It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens episode "Aliens and Ancient Engineers" kicked *SS!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

These guys don’t do the AA idea any favours. I mean look at them how can you take them seriously, why do they always get these nut jobs to do these shows that always seem to undermine any credibility the show might have had in the beginning.

Their evidence is 'tenuous' to say the least. They jump to startling conclusions based on a piece of thin evidence which is not proven. Im sure they all have books websites etcc that they are trying sell.

just because you assume these guys are nutjobs (they are pretty dang weird) doesnt mean that the information theyre providing cant be true.

from the way i see it, you claim that ancient civilizations couldve actually been advanced enough to create all this stuff themselves, without extraterrestrial help.

okay, well if all ancient civilizations (which if you think one civilization was able to build these things with no help, then you have to stick by the fact that ALL these extraordinary achievements were with no help) then why did so many of these civilizations claim that it was aliens who were the ones that taught them this knowledge? Why would so many advanced civilizations do that?

the problem with you is that you arent connecting all the dots. either you dont want to or youre to narrowminded to do so. theres WAY too much information and coincidences for it to be false. any rational/logical human been would see that.

open your mind.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
^that wasnt suppost to be to you, i dont know why it quoted that. it was suppost to be to crimsonmoon. sorry for any confusing.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
mods please delete my last reply and this one, i didnt see that it said it said it was crimsonmoon in reply to the original poster (im still fairly new to actually using this site) sorry!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I watched part of the show (kept falling asleep) and I liked it, but just like other archaeologists, they don't give ancient people enough credit.

Watch some of the videos on this page:

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I watched it.. It's an interesting show but they make huge jumps in logic that annoy me.

These carvings seem to have been made with modern tools>so they had electricity>it was alien tech.

How about showing us how a modern sculptor might do it with hand tools and using measuring tools and protractors and long periods of time to get the symmetry.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Most of these civilizations were just about 300 years behind us in terms of masonry and technical skills so I really don't see this as proof of ancient anything other than good old fashioned human innovation.

Have you seen the tools that they had available at the time? and some of the precise cuts that they were able to achieve? how every hieroglyph in ancient egypt matches perfectly to the others of same meaning? what about statues the height of a 2+ story building that were carved with 100% precision in relativity to other parts of the statue. everything is just so perfect (other than obvious wind/rain erosion). you cant play that off as good old fashioned human innovation. especially when numerous ancient civilzations claimed of had help from beings from the sky.

there is far more evidence proving ancient aliens, than there is disproving. and its things like this that show that.

my main question is, how can you look past all this information that is right before your own eyes?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by twistheknife

It's not unfathomable considering the pressures of.. oh I don't know being made to do it be a leader and having nothing to do and endless time to do the job. It's hard to imagine in the age of distraction.. but not long ago people would spend months and years and paintings and sculptures because, well, they had nothing else to do and no distractions.

Edit: I'm not debunking, I think there are some interesting points made with the ancient alien theories, but I'm being real. It's not impossible or unimaginable.
edit on 3-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Isn't this History Channel actually British TV.
And British TV is actually government TV.
And anything useful and not even close to secret is hardly let out to the
public. England is well known for hoaxes and fooling the public.
Well of course the money system is set up for investors to eventually
take over any useful product which is not involved here but anything
is safe to say for ancients and aliens and if any suggestion of a UFO
connection is naturally part of an international Big Lie campaign about
the flying machine not being man made.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

It just means that the stone age was not really the stone age, they could have had better technology than we assume. Things deteriorate over time so there is no way to tell what the pyramid society was like since the pyramids are the only thing that remains to this day.

no one knows for sure what tools the pyramid builders used, so asking modern man to duplicate it with only sticks and stones is perhaps asking too much. I said it would be interesting to see if they could do it with ANY modern machines, and if they still can't, that in itself says a lot.
edit on 3-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

It just means that the stone age was not really the stone age, they could have had better technology than we assume. Things deteriorate over time so there is no way to tell what the pyramid society was like since the pyramids are the only thing that remains to this day.

no one knows for sure what tools the pyramid builders used, so asking modern man to duplicate it with only sticks and stones is perhaps asking too much. I said it would be interesting to see if they could do it with ANY modern machines, and if they still can't, that in itself says a lot.
edit on 3-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

There is always the spiritual card or demon card to play as helping mankind before
the AD happened. I know demons and spirits and paranormal activity is played up
for UFOs which naturally look like bright fuzzy objects. The super strong Giant period
was wiped out of mans memory and they could very well have made giant stone structures.
The gods of Egypt are still pushed on us by UFO deceivers as lizards with incredible
technology. Sure and what was the Devil always portrayed as and now he is helping
UFO builders. So not true. If the Devil did the Pyramids I would hope people stop asking for
that knowledge and work for the natural science of ether physics which does lead to over
unity performance of the Tesla ship. We are helped in every way by natures grand scheme
which is apparently being subverted by certain individuals. Why look for something you
can't find when we have something that works. Sure spirits have been known to move
boulders, big deal, cause there is no connection to man made Tesla ships as always
mentioned and suggested as some overwhelming puzzle that must be answered.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I watched it.. It's an interesting show but they make huge jumps in logic that annoy me.

