It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens episode "Aliens and Ancient Engineers" kicked *SS!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Because although they're were possible, we didn't have a damn clue how to do it. It took time to learn. 200,000-50,000 years specifically, depending on which view of human evolution you buy into.

Here is a long long list of worldly documents. It will take a while to load.

www.historyofinformation.com...

In terms of how we got there, Humans think exponentially, not linearly. Everything we do, as time goes on, we exponentially get better at it. We seem to be the only species capable of this. But this is not evidence for someone helping us, nor is it evidence for any sort of intervention in our evolution.

Have you heard of Prions? They are simple non-virus-but-virus-like mutated proteins. At their worse, they can cause brain break downs and catastrophic damage. But, if they can do that, the same mutation could cause a catastrophic change in mental functioning for the better.

Prions are the source of things like mad cow disease, as well as Kuru. A single prion, just a tiny mutation of a protein, could have caused us to become exponential thinkers.

edit on 3-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The AAH doesnt say we are dummies. Its just giving an Alternative to what we see as our past.

We as Humans are living here, we are visited by a Highly Advanced Race that is not of this Earth and they help us advance as a species. And i dont see how this is so impossible to some people. Seeing as how the Ancients knew so much about architecture and astronomy, they have had to have a little intervention in the road at some point.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

We evolved over that time and led up to learning how to build and maintain a civilization. Caves are a great place to live but were stationary, and limited you to an area....we need food, we move out and hunt (nomads), set up temporary shelters as we go.
We find a spot that has it all and decide, "why move when we can stay here?" (romulus and remus founding rome perhaps?). Nomad tribe flourishes into town, then a city, then a nation. Seriously, its not that hard to have an idea, then apply it...and if it works, keep that idea going and improve upon it each generation. It doesn't take much and is easily passed on knowledge to younger generations to continue.
edit on 3-9-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Nice. But how i see it, very little development happens until atleast we began to get out of caves. That only things that happened for atleast over 200,000 years were how we made primitive tools. We have found Evidence of Human Life at that time period but no real progression until recent times. To me this only proves that at the rate we were evolving it shows that it should of taken us much longer to gain the intelligence to achieve what we have achieved as a Race.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Again, only if we were linear thinkers like apes or dolphins.

Have you heard of behavioral modernity? Remember how I said even though humans evolved 200,000 years our brains kept evolving until 50,000 years ago? Well here, read up on it. 50,000 years ago something happened to make us smarter. Not intervention, not anything special. We simply "woke up" I suppose, as a species. I can imagine it may have been a series of disastrous ecological events that pushed us to near extinction, forcing us to think differently or die.

en.wikipedia.org...

There isn't any jumps.

Think about yourself. do you draw? Do you sing? Do you create anything in any meaningful way? Eventually don't you get tired of thinking about and just want to go out and do it? As an architect major, I've been drawing buildings in 3d, my mind, 2d, etc etc for years now. Now I want to actually go and build things. People can tell stories and invent worlds, and indeed we did through myth and other things. Eventually, we got bored as a species, and decided to go and actually build those things we created stories about. After a number of failures, experiments, trials, and other things, we got it right, and then we did it again, refurnishing, upgrading, innovating.

Look at the first pyramid Egypt built. The pyramid of Zoser. It's a joke. Then look at the pyramid of Giza. We did not jump to there. It took 200 years of failures to get there.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

But that doesnt make sense. According to the Theory Of Evolution we change over a great period of time. So your saying basically we were the same for over 150,000 years then suddenly BAM we are intelligent and that just this just happened and its normal?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Yeah we physically change, but ideas are instant and need only to be applied and approved upon by subsequent ideas. Our brains were pretty much formed and really only needed to be filled (we have alot more room in it still after all this time)

Example: I built a hut out of straw, it was all I knew. I saw my neighbors hut made of wood and wondered at it. He told me how to fashion planks (something his father taught him), he used the same general methods i used to assemble my straw one but now i had a much better material i never thought of using. I will teach this to my son.

A generation only later, and the entire village had wooden huts because of one mans idea. Simple ideas that were shared.
edit on 3-9-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

But that doesnt make sense. According to the Theory Of Evolution we change over a great period of time. So your saying basically we were the same for over 150,000 years then suddenly BAM we are intelligent and that just this just happened and its normal?

You must have a poor grasp of the last thousands of years of scientific history and discovery.

Many of the things we are taught at school have been around for a LONG TIME.

We didnt just get super smart over night, we have been getting smarter for 100,000 years, and its teaching the young that makes this process so much faster than, plain old animal instinct.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

To say it simply, it did not "suddenly" evolve 50,000 years ago. 50,000 years ago was the endpoint of a natural evolutionary process that began 200,000 years ago, and was going on since 5 million years ago.

What I'm saying is that what we see as fixed points in the fossil record, represented by those bones we see, are separated by blurred in between. We know point A, we know point B. What happened in between, the gradual change that is evolution, is just that. Gradual change.

