It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't get a council house and its driving me mad!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think it's ridiculous to tell someone who seems like a hard-working responsible bloke that he shouldn't have made the mistake of getting his girlfriend pregnant. Let us know what a good wage for a breeding couple should be.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I think it's ridiculous to tell someone who seems like a hard-working responsible bloke that he shouldn't have made the mistake of getting his girlfriend pregnant. Let us know what a good wage for a breeding couple should be.

Really?

That's funny because I've been with my girlfriend for four years, we live together and still haven't managed to find ourselves with an "accidental" child.

The only thing about common sense is that it ain't very common...

ETA: I'm not saying the OP isn't a hard working fella, I don't know whether he is or isn't. But at the end of the day he's obviously not working hard enough to support a family financially and with that in mind should have been taking the proper precautions so he wouldn't find himself in the situation he's currently in.
edit on 1/9/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

www.direct.gov.uk...

maybe this would help with requirements?

and i also completely agree with a later post, where you stated 2nd job is being a father... how would having a 2nd or 3rd job help? i mean, yes financially it would, but then you are never there for the child, so what is the lesser of 2 (or 3) evils?
edit on 1-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: add

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Maybe at the age when you can afford it perhaps??

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hell, why don't we all have unplanned children and expect council houses, child tax credits, CSA etc?

Funny, because those funds come from the people who work hard and who complain that their taxes are spent on supporting people with no common sense!

The irony is unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Really?

That's funny because I've been with my girlfriend for four years, we live together and still haven't managed to find ourselves with an "accidental" child.

The only thing about common sense is that it ain't very common...

ETA: I'm not saying the OP isn't a hard working fella, I don't know whether he is or isn't. But at the end of the day he's obviously not working hard enough to support a family financially and with that in mind should have been taking the proper precautions so he wouldn't find himself in the situation he's currently in.

People should just stop having kids. Only the rich should be allowed to reproduce.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
On re-reading the first post, it turns out the baby was NOT a mistake. Just unplanned. The OP did say "I am about to become the proud father of my first child"

Congratulations.

link   

I don't expect anything, moneys so bad I'm considering becoming a gyppo myself and saying to hell with the mortgage. I have two jobs and am starting a printing business.
That said, its payday tomorrow, I have the weekend off and am taking my youngest lad to his first bike rally.
That's what I work for, not to pay over the top electric bills, get ripped off on petrol, tax and all the other sh1t.

The bosses have got fat enough off the likes of me, I'm going to devote my life to taking whatever I can get my hands on from now on, and I ain't alone.

link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
People should just stop having kids. Only the rich should be allowed to reproduce.

Anyone is allowed to reproduce, if they don't have the intelligence to support their future family then that's their problem

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Really dude, you should stop now.

I'm sure the OP will provide for his Child and he sounds like a hard working guy.

I can see his frustrations, but as Versa said once the child is born he will be entitled to assitance through the Tax Credits.

Oh by te way, well done for not getting your Girl Friend pregnant. 4 years you say? You sure everything's working?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Really dude, you should stop now.

I'm sure the OP will provide for his Child and he sounds like a hard working guy.

I can see his frustrations, but as Versa said once the child is born he will be entitled to assitance through the Tax Credits.

Oh by te way, well done for not getting your Girl Friend pregnant. 4 years you say? You sure everything's working?

Brilliant! So my money in effect?

Yeah mate, the pill is pretty effective you know
or maybe you don't.....?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We have "public housing" over here in my neck of the woods (British Columbia) but generally you can't get it except in extreme cases: you are in a wheelchair, blind, etc.

A young guy with a job and a small family? Forget about any help from the government - you are on your own.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro

www.direct.gov.uk...

maybe this would help with requirements?

and i also completely agree with a later post, where you stated 2nd job is being a father... how would having a 2nd or 3rd job help? i mean, yes financially it would, but then you are never there for the child, so what is the lesser of 2 (or 3) evils?
edit on 1-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: add

Thanks for the link, im gonna skim through and see if i can find anything, i know that page has a list of whos eligible and whos not but it says nothing about your income.
The whole second job thing - I seriously dont know whats wrong with people. Why have kids if you have to be out working all the time and never raise them? It defeats the purpose!

link   

Anyone is allowed to reproduce, if they don't have the intelligence to support their future family then that's their problem

Unfortunately it's our problem. We work hard and pay taxes and don't think we DESERVE everything handed to us on a silver platter.

We the middle class pay the majority of the taxes in both countries and receive no entitlements that the ultra rich and e ultra poor get..

link   

Oh I see, you leave it to your girl friend to provide the contraception.

Each to their own!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
[color=mediumorchid]Wow.

I think some of you guys are being a bit rough on OP, don't ya think? He is need of advice, not a lecture.

My thoughts for OP: Keep fighting, sir. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Maybe now would be a good time to get yourself back into school and further your education? A degree certainly wouldn't hurt your financial future. Ask for a raise. Clip coupons. Shop discount stores for food and clothing. Buy on clearance. Bike to work if you are close enough. Cloth diapering even just part of the time saves a TON. Breastfeeding helps too and is healthier for the baby. There are a ton of ways to cut costs. You just have to be creative.

I clip coupons (you guys have coupons over there, right?) and save up to 40 percent some weeks by matching coupons with store sales. I am not an extreme couponer--just a smart shopper (:

My thoughts for the incredibly rude people bashing OP: Have you never found yourself in trouble? Have some compassion for the guy. Seriously.
edit on 1-9-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Oh I see, you leave it to your girl friend to provide the contraception.

Each to their own!!

Fantastic, very thoughtful reply.

As you say, each to their own....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I dont think intelligence has anything to do with this situation - Its purely financial clearly. Now, question, will this man ever be able to afford to have a child?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Parents in the UK spend less time with their children than those in any other European country, teachers' leaders warned yesterday.

www.independent.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join