These carvings seem to have been made with modern tools>so they had electricity>it was alien tech.

How about showing us how a modern sculptor might do it with hand tools and using measuring tools and protractors and long periods of time to get the symmetry.

it is BECAUSE They didnt find any evidence of tools able to carve these rocks out the side of hills, which is the mystery. The tools found were basic and unable to even mark the hard granite rock.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by twistheknife

Well no. Many have stories of ancient things creating them, not helping them. In fact, the very fact the word "prayer" exists proves that these things did not help them, otherwise they wouldn't be praying for their help.

Fact is, it could very well be human innovation, not aliens. In fact it's a hell of a lot more likely that we just haven't discovered the tool they used compared to an entire freaking genesis project of aliens.

Seriously, which is more likely? A tool we don't know about, or aliens?

Furthermore, they could do it with tools like what they had. Look up dolomite. Amazing stuff!

Even so, recognize that even in our modern times, people can do these things.

Just for comparison, this entire collection was hand cut and hand painted. No machines other than whatever blade the artist used.

www.amusingplanet.com...

Fact is, people can be savants. Be it the year 3000BC with stone cutting, or the year 2000AD, with wood cutting. Simple put, people have skills.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Yes very interesting and people,with the right tools and know how are just not
going to allow the methods plastered all over hieroglyphics for everyone to see.
Again mason set up a building but the building gives you no instructions on
how it was done. There has to be a big catch in any of these slanted programs.
Well they tell their side and we get captivated. The same is today and why we
get excuses for the mighty power of unknown flying machines which have a
strong contingent of "we never had any UFOs" to the strange things of antiquity
we can't explain without the alien solution tossing in with all the catch phrases for
maximum effect. The same today as people do have the tools for great machines
but as ongoing policy can not disclose man made for sure so its up the alien
and now ancient and alien to keep us mystified. I'll take we could do a better
job with phony or real propositions on any of these mystifying events.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Bit confused by your post.

All I know is, for all we know is that there simply is no precedents to believe aliens did it. Humans can do these things, have, and will continue to in the future.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

But we are only discovering how to pull such amazing feets just in the last decade. Do you seriously believe we could do such things with Primitive Tools so long ago that match what we could do today?

Moving 6, 50 Ton Blocks from another mountain. Hauling down a mountain over a river and up another mountain would seem impossible for the explanations we are given from Historians.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Yes, actually. Because it's only been the last 200 years or so where we've re-acquired such knowledge. Granted now we can be even more precise thanks to electricity. It took the Egyptians 200 years to go from The pyramid of Zoser to Giza. It took the Romans ~200 years to go from Etruscan rule to the Pantheon. I took the Greeks 200 years to go from simple stone temples to the Parthenon.

And guess what. It took us 200 years to go from their designs, to our modern iron-glass architecture.

It seems it takes humanity 200 years or so to perfect a design style. Rough guestimate of course.

I mean, did you know that Rome was only 200 years behind us at their height? Egypt was only 300-400 years behind us at their height. And Minoa was about 300 years too.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Well im inclined to think that Ancient Man was way more intelligent than we give them credit for but where do you suppose all this knowledge came from? To boost that much in intelligence in such a short time cant be explained by the Creation or Evolution Theory.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Yes it can. We had 200,000 years since we evolved, and our brains kept evolving since 50,000 years ago or so.

Most civilizations began around 10,000 years ago, with evidence showing experimentation in what would later become our famous ancient sites going back 2,000 years after that.

We've been capable of it for eons, and there's plenty of evidence of experimentation that led up to what we know of today.

Everything we prize today as something special from the ancient times was built off of ideas and experiments from what was ancient FOR those ancient people!

It's a slow gradual process of gaining knowledge and putting it to use.

There are no jumps. Hell, have you ever looked up Pharaoh Sneferu? The man practically exploded a pyramid by accident because they didn't know what they were doing.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Ok. But if such things were possible about 150,000 years ago why have we only been able to do such things in the past 10,000 or so years? And going from living in caves to making Advanced Civilizations and building huge Structures is a giant leap in intelligence.

And where is the Evidence of these experimentation's made before our grand achievements?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. I don't get cable anymore unless I use a free tool for streaming media so I miss many of these shows.

I love history and archeology. I think however that Humans have been just as smart as they are today - There is never a need to interject aliens into the picture. I think this is done on purpose as a distraction/disinfo because the powers that be do not want us to think Man has always been so smart. They want us to believe this unproven theory that primitive man was somehow a dummy that they had to learn to be as smart as we are today over eons.

I say Hogwash. Sure the technology they used was different in that they did not require such large machines as we have today.. This may imply that ancient man was actually way smarter than we are today and we for our reliance on machines are really the Dummies.

TPTB may be using this to help squash a belief that we can be much more than we are and thus have more control over us.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join