It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 8/28 Interview On Fox News With Chris Wallace

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MorbiSemper

I can accurately tell you that he hasn't a chance.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

I can accurately tell you that he does have a chance.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
FEMA required us to do a survey that cost over $1000 to prove that our house was not in a flood zone. The original survey when the house was built noted that it was not in a flood zone.
It took over 6 months to fight FEMA so we could refinance our stupid mortgage.
They are a plague. They are incompetent. They are useless.
GO RON PAUL!!! You'll have my vote.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Blaine91555

Chris Wallace is one program I do watch. He hits everyone he interviews with hard questions without regard to their Party or views and lets them respond fully. Not many on the air who do that anymore. That is a good thing for Paul. I think Wallace has one of the largest audiences out there.
That's awesome, I'm sure he just gained thousands of supporters with that interview.

I watch CNN about the same amount as I watch FoxNews, but they just don't have an interviewer like Wallace. I've liked Wallace since he Moderated Meet the Press. I know he has won multiple Emmy's and a Peabody.
Ever since that "top tier" comment of his, I've always been extremely skeptical of his intentions. But to be fair, I feel the same way about every MSM reporter because I think they're all controlled and they all have an agenda.

One of my favorites was when he asked Michelle Bachmann are you a fake. That is the first question he should ask all politicians in fact.
That's epic! I just looked it up because I had to see this:
I just gained a lot of respect for Wallace.

I wish there were more interviewers like Wallace who lay their Party aside and do their jobs. Just as important, he lets them answer his questions.
Yeah in this interview he let Paul talk and talk and talk without interruption, it was good stuff.

You know my Ex Wife has a Doctorate in Social Work and she's as dumb as a box of nails. On the flip side she thinks everyone is crazy except for her.

I hate people that throw around the education and think it gives you clout. Just because you know a lot of stuff about one thing doesn't mean you know everything. Bachman is playing the women card here. If Palin enters you'll be like Michelle who?

She is no different than the other cutout politicians.

If you rewind the video to 1:00 you'll see the extra mouth she has on the other side of her face. :0P
edit on 29-8-2011 by bftroop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old77
reply to post by Kokatsi

no one dies in this country from lack of ability to get health care they die because hey did not get to a health care professional quick enough or a doctor did not see them quick enough in the E.R.

Most county hospitals simply write off the people that never pay as charitable deductions there is no such thing as not being able to receive medical care in America. There is such a thing as not having access to insurance or the proper kind of insurance and this problem would go away if people boycotted the insurance companies and boycotted the universities that which charge hundreds of thousands for medical degree's. We have a lot of problems in our system that can all be solved by the people but they simply do not have the time or patience to care these days about the real problems.....

Stop saying ignorant things...

Well, I am not precisely ignorant. I lived about 15 yrs in the US, and am a citizen. Most of the time we could not afford health care insurance. We even went without auto insurnce for months (it was legal in VA at the time). I knew people who died of an infected tooth and Catholic Charity would not treat that. They were usually ni ce about anyone giving birth, but if they found out you were not taking welfare, they sent out a check which you could not pay. So we were forced to do alternative treatments,
The other thign is also about money: when I did have health insurance and I had a bad pneumonia and sinusitis coming from a week.long flu threatening with meningitis, I called my house doctor. They told me I could get an appointment next week. I said I might die by that time. They say go to the hospital emergency room, I asked if that was covered under insurance, they said no. So I had to pay 300 cash for a strep penumonia teratment of one hour. That was about one fourth of our total earnings per month that time - without taxes and without costs deducted. So in that sense you do NOT have a safe and reliable medical care network in the country. It is a goddamn shame and they rack in as much as they can. If they can't well, you just can't affird the treatment and you die or God or homeopathy will help.
Obamacare has its faults, but it is a good start. Prices have to be cut to stand where they are in other developed countries with similar services.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Care to make it interesting?

Happily bet you any sum of money that he doesn't get the party nomination.

Or should I just be nice at point at that in the latest poll he support was, as it always does, collapsing dramatically.

The survey, released Monday, indicates that 27 percent of Republicans nationwide support Perry for their party's nomination, with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who's making his second bid for the White House, at 14 percent. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin follows at ten percent, with Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani at nine percent, and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who's making his third bid for the presidency, at six percent. Every one else listed on the questionnaire registered in the low single digits.