When dealing with human intellect, it's the same thing. The earliest proof of the human "mind" as we know it, is 50,000 years ago. The earliest proof of the human "body", as we know it, is 200,000 years ago or so. From this we can extract that 200,000 years ago we reached the bodily form that was efficient for our niche in the environment, and competition shifted over to mental prowess. Indeed, this natural selection is an ongoing process. Because we still have members of our society that are no smarter than man was 50,000 years go, but we also have people much smarter than the average person today.

This is known as genetic shift of the gene pool. Our gene pool, as a human species, includes dumb people, average people, and smart people. Natural selection is favoring smart people because they get further in life, breed more, and control more.

All humans have the same potential to reach this, so much as we know, but potential and actual intelligence are two different things.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Several professionals of engineering and mechanics appeared in the show to affirm that there's NO way of primitive tools have been used to design, cut, transport and assemble those complex structures, as preached by mainstream scholars.

And they would know, because every engineer and mechanic with a professional degree is knowledgeable about specific ancient cultures and the techniques they possessed. So we should take their word for it and just insert the absurd alien conclusion to fill in the blank instead of searching for a more plausible answer

What I've seen of this show is horrible, I'm sure I'll take the time to watch the whole thing later, not currently in the mood to have a splitting stupidity induced headache.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

With all the evils of media being spouted on here, many people take this shows word for authority.....
Amusing isn't it?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

History channel's become a sess-pool for this kind of pseudoscience, between Nostradamus, 2012 and now ancient aliens. They need to just come out and make two channels, one for complete bunkum that gets good ratings, and a channel for ACTUAL HISTORY.

I've watched a handful of episodes of this show, it's become a tradition to watch it with friends on Netflix or youtube and pick apart all the inconsistencies of logic and laugh at the absurd stupidity. Still it's painful to watch at times.

I can already guess the track this episode will take without ever seeing it. They will attempt to tear down the ancient's ability to build these monuments and establish these sites as complete mysteries entirely unexplained as to how they got there. Once they have that mystery they will then insert aliens, it's what I've termed an Aliens of the Gaps fallacy. Any gap in our knowledge, any mystery in our history, they will just insert aliens the way the ancients used to insert gods. Truth is, as long as we're making stuff up, it might as well be Mole People or the survivors from Atlantis that built these sites, it would be just as laughingly implausible as aliens.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't know if anybody has noticed this yet, but what the hell is that object in the background in the first video at 5:19 ??? Did they just record a UFO ???

HERE is the exact time
edit on 3-9-2011 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

TV is a brutal business unfortunately and History (the real stuff) just isn't as interesting for many who don't want to see stock photos and hear a narrator drone on facts for an hour. I like it but that doesn't help the ratings.

I first learned about Daniken in High School actually, it was in one of our ancient civilizations textbook, and required reading in one part of the semester. It tied in nicely with our god origins section, and on why man created greater deities then ourselves in order to explain things.

Now I see he has reached mainstream media with his lackey Giorgio Tsoukalos and his copyright hair.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The AAH doesnt say we are dummies. Its just giving an Alternative to what we see as our past.

We as Humans are living here, we are visited by a Highly Advanced Race that is not of this Earth and they help us advance as a species. And i dont see how this is so impossible to some people. Seeing as how the Ancients knew so much about architecture and astronomy, they have had to have a little intervention in the road at some point.

I meant dummies in the sense that they had knowledge we don't have, not that we are less intelligent. They simply used technology that we never discovered.

I do think it's possible we are/ have been visited by aliens and sometimes perhaps ancient man used some of their tools but I don't think it necessarily had to happen that way. I believe one has to be more objective and accept the possibility that acient Man could have discovered/acquired knowledge to produce such wonders without alien intervention because He was not the simple ignorant man many scientists make him out to be.
edit on 3-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

And you obviously have not read all the way through because Gorman and other people claim that all the intelligence that we have just came out of nowhere only 50,000 years ago even though we have been here for 200,000 years or maybe even longer than that. Read before you make conclusions about a poster.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Several professionals of engineering and mechanics appeared in the show to affirm that there's NO way of primitive tools have been used to design, cut, transport and assemble those complex structures, as preached by mainstream scholars.

So we should take their word for it and just insert the absurd alien conclusion to fill in the blank instead of searching for a more plausible answer

Funny you should say that. Maybe instead of sitting on your computer and complaining about the Fallacies in the AAH you should be out there looking for the truth like Von Daniken and other people who are actually seeking an answer for such things.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO
I don't know if anybody has noticed this yet, but what the hell is that object in the background in the first video at 5:19 ??? Did they just record a UFO ???

HERE is the exact time
edit on 3-9-2011 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

Look at the video prior to that about 40 seconds before. You can see light poles and other tall structures. There is a haze in the area. I think you are seeing the top of some light or other tool but you just cannot see the thin pole they used because of the haze.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

There are those that do that....they are called archaeologists and anthropologists......geologists, engineers and architects as well. Are all of those people wrong on their theories which conflict with ancient aliens....what gives Daniken more authority over all those that have done the same investigating?

Why aren't YOU out there doing anything while preaching others to do the same?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Im 16 dude. Im not going anywhere lol

Archeologists and Scientist reject this theory because they are deadset on their beliefs so they dont even try to find the evidence, they rather ridicule the theory all together.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join