It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't get a council house and its driving me mad!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Now that's the first thing you said I can get on board with.

Hahaha glad we agree on something

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
Cobaltic has it right. All the social housing that was built to repay the working classes for their sacrifices over two world wars was systematically dismantled by thatcher so that the government could better control the bolshy proles.

Maybe, instead of just looking at traditional housing, the op should think laterally.
1 Live on a narrow boat. livingonanarrowboat.co.uk...

2 a caravan ourlifeinacaravan.blogspot.com...

3 build a house from shipping containers. www.google.co.uk...

There are other options too.

The only limit is the one you impose.

I like your style of thinking, I wonder if you have to pay council tax on a boat?

ALS

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

When you're done over there, hop the pond and take care of Washington while you're at it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

Lololol, im sure you could find someone else whos discontented with society, posting anti-government threads from their mothers basement! just give em a gun and they'll be good to go!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Have you thought about asking for a pay rise? I know it's probably not the best climate to ask, but if you don't ask you don't get.

Actually I put in for a promotion. Its to build the new Mclaren road car. There is a nice little rise in pay if I get it.

ALS

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by SprocketUK
Cobaltic has it right. All the social housing that was built to repay the working classes for their sacrifices over two world wars was systematically dismantled by thatcher so that the government could better control the bolshy proles.

Maybe, instead of just looking at traditional housing, the op should think laterally.
1 Live on a narrow boat. livingonanarrowboat.co.uk...

2 a caravan ourlifeinacaravan.blogspot.com...

3 build a house from shipping containers. www.google.co.uk...

There are other options too.

The only limit is the one you impose.

I like your style of thinking, I wonder if you have to pay council tax on a boat?

ALS

NO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY COUNCIL TAX. You don't even have to pay moorings if you move 5 miles every 2 weeks.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Haha jump to conclusions much? We did use contraception but believe it or not it doesn't always work. What makes me special? Nothing although I do believe I have earned the right to help over those who haven't.
ALS

That's fair enough mate, personally if the same thing happened to myself and my partner she would have an abortion, but that's just us; I realise everyone is different.

I'm not knocking you and that post changes my way of thinking, maybe I looked at the thread the wrong way.

I hope you do find a solution although I can foresee it being difficult for a while, that's life I suppose.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

You seem to have it in your head that im some sort of lay about? I have just finish a 14 day (straight) over haul working between 12-18 hour days. I have tomorrow off then I have to work for another 7 days straight.

ALS
edit on 1-9-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Hell, why don't we all have unplanned children and expect council houses, child tax credits, CSA etc?

Funny, because those funds come from the people who work hard and who complain that their taxes are spent on supporting people with no common sense!

The irony is unbelievable.

Think the OP is using the wrong organ..should of been using his brain instead of his penis.

Now your just being silly.

ALS

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

why are you dwelling on the unplanned children issue? it seems like you may be trolling along here... my fiance has been taking birth control pills for 2 years, and yes, after those 2 years, we had a daughter, and you know what? it wasn't planned and it was the best unplanned event of my entire life!
my point is, sometimes contraceptives fail.... just like some people's attempts to make everyone agree with them... you are being a little emphatic with your judgment... i can only assume you have had a perfect life and never had an 'unplanned event', or you work for the government... no need to return a drab response, i am done reading your irritating posts..

i have to say that here in america, too many people are handed too much from the government, while those that DESERVE a little help... well they make a dollar an hour too much to get that help, while food stamps and health care benefits are given readily if you just don't try at all... i completely agree with the OP, if you put something in, why shouldn't you be able the THINK you could get a little something in return?

like another poster stated, you are exactly what the crooked government officials want in a servant, i mean citizen... don't ask questions, give give give, regret on your deathbed and get buried in a cardboard box... or a $20,000.00 casket, it doesn't matter... that's why we are all here! to question the authorit-eye!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

250 a month not week.

ALS

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That's fair enough mate, personally if the same thing happened to myself and my partner she would have an abortion, but that's just us; I realise everyone is different.

To tell you the truth if it was any other women I proberly would have. But this women is something else she is the love and light in my life, if there is such thing as a soulmate she is it. And for that reason I could never deny a life made from such passion and love.

Damn I'm getting soppy again.

ALS

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

I know what you mean. This 'Unplanned event' is the best 'unplanned event' I could have hoped for. TBH the whole OP is just me venting, proberly not the best place for it.

I WILL provide for my child no matter the cost or sacrifice, no matter the sweat or tears. And I will do it so that I can give him/her (don't know what it is yet) the chance not to be in a situation like this.

ALS

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by wigit
I think it's ridiculous to tell someone who seems like a hard-working responsible bloke that he shouldn't have made the mistake of getting his girlfriend pregnant. Let us know what a good wage for a breeding couple should be.

Really?

That's funny because I've been with my girlfriend for four years, we live together and still haven't managed to find ourselves with an "accidental" child.

give your self a slap on the back then or have your sperm count checked... I was on the pill and had been for 15yrs before I got pregnant with an 'unplanned child' ON THE PILL. I'm sure you are aware that no contraceptive is 100% effective don't you?
edit on 1/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

as I said before you'll get a lot of benefits even without a council house (which very few people get now anyway) your rent will probably be mostly paid for by housing benefit and you'll get working tax credits (or similar) maybe child tax credits and child benefit.

oh and congratulations on the baby

ETA and theres a rent deposit scheme so you may be able to get help paying the deposit as well

edit on 1/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Plenty of custodial single parents out there doing it alot tougher than you and are still on the waiting list; here in Australia illegal boat immigrants get first priority. Some single mothers have been waiting 2-5 years before getting housing commission, 2 parent low income families can wait up to 10 years.

My advice to you is moonlight afew extra hours each week or send the wife back in to the workforce and baby in a nursery....of course this will mean you will have to share in the house chores etc.
edit on 1-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
£1100 a month is peanuts, im surprised a couple could live on this let alone a family with a child.

I was earning more than that when i was 20....which was 11 years ago.

Maybe look for another job>?? Tiscali pay £600 a week +tips....£2400 a month £2700 with tips, and its piss easy work

When i was working for NTL (virgin media now) i could easily take home £800 a week...some weeks i was taking home over £1000. I dont know how virgin media operate nowadays, but id still imagine it would be no less then £500-£600 a week. They put you through training...4 weeks i think then another 4 weeks on the road. Look into it

You might have to work 50 hours a week but thats nothing compared to what you are doing now.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You seem to have it in your head that im some sort of lay about? I have just finish a 14 day (straight) over haul working between 12-18 hour days. I have tomorrow off then I have to work for another 7 days straight.

And you expect to raise a child?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

good luck with that. i am private at the moment, but also want council housing. but there is no chance, we have somewhere to live so we are stuck with it, regardless of the cost, they don't care about that.

unless you have been made homeless or you are overcrowded you will wait forever. then again even some of the homeless wait forever. if your in the U.K. it is called the housing crisis, we all suffer because of it. there are not enough houses to go around.

apart from all the empty ones they keep on hold for those claiming asylum.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

perhaps I should quit my job and sign on. Apparently this is the best way to get public housing.

ALS
So live in a flat?.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join