Take Palin and Giuliani out of the mix and listing only the announced candidates, and the poll indicates Perry with 32 percent support, followed by Romney at 18 percent, Bachmann at 12 percent, Gingrich at seven percent, Paul at six percent, and everyone else in the low single digits.

So the poll ranked the candidates and found, in a race with Guiliani and Palin, Paul was the SEVENTH choice.

Without those two he was the FIFTH choice.

His support is dropping. As I predicted.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Plenty of time left..

Even a corrupt MSM can't hide Ron Paul's views for ever..

people WILL wake up....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

No, they won't, because RP, while a commendable human, has plans and beliefs which are both not mainstream and easy to demonise.

Look at this, this is Mitt's plan of attack against Rick Perry:

If Perry fails to implode and continues to surge in the polls, Romney eventually will have to go on the attack — an assault his advisers say will commence “at a time of our choosing.” Romney strategists are quick to note that in his book, “Fed Up!,” Perry writes that “By any measure, Social Security is a failure” and calls the program “something we have been forced to accept for more than 70 years now” that was created “at the expense of respect for the Constitution and limited government.” Look at what happened to Paul Ryan when he proposed a plan to save Medicare, they say. Romney’s campaign will argue that Perry is against the very idea of Social Security and Medicare, and that he will use Perry’s book to scare seniors in early-primary states with large retiree populations, such as Florida and South Carolina.

www.washingtonpost.com...

This is Mitt the #'s plan because he knows, as all polls show, that you can't win a general election if people THINK you're a threat to Medicare, Medicaid, and SS.

Perry MAY be able to deflect some of that as Romney's has very little taste for blood, but... Palin wouldn't, neither would Bachmann or Guiliani...

On top of ALL of that, Paul is never getting the nod, because the party doesn't really like him.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Time is on our side..

I'm prepared to wait and see, how about you??

You just want to keep bagging the best chance America has or what??

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Well, obviously my position is that Ron Paul is a decent human with a huge number of flawed ideas. He's also in a party which I consider to be the worse of two evils... and h's also unelectable nationally and won't get his party's nod...

but other than all of that... go Paul.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

Well, obviously my position is that Ron Paul is a decent human with a huge number of flawed ideas. He's also in a party which I consider to be the worse of two evils... and h's also unelectable nationally and won't get his party's nod...

but other than all of that... go Paul.

He's electable to me and will have my vote. Go hate somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

yeah, calling him a decent human who I disagree with is "hating"...

nailed it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

This is the mentality that can ruin an election. "Well, he can't get the nomination, so no point in voting for him". Try voting for him anyway. If enough people do this, guess what, he gets the nomination!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

It's gonna take better than polling in 7th place though.
edit on 30-8-2011 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You do realize that polling is targeted, right?
Depending on the results they want, they can target demographics to get their response. When the 2008 election was rolling around, Hillary was the leader in the polls. How did that work our for her?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

You not understanding how the Democratic Primary works != all polls are "fixed"

Why not go and refresh your "memory":

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I know how they work, however I also know how polls work. The candidate that rates higher in the polls tends to get more coverage, and thus has a more likely chance of being nominated. You have to remember that people believe these polls to be fact, and not targeted polling that they are. If they were true polls, then all of them would have the same results, yet they do not.
edit on 30-8-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

If you know how the primary works then you understand about delegates and super-delegates and realise that Obama and Hillary were NOT 20 points apart (like Perry and Paul are currently), but were essentially neck and neck to the very end.

And If you know how polls work then you know that phone they aren't typically "rigged".

Polls, esp phone polls are just a randomised snapshot of an opinion. Paul got second in IA and the coverage didn't exactly explode. RP isn't gonna win, no one seriously thinks he will, except his supporters, and coverage isn't based on how many people talk about RP on the internet, but one what candidates serious people think may actually have a chance, and on which candidate is best at making a media stink. As I said in my other thread about this, Paul is not a good campaigner or public speaker. His team is always outflanked by his opponents and his poll number are going the wrong direction. All of that makes him a less than desirable person for media coverage.

Add that to the amount Romney, Perry Palin, etc., spend on media "consultants" etc., and RP seriously has no chance.
edit on 30-8-2011 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You have your opinion, that's fine.
I still say if people cast their vote for him despite thinking he can't win, he may just make it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Good luck. Sincerely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join