It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens episode "Aliens and Ancient Engineers" kicked *SS!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

I'm not an archeologist, neither is Daniken or any of his ancient aliens lackeys. Maybe instead of THEM sitting on TV hocking nonsense they could get legitimate degrees and pursue these ideas using legitimate science. Like I said I'm not an archeologist, unless you count taking an intro to anthropology course at community college, so I'll leave it to legitimate science to catalog the evidence and follow that evidence to it's logical conclusion.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Somewhat like what you are doing right now with daniken at the helm instead of all the other scientists from all different fields.
Go to a library or visit a museum, speak with professors at universities. Stop relying on tv and internet for information on the highest authority.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Simple question really:

If you found a perfect block removed from a huge rock of granite, with no tool marks or tool to be found, then moved a LONG way, and then errected and assembled perfectly with sub millemeter precison THEN FUSED with the rock below and above....

Where would you start.

Oh and the relivance of the tool marks is only relivent because if we did the same thing, there would be tell tale marks all over it.

Okay these guys are saying aliens had somthing to do with it.

What would you say?

They had some super awesome masonary techniques that have just been lost somhow the whole time, and if we keep digging we will find an ancient laser? totally human made? Yeah is possible i suppose.

I enjoyed the show for the amazing discoveries and history, not nessesserly the alien interaction bit, though thats sounds more plausable than a disintergrating caveman laser.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

These guys are just trying to find answers about our past. They are out there, Van Daniken and his "Lackeys" have knowledge about History and they know what they are talking about. Trying to find answers on what if Aliens Visited us in the past is great for the UFO Community and i cant see how that cant be respected.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiigsWhat would you say?

I would say how the hell is this possible by Ancient Man with no Modern Technology to do such amazing things with such primitive tools? But such things get overlooked. *sigh*

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Of course it can't be respected because all they're doing is spouting off fallacious assertions with NO evidence to back them up.

"MY GOD, THIS ROCK IS SO BIG, THERE'S NO WAY THE ANCIENTS MOVED IT - therefore aliens."

It's complete nonsense. And yeah I'm sure they do know plenty about history and the ancients, they just choose to ignore it or re-interpret it to fit their bizarre hypothesis. Like how no matter how many plausible hypotheses exist for how the pyramids could have been built by the Egyptians some will still choose to reject all of them and just insert aliens. No different from Creationists, no matter how many plausible natural explanations you have they always want to insert God and everytime they look at the ancient past they can only see God's fingerprint everywhere. Ancient alien hypothesis is treated just like that by most of its proponents.

There's nothing wrong with the idea at the core, that aliens MIGHT have visited us in the past, but in order to support that idea they're going to need conclusive evidence, what they get all excited to go on TV and show isn't evidence and the amount of fallacies they commit in order to pretend its evidence is astounding.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by WeSbO
I don't know if anybody has noticed this yet, but what the hell is that object in the background in the first video at 5:19 ??? Did they just record a UFO ???

HERE is the exact time
edit on 3-9-2011 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

Look at the video prior to that about 40 seconds before. You can see light poles and other tall structures. There is a haze in the area. I think you are seeing the top of some light or other tool but you just cannot see the thin pole they used because of the haze.

I'am talking about the triangle in the background you know ? I'am not seeing no light ...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

Originally posted by BiigsWhat would you say?

I would say how the hell is this possible by Ancient Man with no Modern Technology to do such amazing things with such primitive tools? But such things get overlooked. *sigh*

Exactly... They wouldev had to have had some degree of help. But how do you prove this conclusively? Thats the question. I think the Alien connection makes more scents then what the History books stated.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Im assuming you have not doing the math. So your telling me the Ancients cut sculpted and stacked 2.3 million Blocks weight each weighting 5000 pounds each blocks (which ads up to 11 BILLION pounds) that align with Orion's Belt in only 20 years?

I'd like to see what explanations are given for how the Ancient Egyptians can make statues of faces with perfect symmetry and that is perfectly smooth with Primitive tools (and saying, "thats just how it happened" doesnt count) I would love to see someone try to accomplish such a thing with such tools.

And there is plenty of Evidence that Ancient Astronaut Theorists are laying out its up to you on how you interpret it. If you dont see how any of the Evidence presented couldnt even suggest Alien Visitation you have to be closed minded point blank. And what are you expecting? Us to find a Ancient Saucer? We havent even officially found Atlantis or the Arc Of The Covenant yet so why set your expectations so high?

edit on 3-9-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
One thing i dont like about the show, is there use of the term "Ancient Alien theroists". They need to abbriviate it or somthing, eveytime i heard it i think "what a waste of another 5 seconds"...

Yes the shows far reaching, but ever watched any other UFO or alien program, what do they base that on.

For me this show is more solid than most, even if they twist a few things to generate more viewers.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

What seems unlikely is Puma punku, I believe they could have built the pyramids but if you look at the other areas of that part of the world and the difference in the quality of the structures it seems unlikely they didn't have some sort of different tools.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

Im sure we could of built them but not in the small time frame we are told it was built in. 20 Years? You got to be kidding me.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I belive that Ancient civilizations COULD HAVE INFACT build them all themselves, even aligned like they are!

