It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you find this funny again??

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

If you are basing your humanity upon the youth sports movement of the US, you will not find what you are looking for, sorry. It is a brutal world out there. Dog eat dog comes to mind.

CJ

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
You seem to have the most ego here wynn..
you're not only egotistical..you're delusional as well.

...thank ya, thank ya very much, sugar pie honey bunch...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

My point is. A. It's a kid. Very resilient those youngsters. B. It's a joke and I'm sure he got up and laughed it off. C. He landed on the ground is not much harder than the mattress. Again another fine example of over sensitivity.

And yes it's funny.

BTW I don't play soccer that way,and I have never taken out a player unless it was unintentional.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

you're welcome..anytime.. by the way..didn't watch the video..but is that you doing a face plant into the tree?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
...heres my tribute to control freaks...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

BTW I don't play soccer that way,and I have never taken out a player unless it was unintentional.

Thank you...this part of your post has restored a little hope for sportsmanship in sports.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

Well, I suppose I only played D-1 college, so I was never a pro...but if you have never fouled someone intentionally, you wont play college soccer. End of story.

CJ

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The sad part about it Gabby, there is NO sportsmanship in sports anymore. There hasn't been for a long time. Youth sports are for furthering agendas, not sportmanship.

CJ

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

If you are basing your humanity upon the youth sports movement of the US, you will not find what you are looking for, sorry. It is a brutal world out there. Dog eat dog comes to mind.

CJ

Thats right..everyone should lower themselves to your standard of play..because its a dog eat dog world..

That is exactly the mentality that has made this world so corrupt. Much better to accept the corruption , and even join in..instead of take a stand against it..is what your type of mentality says.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Allright you two...witches and assess. Knock it off! This is almost as funny as some kid kicking away an inflatible mattress just as some dude is about to jump on it! Peace.

CJ

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

The sad part about it Gabby, there is NO sportsmanship in sports anymore.

The sad part is that people accept that..and join right in with the cheap shots and intentional hurting of players.

I've seen plenty of sportsmanship in youth soccer,and baseball. You'd be surprised what good coaching and parenting can teach a child.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Lower themselves? I was Captain of the state select team?? I was "payed" to play in college via scholarship.
It was BECAUSE of how I played I was able to further my career. Funny how that works in sports. As I said before, there is no sportsmanship anymore.

Edit to add: oh, yes, little children playing soccer and baseball the first few years is great...fun and good times. About 5th grade that all changes. The kids who are not that good are now gone - teams travel, pay $ for everything, coaches are PAID PROS - yes class A licensed coaches...maybe a B now and then...please, I am immersed in this so I know...parents hire personal trainers for little johnny, go to Chile in the summer for camp, etc etc etc....If you are not going to compete at the highest level, you will not be on the team.

CJ
edit on 3-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

edit on 3-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Knock it off!

...make me...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hahaha...what in the name of???
Erik de torres?

CJ

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What's the point of this thread? It's funny to some people and stupid to others, so OP has discovered perspectives good job...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Hi, sorry I didn't read the whole thread so it may be said already...I don't think it's the dark side or at least not everytime. Look, I'm not a great evolution believer, but in this case I'm just wondering. (nevertheless I could explain why it is not problem to me (at the same time)) The point is we have to ask what laughing is. If we take the view of antropology, laughing can be traced to our ape past. When we look at chimpanzee's behaviour we can see that similar gesture appears also with fear, stress, anxiety etc.
And yes this wasn't funny. Sometimes in such situations man just has to fight with laugh-tendency even if he knows and at the same time feels it isn't funny at all. It's definitelly not a happiness emotion.
Man just has to ask what humor is. What is so funny on spoken jokes actually? When you analyse what has just happened to your mind after realising punch line, you may could find it all out. Let's hope the result won't be just the loss of sense of humor.

edit on 3/9/2011 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't think it's funny, watching it actually makes me kind of angry. The kid was so excited he was going to do something cool and someone had to come along and ruin it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
...sometimes things are just funny and it has nothing at all to do with some ancient dna coding of how to respond to fear or upsetting situations...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join