It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens episode "Aliens and Ancient Engineers" kicked *SS!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
Just the response i expected! You dont have an explanation so you say that your not qualified to answer such a question but you are certainly qualified to Ridicule this Theory are you not?

Zing!!

You can argue against the proposed answers to thousand year long questions, thats fine and like the guy sed you can also halt at your own proposals because you are not qualified.

But when talking about somthing NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN.

who is qualified anyways?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

You expecting to find a Ancient Flying Saucer? Like i said we havent found Atlantis or The Arc Of The Covenant so why are your expectations so high? If we cant find things of Earthly Origin what makes you think a whole Theory can be tossed aside because we cant find a Ancient Piece of Alien Technology?

And such Archeologists cant answer the great mystery with Evidence without saying "thats just how it happened" and such Archeologists cant explain how such things can be built with tools of that time.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Archeologists are SO sure of what happened in the past they must be capable of answering such questions but when Ancient Alien Theorists provide an alternative to what we have been taught it is deemed fantasy.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Biigs

Archeologists are SO sure of what happened in the past

They most certinly are NOT sure.

They come up wihtthe most likly interpretations, but sure of them, hardly.

Some Ancient civilizations building are far easiyer to explain using the tech they had at the time than others.

Ancient civilizations have one thing in common, they studied the heavens CONSTANTLY as do we. But why dont the shristians build a 20 year statue to god, or the mulsims etc we cant, and for what purpose.

Forgetting for a moment how impossible some must have been to build, these Ancient people went though stupidly complex designs and years of labour to produce somthing of significance, but why, what compelled them?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

During the Babylonian exile the Jews rejected the Babylonians religion as they only wanted to follow one god their Jehovah. A theme central to the Torah is keeping their culture and not dying out as a people, so It seems strange they'd except the Babylonian gods even though they didn't even want to assimilate with them.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by topherman420
reply to post by Zeer0

Somewhat like what you are doing right now with daniken at the helm instead of all the other scientists from all different fields.
Go to a library or visit a museum, speak with professors at universities. Stop relying on tv and internet for information on the highest authority.

Yes. And when you do, you will be met with red faces and blank stares because these professors DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW THESE ANCIENT CITIES WERE BUILT WITH THE SUPPOSED, RUDIMENTARY CUTTING AND LIFTING TECHNOLOGIES AVAILABLE THEN.

"Highest authority"? Pfft! The academic world has NO authorities when it comes to solving these mysteries.

I never said there were ANY authorities....I advised believing that TV personalities are such authorities is a hazardous thing to peoples learning ability.
Yes im quite sure that people who have studied and researched these things will just clam up with no theories on how the pyramids were built...of course, that seems so logical to say....

There are plenty of sources other then tv and internet to learn things about construction and engineering techniques used in ancient building. Saying no one has any theory on building them is ludicrous at best.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I will watch this shortly. Hopefully I can get in the most important parts before the LSU game.

The amount of interest in this thread makes me even more excited.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
thank you for posting this. sometimes AA gets a bit off base with their postulations but this was a decent episode

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Except that on the one side you have legitimate archeology which follows the evidence to the conclusion. On the other side you have the ancient aliens believers who grab myths, monuments and any other cultural achievements the ancients made and tear it out of its proper historical context in order to insert modern extraterrestrial and UFO lore. On one side we have real archeologists making logical inferences based on expertise, physical evidence, etc, and on the other side you have wild fallacious nonsense.

I think that's a tad harsh. The "real archeologists" have absolutely no more insight into who made these things and how they were made than the ancient alien proposers. Many real archeologists often consider local myth and lore to prop up their theories. Many ancient alien proposers are in fact real archeologists who incorporate the ancient alien theory together with the local myths and their psychical evidence to reach a possible conclusion. That's all any real archeologists have are theories and possible conclusions so there is no way things can be so black and white as you put it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ancient Aliens is a great show on many levels, and yet on some a complete farce. I think the simple fact that every ancient text mentions Gods from the sky is a pretty big ding, ding that at one time or another our ancestors met star travellers. I also believe they assisted in bringing human life to this planet and then using DNA from numerous other races to create who we are now. All those experiments are possibly what the monsters of the Old were

Then we have the Biblical Nephilim.The Naked Archeologist he took a completely different take on them and said they were the cross between Neanderthal and homo sapien. It seems they are completely terrified in mainstream archeology to approach the subject of the Alien Travellers.

The farce part with AA comes in from mr. orange face and crazy hair. He is so militant about it being nothing but aliens that you feel like he is trying to force feed the world this info. I believe dude, I really do but not everyone else does and it is still an opinion hypothesized at this point.

For me as an abductee it is the simplest explanation that at once there interaction with humanity was not a secret but somewhere along the way that changed and now its all hidden.

I think the AA theorists have found real truths but the problem is mainstream archeology which is funded by TPTB really just aren't going to let those truths surface. I almost fell over the day I heard Ancient Aliens was coming to the history channel. It has really opened the minds of many,

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I don't know if that's true though. People seem to have explained it. I would like the show to be less biased and actually have some sculptors come and and show that it can't be done with math and tools and time. Instead all I get is some eccentric saying "it's impossible!" that's total b.s.

Granite - Granite is a hard, light colored rock in pink, dark gray and light gray. Granite was carved into statues using quartz sand beneath the copper saws and drills

www.king-tut.org.uk...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Biigs

I don't know if that's true though. People seem to have explained it. I would like the show to be less biased and actually have some sculptors come and and show that it can't be done with math and tools and time. Instead all I get is some eccentric saying "it's impossible!" that's total b.s.

Granite - Granite is a hard, light colored rock in pink, dark gray and light gray. Granite was carved into statues using quartz sand beneath the copper saws and drills

www.king-tut.org.uk...

