It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks for not being ignorant towards my post, unlike some ..... i`m no expert on these things , just concerened with all the crazyness going on around the world , then this thing jumping back into the picture ..... its been a long time since i looked into hopi prophecies too, as you can tell
thanks for the link , i`m just hoping we can throw this doomsday stuff out of the window pretty soon, its gone on for far too long now. Thanks for clearing things up

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Deep down inside of each of us, we all want doomsday to happen.
Thats why we're all here reading these forums and searching the web for signs of the nearing end.
I have to ask a question to everyone here... what then if it NEVER happens?
What if our entire lives are wasted, waiting?
edit on 30-8-2011 by LeeOben because: grammar

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Comets that break apart fan out over time and is similar to the shotgun effect on a large scale. That is the fact, don't forget when they hit each other they bounce off in slightly different trajectories. solar winds, gravitation bodies etc. Doomsayers rejoice

*Note: I do not visit this site but it has pictures of fragment separation.

www.greatdreams.com...

edit on 30-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
So what did we do Nuke it?

I was so looking forward to this comet.

It's not breaking apart.

...and most astronomers have been saying all along that Elenin is probably going to be a less-than-spectacular comet when viewed from Earth. Its nucleus is relatively small and it seems its tail will not be that prominently visible from Earth. If it does become visible to the naked eye, astronomers say it will just be a very faint and small blob.

So there wasn't much to 'look forward to' in the first place, unless you had good binoculars or a telescope.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Good, but will this be an end to the comets doomsday post? Prolly not... isn't here another not so well known comet out there as well? I'm sure the people will crown it the new Earth slayer

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thank you OP for the current update on this celestial

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

What link ?
....... and im English not Hopi , also ........ i have a job, infact i`m at work now, i work from home, but that has nothing at all to do with this topic, so why the totally ill informed personnal attack ?
theres too many idiots on the web these days.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhiteHuman
reply to post by lkpuede

What link ?
....... and im English not Hopi , also ........ i have a job, infact i`m at work now, i work from home, but that has nothing at all to do with this topic, so why the totally ill informed personnal attack ?
theres too many idiots on the web these days.

sorry, that wasn't directed to you it was directed to that fine fellow DJW001.

and by the way? before you think someone is personally attacking you, maybe you should learn how to read what was posted.

just sayin...
edit on 30-8-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

edit on 30-8-2011 by TallWhiteHuman because: (no reason given)

okie dokie then, im out ........ play nice children

edit on 30-8-2011 by TallWhiteHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Thats Ele-Tard.

You cant change the spelling once its already in use or you have to go back 3 spaces and roll the dice again.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeeOben
Thats why we're all here reading these forums and searching the web for signs of the nearing end.

Fear addiction is the one common link everyone here has. The let down hormones and chems are the drug. No different than horror movie fans. We just get to comment and discuss.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Fear addiction is the one common link everyone here has. The let down hormones and chems are the drug. No different than horror movie fans. We just get to comment and discuss.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Don't you all know that we sent a probe armed with some Iranian (Russian bought ) suitcase nukes and set them off as the probe landed. Try to keep up folks....I mean this is everyday news, not some deep undercover black ops thing...LOL

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

ummm...i don't have any particular desire to see "doomsday" happen. i'm fortunate that i have a wife and family i love very much. i enjoy where i live. i like my job (some of the time). i like my house. in enjoy my hobbies. i personally enjoy reading these postings because i cannot, for the life of me, understand why people would actually be waiting on pins and needles to see their whole planet and civilization wiped out. people actually hope and pray for that.

but i digress...

i don't think earth is primative or second rate. earth is just a middle of the road planet. the other planets are not utopias, and while they may be older than earth, they have their own problems, which i'm quite sure we don't want anything to do with.

and even if aliens were hanging around in the past, the only logical outcome is that some other civilization is gonna hear about it, not like it too much, and it would likely trigger a war. and even if it didn't, the only good thing, near as i can tell, that these faceless aliens have done is shown people how to move really big rocks. big damn deal, we coulda figured that out on our own.

so speak for yourself. i like being alive.
edit on 30-8-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Generally I notice he provides a link if what he post's isn't obvious, or crashes to violently in the hopes of ill-informed conspiracists. Do people really hate their lives so much as to hope for annihilation? That doesn't sound like living to me. Living to me is searching for the evidence that can be proven to be repeatable, in how things work, maybe that's just me and I don't have the time to entertain hypothetical scenarios that do nothing to help me complete tasks that I get paid for, you know, to provide my family with life support.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
reply to post by Bluesma

I'm with you, has anyone actually confirmed that it has actually disintegrated???

Until then, this is no conclusive evidence to suggest otherwise.

Ya the video attached to the OP's article was of Comet Garradd, and it was moving along completely intact.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I never thought Elenin would threaten life on Earth. I didn't know what to expect cause I didn't spend alot of time researching it, thats as far as my fear level was risen, not learning enough about it.

I don't know what to believe anymore, stories change on here so much I don't even care, I just say my opinion and move on with my day.

Like I said before, when I see a comet that looks like it's on the way with the naked eye, then and only then will I be apart of the Elenin Doomsday clic.

We do not need Elenin to kill us, she blew up cause we need no help we are doing such a killer job already on Earth, even if it is a spaceship of the Annunaki, they will leave after 5 minutes of looking at how we treat each other.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Suddenly we have no more need for staying in the International space station and the astronauts are coming home. Mission accomplished for now???

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by Shadowalker

...Do people really hate their lives so much as to hope for annihilation? That doesn't sound like living to me. Living to me is searching for the evidence that can be proven to be repeatable, in how things work, maybe that's just me and I don't have the time to entertain hypothetical scenarios that do nothing to help me complete tasks that I get paid for, you know, to provide my family with life support.

right? i can tell you this much (at the risk of sounding like a nut), there does exists other civilizations/governments in the universe, and you can see them. not easily at first...and it involves a lot of scalp splitting headaches, nausea, and disorientation. after that, you need to get a feeling for what off-earth urban/industrial planning looks like, which is not too hella different from what we see on this planet. not different at all, actually. of course, if it were different from earth planning, it would be non-visible to us.

and then after all that, you realize...ain't nobody around here thinking about earth. seems to me like they have their own plans, and none of them involve earth. i'd even go so far as to say some of those civilizations know earth is here, they too keep it quiet, and generally leave earth to it's own devices.

then you come back to earth and you listen to these nutjobs. i just don't understand where this way of thinking comes from. you are just a planet among many planets. no better...no worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join