The problem with that is that no tools or methods or anything provides anything close to an answer of how.

When you have a real thing, man made in front of you, you must explore any and all ways it got there. When modern answers to how it was done with the tech we currently know about, Ancient, old or new, dont explain it, well you got to open your mind a bit more.

Maybe they use massive mirrors on other mountains to direct sun rays onto the rock and melt it that way, maybe they found some acids or substances that melting the rock who they wished etc.

The problem is LACK OF EVIDENCE, except for the question itself (the ruin).

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Yeah but I take it they might have lied to make them seem greater than they already were, than again maybe not.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Im assuming you have not doing the math. So your telling me the Ancients cut sculpted and stacked 2.3 million Blocks weight each weighting 5000 pounds each blocks (which ads up to 11 BILLION pounds) that align with Orion's Belt in only 20 years?

You're assuming that alignment with Orion's belt is something more than coincidence. I'm not telling you the ancients did it, the evidence and simple logic are what suggest that the ancients did it. The time-frame of twenty years does seem incredible but that should only add to our admiration of the ancients. Are you going to tell me it took an alien race 20 years to assemble a low-tech pyramid that served no function to them using high-tech tools. If 20 years was an incredible feat for the ancients it's a pathetic travesty for the aliens.

I'd like to see what explanations are given for how the Ancient Egyptians can make statues of faces with perfect symmetry and that is perfectly smooth with Primitive tools

I'm not an Egyptologist, why don't you go to talk to someone who actually specializes in the subject matter you're talking about? I'm sure they have some answers and even if they didn't have an answer that doesn't mean we get to just make stuff up and insert aliens. After all aliens doesn't make a good explanation for intricate carvings does it?

its up to you on how you interpret it.

Except that on the one side you have legitimate archeology which follows the evidence to the conclusion. On the other side you have the ancient aliens believers who grab myths, monuments and any other cultural achievements the ancients made and tear it out of its proper historical context in order to insert modern extraterrestrial and UFO lore. On one side we have real archeologists making logical inferences based on expertise, physical evidence, etc, and on the other side you have wild fallacious nonsense.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420
reply to post by Zeer0

Somewhat like what you are doing right now with daniken at the helm instead of all the other scientists from all different fields.
Go to a library or visit a museum, speak with professors at universities. Stop relying on tv and internet for information on the highest authority.

Yes. And when you do, you will be met with red faces and blank stares because these professors DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW THESE ANCIENT CITIES WERE BUILT WITH THE SUPPOSED, RUDIMENTARY CUTTING AND LIFTING TECHNOLOGIES AVAILABLE THEN.

"Highest authority"? Pfft! The academic world has NO authorities when it comes to solving these mysteries.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You're assuming that alignment with Orion's belt is something more than coincidence.

But other Structures have been built to Align with Orian's Belt. That "SUGGESTS" (notice how i didnt say prove) the Ancients may have had some knowledge of the Stars.

Are you going to tell me it took an alien race 20 years to assemble a low-tech pyramid that served no function to them using high-tech tools. If 20 years was an incredible feat for the ancients it's a pathetic travesty for the aliens.

I never said Aliens built them. Its more likely they gave us the Technology to do so.

I'm not an Egyptologist, why don't you go to talk to someone who actually specializes in the subject matter you're talking about? I'm sure they have some answers and even if they didn't have an answer that doesn't mean we get to just make stuff up and insert aliens. After all aliens doesn't make a good explanation for intricate carvings does it?

Just the response i expected! You dont have an explanation so you say that your not qualified to answer such a question but you are certainly qualified to Ridicule this Theory are you not?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I asked you on the other thread what about the 'evolutionary theory of the gaps' argument now after looking at it there does appear that some of the myths can be explained for instance, Enlil brought on a flood or plague, well perhaps it was just a flood or plague and they interpreted it as an act of god. But what can be made of other instances such as the consistent representation of the serpent in the bible and Epic of Gilgamesh.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

It's possible that during the Babylonian exile the Israelites and Babylonians exchanged myths. It's well known that the opening of Genesis borrows from Sumerian myth. I don't see any connection between these ancient gods, our evolution, and aliens. As I said before the ancients used gods to explain aspects of our development they didn't understand. The tower of Babel is a great example, it serves as an explanation for the origin of different spoken languages.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

the Ancients may have had some knowledge of the Stars.

Of course they did have knowledge of the stars, many cultures had zodiacs, constellations and myths associated with the sky. It's not impossible that these sites really are aligned but I don't feel said alignment suggests anything alien if it is indeed more than coincidence.

Its more likely they gave us the Technology to do so.

But then where's the evidence? Wouldn't the chief engineer of the pyramid want to be buried right next to his trust anti-grav device

but you are certainly qualified to Ridicule this Theory are you not?

One doesn't need to be an expert archeologist to spot logical fallacies at work.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join