I actually agree.

I belive with the time and the master masons they worked from that most of the carvings can be done.

Theres a few other mysteries however, like some races being able to carve perfectly striaght perfectly deep grooves of around half inch by half inch deep in hard stone, thats would certinly chip with any sort of masonary equipment

Did you see how some of the slabs were cut from the cliff face?
How did they get such a thin deep cut, AND BEHIND IT, im not syaing its impossible wihtout fancy stuff, just damned hard to replicate, even with precision machinery.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Yeah I mean I definitely have thought some of it was strange and I'm not out to debunk the theories.. I just think what they were saying about the sculpting is a little naive. I guess nowadays it's hard to imagine someone might have worked on a single sculpture for half their lives. Also they could put a stopper on a tool that hit the surface of the rock when the took got to a certain depth that would make it even throughout.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaximRecoil

Originally posted by Harte

The problem is that there's absolutely no evidence of any ancient alien visitation whatsoever so the very idea is pure speculation.

That is no doubt true, according to your own private definition of the word "evidence" (whatever that may be). However, according to real definitions of the word "evidence", there is a lot of evidence of ancient alien visitation.

So, present it.
I mean, it's easy to say this, isn't it?

In 25 years of looking into this, I've not seen a whit.

Harte

edit on 9/3/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

have absolutely no more insight into who made these things and how they were made than the ancient alien proposers

Except for things like:

Actual degrees in archeology or anthropology
Expertise and knowledge about ancient cultures
Experience in the field
Access to and personal experience with physical evidence
Peer Review to weed out any mistakes they make

You know, all the stuff that separates real science from pseudoscience.

Many real archeologists often consider local myth and lore to prop up their theories.

But are they using it to prop up absurd theories or plausible ones? You can use the story of Troy to prop up the discovery of Troy but you can't use the discovery of Troy to prop up Athena and Apollo as if they actually exist.

are in fact real archeologists

Please post for me a peer reviewed article of an ancient alien proponent hard at work within the ranks of legitimate science. Not saying it's impossible or even unwelcome but if there are legit archeologists supporting this hypothesis they must keep them locked far away from the absurd assertions of the Ancient Aliens TV program.

It takes more than a bull whip and lion tamer outfit to be an archeologist.

there is no way things can be so black and white as you put it.

There is probably some slight measure of overlap. I'm sure plenty of archeologists have at least CONSIDERED the possibility of ancient aliens. Hell even the great Carl Sagan once posited just such a possibility but that's just it, it's a possibility, a remote one at that. If there were some good evidence for it this would be a different story. This show and its fallacious assertions don't help anyone who legitimately wants to prove ancient aliens.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Can't see it, got to read between the lines.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Funny you should say that. Maybe instead of sitting on your computer and complaining about the Fallacies in the AAH you should be out there looking for the truth like Von Daniken and other people who are actually seeking an answer for such things.

You mean like paying somebody to create a fake "artifact" and trying to pass it off as "evidence" of ancient aliens?

Some also question von Däniken's credibility, as he has also knowingly put forward fraudulent evidence to advance his hypotheses, such as photographs of pottery "depicting UFOs", supposedly from an archaeological dig dating back to the biblical era. The PBS television series Nova determined that this was a fraud, and even located the potter who made them. When confronted with this evidence, von Däniken argued that the deception was justified because some people would only believe his ideas if they saw actual proof.[10]

Source

Thanks, but I'll take my evidence from people that haven't been caught fabricating it.

Harte

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Funny you should say that. Maybe instead of sitting on your computer and complaining about the Fallacies in the AAH you should be out there looking for the truth like Von Daniken and other people who are actually seeking an answer for such things.

You mean like paying somebody to create a fake "artifact" and trying to pass it off as "evidence" of ancient aliens?

Some also question von Däniken's credibility, as he has also knowingly put forward fraudulent evidence to advance his hypotheses, such as photographs of pottery "depicting UFOs", supposedly from an archaeological dig dating back to the biblical era. The PBS television series Nova determined that this was a fraud, and even located the potter who made them. When confronted with this evidence, von Däniken argued that the deception was justified because some people would only believe his ideas if they saw actual proof.[10]

Source

Thanks, but I'll take my evidence from people that haven't been caught fabricating it.

Harte

So what? Gotta get paid, blowin up like the World Trade

Don't hate the player hate the game, Von Daniken living in a mansion rolling in a pile of money right now #ing eight bitches, he don't care if they found out he fabricated evidence he's a PIMP.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337

Don't hate the player hate the game, Von Daniken living in a mansion rolling in a pile of money right now #ing eight bitches, he don't care if they found out he fabricated evidence he's a PIMP.

In fact, I have sort of a soft spot for old EVD.

But my post was in response to this:

you should be out there looking for the truth like Von Daniken and other people who are actually seeking an answer for such things.

Just because I can sympathize, that don't mean there's any reason to believe what this proven liar says.

Or his hairy lapdog.

Harte

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337

In fact, I have sort of a soft spot for old EVD.

But my post was in response to this:

you should be out there looking for the truth like Von Daniken and other people who are actually seeking an answer for such things.

Just because I can sympathize, that don't mean there's any reason to believe what this proven liar says.

Or his hairy lapdog.

Harte

Yeah that's true but Notorious EVG makin money now all he had to do was write one book fabricate some evidence and now he's got a pile of dough.

Same with Sitchin, Azerbaijani no talent ass clown.......may god rest his soul, writes one book and gets all that pussy..

What's up with you coming on My Ancient Aliens The Truth? thread blasting my #, I ain't making money I'm writing this from my basement, and I don't even have an incense burner....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join