wow a teenager belly flopped on grass. I pray he's ok (sarc)
Seriously...

Some people act like they've never horsed around when they were young, pulled silly pranks and were only allowed out in a neck brace, blow up body suit and a crash helmet.

Hurting yourself is a part of life, some of us have ended up face first in the grass THAT'S why it's funny...

edit on 2-9-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

You are praying for that poor child to be ok? Do you live in a box? Good on her for kicking it away - the kid probably deserved it.

CJ

link   

laughter as a response to observing others physical pain has mystified me for years. there are exceptions of course, where perhaps the victim displays an amusing reaction, gesture or appearance. but for the most part it seems like the larger part of a crowd will openly laugh when someone trips over their own feet, falls walking up stairs, you name it.

evidently this phenomena has existed for a very long time. slapstick comedy came into vogue very long ago and the antics of The Three Stooges are still relished today by most guys. but there is a big difference in watching professionals suffer pratfalls for our amusement and seeing someone suffering.

i think this speaks loudly toward mankind's ever-present dark side. as much as people may want to deny it, shun it and hide it, we are mean cruel beasts that treat each other poorly. we are descendants of barbaric killers. our government taps right into this and takes advantage of it by welcoming young people into the armed forces. one can boast of service to others and patriotic pride, while being allowed to indulge in the worst of human behavior without the threat of punishment or incarceration.

link   

My apology - double post. think it's time for a new mouse!
edit on 9/2/2011 by LargeFries because: accidental double post.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Yeah. Where we grew up that was called - normal - we designed the games for maximum carnage, actually.

CJ

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
To answer your question op Its kind of funny. I see it as funny because I remember doing things like that when I was young, and I know it's fun to prank people. And he kinda flailed out when he crashed. I think the kid who crashed will survive, and I hope he will get the prankster back.

It doesn't make me sad or anything. Just seems like some kids horsing around, the dude didn't even crash that hard!!!! Compared to the stuff I did when I was young this doesn't look bad at all.

Dirt clod wars
Fruit wars, yes! We would have fights with apples, plums, pears. We would run around and huck em at eachother like gernaids.
Shooting wadded up paper towells out of a potato gun at eachother
BB gun wars
Wrestling
Hitting huge jumps on crappy bikes, and tricycles.

Ahhh, the good ol' days, When kids played outside!
edit on 2-9-2011 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

edit on 2-9-2011 by DrumsRfun because: no reason

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sorry but I see nothing at all wrong with this, he isn't going to seriously get hurt by doing things like that.

Whatever happend to "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"?
edit on 2-9-2011 by LunchBocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You're not laughing at the pain, the comedy of it is that you did not expact the girl to kick away the mattress, thats funny, the enexpected result. Ever see Charlie Brown get the football pulled away from him a million or so times?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Dirt clod wars, lol. Haven't heard that in a long time. What about just plain and simple getting beaten by your older siblings? Any game could result in serious punshment and no crying to mom or you'd pay later for it.

CJ

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Her name is Lucy. His name is Charlie Brown.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d4203f81e89.jpg[/atsimg]

It is September, and football season is now upon us.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frira

Originally posted by Violater1

Her name is Lucy. His name is Charlie Brown.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d4203f81e89.jpg[/atsimg]

It is September, and football season is now upon us.

Epic, and please no one post the family guy video, it won't surpass the post above me.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Doggoneit, Frira beat me too it. It's funny because we have been messing with each other in this fashion for Millennium! It is slapstick, it's the Three stooges, Laurel and Hardy, and The Marx Bros....Its every friend we've had get hit in the cajones playing golf. Me personally (im a bit of a masochist) would have laughed if it had been me... all this "Oh my God that poor child" sentiment is false holier than thou BS you would laugh your self silly if you had been there. My friend and I Mr K lets call him, Every time we have an argument where it may come to Earl of Queensbury rules we step outside and have a Roman Candle fight, and if you dont think that everyone watching on our block isn't laughing you do not know what humor is!!

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: Getting names right

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

I have to admit - that was the first thing that came to my mind too.

I'm thinking the other thing is that there is just something about the whole thing that gives the appearance of the, "Hey Everybody Watch This Because I'm About To Do Something Really Stupid" attitude that seems to plague we males of the species in our youth - ok often times for our entire lives.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

evidently this phenomena has existed for a very long time. slapstick comedy came into vogue very long ago and the antics of The Three Stooges are still relished today by most guys. but there is a big difference in watching professionals suffer pratfalls for our amusement and seeing someone suffering.

I totally agree with your post large fries..and it rather concerning that humans seem to find humor in anothers pain. Americas funniest videos ..is not so funny at times.

When i watched this video..I felt bad for that kid.. But I will say this.. if they had done it to the girl (after she pulled this fast one)..or played some prank on her that would have had her feeling pain..I would have laughed....cause she would have deserved it.

For those of you who think its all just silly pranks.. should we all laugh when one is played on you..and you lose an eye cause of it?

I'm sure the ones that have posted there is nothing wrong with this..would be the first ones running to a lawyer.. if they were seriously injured through such a prank.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

You are praying for that poor child to be ok? Do you live in a box? Good on her for kicking it away - the kid probably deserved it.

CJ

??? what is wrong with worrying if the child is ok?

Let me ask you this..if that was one of your kids... and you saw some kid do that to him or her, and they splatted on the ground..injuring their wrist perhaps.. would you look at your kid..and laugh.. and tell them they probably deserved it? If you wouldn't do that..you are being a bit of a hypocrite..no?

yeah..its all funny till it hits close to home..isn't it.

I have to add here... I'm very surprised at your response... like its stupid to worry about the kid..?? (shakes head).. go figure.

edit on 2-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

CJ

??? what is wrong with worrying if the child is ok?

Let me ask you this..if that was one of your kids... and you saw some kid do that to him or her, and they splatted on the ground..injuring their wrist perhaps.. would you look at your kid..and laugh.. and tell them they probably deserved it? If you wouldn't do that..you are being a bit of a hypocrite..no?

yeah..its all funny till it hits close to home..isn't it.

I have to add here... I'm very surprised at your response... like its stupid to worry about the kid..?? (shakes head).. go figure.

edit on 2-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

I laugh at my kid when she gets payback for one of her pranks, ohhh nooss im a bad parent

Kids bounce...I do not know if you have one, but they are tough little beggars and can take quite a hit. Hell I fell out of a tree when I was a kid from about 15ft up when I was finally able to breathe again I laugheddd!!!!
If you get upset at every little thing your kid gets hurt by youll be over protective sooner or later and your kid will be an agoraphobic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join