It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

The breakup of any comet may or may not be a good thing. A "shotgun blast" of smaller bodies makes a wider pattern in space and therefore may increase odds (over time) of hitting something with people on it. Re: Comet Shoemaker Levy and its multiple impact on Jupiter. Also: Have you read a book titled "Lucifer's Hammer" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournell? About a comet that rounds the Sun, breaks up and hammers earth numerous times with "little " bits, like a shotgun. Any way I also think that The flap Of Elenin and Niburu are just that....

edit on 30-8-2011 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It is too bad that the comet is breaking up.....although SpaceObs is not yet reporting this.

I was looking forward to finally seeing it in the sky in the next few weeks (I'm in Canada).

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Over at Space orbs .com there is a guy from nasa saying a few things go find it yourself -

I will say this, when Sept 23-26th rolls around and in direct alignment with Elenin and the sun and no major earth quakes happen it would be safe to say that nothing will happen from that point on and just a normal comet -

If there is a good shake on the earth in the 8.0-9.0 range on the 23-26 of Sept I would be alarmed - after that its pretty much non-sense to carry on topics about the comet -

And those that do are just scared of the unknown -

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1), widely known for inaccurate reports of its threat to Earth, appears to be breaking apart.

Wouldn't Elenin breaking up into several objects increase the risk of collision with Earth or another planet?

Are the orbits of the broken up pieces the same as the original?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wearedust
Over at Space orbs .com there is a guy from nasa saying a few things go find it yourself -

I will say this, when Sept 23-26th rolls around and in direct alignment with Elenin and the sun and no major earth quakes happen it would be safe to say that nothing will happen from that point on and just a normal comet -

If there is a good shake on the earth in the 8.0-9.0 range on the 23-26 of Sept I would be alarmed - after that its pretty much non-sense to carry on topics about the comet -

And those that do are just scared of the unknown -

Cheers!

take this drivel for example. fear mongering is all it is. or a need for attention. any rudimentary iPhone app will show you that planet alignments happen all the time. but this individual full of fear and loathing and a general dislike of his/her life, will project his fears on all of the galaxy. as if all the governments of the universe will somehow allow such a thing to happen, or somehow the galaxy conforms itself to his fears.

i beleive it's time for you to look back over the course of 5 years of alignments and see how many of them line up with major earthquakes. better yet, get your fancy iPhone and get an earthquake feed app. it will show you that earthquakes are happening right now, and there is no planet alignment. earthquakes will be happening with there is an alignment. and when the alignment is over, earthquakes will continue.

do you really need to be told this stuff that any 10th grade science student could tell you?

and by the way...how many 8.0 or 9.0 earthquakes have occurred in the last 5 years? last 10 years? please get back to us on that...it should be easy to find out.
edit on 30-8-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MardukNibiru

The fragments of a comet follow the same orbit as the comet. Over time, the remnants will separate somewhat but they will still follow more or less the same path. They are just falling through space, there is little to change their path. Cometary disintegration is actually a pretty common phenomenon. If Elenin has broken up the fragments pose no more danger to Earth than the intact comet did.

edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So the comet is dimming and elongating...Their theory is that this means it's breaking up.

Here's another theory.

An object behind elenin with a massive magnetic field would bend and elongate the lightwaves that we see from elenin, therefore making it dim or even "disappear" from our point of view.

Also, elenin has appeared to be "slowing down." Exactly what would happen as it nears the end of its orbit which makes it begin to go the other direction while the object behind it with the massive magnetic field would still be going full speed. Thereby slightly catching up to Elenin and slowing it down with its strong magnetic pull.

Indeed.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Unfortunately, what was a Slug of a Planet has now been turned into Double Odd Buck Shot, any of the fragments of which can still do serious damage to the earth so, don't get too happy too quick, something..some doom..some consequence is still coming and unavoidable. Time continues to speed up and nothing has been fixed; just delayed.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I blew it up... with my mind!

