It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you find this funny again??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Sorry, I didn't laugh. It looked like it hurt.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I find the humor in life.

I laugh at my misfortunes. I laugh at others misfortune. As long as no one dies and the victim finds it funny as well, then it's all good.

Some people just need to let go and not take offense to people plights being hilarious.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Also, that image is incomplete. You don't even know what it really looked like.

It looked like a boy in the air and nothing else.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NebulaZero

I think you're not seeing the full animation. Dude hit the dirt.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I stand corrected. I see the full image now. I must have had a delay. That looked like a gnarly faceplant.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NebulaZero

you laughed?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It's funny at first, but it is mean. The other two kids obviously conspired against the one kid, and he could've been seriously hurt, then would it be funny? What if he broke both his wrists and maybe his jaw? Would it be funny then? Practical jokes are always cute and funny until someone gets hurt, then its like "Oh S###!"

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I am sorry that I didn't read the whole thread, but just wanted to give my opinion on the OP's question.

Linguists think that one of the first signs of verbal comunication was laughter.

The example goes something like this: Imagine a pre-language tribe. All members of this tribe are extremely important as life is very hard and comunities are very small.
One member trips and falls flat on his face inside the cave, the other members get scared he has hurt himself to a degree where he can not hunt and provide, the crowd goes silent in the same matter as we do when someone falls(ooooh). As soon as he gets up everyone shares that relief that he is allright with a good laugh.

But in this case I think it's just good comedy. We laugh because we see ourself in the situation, both as the kid who bites the grass and as the kid who lacks a bit of impulse control and chooses to remove the matress.
I mean, who here has never been in a similar situation. I know I have

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

It's all about context.

Example: If the kid doing the faceplant was bullied by the other kids in school and he had been invited by them for a bit of fun; finaly he thinks they accept him..... But agony over all agony they only wanted to hang with him so they could pull this prank on him. He sprains his wrist, runs crying home to his parents. Boy develops social anxiety disorder. Not funny.

or

These are really good friends just mucking about, a few bruises a clap on the shoulder and some revenge plans all in good fun. Boy develops good social skills. That is funny.

In this case it's up to you to make up the context and how you react is most likely up to what context you yourself imagine. I choose the second, you seem to choose the first.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

That kid was about to land on an air mattress that he would have gone right through to begin with and hit the ground, he was screwed the second he wanted to do it. either way rather he landed on the air mattress or the ground it still would have been uncomfortable. And yes I laughed at it, the stupid things people do to themselves!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

Well there is no context to the video, which is why I posted what I did. Without context we are really just speculating. It is somewhat funny, but I think if that were me I would probably be pretty angry. Friends or not, they were still laughing at the other kids expense, they may see him as somewhat of a friend but still consider him an outsider enough to repeatedly do things like this, and because he wants to hang out with them he accepts it and moves on. I know because there was a kid that my friends and I would also mess with, and he wanted to be our friends so he put up with most of it. Now looking back, I feel really bad about it.

edit: The kid was kind of nerdy and what not and wasn't "naturally cool" type of person. But all the same. The kid in this video seems like hes probably not that kind of kid and they all mess with each other, just saying there are limits to how much you mess with someone before they finally snap.
edit on 9/3/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

...i've certainly beat my share of dead horses... who cares?... no one that matters...

This statement ^^^ is far more indicative of who has sociopathic tendencies (anyone who can say ..who cares? followed by ..no one that matters... has got some serious ego issues themselves) .. and if you think I was trying to stroke my ego by saying I thought the op was mean spirited....have at it..

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

...imo, this thread is more insightful as to who will mount a faux humanitarian pedestal so they can either stroke their ego, attempt to control other people or both - which is far more indicative of sociopathic tendencies than someone who finds the video in the op funny...

Good grief...
Coming from someone who has called someone who fell while stomping grapes an idiot..who should not breed children...

You seem to have the most ego here wynn.. ..and if you really think anybody with half a brain buys the comment above..you're not only egotistical..you're delusional as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

As a matter of fact I have some pretty good dents, yes, dents in my shin bones. And yes, it is part of sports. I'm sorry if you don't understand. I had my acl torn up on a god-awful takle from behind - totally a cheap shot -I had my ankle broken from a cheap shot - I broke my big toe twice, both times when I was "stomped on" on purpose. I was punched in the back of the head and knocked cold resulting in a full field brawl (at the "Friendship" tournament)..and I loved every second of it. I guess I'm more of a masochist than I realize. My point is, walking out the door can hurt you. Kids being kids - just that - sometimes they are mean, nasty, unjustified, whatever - that is why the are kids.

You're point makes no sense.. What does make sense is that someone who cleats an opponents shins behind their back will get some cheap shots back at him.

Sorry..I was a kid too.. and I never saw a lot of this nasty type behavior..just for the "fun" of it. You make it sound like being a kid is a get out of jail free card for being mean nasty and unjustified.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Since when do children have beards? I believe that is the father and the daughter kicked the mattress, you can also see the son come in from the left. So it makes it even more hilarious!! Kids 1, Dad 0!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Have you ever watched pro sports, lol? Where do kids get this? Competitive sports are just that - trash talk, cheap shots, etc. Sports are brutal. It's called "gaining an advantage"...there was one guy my buddy and I could rile him up so bad just plain making fun of him on the field WE KNEW we could goad him into cheapshotting us (yes, we WANTED that) so he would get kicked out of the game. It was predicatble and funny. If you don't think coaches tell their kids, "yeah that #13 is a hothead - foul him a couple times and see if he comes unglued" than you either don't have kids in sports or you didn't listen hard enough.
Have you ever heard the term "a professional foul"? One in which the player purposefully fouls another so as not to give an advantage to the other team. It IS part f the game. I hope you never hear what goes on in a fumble pile -HS College and Pro - you may faint.

CJ

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111

Since when do children have beards? I believe that is the father and the daughter kicked the mattress, you can also see the son come in from the left. So it makes it even more hilarious!! Kids 1, Dad 0!!!

Ha! Now your going to have the "why can't kids have beards?" crowd on you. Yeah, that video is harmless. Just run of the mill everyday kids stuff.

CJ

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The action itself is not funny. The funny part is a concept added to the situation by the observers brain. This concept is only relevant to the observer (some people find an action funny that others observing the same action wont). A person smiling or laughing at an event is signaling approval (the funny concept). The rest of the unconscious universe does not give a monkeys poo he landed on his face. If you found it funny, then that's great for you. If you found it upsetting or worrying, that's bad for you, and if like the rest of the unconscious universe, you had no feeling? You just wasted a tiny bit of your life.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Have you ever watched pro sports, lol? Where do kids get this? Competitive sports are just that - trash talk, cheap shots, etc. Sports are brutal. It's called "gaining an advantage"...there was one guy my buddy and I could rile him up so bad just plain making fun of him on the field WE KNEW we could goad him into cheapshotting us (yes, we WANTED that) so he would get kicked out of the game. It was predicatble and funny. If you don't think coaches tell their kids, "yeah that #13 is a hothead - foul him a couple times and see if he comes unglued" than you either don't have kids in sports or you didn't listen hard enough.
Have you ever heard the term "a professional foul"? One in which the player purposefully fouls another so as not to give an advantage to the other team. It IS part f the game. I hope you never hear what goes on in a fumble pile -HS College and Pro - you may faint.

CJ

Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Its not funny. I've had cruel stuff done to me like that before. I never horsed around, cause I thought it was stupid. But I had other people do things to me when I was minding my own business. Hope he got the girl back for doing that to him.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join