It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't get a council house and its driving me mad!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by Stovokor

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Stovokor

I take offence to your comments. For one I am the taxpayer and I deserve YES deserve help over those who do not want to work or are newcomers to the country.

My child although unplanned is not a problem. I will do all I can to house, feed and cloth my family but is help for the state I fund to much to ask?

ALS

So housing is a RIGHT in the UK? What makes you think you deserve government subsidized housing? where is that in your constitution?

It's good you will do all you can to support your family...but you do not DESERVE free or discounted housing paid for by the government. That's silly and the part of the problem.

Exactly why does the government deserve tax then?

THEY DON'T!!! At least not at the rate they are getting it!!

They need enough to defend their sovereignty and that's about it!

With all the social programs and bureaucracies we have to pay for and don't get me started on the nonsensical military interventions, that's why they demand the high tax rates. If my partner and I got to keep the 40k a year we pay in taxes we would be spending it in the private sector which equals more jobs..multiply that by a few hundred million people and waaa laaa you got yourself a rich country and booming economy.

The problem is..nanny states and bloated fat governments that require huge amounts of tax dollars to keep going...it's a beast that feeds on it's citizenry.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Historically we have paid taxes to ensure the ruling classes stay richer and to ensure we are the bitches!!

It pays for their lifestyles, their wars and the upkeep of their houses.

Rents from Council Houses used to pay for additional housing and the manitenance and upkeep of the housing stock.

There are less and less Coucil Houses now, ergo less rental income. Additionally Coucils are not allowed to build new homes. Housing Associations can and indeed on many new housing estates there are a nuber of Social Houses within the plan, but these are paid by and owned by Housing Associations.
edit on 1/9/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

SURPRISE SUPRISE!!!

This guy asks for a 2 bedroom house and is given the finger by the government and some of his peer's, the world is truly messed up

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by RMFX1
How do you know they weren't? That's right..you don't.

Oh and BTW, you sound like a perfect little tax payer. The government just love people like you. People who think they're too good or they're too proud to ask for anything back when times get hard.

They just love the likes of you. Pay your taxes, and expect nothing for it.

edit on 1-9-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

Wow, another member who expects everything to be given to them.

Ever heard of working hard?

You're assuming that I'm unemployed. That's 2 assumptions in 2 posts. At least you're consistent.

But I have heard of it. I've worked hard all of my adult life. I live comfortably. If that ever changes though, and I feel that I need assistance, I won't be too proud or ashamed to ask for it. Ive already paid for it!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You're assuming that I'm unemployed. That's 2 assumptions in 2 posts. At least you're consistent.

But I have heard of it. I've worked hard all of my adult life. I live comfortably. If that ever changes though, and I feel that I need assistance, I won't be too proud or ashamed to ask for it. Ive already paid for it!

Mate, I understand the point your making and also the angle your coming from but surely you have enough intelligence to realise that it doesn't work that way?

No one really gives a F*** about you or your problems, everyone's busy enough with their own. With regards to the OP, I still think he should have put some more thought into an unplanned pregnancy, I've had my own financial problems in the past but never failed to pay the bills or the rent.

If he's earning £1100 a month then say minus £450 rent a month plus around £200 quid for the water, electricity, TV license, Internet and £100 on food that leaves him with £350 pounds a month for himself, a newborn and his missus.

Which is £87.5 a week...

ETA: I didn't assume you was unemployed, I specifically asked "Ever heard of working hard?", to elaborate you work hard enough to put money in the bank so you don't have to rely on hand outs (which in all fairness you won't get!)
edit on 1/9/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Cobaltic has it right. All the social housing that was built to repay the working classes for their sacrifices over two world wars was systematically dismantled by thatcher so that the government could better control the bolshy proles.

Maybe, instead of just looking at traditional housing, the op should think laterally.
1 Live on a narrow boat. livingonanarrowboat.co.uk...

2 a caravan ourlifeinacaravan.blogspot.com...

3 build a house from shipping containers. www.google.co.uk...

There are other options too.

The only limit is the one you impose.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Oh I get it now, your American. Please you do not know the state of britian. And yes housing is a right.

ALS

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Mate, I understand the point your making

I don't think that you do. But thanks for finally getting to your own point and confirming that you couldn't give a f# about the OP's problems.

My own opinion is that you're attitude is a hell of a lot more offensive than the OP's is. Why don't you ride that high horse right on out of here?

EDIT: And who in gods name can feed 3 people on 100 pounds a month? What a fcking joke!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

I take offence to your comments. For one I am the taxpayer and I deserve YES deserve help over those who do not want to work or are newcomers to the country.

My child although unplanned is not a problem. I will do all I can to house, feed and cloth my family but is help for the state I fund to much to ask?

ALS

So housing is a RIGHT in the UK? What makes you think you deserve government subsidized housing? where is that in your constitution?

It's good you will do all you can to support your family...but you do not DESERVE free or discounted housing paid for by the government. That's silly and the part of the problem.

Exactly why does the government deserve tax then?

THEY DON'T!!! At least not at the rate they are getting it!!

They need enough to defend their sovereignty and that's about it!