You're welcome.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Do you think that's why Morgan Freeman was president? It was to implant this whole idea so we would have a frame of reference now that Obama is president, making a comet or asteroid impact plausible to our subconscious through mass cognitive programing...

...talk about long term planning!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Even if Elenin completely disintegrated or collided with the sun or something, the ignorant fanatics on this site would just claim it went into "stealth mode" or something ridiculous like that, with zero evidence to back up the claim of course and the fantasy would go on. That's how desperate these delusional people are for their delusional fantasies of destruction to be true.

These people don't want facts because those are boring and bland. They want facts skewed and completely misinterpreted or outright lies, anything that fits in with the delusion they WANT to believe in, presented (mostly on lolyoutube) by ignorant fools who are not experts in the field. Please show me all the well respected, peer reviewed scientists who are saying Elenin is an ufo/doomsday device etc (and no richard hoagland is not even a scientist, hes an author and charlatan).

Maybe years and years from now when nothing happens, they'll finally admit they were wrong (not publicly of course) but then I bet just move straight on to whatever other misinterpreted or zero evidence youtube-fueled delusion catches their fancy.
edit on 30-8-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Elenin has always only been a distraction from another asteroid that is quite likely to actually hit Earth.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by flexy123

It all comes down to faith, and science is no different in that regard.

We make hypotheses, observe, record, and extrapolate meaning.

Yet, does not religion do these things as well?

And you may believe that science is somehow superior, yet, it is merely a system that does its best to explain things it does not have all the variables to, as does religion.

Science is the opiate of the left brained masses.

Truth is relative, even with science's precious 'facts.'

After all, how many science types would come down on the side of life on this planet, given all the factors?

Few, in my opinion.

And those only on 'faith.'

Science does take a measure of 'faith', I will give you that. However, with science, you are able to challenge your 'faith' by recreating the methods used to derive the validity or invalidity of the hypothesis. With religion, a person must blindly follow a book that a person cannot change. A person can interpret this book however they see fit. Does everyone have to believe what this person states as their belief of a given topic from within the book, no, but this is not based on any 'fact', just merely an interpretation of the content. Last time I checked, noone has recently turned water into wine, noone has recently built an ark to survive a flood (the people in New Orleans and most recently on the East Coast sure could have used this) and noone has recently walked on water.

-saige-

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

which one would that be?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

The Virginia earthquake broke it apart...

And we were not even in alignment. HA!!! Take that you puny comet, the Earth fires one back.

Comet-quake anyone?

-saige-

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by xvagrantx

I know a few days back it was reported that the Sun sent out a CME that would hit Elenin. I'm not sure if this is what has caused the disintegration or not.

Well, now that's very interesting, especially for people who believe the Creator can control things even through science. Sun worshipers know that the Sun God and Goddess rule! Go Helios Go Helios!
edit on 30-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Same thing happened in Independence day look how that turned out.
runs for the hills

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would like to see more information backing up this claim, such as images, data etc. Putting your trust into what one person claims to have observed is not an absolute.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I wouldn't get too cocky with the "so much for doomsday" statement. Now, instead of having one single object to worry about, we have several. Any one of which could come screaming toward Earth. I would say that this just increased the odds of a direct hit.

Or, maybe it broke up awhile ago and NASA knew this all along and is shi##ing their pants as we speak.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1), widely known for inaccurate reports of its threat to Earth, appears to be breaking apart.

spaceweather.com...

Hmmm. Some curious coincidences with possible XB-37 long (and secret) missions, along with rumored similar missions by XB-37 copies from Russia[www.csmonitor.com...] and India [www.flightglobal.com...].

And then this rather stretch-the-imagination-but-then-I’m-not-a-solar-flare-expert announcement in the Jan 30, 2011 eZine Universe Today:
"On August 19, a massive solar flare and coronal mass ejection hit the comet, which may have
been the beginning of the end for the much ballyhooed lump of ice and dirt."
[www.universetoday.com...]

Question in my mind: is comet Elenin’s supposed break up a man-made/assisted event?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join