It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Falling does not mean down. Falling means being attracted to the primary gravitational influence.
Satellites are falling around Earth. The Moon is falling around Earth. The Earth is falling around the Sun.
library.thinkquest.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmilyP30
What does "elenin" mean?

coupmedia.org...
Oh I don't know, perhaps it means:

Everyone
Loves
Eggs
Near
Interstate
Nine

???

It could you know.

It means nothing. It is the name of the person who discovered it, Leonid Elenin. There are many threads about this very subject already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-saige-

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by IamAbeliever

How would a fragment be caused to come "screaming toward earth?" Any fragments, like the original comet, would be objects falling through space.

Do you have any research on objects falling through space?I would really like to know witch way is down in space.

Falling toward the Sun.

An orbit is actually the same as falling. For example, the orbiting space station is constantly falling toward the Earth due to the Earth's gravity pulling it down. However, the path of this fall has been given a "sideways" velocity (called angular momentum). If it is falling fast enough in that direction, and because the Earth is a sphere, the surface of the earth will curve away from the space station before the space station gets a chance to hit that surface.

Over 99% of the earth's gravity is still acting on the space station and the space station astronauts, pulling them back to Earth -- i.e, they are all falling due to gravity.

The same goes for something (comet, planet, etc) orbiting the Sun. Objects in orbit can be thought to be falling toward the object they are orbiting, but the orbiting object's angular momentum keeps it from ever striking the surface.

Here is a website that explains how an object in orbit can be described as "falling", using a cannonball to illustrate the point:

Newton's Cannonball

edit on 8/30/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by bjsmi2
SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1), widely known for inaccurate reports of its threat to Earth, appears to be breaking apart.

spaceweather.com...

That's just different stages of the Annunaki spaceship separating... Or the scout ships disengaging from the Mothership....

Or it is nothing happening out there anyway...

BTW nice avatar!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I am not religious in any way but this is an interesting take on elenin by a religious person:

Now the fact that this comet’s name was ELENIN, which encompasses the message of an E.L.E. “event” and “nin” meaning person or “persons”, therefore MANKIND is headed into an EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT in the near future. It is true, for the return of the Messiah is in fact an E.L.E event for world civilization. IT IS THE JUDGMENT OF THE NATIONS, OF THE SHEEP AND THE GOATS. The nations of the world know and understand that, and that is why they gather themselves together in an attempt to DEFEAT MESSIAH at his EARTH ARRIVAL. Of course, one of those judgments upon the people of the world is the RISE OF ANTICHRIST or LUCIFER.

Comet Elenin is telling us something of extreme importance. It is coming out of LEO, If you know anything about the Sphinx and the Bible, and who actually built it, then you would know that the head is VIRGO, and the TAIL IS LEO. You might also have picked up on THE FACE ON MARS, which is both man and feline. Actually there are those who have pointed out that the head of sphinx is both man and beast (lion) combined. It all has to do with the HEAVENS, and the CONSTELLATIONS. The Bible is a book of ASTRONOMICAL CODE. God placed the stars in the heavens to spell out the entire REDEMPTION PROCESS, both spiritual and prophetic. It is written in the STARS. The Book of Revelation is filled with ASTRONOMICAL SIGNS. If you don’t know the meanings of these SIGNS IN THE HEAVENS, then events upon Earth will sail right by you and you will have no clue or CONFIRMATIONS as to what is happening on Earth.

ELENIN first came through CANCER, which is also known as the BEE HIVE and also PLACE OF SHELTERING OR “HIDING PLACE”. Remember that Christ went back to the Father’s House, the “hiding place”. It also has the connotation of “many rooms” or ” assembled thousands of lambs”. It also means “Messiah’s redeemed possessions held fast”, meaning that those who are REALLY REDEEMED, that is, those who are authentically REBORN are held fast and that “no man can plucked them” out of Messiah’s hand. It goes along with a GODLY SORROW THAT BRINGS A REPENTANCE THAT IS NOT REPENTED OF.” or to put it another way, IF YOU ARE BORN AGAIN, you have total eternal security.

Then Elenin travels through LEO, which is warning us all that MESSIAH, WHO COMES AS A LION, is ready to ROAR OUT OF HIS PLACE. In other words, this time the Lord does not come as a sweet gentle lamb, but rather as the Lion from the Tribe of Judah. So it is, and so it will be. LEO is then a direct reference to Jesus Christ who is coming to COLLECT HIS REDEEMED, and to DESTROY WORLD CIVILIZATION. Elenin then goes into VIRGO, which has a number of constellations that make up this sign, all assembled to bring out the VIRGIN MARY and her Divine offspring MESSIAH. Also coupled with this, is ISRAEL, and of course ALL THE REDEEMED. Virgo is a key SIGN IN THE HEAVENS of Revelation. The fact that ELENIN comes out of LEO and goes into VIRGO, turns right around back to LEO and then back to CANCER spells out that THE BRIDEGROOM COMETH TO COLLECT HIS REDEEMED TO TAKE THEM BACK TO THE FATHER’S HOUSE FOR THE GREAT “BEMA SEAT JUDGMENT” AND WEDDING FEAST, and while that is happening, THE JUDGEMENTS are poured out upon the world and Israel for their Christ rejection. Therefore, the MIDNIGHT CRY IS ABOUT TO GO OUT. Jesus is coming to both to RESCUE HIS OWN and JUDGE THE WORLD for their evil. The RICH MEN OF THE EARTH, who have plotted for generations are about to see the fruit of their labor: ANTICHRIST and the NEW WORLD ORDER is about to manifest itself upon Earth. How long before His arrival? No one knows – but we can say VERY CLOSE.

