It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens episode "Aliens and Ancient Engineers" kicked *SS!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Gosh I love this show! Although sometimes when I watch it I do need to remember to take it with a grain of salt. You can't believe EVERYTHING, but with my thoughts and opinions already made in my mind and learning more from AA I am able to make my own decisions of what I believe. Everyone needs to watch this show and just open up their minds.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

if mankind was to leave Earth and the chipmunks were the new top specie, they would probably argue over who built rock walls all over New England.
if their evolution followed man

LOl- No they'd have their resident Phagemunk who will explain that they are just natural rock formations and were not engineered by any lifeform.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I love this show too. I don't understand why people get so mad about it, the T in AAT stands for theory and the show is named Ancient Aliens, what is it supposed to be about? People are into aliens again at the moment for entertainment. When magic and adventure are back in vogue I'm sure we'll see shows that reflect that.

I keep seeing the argument that we half-brained, gullible fools don't give our ancient ancestors enough credit for the achievements they made..what if the theory is true and it is you that don't give our ancient ancestors credit for the greatest achievement of all, contact with an intelligent race from another planet.

I'm not saying I even believe it 100%, but I'm willing to keep my nose out of the air and think about it. Aliens or not, there's pieces of the puzzle missing in our ancient history. All over the world we see evidence, especially these colossal structures that would be difficult and costly for us to build now, existing from times when they should not have. Something is wrong in the text books somewhere.

Thanks for posting the links and sparking a discussion OP

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
dont you know that this *hit is made to SELL?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hand tools carving those massive stones, I don't think so. Not only is that ridiculous and highly implausible, but moving a 50 ton stone from a mountain face is really mind boggling even with today's technology.

Debunkers talk about seeing evidence, so how do you go about explaining these mammoth and precisely cut stones? How do you cut it out of bed rock without it falling on you and crushing you to death? How did they lift them into place?

Do archeologists take us for fools? Give anybody a hammer and chisel and have them cut a perfect rectangular slab of stone out of bed rock. It would probably take years before they could make any kind of headway let alone cutting it into a perfect block for transporting.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum
dont you know that this *hit is made to SELL?

And it is all a fairy tale?

Most of the ones who doubt are some clueless persons just use your damn logic, that's what I do, and if you think about it, it does make a lot of sense

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is going to burst a bubble for a lot of people as it did for me... I apologize but once you know how it is done, it takes a lot of mystery out of how these megalithic structures are made.

I am not surprised the world doesn't know about it yet, but when Aussies invent something, it takes a while to get out :p

The way the Aztecs, Egyptians, Mayans and everyone else built their structures was with science and alchemy.

It's called 'Geo Polymers'.

I have found there are a couple ways of doing it.
The main way the Australian researchers found was to mix Fly Ash, Caustic Soda, Waste, Stone Powder with some water.
Once water is added to the mix, the caustic soda starts a chemical reaction with heat.

www.linux-host.org...

Here is a wiki entry on it so far: en.wikipedia.org...
Here is the main Aussie Site: www.geopolymers.com.au...
Here is the process: www.geopolymers.com.au...

The other method I learned recently was while watching a video about building houses with Earth.
In that there was an African village that had a tree (Can't remember the name at the moment), that once you processed its leaves and applied it to an Earthen floor, the floor would turn rock hard like cement.
In another doco I saw many years ago, there is a similar plant in the Amazon that the native birds use to help make their nests I believe.

So that's how the Ancient civilizations made their structures...
As to the rest of the other unsolved stuff... I can't answer... yet

edit on 2/9/2011 by Sovaka because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
This is going to burst a bubble for a lot of people as it did for me... I apologize but once you know how it is done, it takes a lot of mystery out of how these megalithic structures are made.

I am not surprised the world doesn't know about it yet, but when Aussies invent something, it takes a while to get out :p

The way the Aztecs, Egyptians, Mayans and everyone else built their structures was with science and alchemy.

It's called 'Geo Polymers'.

I have found there are a couple ways of doing it.
The main way the Australian researchers found was to mix Fly Ash, Caustic Soda, Waste, Stone Powder with some water.
Once water is added to the mix, the caustic soda starts a chemical reaction with heat.

www.linux-host.org...

Here is a wiki entry on it so far: en.wikipedia.org...
Here is the main Aussie Site: www.geopolymers.com.au...
Here is the process: www.geopolymers.com.au...

The other method I learned recently was while watching a video about building houses with Earth.
In that there was an African village that had a tree (Can't remember the name at the moment), that once you processed its leaves and applied it to an Earthen floor, the floor would turn rock hard like cement.
In another doco I saw many years ago, there is a similar plant in the Amazon that the native birds use to help make their nests I believe.

So that's how the Ancient civilizations made their structures...
As to the rest of the other unsolved stuff... I can't answer... yet

edit on 2/9/2011 by Sovaka because: Spelling

Even IF they fabricated those megalithic blocks with geo polymers, we are not talking about bricks for building a house. We are talking about 50, 100, 200 tons blocks, assembled like legos or in some extreme cases, as Ollamtaytambo, literally like vertical puzzles. Is still not explaining how they lifted and assembled blocks that no modern crane could move and transport in lower areas, let alone high mountains. The geo polymer theory also doesn't explain why bed rocks with gigantic geometric missing pieces are found in the Andes. Those blocks were cut straight from the mountains, not chemically created. Plus, in Machu Picchu there are gigantic stepped platforms built in the edge of the highest cliffs, which only could have been done by aerial vehicles.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
double post.
edit on 9/2/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Wow, you missed the whole point behind Geo Polymers.