With all the social programs and bureaucracies we have to pay for and don't get me started on the nonsensical military interventions, that's why they demand the high tax rates. If my partner and I got to keep the 40k a year we pay in taxes we would be spending it in the private sector which equals more jobs..multiply that by a few hundred million people and waaa laaa you got yourself a rich country and booming economy.

The problem is..nanny states and bloated fat governments that require huge amounts of tax dollars to keep going...it's a beast that feeds on it's citizenry.

I hope the NHS NEVER gets privatized. We all know the bottom line of a private company is... wait for it... PROFIT! BUT, a non-profit companies bottom line is... Service.
Private companies can go to hell, you need only look at almost every single company in the UK that was sold to a private owner, Gas is a fantastic example!
"But the NHS is unsustainable" Well stop paying 100k wages to people that sit around all day and do paperwork! they're running down the system so they can replace it with private healthcare, you know how the CONservatives roll.

And plus, if you removed all the damn foreigners from this country you'd free up alot of jobs, fact.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think some of you are being way too hard on the OP. He's got every right to be angry.

The main problem here is that a lot of folk are so used to having the piss taken out of them by our wonderful leaders they don't notice it any more, and even go as far as believing the status quo is the right thing. Some of you here too I see.

They put jobless immigrants in castles in the UK these days, and the council pays their rent for them.

All the OP wants is a council house so he can have a couple of quid left over every month to spend on his new baby because the rent he pays privately is too much. And they have the cheek to tell him he earns too much?

Get on the phone to that councillor and start annoying CAB too, pronto. Keep us updated. Keep your ears open too for couples getting together where one might be giving up their house. If you get your name on the book, it's yours when they leave. There are other ways to get a council house.
edit on 1-9-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
Cobaltic has it right. All the social housing that was built to repay the working classes for their sacrifices over two world wars was systematically dismantled by thatcher so that the government could better control the bolshy proles.

Maybe, instead of just looking at traditional housing, the op should think laterally.
1 Live on a narrow boat. livingonanarrowboat.co.uk...

2 a caravan ourlifeinacaravan.blogspot.com...

3 build a house from shipping containers. www.google.co.uk...

There are other options too.

The only limit is the one you impose.

Live off the crumbs of the rich then yeah? Sounds fair

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Have you thought about asking for a pay rise? I know it's probably not the best climate to ask, but if you don't ask you don't get.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I don't think that you do. But thanks for finally getting to your own point and confirming that you couldn't give a f# about the OP's problems.

You mention my attitude? Is that because I don't share your idea about the Government helping people out? Are you daft?

My own opinion is that you're attitude is a hell of a lot more offensive than the OP's is. Why don't you ride that high horse right on out of here?

EDIT: And who in gods name can feed 3 people on 100 pounds a month? What a fcking joke!

Well you can, if you shop cheap and cut back, but that's my whole point; work harder

Maybe he should of thought about an unplanned pregnancy and not put himself in that situation until he was financially more secure, I'm not sure why you consider my realism an "attitude".....
edit on 1/9/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well you can, if you shop cheap and cut back, but that's my whole point; work harder

Yeah I get it. Keep his d# in his pants, work harder, change his attitude and shop around. Next you'll be telling him to grow a vegetable garden.

Your posts and opinion in this thread are absolutely worthless. You cannot feed 3 people on 100 pounds a month. Please get a grip of yourself.

EDIT: I see you edited, so I'll edit mine. It's not realism. It's idiocy and it's insulting. Quite frankly, your attitude stinks. Not the OP's.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Live off the crumbs of the rich? Did you read what I posted?its about having your own place and minimising your outgoings.Apart from the container houses, you won't pay council tax, water rates and often electric.
All that money you save could go to financing a self build.

Edited to add that I don't want to come across like the super capitalists on here, I just think that the state has been taken over by profiteers and will never be there for us. So offered alternatives to signing your life over to a bank. Or lining already rich folks pockets by paying exorbitant rent.
edit on 1-9-2011 by SprocketUK because: clarification

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

If he's earning £1100 a month then say minus £450 rent a month plus around £200 quid for the water, electricity, TV license, Internet and £100 on food that leaves him with £350 pounds a month for himself, a newborn and his missus.

Which is £87.5 a week...

You missed out council tax and car tax and petrol and car insurance and gas and home contents insurance and life insurance and £100 on food for a month isn't very much, is it?. Why should someone who works hard eat slop because he can't afford proper food? No wonder folk get angry.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

I was being sarcastic hun but looking at your post and i can see why it didnt take XD
Sorry

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
You missed out council tax and car tax and petrol and car insurance and gas and home contents insurance and life insurance and £100 on food for a month isn't very much, is it?. Why should someone who works hard eat slop because he can't afford proper food? No wonder folk get angry.

I'm being generous and leaving out certain items to make a point, I haven't even included purchasing furniture, plates, cutlery, beds, TV, washing machine, microwave etc etc

All leads to the same thing; the OP should have thought twice before have an "unplanned" child.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I was being sarcastic hun but looking at your post and i can see why it didnt take XD
Sorry

:-D its been a very long day, after a week of long days.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Sorry

:-D its been a very long day, after a week of long days.

Lol, you sound like someone whos been hard at work, hope you dont expect anything in return

/Sarcasm!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join