Comet ELENIN then goes back to LEO – THE FATHER’S HOUSE, for the great wedding FEAST OF THE REDEEMED.FROM THERE IT GOES BACK TO CANCER, the place of MANY ROOMS. “I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go, I will return…”

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Eureka! Elenin is Eleven and Nine right? That means there will be 9 to 11 comets coming our way. We will know more on 9/11 at precisely 9:11 pm. Eastern Standard I believe.
9 to 11 countries will come forth and admit that Elenin is in fact Nibiru which is in fact Nemesis which is in fact Planet X. X is also 10 which falls between 9 and 11! It's a mathematical code that after several days of studying I have concluded that 9 and 11 equals 20. That's as far as I've gotten.

I thought I should edit in I'm just kidding, ya know, for the more serious of you.

edit on 29-8-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: jk

LOL it actually works...but you have fallen from your rocker.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
For a community that is dedicated to investigating conspiracies and reading between the lines, no matter how ridiculous, the first 10 posts or so on this thread are incredibly condescending. Get over yourselves.

link   

link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by deadeyedick

Falling does not mean down. Falling means being attracted to the primary gravitational influence.
Satellites are falling around Earth. The Moon is falling around Earth. The Earth is falling around the Sun.
library.thinkquest.org...

Careful now, everyone will find out the secret about gravity actually being curved space time. We are sliding down a ramp of space time, always.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
EmilyP30, while we appreciate your information, this is all information that we have read hundreds of times before. In fact, all of what you have posted, was information that has been around about Elenin for months now. I'm going to guess your next post is about how the movie Deep Impact tells us all about Elenin and how it relates to events happening now. I hate to break it to you, but we have heard that one too.

My suggestion? Go read all the threads you can find on ATS about Elenin first. After doing so, if you have some information that hasn't been covered in one of those threads, come post it here. Cool?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

www.thefreedictionary.com...
Nope satellites are not falling through space.Some may fall back to earth but saying that they can fall through space is not a good way to help us understand.The link you gave doesn't prove that objects are falling through space.I do get what your trying to say i think.The way i see it would depend on the mass of the object vs the force that broke it apart.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Gotta love how people are still going on about how it's a spaceship or this is all disinfo being put out there...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Wow! So in other words you are telling me to get lost? I am new to this site. It would be virtually impossible for me to read "every" post since the creation of ATS. I "do" have a life outside of this website. But I can see that you are ungrateful for the posts I have done. All I'm trying to clarify is that Elenin is 100% based on symbology and not an actual event. But I will take my knowledge elsewhere. Thanks for the enlightenment!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong but:

It was shown that comets approaching the sun have what is considered to be an "undeterminable path of orbit" due to the fact the comets expell gasses and vapors that can propell the comet into a "slightly" different orbit and is thus "non-predictable"

the amount that the orbit will change depends on variables that science cannot (yet) gather and predict. Such as how much gas/vapor will be released and at what pressures and in which direction etc..

Having said that the idea that the comet "after breaking up" will continue on its origional orbit might not be true...again correct me if I am wrong. Levy9 may have changed its orbit as it broke up but because it was heading toward a monster like Jupiter...the change in orbit wasn't enough to determine a "change" at all...it still hit Jupiter as predicted.

Regardless if the comet was as small as is claimed by NASA then it doesn't matter what its orbit is...

but if the comet is larger and the trajectory changed....hmm something to ponder i guess
edit on 30-8-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Phage

www.thefreedictionary.com...
Nope satellites are not falling through space.Some may fall back to earth but saying that they can fall through space is not a good way to help us understand.The link you gave doesn't prove that objects are falling through space.I do get what your trying to say i think.The way i see it would depend on the mass of the object vs the force that broke it apart.

Objects in orbit ARE always falling toward the object they are orbiting.

Elenin is falling toward the Sun. The Moon is falling toward the Earth. The Earth is falling toward the Sun. That's exactly what an orbit is -- falling due to the influence of gravity.

The example I gave before is the Space Station that is falling toward the Earth. The Earth's gravity is pulling down the space station in the same manner that it pulls a thrown rock back to Earth.

Check out my post above (or click Here to link to my post) for additional information.

edit on 8/30/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EmilyP30

No, no, no. That is not what I am telling you. What I am saying is that you are telling the people of this forum or thread, all this information that virtually everyone posting in this thread has read before. They did what I suggested that you do, as it what I did as well. So, if you choose to take my suggestion in a negative manner, so be it. But if you took it as a suggestion on the next step in your learning or awakening as some call it, then go forth and enjoy your reading.

But my point still stands, and that is....thank you for the information, but we have read that before.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

By the way... I have never seen Deep Impact and I don't care too. I don't believe in all of this "end of world" #. Yea right. Thanks for asking!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well we still don't know really how big elenin is, it could be huge and it may have separated into huge parts, that comet is like Tony Montana, it don't die so easy, although the theories are already pouring it should be the so called anunnaki ships separating to come to earth, hahaha, it's getting ridiculous now

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
reply to post by Aeons

which one would that be?

My guess is Apophis.

I suspect that Apophis is going to be used as a test case for destroying a NEO.
edit on 2011/8/30 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
reply to post by randyvs

Do you think that's why Morgan Freeman was president? It was to implant this whole idea so we would have a frame of reference now that Obama is president, making a comet or asteroid impact plausible to our subconscious through mass cognitive programing...

...talk about long term planning!

I'm actually in agreemnt with your doubt. However, I wonder if you are aware of all the other correlations, involving Elenin and said cinamegraphic prophecies ?

Phage
You said
[Falling does not mean down]

This popped on a light bulb for Randy.

Astronomically speaking, it seems the word down would lose all meaning ?
edit on 30-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join