You don't cast the mold on the ground and then cart 50 tonnes up the bloody hill.
You form fit the mold where it needs to be then fill the form with the required amount of components and make the block in the place it will sit.

This is why you get oddly shaped blocks that have near perfect matching counter blocks.
Gravity would allow this Geo Polymer to meld right against the angles without any great mechanic aid needed.

There are some areas where this obviously didn't happen and I didn't say that this was used there.

As I stated, the other mysteries I can't account for... yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

1:10 in they said WHAT IF
A Big IF and Big Lie from what is known.
There is no human record of the ancient alien or there would be no IF.

People inhabited the buildings they built by their ingenuity.
Deniers of human ingenuity are just deniers of other great works like
aircraft called saucers or UFOs. These people are being paid to
keep us ignorant of our own right to knowledge.

It's very possible that we have found evidence that they exist and just don't know it. We haven't been able to accurately decipher all of the tablets and other writings that we have found at these old cities so for all we know one tablet could be describing everything we are looking for.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Most of these civilizations were just about 300 years behind us in terms of masonry and technical skills so I really don't see this as proof of ancient anything other than good old fashioned human innovation.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
dolomite need i say more

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I like the ancient aliens series, but I have to give some criticism:

"These rocks could not have been cut with stone aged tools, therefore...it must be aliens!"

Uh, no. It just means they were more advanced than stone age like we previously thought.

It's interesting to think that maybe the ancients had laser technology, but we have laser technology, does that mean we got it from aliens? We can cut stone, does that mean every stone cutter is an alien?

Now, I will say this in defense of the ancient alien theory, can modern man re-create the pyramids in exact size and shape? And I don't mean with sticks and rope, let them use whatever they want: bulldozers, factories, lasers, aircraft, whatever it takes, even with all our modern technology, can we recreate the pyramids? If not, it shows at least that the ancients were more skilled in this category than even modern tech.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

This is one of my favorite episodes of AA to date (apart from the pilot as it had a bit of everything in it), but i do believe that it is undeniable proof that some kind of machines were used. Whether they were given to them by ETs (while extremely likely) cannot be proven, but it's besides the point. The point is that this should be raising questions about our entire ancient history to mainstream archaeology.

I like to think of it the same as being adopted and finding out later as an adult. You can either live in denial, knowing that there is evidence that you have been adopted, or understand the situation, and seek the truth about who you really are and where you really came from.

Why live in denial?

PS, i mean no offense to anyone whom may have been adopted

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
I like the ancient aliens series, but I have to give some criticism:

"These rocks could not have been cut with stone aged tools, therefore...it must be aliens!"

Do you have a better explanation of how an ancient civilization created structures that contradict history? If we did not have the technology, then who did. Also, not saying man didn't create it, just saying the tools used were not of the result of human design at the time.

Uh, no. It just means they were more advanced than stone age like we previously thought.

It's interesting to think that maybe the ancients had laser technology, but we have laser technology, does that mean we got it from aliens? We can cut stone, does that mean every stone cutter is an alien?

Lasers in the stone age? That is rather big gap, thats like humans during WW1 using lasers instead of firearms. You don't just make a big jump in technology, its gradual, you discover more things along the way, you dont skip all the information in between.

I don't understand the logic though, if man created lasers, why did we have, and still used tool for many thousands of years afterwards? If we had lasers there would be no use for that.

Now, I will say this in defense of the ancient alien theory, can modern man re-create the pyramids in exact size and shape? And I don't mean with sticks and rope, let them use whatever they want: bulldozers, factories, lasers, aircraft, whatever it takes, even with all our modern technology, can we recreate the pyramids? If not, it shows at least that the ancients were more skilled in this category than even modern tech.

But i believe the same thing. We should have a team of lets say, hundreds, perhaps even thousands of people, attempt to create these megalithic structures using nothing but primitive tools and systems, and see how they compare - Because this is what mainstream archaeology history tells us. We should be able to create any structure on earth exactly the same if not better. If we cannot in this age replicate the precision using nothing but man power, hand tools and other technology that we have evidence of being available at the time, then it is our duty to investigate further and find the truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I believe it was all human built and it's not too hard to conceive they did it and did it alone. Why can't engineers repeat these processes and techniques? They look too far ahead in terms of modern technology and never think outside the box.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

Watch this episode and then say the evidence is thin. Do that, affirm that...and we'll all believe you instead.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

The problem is that there's absolutely no evidence of any ancient alien visitation whatsoever so the very idea is pure speculation.

That is no doubt true, according to your own private definition of the word "evidence" (whatever that may be). However, according to real definitions of the word "evidence", there is a lot of evidence of ancient alien visitation.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Many of the questions posed by ancient alien theorist are not only credible but can indeed be quite mesmerizing. At the very least they've shown that modern science needs to reexamine human history and the History Channel has really helped spread the ancient alien concept, thrusting the theory's existence into the main stream.....but things can change... The program that started so strong, so packed full of tales of bizarre cultures and epic historical anomalys has unfortunately been watered down... severely. It's so bad in fact the show went from "can't miss"' to "blaahhh"....to "ZZZzzz".

The sad truth is the real meat of the concept gets lost. I find the bulk of the show to be little more than a blend of pure speculation and fantasy with some good solid facts peppered in sparsely.. destroying ANY validity the theory might have had
....and honestly...making it harder to convince my friends.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join